Kyron Horman's stepmother is a profile in contradictions....

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have commented on the week long visit. School is not over and it is either final's week or right before finals. He is in high school and supposedly was not doing well in school earlier.

Very strange to me

The Oregonian article also said Carol told the reporter that J was camping with Boy Scouts. It seems strange to me that a Boy Scout troop would go to the trouble of setting up camp for just one night.

I do not think J is involved in this in any way, but I do find the whole camping story and week-long preplanned visit during the school year questionable. I would love to have someone who is in the know clarify this.

Do we know for sure on what date J's.. school got out for the summer? School Districts are all so different. Here some started two weeks ago some start this week. Some get out the first week in May others mid May.

In MA we never started school until after labor day. Now school starts around the 30th of August and gets out mid June instead of 3rd week of June. It is all so different depending on the district.

Do we know for sure on what date J's.. school got out for the summer? School Districts are all so different. Here some started two weeks ago some start this week. Some get out the first week in May others mid May.

In MA we never started school until after labor day. Now school starts around the 30th of August and gets out mid June instead of 3rd week of June. It is all so different depending on the district.

With great trepidation, people have posted this information a few times and then spent a few days contemplating their bellybuttons for their efforts. But since you've asked outright now, they were having make up classes well into the third week of June for his high school. The last day of class for SENIORS (he is not a senior) was June 3. The next Friday after Kyron disappeared, J's school was still open, though it was a PIR day (no students there). School, therefore, was not yet out.

OK so because this article came out yet again talking about boyscout camp, it is fair to say that he was still in school. :)

A thought just occurred to me.

In the article linked in the OP, KH was quoted as stating that TH "spent money like water".

It strikes me as odd that on the one hand he seemed to be aware of her spending habits and then, on the other hand, previously claimed to have had no knowledge that she had hired (i.e. spent money on) a landscaper.

IMO, if a husband is insisting that his wife is spending money like water, I'm assuming he also has detailed knowledge of what she's spending *his*or *their* money on (knowledge on which to base his claims). I'm assuming he has kept close track of household expenditures, in order to support the accusation that his wife has been overspending.

Why does it seem that KH selectively remembers what he *knows* and what he doesn't know, in terms of what it seems he wants the public to be informed about regarding his estranged wife?

Furthermore, I'm also curious that he would even be inclined to release info to the public (via the media) about his estranged wife's spending (since, IMO, it has no bearing on Kyron's disappearance).

MOO

My colander is ready to catch the flying tomatoes. Chicken cacciatore sounds good for dinner tonight.

A thought just occurred to me.

In the article linked in the OP, KH was quoted as stating that TH "spent money like water".

It strikes me as odd that on the one hand he seemed to be aware of her spending habits and then, on the other hand, previously claimed to have had no knowledge that she had hired (i.e. spent money on) a landscaper.

IMO, if a husband is insisting that his wife is spending money like water, I'm assuming he also has detailed knowledge of what she's spending *his*or *their* money on (knowledge on which to base his claims). I'm assuming he has kept close track of household expenditures, in order to support the accusation that his wife has been overspending.

Why does it seem that KH selectively remembers what he *knows* and what he doesn't know, in terms of what it seems he wants the public to be informed about regarding his estranged wife?

Furthermore, I'm also curious that he would even be inclined to release info to the public (via the media) about his estranged wife's spending (since, IMO, it has no bearing on Kyron's disappearance).

MOO

My colander is ready to catch the flying tomatoes. Chicken cacciatore sounds good for dinner tonight.

I pay the bills at our house. My husband has no idea where the money goes. Some months when there have been extra expenses, I will tell him we are low on money, don't spend anything until payday.

It might have been a similar situation at the Hormans. He knows what he makes, and he knows what he spent, and he knows what is left at the end of the month. The rest he has to assume.

It is also possible Terri was racking up large credit card bills he only became aware of after she was no longer home to collect the mail each day.

I pay the bills at our house. My husband has no idea where the money goes. Some months when there have been extra expenses, I will tell him we are low on money, don't spend anything until payday.

It might have been a similar situation at the Hormans. He knows what he makes, and he knows what he spent, and he knows what is left at the end of the month. The rest he has to assume.

It is also possible Terri was racking up large credit card bills he only became aware of after she was no longer home to collect the mail each day.

His response wasn't formed in the manner of an "after the fact knowledge of heavy credit card bills." The question was whether he was controlling with his money, and he stated that yes, he was, because she was spending it like water. That's a pre-separation statement.

If he's controlling with money, how is she able to spend money like water?

I think he gave Terri a lot, just like we have seen she got with her ex husband and it seems like she got all kinds of money with her first husband as well, but maybe not as much from him as her parents.

Didn't Kaine take her to Hawaii to marry her? Didn't he buy her the red sports car and give her custom plates. Is competing in bodybuilding contests expensive? Who paid for that hobby?

Seems like Terri was well provided for by Kaine and was not living a life of financial deprivation.

BeanE he was scheduled to go there on the Saturday for a prearranged visit according to Tarver. I dont think it was cause of Kyron going missing that he went there or not according to how Tarver put it anyhow.

Thanks. I'd forgotten that. My point though, was that he was not there Friday, no matter why he went there Saturday. Thanks, FTK.

I would find it very hard to believe that a man who purchases a house (that his fiance picked out) and who also kept that house in his name even after he & TH were married, to suddenly take a hands-off approach to the household finances after they were married, so much so that he turned a blind eye or was unaware of what his wife was spending money on until he looked at the bank statements at the end of the month.

IMO, KH kept the house in his name to protect his financial interests (as he saw fit). It's logical to assume that he also took an active interest in the daily household finances (i.e. where his paycheck was going) rather than waiting until he was in the red. KH strikes me as more of a pro-active guy than a reactive guy (when it comes to money, that is).

Trouble hit home again when Kyron disappeared. The day after Kyron vanished, Tarver says, J went to the Hormans’ house for a previously planned weeklong visit.

Tarver says on June 8, four days after Kyron disappeared, J called him from the Hormans’ house and mentioned Terri Moulton Horman had taken a polygraph test. It’s been reported that she has since taken a second polygraph. What hasn’t been publicly confirmed until now is that authorities were already focusing on her so soon after Kyron vanished.

Tarver says when J mentioned the polygraph to him over the phone, he heard Terri Moulton Horman begin yelling in the background to be quiet and not reveal anything more. Given the intense media scrutiny, the family agreed J should return to Roseburg, Tarver says.

“It was a zoo, so we got him out of there,” Tarver says. “It’s just been devastating for the whole family. Obviously, the longer it drags on, the less chance there is for a happy ending.”

http://wweek.com/editorial/3634/14214/

I would find it very hard to believe that a man who purchases a house (that his fiance picked out) and who also kept that house in his name even after he & TH were married, to suddenly take a hands-off approach to the household finances after they were married, so much so that he turned a blind eye or was unaware of what his wife was spending money on until he looked at the bank statements at the end of the month.

IMO, KH kept the house in his name to protect his financial interests (as he saw fit). It's logical to assume that he also took an active interest in the daily household finances (i.e. where his paycheck was going) rather than waiting until he was in the red. KH strikes me as more of a pro-active guy than a reactive guy (when it comes to money, that is).

I read a lot of things in the paper here were people have gambled away everything the family owned and the spouse was unaware.

She could have had secret things that she was doing and he may not have seen it.

People steal money all of the time right under the noses of accountants and CEO's.

I'm more of the, "is that a new sweater?"

"O no, I bought that months ago."

Some men just don't understand that women's fashions change and why a perfectly good piece of clothing can't be worn. Although I am afraid I am getting there myself.

Roseburg Public School Calendar:

Jan 18 Martin Luther King, Jr Day - No School
Jan 22 Teacher Work Day - No School for Students
Feb 10 Early Release Day for Students - PM Staff Training
Feb 15 President’s Day - No School - Makeup Day if needed
Feb 26 Teacher Work Day - No School for Students
March 22-26 Spring Vacation
March 29 Classes Resume
April 2 Teacher Work Day - No School for Students
April 28 Early Release Day for Students - PM Staff Training
May 31 Memorial Day Holiday - No School
June 10 Last Day for Students
June 11 Last Day for Teachers

All ORANGE shaded days are student attendance days. (School schedule attached)

Attachments

• roseburgHSsched.JPG
    roseburgHSsched.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 4
Didn't Kaine take her to Hawaii to marry her? Didn't he buy her the red sports car and give her custom plates. Is competing in bodybuilding contests expensive? Who paid for that hobby?

Seems like Terri was well provided for by Kaine and was not living a life of financial deprivation.

I'm also wondering how she paid for graduate school.

"She stopped teaching and subbing so she could be with Kyron during his preschool and toddler years," said Jaymie Finster, a friend from junior high school who worked with Terri in the school district.

But Terri did hit the books. In about 2004, she earned a master's in education from Pacific University in Forest Grove.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html

Anyone have anything more specific about when she attended grad school and obtained her master's degree? TIA

IIRC there was a child endangerment charge along with the DUI because J was in the car with her. DUI is a huge mistake ... having a child in the car is a bigger deal, especially if you want to be employed as a teacher.

welcome2-2.png

I'm also wondering how she paid for graduate school.

"She stopped teaching and subbing so she could be with Kyron during his preschool and toddler years," said Jaymie Finster, a friend from junior high school who worked with Terri in the school district.

But Terri did hit the books. In about 2004, she earned a master's in education from Pacific University in Forest Grove.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html

Anyone have anything more specific about when she attended grad school and obtained her master's degree? TIA

Terri had a car accident leaving her with a pinched nerve and severe migraines - she was married to Eckert. Maybe she paid for her Master's with money from the law suit. moo

Pretty sure the body building was before Kaine and Terri married - maybe she used money from her car accident, or had some of her own. Kaine surely would have told us if he paid for it. moo As far as the marriage in Hawaii and the car - sounds to me like Kaine loved the woman he was with and gave her gifts as so many men in love do. moo mho

Hmm...i wonder if Terri has paid maintenance for J to Tarver for the past 6 months? After all she is the boys mother and if the man who adopted him pays..then surely SHE should also?

I assume as with most family laws, statutes, etc that they vary from state to state. So, I can only say how it is here[just for point of reference I'm 2,320 miles away from Portland, OR :)]...

So, this is what I know in the past 12 months(so this is current) a mother who has had primary custody of her two school aged children with the father having visitation rights and also paying a good chunk of money monthly to her each month for both children's support. The woman that had been babysitting these 2 children for the past 9 yrs(where after about the first 3 of those 9 yrs) The kids spent the night the majority of the time at the babysitters, so by the 9th year of this the woman who was "babysitting" them[tho the reality was she had been raising them absolutely full time for 5 solid years, yes the "mother" saw them several times a week as she'd come over after work and eat dinner there at the "babysitter's" house(of course babysitter providing the dinner)and then go home and the kids just stayed with "babysitter", as I said this was just completely "normal" for these 2 kids as they'd been living there full time for 5 yrs. All the while the "mother" continued receiving the child support check, the "mother" continued claiming the children every year on HER taxes, and the "mother" had quit paying "babysitting" bill many, many moons ago!

This outraged me! As I personally know very well this wonderful, caring woman who was the " babysitter", who in reality was the only "mother" these kids knew, they naturally over the years even began calling her "mama" and the bio-mom by her first name. This was at no prodding from anyone, the kids were in middle school by this point so they knew full well what was up and exactly who cared for them, met their needs, helped with homework, took them to dr appts, and went to parent meetings at school for them both..

Well, the dad got sick of paying these huge chunks of money to bio-mom who did not spend a dime on her children in any way at all. So, he took her back to court and subpoenaed the "babysitter" to prove that the children were not and had not been living with mom for many years.. He was furious when it all came out just how long these children had actually been living at "babysitters" and was not only gonna have these huge monthly support payments stopped but he wanted back pay of all the money he'd paid bio-mom when children lived full time with someone else..

WELL, EVERYONE who was involved in the whole court proceedings were absolutely shocked after the judge made his final ruling. The "babysitter" was awarded primary custody, with visitation to either bio-parent totally and completely at her discretion. Yes, the judge did stop the large checks that were going to bio-mom and yes he did award back pay to be paid from bio-mom for all of the years of payments when she did not even have the children living with her. But much to dads surprise that back pay was not awarded to him, nope, bio-mom had to immediately begin back pay of the moneys she received from the dad, she had to pay them to the "babysitter", along with also immediately begin paying a monthly child support for each child to the "babysitter". Dad didn't get to stop paying a monthly child support either, rather the only change would be that his check for support would immediately begin going to "babysitter"..

"babysitter" was in shock for a couple of months over this, it was never even her intention to try to get money out of them, certainly not back pay from the past 5 yrs. The only thing that woman had asked for was to be able to claim the kids every other year on taxes[AND YES SHE WAS AWARDED THIS TOO BY THE JUDGE] and for mom or dad to provide insurance for the kids.They had not done either, but when it finally went before a judge(and remember it still wasnt because she was taking them to court, rather it was selfish daddy subponeaing this woman so that he could get outta paying his ex all of that money)...

Thank God for the laws allowing for this here where we live. This woman more than deserved all of this and more. So, my point is here where I live yes, Terri would be having to pay a support for her child living with his dad. And she sure would not be able to continue receiving support for a child that she is not even raising and furthermore Kaine, too would be eligible to receiving a monthly support from Terri for baby K since he is providing primary custodial residence and parenting. It is only right that Terri be made to pay towards the support of her children..

I mean come on, if this were the other way around and a man, a dad were in Terri's exact position ppl would be raising he!! that the support payments had not begun yet.

So, I know if this were all taking place here in Tennessee then the above that I just stated would infact be the case and Terri would have already been in the process of having to provide support and if it was her same ol excuse of can't find a job, nobody will hire me, well, the courts take care of that, too. You've got a limited amount of time for you To get that butt in gear and get yourself hired SOMEWHERE that provides income so that an appropriate amount be determined and it can be distributed as child support to each of her children.. If ya don't the contempt charges will ensue and around here you DO go to jail for failing to comply with child support and family court rulings...

I can only pray that the system works atleast similar to this up there in Portland , as I feel man or woman no matter, when you have children you must be accountable for providing for them in some way. These children atleast deserve monetary support since she feels for whatever reason she can no longer physically and emotionally
provide support.(IMO she very well could and would have supervised visitation with baby K, no doubt in my mind. She is not choosing to do this so at the very least she should be contributing to them with monetary support)

And I KNOW FOR CERTAIN SHE SHOULD NOT BE RECEIVING ONE, RED CENT OF CHILD SUPPORT FOR A SON THAT HAS NOT LIVED WITH HER SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THIS YEAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member