Kyron Seen Near Truck? Could This Be New Info?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Kaine: ...and then there are the facts. And the facts...

Reporter: (interrupts) How do you feel about it?

Dang it, I wish the reporter hadn't interrupted him!!

Yes JBean I was about to post this observation myself but thankfully I thought it best to finish reading thru the thread...

Since the first video interview of Desiree[am not sure when her actual 1st was but the first one that comes to my mind is the national morning news media blitz that she and Kaine did on June 25th, she was wearing a lime green sweater]but from this 1st interview[that I recall] I noted that Desiree's facial expressions and demeanors were "noticable", atleast to me they were/are. She does infact continually turn the entire lower portion of her face, from
her nose down in a complete downward manner, turning her lips and mouth into a perfect "frown". This I have also noticed in every other video of her since..

She also does continually keep looking at Kaine throughout all videos, even when she is speaking sometimes she is still looking peripherally at him.
This too I have noted consistently.

Someone upthread[I believe it was "eyes"]that mentioned that it probably would make a difference and possibly would be best if she did NOT[For the most part]continue to always be video interviewed with Kaine. I too agree with this and tho I believe she is very much trying to put her feelings from the past about Kaine, to put them aside and for Kyrons sake keep the focus on him where it needs to be. However, our minds and bodies do not always agree and willingly participate with what we are logically and consciously choosing to do[i.e. put the hurt, anger , and any other negative feelings she may have for Kaine aside]
Thereby subconsciously thru ways such as the need to constantly somewhat "keep an eye on Kaine".Tho I feel she is not "consciously" choosing to do this...

On the other hand the "frown" that Desiree seems to make frequently when talking I believe this is just a mannerism of hers. Because when seeing her interviewed side by side with Tony the "eyes" and peripherally looking to the side are NOT there but the "frown" however is still a constant..
IMO this could possibly only be a mannerism that appears when talking of something sad, negative, hurtful, etc. But since we do not have any video of Desiree where she has NOT been sad, upset, angry, and hurt[by living this nightmare]we cannot know for sure. I believe its quite possible that when she is "upbeat", happy, and speaking of positive things that her facial mannerisms and demeanors could be quite different...

So with all of that said its IMO that her eye movements nor the other facial mannerisms discussed above are indicative to anything other than possible feelings that she has for Kaine and in no way do I think it is indicative of her belief or feelings about what she is discussing at the time the eye movements and facial mannerisms occur..

Thats MY opinion on that...

I think she does the mouth downturn when she's contemplating something. The facial equivalent of saying, "hmmmm...."

I also think she looks at Kaine because there is a lot they know that they're not supposed to tell, they have been briefed, and Kaine has the more logical and less emotional head on his shoulders - so when they're asked certain questions, "do you think this is significant?" or "can you tell us about the emails?" Desiree starts to answer while doing a quick check-in to sort of bring Kaine's agreement into the answer.

Sometimes she looks over when she says they can't answer something because they've been asked not to, or when someone asks a question that clearly has seen some extensive conversation between the two of them. To me it looks like she's (unspokenly) saying, "right??" to him, as if looking for support/agreement that this is the official family stance.

I notice she does it less when she begins a sentence with, "I can't speak for LE, but **I** believe..."

I just think Kaine is the de facto "leader" of the family's side of the investigation and it's important to all of them to walk that fine line between keeping info in the public's eye but not reveal more than they should.

IMHO, Desiree believes Kyron's alive because Terri is involved. For some reason, she believes there was a motivation to abduct Kyron and keep him safe as opposed to killing him; however, if you believe Terri is involved, she's obviously no longer calling the shots, IMHO. If there was an accomplice who agreed to abduct Kyron and either keep him hidden for some inexplicable reason or hand him off to someone else, he's the one in charge now, or the third person removed is in charge.

The coverage of this case is far reaching. If someone has Kyron, they're probably watching the news, they're aware of the case, the search, the challenges of returning a verbal, reasoning child to an environment in which he could give an account of his abduction and of his abductors.

