Kyron Horman Discussion Thread 2020 - 2022 - #2

If there was physical evidence, Terri would have been arrested long ago.

Which is an excellent explanation for why police get tunnel vision in those cases were they weren't.

And yet there are countless examples of LE being absolutely certain, to the point where they take cases to trial and even get convictions, and then turn out to be wrong. The Innocence Project has an extensive list of exonerations. And in many o f these cases LE and prosecutors still insist they were right.

My point is, LE "knowing" who did it and said person actually having done it? Two very different things.
No it's not. There is no point here. Terri is the POI because the EVIDENCE led LE in that direction. She and DeDe left a trail which includes physical evidence. This is a known fact. Making baseless claims is just being argumentative. There's no mystery here except for the location of the body.
Throwing in unrelated cases is meaningless. Kyron's case is more similar to Heather Elvis. LE cannot find Heather's body, but they KNOW who murdered her. All the evidence led them to her killers. The killers have not been tried for murder yet because Heather is still missing.
The real point is.....Terri is guilty and those who have access to the evidence know this. It's not an unsolved case. It's an unprosecuted case at the moment. That could change very soon.

No it's not. There is no point here. Terri is the POI because the EVIDENCE led LE in that direction. She and DeDe left a trail which includes physical evidence.

What physical evidence? In the video, Desiree says that the physical evidence is the burner phones, which they didn't even buy until a month after the abduction, with contents that she says is "circumstancial" evidence that shows "conceal" and "lie" and "deceit". That is not physical evidence, though. We don't know what those supposedly deceitful things are, if they're actually that or if this is a case of Desiree reading into things based on her resentment of Terri. This is similar to the "Terri-hates-Kyron" emails, where Kaine denied they said as much.

Physical evidence means they would have arrested her in 2010. Three DAs in a row didn't hold off on charging her because they felt like it.

Making baseless claims is just being argumentative. There's no mystery here except for the location of the body.

I mean, it should be very obvious that is nowhere near true. The MCSO don't know how Kyron left the school. They don't know where he went. They don't know if he's alive or dead.

Throwing in unrelated cases is meaningless. Kyron's case is more similar to Heather Elvis.

Throwing in unrelated cases is meaningless, I'd say, except I do think there is something to learn here.

LE cannot find Heather's body, but they KNOW who murdered her. All the evidence led them to her killers. The killers have not been tried for murder yet because Heather is still missing.

Yet they were charged with murder at first, as well as kidnapping and obstruction of justice, because there was evidence. They had to drop the murder charges, yes, but the rest went forward. If these cases were similar, the MCDA would have been able to charge Terri with kidnapping or at least custodial interference. If she actually did lie and deceive during the investigation, there would have been charges of obstruction of justice. None of that would require a body, and none of those charges would have prevented a future murder trial.

Unless, that is, there was no actual evidence, and those cases would crash and burn as hard as the murder charge.

The (in)action of the MCDA in contrast to the Elvis case (which took place after the Casey Anthony verdict, I might add, another strike against that common notion that the CA verdict dissuaded the DA from charging Terri) is a great indication of the strength of the case against Terri.

The real point is.....Terri is guilty and those who have access to the evidence know this. It's not an unsolved case. It's an unprosecuted case at the moment. That could change very soon.

And the case against Jacob Wetterling was solved too, everyone (the cops included) knew it was the neighbor. As was the Britanee Drexel case - young mr Taylor and his friends did it, like the FBI and the public at large were so sure of.

I hope Vasquez turns out to be a conscientious DA - I always hope that for incoming prosecutors - and that he can help direct this case to where Kaine and Desiree can join the Wetterling and Drexel families in getting justice for their child. Justice that didn't involve those who everyone, including those who had access to the evidence, "knew" did it.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

Yes, Desiree claimed in 2017 that Kyron's DNA had been in the bed of the truck. But what is that physical evidence of? It was the family truck, all it said was that Kyron had been in the bed at some point. Tell you the truth, I have no idea what this was supposed to prove anyway? Even if Terri had time to kill Kyron before her shopping trip, did she leave the body in the bed of the truck in the middle of multiple public parking lots in bright daylight?

Now there is just arguing for argument's sake about facts that are already well known. That does nothing to help Desiree find her son, and no one wants to read all that again because it's just not worth the time to keep re-hashing what's already been de-bunked.

You haven't demonstrated that any of what I said has been debunked. Feel free to do so, I'm always happy to change my view if there is evidence to warrant it.

It's past time to move on.

No, I don't think I will. Cases that are on the wrong track - like Drexel or Wetterling - would never have been solved if everyone had resigned to blindly follow the LE-decided path.

This is,once again, a VICTIM FRIENDLY forum. The focus should be on areas that need to be searched or re-searched. We already know the who,and the when. We just need to help Desiree find the where.

Victim friendly is meaningless if there is insistence that only the wrong track can be investigated. Fourteen years of going after Terri has not produced a single thing that leads to Kyron. It's time to try something different and see what results it brings.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really dislike her. She was unkind to Kyron and that is just a fact, and it's a very important fact..maybe the most important fact because it is a window into what was actually happening in that household. She was lying about his behavior and punishing him for made up reasons. The punishment was always banishment to his room and this enabled her to neglect him and shame him to his father. Let's get this to a grand jury. let's see what common sense dictates. mOO

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

A reminder that unless you are a WS Verified Insider, you need to provide links to substantiate information stated as fact.

On another note, regardless of how long a member has been here, all members are required to post with respect toward other members.

Antagonistic, inflammatory posts, chastising or putdowns of other members is simply NOT tolerated and not in the spirit of Websleuths.

If you can't post respectfully, don't post.

Published​

June 4, 2024

The investigation into the disappearance of Kyron Horman continues at the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office. This year, we have launched a new webpage where the public can find information on the case and send us tips.
Kyron was last seen the morning of June 4, 2010, at Skyline Elementary School in Portland, Oregon attending his school’s science fair. He has not been seen or heard from since. At the time, he was seven years old.
Kyron has brown hair, blue eyes and wears glasses. He also has a distinct V-shaped strawberry birthmark on his forehead.

Complete article at link...

Imo, Kyron's life ended at the age of 7, sadly. He never got to experience a fun day enjoying the science fair at school that morning (also, imo). Kyron's case is just as heartbreaking as the day he disappeared and even more so because there has been no answers, no arrest(s), no one will speak up at this time. moo

Imo, Kyron's life ended at the age of 7, sadly. He never got to experience a fun day enjoying the science fair at school that morning (also, imo). Kyron's case is just as heartbreaking as the day he disappeared and even more so because there has been no answers, no arrest(s), no one will speak up at this time. moo
I don't post about Kyron, but think of him all the time, most often and deeply when I see a butterfly.
I'll stay right here with you, @arielilane.
Waiting.

It would be nice to think he's alive somewhere, but I agree with you. He either died that day or soon after.

PORTLAND, Ore. — The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office says its investigation into the disappearance of Kyron Horman is still ongoing, and on Tuesday the office directed the public to a new webpage where people can learn more about the case and submit tips. The page is an extension of the office's open cases page, where Kyron's case is the only one listed.

<modsnip: Edited to comply with 10% copyright rule>

Last edited by a moderator:
Case number: 10-403516

Date Last Seen:
June 4, 2010

Age at Incident:

Race:
White

Kyron Horman was last seen at Skyline Elementary School in Portland, Oregon, on June 4, 2010, attending his school’s science fair. He has not been seen or heard from since. At the time, he was seven years old.
Kyron has brown hair, blue eyes and wears glasses. He also has a distinct V-shaped strawberry birthmark on his forehead.

On the day of his disappearance, Kyron was wearing a black t-shirt with "CSI" in green letters and a handprint graphic. He was also wearing black cargo pants, white socks and black Sketchers sneakers with orange trim. Kyron may have had his glasses on at the time.

Timeline
June 4, 2010
8:45 a.m. – Kyron’s stepmother reports she last saw him walking down the hallway towards his classroom.
3:30 p.m. – Kyron did not return home on his school bus as scheduled.
3:56 p.m. – A Skyline Elementary School employee calls 911.
3:59 p.m. – The Portland Police Bureau and Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office are dispatched.
4:33 p.m. – Portland Police Bureau officers and Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office deputies arrive at Skyline Elementary School and Kyron’s home. MCSO and Portland Police Bureau began checking the home, school and surrounding area for Kyron.
7:00 p.m. – The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue are activated to assist in the search.
8:15 p.m. – The MCSO Public Information Officer meets with media at the school.
8:30-8:50 p.m. – Sheriff Dan Staton notifies the FBI.

The search and subsequent initial investigation quickly evolved, enlisting assistance from local, county, state and federal partners as it grew into the largest single search effort in the state of Oregon. The multifaceted response immediately involved the coordination of the East County Major Crimes Team, the FBI, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, and the Multnomah County District Attorney's Office along with other investigators from Sheriff's Offices and police agencies in Oregon.

To this day, Kyron Horman remains missing.

Report a tip
A $50,000 reward is available for information leading to the resolution of Kyron’s disappearance. You can help us by sharing any information relating to this investigation.

You can do so by calling our tipline at 503-988-0560 or emailing tips@mcso.us

Two photos of missing child: Kyron Horman.

Age progressed photos of Kyron Horman ages 14-15 and 19-20.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohthatmakessense
Back