Kyron Horman Discussion Thread 2020 - 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that's the story I was thinking of. IMO, 20 miles isn't really that far if one has a car and doesn't want to "hunt" in their backyard. Especially since the most recent event appears to have occurred in a more-rural area.

Put that together with the additional attempt mentioned, in Forest Grove, the three create a somewhat equidistant triangle that centers somewhere in the vicinity of the cities of North Plains, Banks, or the convergence of Hwys 26 and 6.

That's what I find suggestive.
I'd like to see that on a map.

I check Kyrons site frequently just in case.

I am surprised Karon was never found. If found now, maybe a small piece of bone or tooth, unless he was in a barrel….

I always thought Terri did it herself. Had her baby with her the entire time.

Although many will say this is no good reason, I believe she is guilty of murder because she walked away from her little baby girl. She did not even want to fight for her in a court of law….and I ask why….because she would have to answer some questions and could possible screw up and give an answer regarding Kryons missing. She kept quiet and as soon as she could she walked and never looked back. How can anyone do that to their child. Pure evil. One day she will have to answer for her actions…all of this is JOO.

It is much easier to get away with murder if no one else
Is involved. Just think of Casey Anthony!!! IMO

I check Kyrons site frequently just in case.

I am surprised Karon was never found. If found now, maybe a small piece of bone or tooth, unless he was in a barrel….

I always thought Terri did it herself. Had her baby with her the entire time.

Although many will say this is no good reason, I believe she is guilty of murder because she walked away from her little baby girl. She did not even want to fight for her in a court of law….and I ask why….because she would have to answer some questions and could possible screw up and give an answer regarding Kryons missing. She kept quiet and as soon as she could she walked and never looked back. How can anyone do that to their child. Pure evil. One day she will have to answer for her actions…all of this is JOO.

It is much easier to get away with murder if no one else
Is involved. Just think of Casey Anthony!!! IMO

Yes, that's the story I was thinking of. IMO, 20 miles isn't really that far if one has a car and doesn't want to "hunt" in their backyard. Especially since the most recent event appears to have occurred in a more-rural area.

Put that together with the additional attempt mentioned, in Forest Grove, the three create a somewhat equidistant triangle that centers somewhere in the vicinity of the cities of North Plains, Banks, or the convergence of Hwys 26 and 6.

That's what I find suggestive.

I don't personally believe Kyron was snatched by a stranger. He was seen by a room full of people at the science fair, and then seen leaving that room with Terri Horman. Terri claims she watched as he walked down the hall towards his classroom, and that she never saw him again . But a witness saw him leaving the building with Terri. I believe she WAS the last person to see Kyron, as she said, but he was not in the school building the last time she saw him.. It was when she killed him and discarded his body out in the Oregon woods somewhere.

Step-mother, Terri, is still at the very top of my list as suspects involved in the disappearance of Kyron- no question. That said, with the conclusion of the missing Harley Dilley case today, it shows that two things can be possible at once: troubles at home and misadventure/accident.

There is a little part of me today that wants Skyline Elementary to be torn apart and any nearby uninhabited spaces, in order to search areas where entrapment might be possible.

Again, I think Terri’s involvement is MUCH more likely, but I am taking pause today due to Harley’s case. MOO

* edited to add, Kyron’s case was one of the first I followed on Websleuths. I have a son the same age and I still think of Kyron often. What a cute little guy.

I feel the same way,
No solid evidence. But what bothers me is do we have the time frame for the when this Science Fair was to start and end? From what I remember, Terri gave statements to LE that she left school at 8:45am. Isn't that an awfully short Science Fair? And what school would have a Science Fair before a first class? Even first class is strange, because in Elementary School, you have one room, and one teacher all day, with the exceptions of art and music electives.

Do we have verification that this was a Science Fair? Or are these just events assumed to be facts based on Terri's statements to police? If there was a Science Fair, it would not end within a 45 minute period of time and would be something that would seem to make sense as an after school activity. This timeline does not add up for me. There could be a lot of instances where Terri is lying.

