Kyron Horman's stepmother is a profile in contradictions....

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Read the story again. It was not her husband who was buying the boat. It was her husband's father. Why in the world would it be Terri's business how her father in law spends his money? That is what's so insulting. That she fully expected her in-laws to give all their money to this boy they were not even related to! That speaks volumes.

and

BBM
If the in-laws were against the adoption, that's their business. Their son loves J and has stated such! To be honest, I find it alarming and DISTASTEFUL that adoption is being talked about in such a pejorative manner. MOO MHO

The author of the article (Lynne Terry) is the same person that wrote the article about her interview with Terri's mother (CM) and reported what CM told her as fact.

Lynne Terry is also a member of the Terri's support page on Facebook.

She appears unbiased in the new article, but one must wonder what all she is leaving out, and or smoothing over.

what what???? Seriously?? I thought her em's to me were a little dismissive/insulting. Is that a fact? If so, can you please elaborate?

She also said on that facebook page that she is considering writing a book about it.

I had read that she was on that FB but I wonder if that mean she supports Terri or that she's trying to get stuff for her cough cough 'book', I mean article.

How Fun!! And Terri's name is Terri Lynn. What are the odds?

( ;) )

and [/B]
BBM
If the in-laws were against the adoption, that's their business. Their son loves J and has stated such! To be honest, I find it alarming and DISTASTEFUL that adoption is being talked about in such a pejorative manner. MOO MHO

I was *adopted* in precisely this same way and it IS NOT the same as a traditional adoption. One of the parents is your bio, the other is not. When my bio mother and my adoptive father divorced, I had not contact with the adoptive father (which was fine with me) and continued minimal contact with my bio father. I'm sure an adoptive *step* can form a parent/child bond with a bio child of his/her spouse, but it's not likely to last beyond the marriage -- for better or for worse. The kid has two bio parents and blood is thicker than water. Right or wrong.

The author of the article (Lynne Terry) is the same person that wrote the article about her interview with Terri's mother (CM) and reported what CM told her as fact.

Lynne Terry is also a member of the Terri's support page on Facebook.

She appears unbiased in the new article, but one must wonder what all she is leaving out, and or smoothing over.

Shane Dixon Kavanaugh, Bryan Denson and Lynne Palombo of The Oregonian staff contributed to this story.

Do you think all four of these people are leaving things out or smoothing them over?

I had read that she was on that FB but I wonder if that mean she supports Terri or that she's trying to get stuff for her cough cough 'book', I mean article.

I've seen reporters on several different Facebooks. I imagine they're trying to get info wherever they can.

I missed the autism reference. I just checked the Oregonian piece and didn't see it. Could you tell me which article it's in please?

Thanks!

Repeating this BeanE post--

Help please readers...links or clues to where the articles being discussed can be found?

Thanks.

Shane Dixon Kavanaugh, Bryan Denson and Lynne Palombo of The Oregonian staff contributed to this story.

Do you think all four of these people are leaving things out or smoothing them over?

Ahhhh!!!!!!!! Maybe that's why that stupid article that followed that said how it took several people to get that profile together! Because she got so much feedback about maybe she is biased???

ETA link to story: http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/quick_take_terri_moulton_horma.html

According to the article, terri had at least some part of the $250k settlement when she met kaine, as well as $550/mth which served as income for her, along with for a time some unemployment. was that all "theirs" I wonder.

No, according to the article, the $250k came from the restaurant she had with her FIRST husband. Whatever money she may have put in her pocket from that was no doubt long gone well before she met Kaine. Why else did her folks help her and hubby #2 buy a house? Why else did hubby #2's folks pay for her college? No, she was no doubt flat broke when she met Kaine.

Plus, do we really consider child support as "income?" That is supposed to support the child. I don't think you count that as income on tax returns, do you?

Read the story again. It was not her husband who was buying the boat. It was her husband's father. Why in the world would it be Terri's business how her father in law spends his money? That is what's so insulting. That she fully expected her in-laws to give all their money to this boy they were not even related to! That speaks volumes.

There would be big trouble at my house if my son in law said anything like that to me, and I am fairly easygoing when it comes to finances and personal business.

Now, if my very own child said it, they'd likely be swatted on the butt with my flip flop or a wooden spoon, just like they got in thier youths when they were a bit too passive aggressive in their communication with me.

I love sarcasm, and think of it as an art, but even I don't go everywhere....somethings are just wrong IMO...

Repeating this BeanE post--

Help please readers...links or clues to where the articles being discussed can be found?

Thanks.

I thought I posted this already...sorry :)

from the author:

The article does not mention anything about ADD/ADHD but rather Terri Horman suggested after Kyron went missing that he might have a form of autism, according to Kaine Horman and Desiree Young.

On the Facebook page, I follow a lot of blogs covering a range of views.

Lynne Terry
The Oregonian

http://connect.oregonlive.com/user/lterry/index.html

No, according to the article, the $250k came from the restaurant she had with her FIRST husband. Whatever money she may have put in her pocket from that was no doubt long gone well before she met Kaine. Why else did her folks help her and hubby #2 buy a house? Why else did hubby #2's folks pay for her college? No, she was no doubt flat broke when she met Kaine.

Plus, do we really consider child support as "income?" That is supposed to support the child. I don't think you count that as income on tax returns, do you?

FYIA: Hubby's #2 folks DID NOT pay for her college. The hubby did. Richard did. RICHARD, her second husband.

I couldn't agree more! He is talking about overspending - that's obvious to me. And he feels resentful now, but that doesn't mean he was always resentful before this - he sure paid for alot of cell phones apparently. :angel:

I wonder if he hasn't just discovered credit card bills he never knew existed before Terri moved away. She was home to collect the mail and probably paid all the bills. He could be in deep debt and never knew until now.

Please - it was clarified up above in comments that it was Terri's HUSBAND who paid for her college. She had been in an accident, was suffering from a pinched nerve and migraines...going to school was better then laying around groaning in pain. moo

As far as Chuby's goes - her parent's helped the two with the franchise (1st husband and Terri). They were also involved with the lawsuit. How do you know that Terri didn't leave her part of the money with parents? Not a single one of us know for sure. moo mho

I wonder if Lynne Terry colored her black after all this talk about redheads. LOL

MONEY!!! Maybe she did in fact plan on suing the school as she already had one nice lawsuit under her belt.

Or maybe distraught Kaine would be found dead one day.

She also had that car accident that left her with migraines for a year. I bet she got a settlement out of that.

I work for insurance defense attorneys. I cannot tell you how fast migraines go away when there is a big check presented.

She also had that car accident that left her with migraines for a year. I bet she got a settlement out of that.

I work for insurance defense attorneys. I cannot tell you how fast migraines go away when there is a big check presented.

I bet her schooling was covered by that settlement or the money went towards it. I bet Richard is talking about he paid the bills and rent while she went to school. Not the actual school costs, tuition, books, etc.

:truce:

Is it possible Terri was on disability from her accident rather than unemployment? That makes more sense to me. moo

No. There was a lawsuit filed for this in 2000. It settled 6 months later, according to OJIN. She taught school well after that. You can't work and be on disability at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LostInMaine