Kyron Horman Discussion Thread 2020 - 2022 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Snipped quote: [February 10, 2011] Kaine held a press conference late Monday morning. He said he could not comment specifically on anything Desiree said during the Today Show, because he did not watch the interview. But he did confirm that he got the same information about Terri's emails from police on Friday as Desiree.
Desiree: Terri hated Kyron, blamed him for failing marriage

[Pg 395] Kaine defended himself. “I haven’t seen any emails, so hearing that—that’s a little bit of a shock to me,” Kaine said. Desiree didn’t press the point—Kaine had seen the emails, and had even helped investigators gather them. It was Kaine who had shown them to Desiree.
“Boy Missing—The Search For Kyron Horman” by Rebecca Morris
Yes, that is another case of disagreement between Kaine and Desiree - in this case it's on the content if the emails. Desiree says she was shown emails by the police and they were hateful. Kaine says he was also shown emails but not emails that were hateful. Since both agree they were shown the same emails at the same time, the disagreement is over the content or perhaps rather the interpretation of the content.

Snipped quote: [February 10, 2011] Kaine held a press conference late Monday morning. He said he could not comment specifically on anything Desiree said during the Today Show, because he did not watch the interview. But he did confirm that he got the same information about Terri's emails from police on Friday as Desiree.
Desiree: Terri hated Kyron, blamed him for failing marriage

[Pg 395] Kaine defended himself. “I haven’t seen any emails, so hearing that—that’s a little bit of a shock to me,” Kaine said. Desiree didn’t press the point—Kaine had seen the emails, and had even helped investigators gather them. It was Kaine who had shown them to Desiree.
1. Lots of things have changed since 2011
2. The emails Kaine initially didn’t want to show Desiree were emails between Terri and Lisa (Quinn’s) stepmom who were both talking not very nice about Desiree. Kaine initially didn’t want to show them to her as this was already an awful situation and he did want her to be upset by what they were saying. IMO that is why there are not any “hate” emails or emails that Terri wanted to hurt Kyron. The 2 stepmoms were just complaining. Any logical person would say if those emails were about wanting to actually hurt Kyron in the (per Desiree) worst possible way. We would not be here today.

1. Lots of things have changed since 2011
2. The emails Kaine initially didn’t want to show Desiree were emails between Terri and Lisa (Quinn’s) stepmom who were both talking not very nice about Desiree. Kaine initially didn’t want to show them to her as this was already an awful situation and he did want her to be upset by what they were saying. IMO that is why there are not any “hate” emails or emails that Terri wanted to hurt Kyron. The 2 stepmoms were just complaining. Any logical person would say if those emails were about wanting to actually hurt Kyron in the (per Desiree) worst possible way. We would not be here today.
Is there a MSM link to what you state? Curious how you know the content of the emails, TIA.

The following are statements made by law enforcement officials, a judge, and an attorney. These statements would not have been made were there no supporting evidence behind them. Desiree has chosen to share some of that evidence with us, while Kaine has not. There is much more than the meager links I have provided below.

Snipped quote: [Jun. 13, 2010] The search for Kyron Horman is now a criminal investigation with a $25,000 reward for any tips leading to the missing second-grader's recovery.
Sheriff Dan Staton announced the reward and the change in the status of the case this afternoon.
Multnomah County sheriff's officials described the switch as a natural progression now that they have scoured the immediate area and checked out tips.

Kyron Horman Day 10: Case is now a criminal investigation

Snipped quote: [June 15, 2010] "It's not a search-and-rescue operation anymore," Gates said in a press conference.
He added that parents in the area need not take extra precautions with their children. Authorities have said since the earliest days of the investigation that they believe Kyron's disappearance was an isolated case.
"There is no reason to believe that the kids are in any danger here," Gates said.

https://web.archive.org/web/20100622031111/https://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20007724-504083.html/

Snipped quote: [Jun 18, 2010] There was one new piece of information: “Terri is the last-known person to have seen him before he disappeared,” Multnomah County Sheriff’s Capt. Jason Gates said, contrary to previous reports of someone else who might have seen the boy afterward. …This week, investigators sent a questionnaire to Skyline parents and students asking about their memories of Kyron’s whereabouts on the day he vanished, including any sighting of his stepmom’s pickup truck. That question reads: "Did your child see a white Ford F250 truck at or near the school on 6/4/10?"
https://web.archive.org/web/20100622041532/https://www.portlandtribune.com/news/story.php?story_id=127687387448812800