Satch

I feel the same way,
No solid evidence. But what bothers me is do we have the time frame for the when this Science Fair was to start and end? From what I remember, Terri gave statements to LE that she left school at 8:45am. Isn't that an awfully short Science Fair? And what school would have a Science Fair before a first class? Even first class is strange, because in Elementary School, you have one room, and one teacher all day, with the exceptions of art and music electives.

Do we have verification that this was a Science Fair? Or are these just events assumed to be facts based on Terri's statements to police? If there was a Science Fair, it would not end within a 45 minute period of time and would be something that would seem to make sense as an after school activity. This timeline does not add up for me. There could be a lot of instances where Terri is lying.

Satch

I'm going from memory but I'm sure there are links out there to confirm or others maybe can clarify if my recollections are off.

There was a confirmed science fair that day. Every early news article stated as such.
IIRC, Skyline was/is a k-8 school, what we call a consolidated school in my area, so it's an elementary and middle school combination.
The science fair was open to the parents/family members to tour before classes started. Then they left, and the kids went to their classrooms, formed groups, and were taken on a tour of the exhibits. This is where an alleged sighting, which was later retracted, of Kyron by the back stairwell emerged. I don't recall exactly what time it ended, though.
I recall reading there was no guest sign in for the event. Anyone could have possibly attended, from what I understand. The school had no cameras at the time.

Friday, June 4, 2010
  • Skyline Elementary opened at 8 a.m. so students and parents could tour the science fair. Terri and Kyron Horman arrived shortly after the school opened.
  • A billboard outside read: “June 4, I.B. Inquiry Expo, 8-10, Talent show, 1-2:45.” Kyron was supposed to take part in both the expo/science fair and the talent show.
  • At 8:15 a.m., Skyline PTA President Gina Zimmerman arrived at the school and saw Kyron with his stepmother in front of his exhibit.
  • Terri Horman left the school at 8:45 a.m. after watching Kyron walk towards his classroom.
More at link-https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/2020/06/kyron-horman-missing-10-years-a-timeline.html#:~:text=Terri%20Horman%20left%20the%20school,later%20backtracked%20on%20that%20statement.

Interesting details at this link-
Author: Multiple witnesses saw Kyron Horman leave with stepmom | kgw.com

RE: the witnesses who saw TH leave the school and walk through the parking lot with Kyron after the science fair. If they are reliable, then why hasn't TH been arrested for, at the very least, custodial interference? You don't need a body for that, see the Skelton case, and doing so wouldn't jeopardize future charges when Kyron is found.
Disclosure: I'm not a legal expert, just pondering this fact, in hopes that someone who does have a legal background will explain.

RE: the witnesses who saw TH leave the school and walk through the parking lot with Kyron after the science fair. If they are reliable, then why hasn't TH been arrested for, at the very least, custodial interference? You don't need a body for that, see the Skelton case, and doing so wouldn't jeopardize future charges when Kyron is found.
Disclosure: I'm not a legal expert, just pondering this fact, in hopes that someone who does have a legal background will explain.

I have the same question- hope a legal mind can help with this issue. I often wonder why these parents of missing (most likely murdered) children seem to go about their business without too much pressure on them from law enforcement. I know they cannot be arrested without evidence, but my goodness, it seems so many of these (mostly mothers it seems) have most likely committed a crime but they get away with it: why aren't they interrogated more often? sure they can refuse to speak or get an attorney, but sometimes maybe one of these people would actually sit down and talk to the police.

I have the same question- hope a legal mind can help with this issue. I often wonder why these parents of missing (most likely murdered) children seem to go about their business without too much pressure on them from law enforcement. I know they cannot be arrested without evidence, but my goodness, it seems so many of these (mostly mothers it seems) have most likely committed a crime but they get away with it: why aren't they interrogated more often? sure they can refuse to speak or get an attorney, but sometimes maybe one of these people would actually sit down and talk to the police.