My point is that even if Terri is responsible, she's not calling the shots now, and even if Terri didn't intend for Kyron to come to harm, there's no way for her to know her accomplice hasn't harmed him, and there's no way for Desiree to know that, either. If Terri is involved, it doesn't matter her intent or lack of intent, what matters is the intent of the person or persons who have Kyron. And, really, unless Kyron is with members of a network involved in disappearing children from abusive environments (highly unlikely, IMHO), then Kyron is in an unbelievable amount of danger. Desperation and fear makes people do crazy things. With that in mind, even if Terri's accomplices didn't initially intend to harm Kyron, they may do so out of desperation and fear of being caught. Time is of the essence.

If Desiree and Kaine are convinced Terri had help, and IMHO they're convinced she had help because 1.) it's the only scenario in which Kyron can be alive, and 2.) something about Terri's alibi prevents her from being able to pull this off alone (e.g. timing, etc.), and if LE is looking for an accomplice, where is the composite sketch? If there are multiple witnesses who saw Kyron and are sure it's him and/or if there are credible witnesses, credible enough for LE to release a questionnaire, stating an adult was in/around the Horman truck that morning, then where is the composite sketch? If there's an accomplice, and even the slightest chance that Kyron is being held against his will somewhere, then who cares about the reason or Terri or trying to get her to talk; release the composite and find the man with whom she allegedly colluded, then deal with her and her accomplice after Kyron is brought home.

I absolutely, positively do not understand the reluctance or unwillingness of LE to release a composite of this person if there are multiple witnesses stating he/she was there that morning. LE has released images of Terri, Dede, and the truck. Why not mystery person? FWIW, I don't think mystery person is Dede, either. What's the freaking hold up?

BBM

cypress, the parts of your comment that I've bolded...I've asked myself the same questions a gazillion times- why and the heck would LE keep that information close to their vest. Kyron's life could depend on it. moo

Not directed at you cypress - as for Desiree and Kaine, I think they need to start appearing on their own. Make appearances as mom and dad rather than investigators. Desiree is convinced that Terri is the one who kidnapped Kyron and with the help of accomplices stashed him. Everything she thinks and verbalizes (her theory) has that as its foundation. What if part of it or all of the theory is wrong? moo mho

White truck transciption

Kaine Horman & Desiree Young 8/27 pt.2
Video: http://www.kgw.com/news/kyron-horma...-kyron-horman-missing-portland-101688128.html

-2:50

Chit chat from reporter in the beginning not included. Only what's needed from her for context.

Reporter: Potentially one person in the truck... three people... the white truck, Terri's truck... can you talk...

Desiree: (interrupts) Kaine's truck (laughs)

Reporter: a little bit about that...

Reporter: Kaine's truck. I'm sorry... What are your thoughts on that new information? Do you feel as though Dede was in that truck?

Desiree: (interrupts) It just makes me feel stronger that, that there were people helping her... that Kyron saw it all and was involved and that there were other people helping her... which is what we suspected.

Reporter: So because... but do you believe that a man was spotted? I mean again, these are witness accounts, and I don't know how much information that you've been privy to about what the, what is the likeliest scenario?

Desiree: Well first of all, why would Kyron even be outside the school? Why would he even be near a truck with somebody else in it?

You know. I mean it's significant in a huge way to the case. If the timeline played out the way that it supposedly did? That contradicts that completely.

So I mean, other than that (shrugs), that's how significant it was to me.

Reporter: How authentic do you think that witness is? I mean how...

Desiree: (interrupts, shifts eyes to side) Very authentic.

Reporter: So it's a credible...

Desiree: (interrupts, shifts eyes to side and down) Yep.

Reporter: ...witness.

Reporter: And what exactly are they claiming that they saw?

Kaine: (audibly sighs/intakes breath, clears throat)

Kaine: Well I think, Sarah, I think to be more direct about it... I think that law enforcement needs to determine that still.

Desiree: Yeah, that part.

Kaine: We've been briefed on a lot of the information and the tips and the things that they're looking into, and that was part of that bucket of tips that they're...

Desiree: (interrupts) Yeah.

Kaine: ...that they're working their way through. Until they confirm and until they bring some of that information forward to the greater public, they're still looking into it, so I think us commenting on that is a little bit premature.

There's how we feel about it...

Kaine: How do I feel about it? I feel it's definitely significant. I don't know how credible the sources are. I'm hoping that they are because it helps us bring more of those pieces that we talked about before, the puzzle, in to paint the bigger picture, but until they're confirmed, I'm not going to maintain a sense of false hope that they're valid, until they're actually valid, until I see them and get from law enforcement that yep, this is verified, this is air tight, this is another piece that we found, and then I will believe it.

Desiree: Yeah.

Thanks so much for all that you do for us sleuthers - you are terrific! :hug: :grouphug:

Hi, Since the reporter said it was a man I think it might be what the case hinges on now. That's new. So my 'hunch' is it was either a male member of the family or the LS. IMO only I wonder if it is someone who met her at the school OR that she picked up on the way to the school ??? That has to be either, or the case, right?

See you tomoz. xox

I think she said it because she was irritated at the reporter who didn't know her facts and was ill prepared. She said it with sarcasm IMO.

I sensed the sarcasm as well, and your offer that it was directed to the reporter makes some sense. Initially, I felt she was being sarcastic because she wanted to make sure that everyone knew that the truck was in Kaines name, and Teri didn't have a pot to 'you know what' in.

Hi, Since the reporter said it was a man I think it might be what the case hinges on now. That's new. So my 'hunch' is it was either a male member of the family or the LS. IMO only I wonder if it is someone who met her at the school OR that she picked up on the way to the school ??? That has to be either, or the case, right?

See you tomoz. xox

Hi scandi! How and the heck would a reporter know anything? TIA

So you're saying that Desiree has a "catty" side to her??
Well, bless her heart!! :dance:

I think most of us *can* have a catty side to us. I've seen nothing of Desiree to think she's a saint.

Although I do believe she has an unbelievable reserve of strength from somewhere. Perhaps love and hope can give that to us?

I think it was DY taking a (well deserved, imo) jab at TH as to say "It's Kaine's truck. It's Kaine's house. It's Kaine's daughter. You, TH, have NOTHING!"

Yeah, I didn't even have to think about it. I understood (in my own mind anyway) what she was saying, and how it would effect the other person.

Not everyone got that though, so I could definitely be reading it incorrectly.

Dang it, I wish the reporter hadn't interrupted him!!

I KNOW!! What the hell was that? I bet she got reamed for that one!

I think they thought this would be a softball interview, so put out one of their less experienced (or at least less agressive) people, and when given the perfect lead in, she reverts back to "interview 101"

"So Mrs. Kennedy, how did you enjoy the parade?"

Personally, I was extremely disappointed in the interviewer. I thought she seemed very unprofessional...very unprepared.

I understand that the interviews were spur of the moment once they cancelled the press conference, but a reputable news service should have done better than this.

Reporter: So because... but do you believe that a man was spotted?

Desiree: Well first of all, why would Kyron even be outside the school? Why would he even be near a truck with somebody else in it?

You know. I mean it's significant in a huge way to the case. If the timeline played out the way that it supposedly did? That contradicts that completely.

So I mean, other than that (shrugs), that's how significant it was to me.

Reporter: How authentic do you think that witness is? I mean how...

Desiree: (interrupts, shifts eyes to side) Very authentic.

Reporter: So it's a credible...

Desiree: (interrupts, shifts eyes to side and down) Yep.

Reporter: ...witness.

Reporter: And what exactly are they claiming that they saw?

Kaine: (audibly sighs/intakes breath, clears throat)

Kaine: Well I think, Sarah, I think to be more direct about it... I think that law enforcement needs to determine that still.

Desiree: Yeah, that part.

Kaine: We've been briefed on a lot of the information and the tips and the things that they're looking into, and that was part of that bucket of tips that they're...

Kaine: ...that they're working their way through. Until they confirm and until they bring some of that information forward to the greater public, they're still looking into it, so I think us commenting on that is a little bit premature.

There's how we feel about it...

Kaine: How do I feel about it? I feel it's definitely significant. I don't know how credible the sources are. I'm hoping that they are because it helps us bring more of those pieces that we talked about before, the puzzle, in to paint the bigger picture, but until they're confirmed, I'm not going to maintain a sense of false hope that they're valid, until they're actually valid, until I see them and get from law enforcement that yep, this is verified, this is air tight, this is another piece that we found, and then I will believe it.

Desiree: Yeah.

clipped just to narrow down to the parts I want to comment on.

First, contrasting Desiree's and Kaine's comments is interesting. It is clear, at least to me, that Desiree is more invested into believing that the tip is credible and significant than Kaine is. She is encouraging the reporter with her beliefs and Kaine is cautioning the reporter---"we were shown 'information', 'tips' and 'things they are looking into' and he does not present this tip as something that has been verified. He doesn't know if the witness is credible and Desiree believes the witness IS credible, very authentic.

I don't read anything sinister into their different approaches, just that Desiree is so eager to believe and Kaine has a much more analytical way of approaching this----how he feels doesn't color what he knows......"There is how we feel, and then there are the facts."

And what a STUPID STUPID STUPID reporter! Kaine says "and the facts" and the dingbat reporter INTERRUPTS HIM and asks him "how do you feel?" I wish we knew what Kaine was going to say about the facts, but thanks to a reporter who was more interested in his pre-determined agenda than learning anything new, we don't know!

Finally, on topic, I don't feel as though Desiree "slipped" when she made her comment about Kyron being outside of the school. I think she is hoping, hoping, wishing and praying that he WAS seen outside of school, that others were involved and that her son is being safely held somewhere by someone. I base my opinion on this by the way I interpret Kaine's comments to be more cautionary and more open about the fact that this could be "information" or just a "tip" or simply "something they are looking into." It is unconfirmed, that's what I interpret him as saying.

When i watched this interview i got the feeling that KH & DY seem to know a fair bit about what is going on with this case, and were trying to be careful to not let too much slip when discussing same. KH seemed certain Kyron was going to be starting the 3rd. Grade? Just keeping positive i suppose. To me Desiree looked as if she was trying not to cry, and keep her demeanour while talking with the reporter, i feel that is why her facial movements were as they appeared. Nothing unusual in them to me.

See you tomoz. xox
Did the LS or the GK ever meet Kyron or ever talk to him?

There is no evidence we've been made aware of to indicate that Kyron was taken by a stranger. No sightings of such a person, no composite drawing, LE has not said anything about this. And Kyron's parents do not think it was a stranger abduction.

Sadly, I think these tips of random sightings will not lead to Kyron. I believe (and I believe this strongly) that Kyron is deceased and has been since 6/4. I don't want that to be true, but my 'gut' is telling me that's the outcome.

There is no evidence we've been made aware of to indicate that Kyron was taken by a stranger. No sightings of such a person, no composite drawing, LE has not said anything about this. And Kyron's parents do not think it was a stranger abduction.

Sadly, I think these tips of random sightings will not lead to Kyron. I believe (and I believe this strongly) that Kyron is deceased and has been since 6/4. I don't want that to be true, but my 'gut' is telling me that's the outcome.

Maybe it wasn't a stranger?

IMHO, if Terri is innocent, then Kyron was taken by someone familiar to and with the school. A stranger abduction is possible, and I know SOs thrive on risk, but abducting a child from a school is risky. Skyline's layout nearly doubles that risk, IMHO.

I believe strongly that if Terri is innocent, the answer to who did this will be painfully obvious in retrospect.

I just need to say: STEADFAST and this thread team, you guys are brilliant.

In her interview with KGW http://www.kgw.com/news/kyron-horma...-kyron-horman-missing-portland-101688128.html , Desree says ( at -1:54)

First of all, why would Kyron even be outside the school? Why would he even be near a truck with someone else in it?

Do you think this was a slip of the tongue and she was revealing information that has not been made public, or do you think this statement is not significant?

Wow STEADFAST awesome. Do you (or other posters) know if the media has picked up (YET!) on this possible innocent tongue slip? This opinion on a possible version of events. The first part of this thread belongs in the thread hall of fame.

IMHO

Also out of the picture for 24-ish hrs. I always am in anticipation of Kyron being found on a weekend.
Stay out there Portlanders, hike around, enjoy the Fall turn, winter is nigh.

I skimmed from excitement. So three people by the truck...+ or - Kyron? + or - TH?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy
Back