1st Flyer Pg 1 Released June 18, 2010.jpg
Flier

Snipped quote: [August 24th 2010] Terri's divorce attorney, Peter Bunch, claims the divorce can't go on right now because she's a "de facto suspect" in the disappearance of her stepson, Kyron.
Terri Horman makes Portland court appearance

Snipped quote: [October 30, 2013] Judge Henry Kantor referred to Kyron's stepmother Terri Horman as a prime suspect in the investigation, although Terri Horman has never been formally named a suspect in any criminal case.
Civil judge calls Terri Horman 'prime suspect'

Is there a MSM link to what you state? Curious how you know the content of the emails, TIA.
I am looking for it. It’s a video clip where he says it and I believe he is with Desiree. Some of these videos are archived and not available.

Sure, it's Nancy Grace's recent show. Here is the pertinent part, you can go back a little to hear the specific mention of Desiree's claim, which Nancy then asks Kaine about.
Thank you for the link. I wanted to be sure we were discussing the same interview. Kaine is a victim who appears to be waiting for Terri to tell him she never left his 7-year-old son in the hall by the office like she said she did (in at least one of her versions). It’s so sad. It's been 14 years. I wonder how long he will wait until he accepts what law enforcement has told him.

I believe he has received the same information as Desiree.

Since Kaine wasn’t going to give it up, Ms. Grace got the reporter to explain about the evidence that has emerged of witnesses who saw the stepmother leaving with Kyron.

Snipped 'unofficial' transcript:
Nancy Grace: [19:42] Kaine, did Terri ever mention to you leaving the school with Kyron?
Kaine: No, not in any conversation that we had.
Nancy Grace: [19:54] What do you know about potential witnesses that say they observed her leaving with him?
Kaine: Personally, I have no firsthand account of anybody having seen him in the parking lot or heard of them leaving together. Ahh, I’ve heard a lot of second hand information that there is a number of different accounts. There is accounts of people seeing all three of them leaving, because my daughter was with her as well. There is accounts of seeing him by himself in the parking lot getting into vehicles. I’ve heard different kinds of vehicles, not just a truck. And I’ve heard, you know, other accounts of people witnessing her leaving the school by herself. I don’t, I haven’t heard any directly, so that’s, it’s all second hand information. I apologize, but I don’t have any firsthand witness accounts that have been dictated to me personally in that instance. But it’s been a little bit of everything to be honest.
Nancy Grace: Nor do I. In fact many reports state the stepmom leaves without him. That she is observed leaving without him. How many times, can I ask you Kaine, did you go over it and over it and over it with stepmom, Terri?
Kaine: [21:20] Many, many times. Exhaustively. There was a lot of discussion that was occurring post the interaction with the folks at the school and then with law enforcement. And it was pretty much a daily thing. Trying to walk through, you know, who they saw; uhm, recount the steps. Uhm, making sure that, uhm. [21:46] One of my biggest concerns was, you know, did they actually meet up and part ways at the office. Ahh, I didn’t really ever get firsthand information that confirmed their parting at that location. So there was just a lot of conversation about trying to understand exactly what happened, where it happened and how it happened. And then including after, as well. So, it was, there was a lot.
Nancy Grace: [31:58] To Annette Newell joining us. KXL news host. Annette, again, thank you for being with us. That parking lot was likely full of parents leaving. Leaving the science fair. But you are telling me evidence has emerged of at least one witness seeing the stepmother leaving with Kyron? Is that correct?
Annette Newell: They were seen out in front of the school by one of Kyron’s friends, his grandma and sister; as well as his bus driver. They were walking out to the main road which is where the truck was parked. That witnesses saw Terri and Kyron leaving the school together that morning and heading toward their truck.
According to [KOIN], also, Terri said that she drove around town that day stopping at the two grocery stores to get medicine for her daughter who wasn’t feeling well. Then police found that Terri’s phone pinged around Highway 30, north of Portland. In that time period.

Boy Disappears From Elementary School Science Fair: Where's Kyron Horman?

I’m sure the words in Terri’s ‘hate’ emails haven’t changed since the days in 2010 when she wrote them. They are important to the case because they show motive. (Other sources also show motive but I won’t add those links in this comment).

In one of the links below Kaine admits [timestamp 1:48] he knew of the hatred Terri had for the “both” of them even though earlier in the video he denied knowing Terri hated Kyron. [Timestamp 0:38 for denial].

Tony also saw the emails and has made at least one brief statement about them.

Maybe the best 'evidence' showing that the emails exist is that Desiree threatened to produce the emails in court if Quinn’s father [GM] didn’t let Quinn stay with Desiree and Tony in Medford after Kyron disappeared. Quinn stayed.

[Pg 375] Technically, Desiree didn’t return Quinn at the end of summer. [GM] threatened to go to court. Desiree tried to appeal to [GM’s] “parental nature”. He sent her threatening letters. She had her attorney write him. Quinn stood his ground and stayed in Medford for his last year of high school.
Desiree had something she could leverage. She knew that [GM’s] wife [] and Terri had been emailing before Kyron went missing, each sharing their dislike of their stepsons. She threatened to use the messages in her fight to have Quinn live in Medford.

Snipped quote: [Nov. 15, 2010] Young said the emails reveal "a severe hatred for Kyron."
"She blames a lot of the marital problems between Kaine and herself on Kyron. It was a huge point of contention in their marriage, and she had expressed in great detail her hatred for Kyron," Young said. "I now believe, without a shadow of a doubt that not only is she capable of hurting Kyron, that it's clear that she could have hurt him in the worst possible way."

Kyron's mother, Desiree Young, appears solo on Today Show saying Terri Horman had 'severe hatred for Kyron'

Snipped quote: [May 29, 2020] Investigators uncovered private emails Terri sent to a friend shortly before Kyron disappeared. The documentary notes the information was not made public but was shared with Desiree and her husband, Tony Young.
“You can see in her own mind, her disdain for Kyron, her resentment wanting him out of the house,” Tony Young says in the documentary. “When you fit that into everything else we knew, that is huge.”
Also in the documentary, Desiree said, “You see how she puts in writing how she hates Kyron and wishing he would just die.”

https://www.koin.com/news/oregon/little-boy-lost-documentary-looks-at-kyron-horman-case/

Snipped transcript: [See timestamp 0:38 for denial].
Dr. Phil: [1:48] So, you think that she might have done something to Kyron to hurt Kaine.
Desiree: Yup.
Kaine: I know of the hatred that she had for the both of us.
Kaine, Desiree appear on 'Dr. Phil'

Something else Kaine denies—the argument beginning on June 3, 2010 and lasting until 3 a.m. on June 4, 2010. (Note the pattern of denial).
Snipped quote: [Sep. 17, 2013] Young said Terri Horman put everything in writing, including saying that she and Kaine Horman had been up arguing until 3 a.m., hours before Kyron disappeared. Young said Terri Horman wrote that her marriage to Kaine Horman was over and that she planned to return to Roseburg the day the boy vanished.
Kaine Horman denied that had been the case. "We didn't fight at all," Horman said.

Kyron Horman's parents, Desiree Young, Kaine Horman air differences on Dr. Phil

Kaine and Desiree are both victims. They aren't responsible for this tragedy. I hope someday they both forgive themselves and each other and know peace and love in their hearts.

Justice for their young son, Kyron! He was 7 years old.

Thank you @Truth Prevails, that was a great sourced post. Many of those things I had forgotten.

I can see how it might be painful for Kaine to admit certain things. But he could never predict that Terri's behavior leading up to Kyron's disappearance, would result in his child's death.

Thank you for the link. I wanted to be sure we were discussing the same interview. Kaine is a victim who appears to be waiting for Terri to tell him she never left his 7-year-old son in the hall by the office like she said she did (in at least one of her versions). It’s so sad. It's been 14 years. I wonder how long he will wait until he accepts what law enforcement has told him.

You here you believe Desiree and not Kaine? Fine, I believe otherwise, but it shows that there is indeed a discrepancy between what Kaine says and what Desiree says.

I believe he has received the same information as Desiree.

Since Kaine wasn’t going to give it up, Ms. Grace got the reporter to explain about the evidence that has emerged of witnesses who saw the stepmother leaving with Kyron.

You forget that the reporter brought it up before the exchanges below, and specified that it was Desiree's claim. So there's no reason to think Grace brought it up again just to counter Kaine.

In the end, Kaine's version is more credible. It's easy to see why Desiree would cling to one of the unverified second-hand accounts that confirmed what she already believed (according to her own words) and present it as fact. But if she had this information from the police in 2010 like the book claims, one has to wonder why she didn't depose any of these witnesses in her civil trial, where that testimony would essentially prove her case. And why would the police keep looking for and asking about Terri's parking spots and unknown people seen outside for months after, when they had confirmed eyewitness statements that Terri and Kyron simply walked out and left together?

My guess? This is just another rumor that got spread around. The police looked at it, saw that according the list of attendants, one of the witnesses, like CL's grandmother, wasn't at the school that morning, and dismissed it. That's what I believe anyway.

I’m sure the words in Terri’s ‘hate’ emails haven’t changed since the days in 2010 when she wrote them. They are important to the case because they show motive. (Other sources also show motive but I won’t add those links in this comment).

In one of the links below Kaine admits [timestamp 1:48] he knew of the hatred Terri had for the “both” of them even though earlier in the video he denied knowing Terri hated Kyron. [Timestamp 0:38 for denial].

It would be interesting to see the full context for that last clip. But his denial of what the email contained is still clear.

Looking at the quotes and the actions taken, I see no reason to dismiss every statement Kaine says as "denial". It's not as if Kaine hasn't been clear in his belief that Terri was involved. He would have no reason to deny the existance of hate emails, no reason to deny being briefed by LE about witnesses seeing Kyron leave with Terri, no reason to deny he argued with Terri throughout the night. But there is plenty of reason for Desiree to exaggerate, to read into things, to misinterpret, to gravitate towards anything that bolsters her belief, held since day one, that Terri was guilty. It's a normal reaction even for those of us who haven't been through a situation as traumatic as this one.

There's no reason to believe Kaine hasn't been truthful about this.

Tony also saw the emails and has made at least one brief statement about them.

Maybe the best 'evidence' showing that the emails exist is that Desiree threatened to produce the emails in court if Quinn’s father [GM] didn’t let Quinn stay with Desiree and Tony in Medford after Kyron disappeared. Quinn stayed.

But that is only sourced to Desiree herself in the Morris book, and we know there are things in that book that are outright wrong. Here I would very much like to hear the other side of the story. Desiree even admits to there being other reasons and it's not like Q was a kid, he was starting his last year of high school.

Kaine and Desiree are both victims. They aren't responsible for this tragedy. I hope someday they both forgive themselves and each other and know peace and love in their hearts.

They're all victims, Kaine, Desiree, Terri. But mostly Kyron, and that's where my focus is.

It would be interesting to see the full context for that last clip. But his denial of what the email contained is still clear.

Looking at the quotes and the actions taken, I see no reason to dismiss every statement Kaine says as "denial". It's not as if Kaine hasn't been clear in his belief that Terri was involved. He would have no reason to deny the existance of hate emails, no reason to deny being briefed by LE about witnesses seeing Kyron leave with Terri, no reason to deny he argued with Terri throughout the night. But there is plenty of reason for Desiree to exaggerate, to read into things, to misinterpret, to gravitate towards anything that bolsters her belief, held since day one, that Terri was guilty. It's a normal reaction even for those of us who haven't been through a situation as traumatic as this one.

There's no reason to believe Kaine hasn't been truthful about this.

But that is only sourced to Desiree herself in the Morris book, and we know there are things in that book that are outright wrong. Here I would very much like to hear the other side of the story. Desiree even admits to there being other reasons and it's not like Q was a kid, he was starting his last year of high school.

They're all victims, Kaine, Desiree, Terri. But mostly Kyron, and that's where my focus is.
Terri is not a victm. She is the perpetrator. Kyron, Desiree, Kaine, Kaine's daughter, Quinn, Tony......even James. They have all suffered immeasurably because of Terri's actions. Kaine can't bring himself to admit that the woman he brought into all their lives destroyed his son. He's defensve about his actions...or lack thereof. Desiree was justifably outraged when she discovered how toxic Kyron's home environment had become. Desiree has a certan amount of blame she lays at Kaine's feet and they are comng from different sides. Kaine wants to believe that Kyron is stll living and Desiree knows that's probably not the case.

Terri is not a victm. She is the perpetrator.

No, she's not.

Kyron, Desiree, Kaine, Kaine's daughter, Quinn, Tony......even James. They have all suffered immeasurably because of Terri's actions.

Terri, Kaine and Desiree have all suffered for having their son taken away. Terri has also suffered for being targeted by a police investigation that decided on their preferred culprit early and refused to rethink when the evidence pointed elsewhere, even when the Grand Jury failed to indict.

Everyone has suffered from the police's botched investigation and their refusal to hand the case over to the FBI despite having spent fourteen years and a lot of money and manhours with absolutely nothing to show for it but a series of embarrassments.

Kyron has certainly suffered for it. I believe that he is dead and was killed fairly quickly by the perpetrator, but if there was a sliver of a chance that he could have been saved, the police botched that too.

Kaine can't bring himself to admit that the woman he brought into all their lives destroyed his son. He's defensve about his actions...or lack thereof.

Kaine has always been clear that he believes Terri was responsible for Kyron's disappearance. So why would he have any reason to deny the hate emails? Why would he deny being briefed on the witnesses that saw Terri leave with Kyron? If they were true, they would bolster his claims.

Desiree, on the other hand, has every reason to spread these claims even if they're weak. She has by her own admission believed in Terri's guilt from day one and has resented her for almost a decade before if the Morris book is to be believed. Outside of these two, she has claimed Terri lied about last seeing Kyron because there was a wall that prevented her from seeing him from where she was - a wall that didn't exist, in a school Desiree had almost never visited at that time. She has put the worst possible spin on any statement Terri ever made, given claims we know to be false (that Terri was never in the dry cleaners) and even changed details when needed (in the book she insists Kyron was not supposed to be in the talent show, last year she insisted he was). All of these have in common that they are against Terri. It's understandable and hardly uncommon, that someone would believe and bolster claims that confirm what they already believe.

The problem is, of course, that in doing so she is not helping to find Kyron and may well be hindering. I don't place any blame on her, but rather her enablers - any lazy reporter or hack crime writer who doesn't bother to do a modicum of research into her claims, or this case for that matter. Desiree named the witnesses in the Morris book and elsewhere, yet I haven't seen anyone even admitting to an attempt to contact them for confirmation. Kyron isn't helped by swallowing anyone's claims at face value, not Terri's, not Kaine's, not Desiree's.

Last edited:
No, she's not.

Terri, Kaine and Desiree have all suffered for having their son taken away. Terri has also suffered for being targeted by a police investigation that decided on their preferred culprit early and refused to rethink when the evidence pointed elsewhere, even when the Grand Jury failed to indict.

Everyone has suffered from the police's botched investigation and their refusal to hand the case over to the FBI despite having spent fourteen years and a lot of money and manhours with absolutely nothing to show for it but a series of embarrassments.

Kyron has certainly suffered for it. I believe that he is dead and was killed fairly quickly by the perpetrator, but if there was a sliver of a chance that he could have been saved, the police botched that too.

Kaine has always been clear that he believes Terri was responsible for Kyron's disappearance. So why would he have any reason to deny the hate emails? Why would he deny being briefed on the witnesses that saw Terri leave with Kyron? If they were true, they would bolster his claims.

Desiree, on the other hand, has every reason to spread these claims even if they're weak. She has by her own admission believed in Terri's guilt from day one and has resented her for almost a decade before if the Morris book is to be believed. Outside of these two, she has claimed Terri lied about last seeing Kyron because there was a wall that prevented her from seeing him from where she was - a wall that didn't exist, in a school Desiree had almost never visited at that time. She has put the worst possible spin on any statement Terri ever made, given claims we know to be false (that Terri was never in the dry cleaners) and even changed details when needed (in the book she insists Kyron was not supposed to be in the talent show, last year she insisted he was). All of these have in common that they are against Terri. It's understandable and hardly uncommon, that someone would believe and bolster claims that confirm what they already believe.

The problem is, of course, that in doing so she is not helping to find Kyron and may well be hindering. I don't place any blame on her, but rather her enablers - any lazy reporter or hack crime writer who doesn't bother to do a modicum of research into her claims, or this case for that matter. Desiree named the witnesses in the Morris book and elsewhere, yet I haven't seen anyone even admitting to an attempt to contact them for confirmation. Kyron isn't helped by swallowing anyone's claims at face value, not Terri's, not Kaine's, not Desiree's.
I agree completely. Just my opinion, based on my own experiences with grieving parents, Desiree is looking at this through immense pain which I believe is clouding her judgement. By the time Kyron was discovered missing, he could have been anywhere. I doubt he will be found in the local area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico
Back