I've noticed that, too. I think I've stumbled across two separate cases out of New England recently where two little girls haven't been seen in over a year. No one can pinpoint the last time they were seen, and their families, in the meantime, are going about their day, business as usual, raising other children, like it isn't even their deal, or no big deal they're even missing. It was extended relatives who noticed they were gone and reported them missing.
I've also seen this a lot with historical missing women cases and their significant others. The SO's claim they got in a fight and the woman did one of two things: they either got out of the car in the middle of nowhere or simply vanished from the house in the middle of the night while the SO was sleeping. And law enforcement seems to just shrug and say "Okay, we'll buy that," and don't pursue it. Then the guy goes on his merry way.

I've noticed that, too. I think I've stumbled across two separate cases out of New England recently where two little girls haven't been seen in over a year. No one can pinpoint the last time they were seen, and their families, in the meantime, are going about their day, business as usual, raising other children, like it isn't even their deal, or no big deal they're even missing. It was extended relatives who noticed they were gone and reported them missing.
I've also seen this a lot with historical missing women cases and their significant others. The SO's claim they got in a fight and the woman did one of two things: they either got out of the car in the middle of nowhere or simply vanished from the house in the middle of the night while the SO was sleeping. And law enforcement seems to just shrug and say "Okay, we'll buy that," and don't pursue it. Then the guy goes on his merry way.

Disappearance of Sky Metalwala - Wikipedia

This is just one case that comes to mind: Skye Metalwala just disappeared: poof: mom did not cooperate with the police so what price did she pay for that? NONE- It is maddening- and of course there are so many more "missing' children, probably murdered and the parents don't cooperate with the police and there are no consequences. Kyron Horman is one of too many. When a parent acts alone to do something terrible to a child, there is a very good chance they will get away with it- especially since no one else knows, who can eventually tell the tale!

Kaine had custody of Kyron.....and Terri was his wife. She was Kyron's caretaker so she couldn't be charged with custodial interference.
The DA in Kyron's case apparently wants a body or some kind of physical evidence....or something more than what they have. This is one of those cases where LE knows who did it but can't arrest anyone yet.

Kaine had custody of Kyron.....and Terri was his wife. She was Kyron's caretaker so she couldn't be charged with custodial interference.
The DA in Kyron's case apparently wants a body or some kind of physical evidence....or something more than what they have. This is one of those cases where LE knows who did it but can't arrest anyone yet.
I'm not sure an arrest will ever happen, largely because I don't think Kryon will ever be found :(

I'm not sure an arrest will ever happen, largely because I don't think Kryon will ever be found :(

You may be right. He may never be found. That area is a great place to dump a body....especially a small child's body. And Terri knew that.

But I still keep hoping that someone will find him one day.

Last edited:
Kyron Richard Horman, disappeared from Skyline Elementary School in Portland, Oregon, on June 4, 2010, after attending a science fair. He is still missing, and there’s no new information. So sad.

Attachments

• 04E81154-C82C-46B0-9AF0-6ADC1A483357.jpeg
    04E81154-C82C-46B0-9AF0-6ADC1A483357.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 4
The Wiki entry is an interesting read. Disappearance of Kyron Horman - Wikipedia One can't help being suspicious of step-mother Terri Horman (nee Moulton). Regarding her 2016 interview with Dr Phil, she stated "I was advised from the beginning by law enforcement, by my husband at the time, by attorneys in the beginning, not to say anything. I've always wanted to. I've asked multiple times to speak out and have not been allowed." That last part about not being allowed irks me. She was only "advised" not to speak, not banned. I'm curious to know if any WS member is a member of the Find Kyron Horman FB group and what may have come up. And there are several good quality videos on Youtube about Kyron. I'm amazed that there hasn't been a breakthrough yet.

Last edited:
IMO All missing and murdered are sad. However, children's deaths tug on the heart. This case has always bothered me. So many details and circumstantial events but no released solid evidence. You never know it might get solved. I love the fact that he was a little science boy. Children can be so trusting.

The strangest thing; when I posted my above comment, Danimarie10's post was the ONLY post in the thread and I thought they had started the thread, hence my comment. It wasn't until I got notified that DrQ had commented in the thread that I saw the WHOLE thread appear. I should have known that such a story wouldn't have gone unnoticed for so long. I've asked The Behavior Panel if they could analyse Terri in Dr Phil's recent interview of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake12