Kyron's doctors appointment

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the old "source" again, but it sounds as if that appointment was discussed the day before.
"Prior to his June 4 disappearance, Kyron Horman’s stepmother, Terri Horman, informed his teacher he had a doctor’s appointment on Friday, the sources said, and it was why there was no expectation Kyron would be in class after the science fair. Once class began at 10 a.m., his teacher marked him absent."

http://www.katu.com/news/local/98981009.html

I'd really like to know who the 'source' is; her friend gave the interview some time ago stating pretty much that same thing.

The comment was a rumor, but now KATU is reporting TH did inform his teacher of an appt.:

"Prior to his June 4 disappearance, Kyron Horman’s stepmother, Terri Horman, informed his teacher he had a doctor’s appointment on Friday, the sources said, and it was why there was no expectation Kyron would be in class after the science fair. Once class began at 10 a.m., his teacher marked him absent."

I also believe the rumor that circulated earlier dealt with paperwork that Terri was reminding Kyron's teacher they needed for the appointment.

This KATU article states that there was an expectation that Kyron was not going to be at school after the science fair exhibition time.

I'd really like to know who the 'source' is; her friend gave the interview some time ago stating pretty much that same thing.

the friend said that the teacher was in her first year of teaching (not true!) and that she was hard of hearing. The friend said that the appt was for the following Friday, not June 4.

That is a very different report than the one tonight.

So....
1) Skyline did not expect Kyron in class after the Science Fair.
2) TH informed the school Kyron had an appt. on Fri (after Kyron's disappearance TH reported the appt. was for the 11th).
3) Kaine was not aware of an appt. (is this correct?)
4) Desiree was under the impression TH was going to stay for the entire science fair (10 am), but instead TH left at 8:45.
5) TH wanted to use the truck in order to pick up Kyron's project, but never did pick it up that day.

Why wouldn't she pick up Kyron and his project from school in the truck?

IMO, either TH did put this appointment out there to cause confusion and not expect Kyron to be there after the science fair -- or the school is using the appt. (for the 11th) as an excuse for why they weren't concerned that he did not return to class. Which is more likely given all we know (or do not know, for that matter)?

True.

I'd like to know who the sources are.

Wouldn't we all...

Do other people have the distinct feeling that these "sources" handout information at time when the investigation needs some more attention and perhaps pressure on TH? Frankly, I'm impressed with the way "stuff" has leaked at opportune times.

So....
2) TH informed the school Kyron had an appt. on Fri (after Kyron's disappearance TH reported the appt. was for the 11th).
4) Desiree was under the impression TH was going to stay for the entire science fair (10 am), but instead TH left at 8:45.
5) TH wanted to use the truck in order to pick up Kyron's project, but never did pick it up that day.

IMO, either TH did put this appointment out there to cause confusion and not expect Kyron to be there after the science fair -- or the school is using the appt. (for the 11th) as an excuse for why they weren't concerned that he did not return to class. Which is more likely given all we know (or do not know, for that matter)?

Excellent questions. Considering that it has been stated that TH has been "evasive" on the LDTs, perhaps this would be one of those areas in which there is some confusion.

As a teacher (secondary), I've questioned the presence of baby K in the classroom pics in which THi is helping the teacher and students. The baby is darling, but a 12-18 months old child can be a very busy and could very easily be a distraction for the students. I have no idea how frequently the baby came into the classroom with TH, but if it was often, there could have been tension between TH and the teacher.

Obviously the reports about TH's opinion--"of course, the teacher misunderstood TH"--seem to be somewhat disrespectful of the teacher. Lots to think about...MOO.

Assuming the sources are accurate, it STILL bugs me that, imo, this version seems inconsistent with the teacher supposedly telling the parent-helper that Kyron was probably in the bathroom or at the water fountain when the kids re-grouped for class after touring the fair. If the teacher thought he had a dr. appt., she would have just said *don't worry he's at a dr's appt.* The only explanation I can think of consistent with this version of the story is that the teacher momentarily forgot about the appt. and remembered a very short time later (like seconds or minutes) and marked him absent at 10:00.

Also, that the parent-helper noticed Kyron missing at the time of re-grouping, implies that Kyron WAS in the group at the start of the tour. If that's true, he would have had to just leave the group in the middle of the tour to go to the *appt.* without a word to the helper or her noticing. Seems highly unlikely to me.

Or, I can just discount TP's version entirely and all is right in my world. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Wouldn't we all...

Do other people have the distinct feeling that these "sources" handout information at time when the investigation needs some more attention and perhaps pressure on TH? Frankly, I'm impressed with the way "stuff" has leaked at opportune times.

That's exactly what it sounds like to me.
The way I see it, LE has little to none as far as information and evidence in this case. Why? Because Kyron is still missing and there's been no arrest.
I'm beginning to think this case is going colder each day.

I do think LE leaks out info, such as the approching presser, to make whoever the perp is feel antsy.
jmho

Reporters have been contacting people who post rumors and speculation on Facebooks...

:banghead: From what journalism ethics course do 'ya think they learned this?? :furious:

Reporters have been contacting people who post rumors and speculation on Facebooks...

Lovely.

IMO, there WAS an appointment. I just can't figure out if Terri used it to cause confusion regarding Kyron's presence that day. To do so would make NO sense, as it could easily be confirmed by LE and therefore point directly at her. I think Terri is naive and lacks good judgement, but I don't believe she's stupid.

Assuming the sources are accurate, it STILL bugs me that, imo, this version seems inconsistent with the teacher supposedly telling the parent-helper that Kyron was probably in the bathroom or at the water fountain when the kids re-grouped for class after touring the fair. If the teacher thought he had a dr. appt., she would have just said *don't worry he's at a dr's appt.* The only explanation I can think of consistent with this version of the story is that the teacher momentarily forgot about the appt. and remembered a very short time later (like seconds or minutes) and marked him absent at 10:00.

Also, that the parent-helper noticed Kyron missing at the time of re-grouping, implies that Kyron WAS in the group at the start of the tour. If that's true, he would have had to just leave the group in the middle of the tour to go to the *appt.* without a word to the helper or her noticing. Seems highly unlikely to me.

Or, I can just discount TP's version entirely and all is right in my world. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Was the "He's in the RR quote" ever verified anywhere? I thought it was the little friend who said this.

Lovely.

IMO, there WAS an appointment. I just can't figure out if Terri used it to cause confusion regarding Kyron's presence that day. To do so would make NO sense, as it could easily be confirmed by LE and therefore point directly at her. I think Terri is naive and lacks good judgement, but I don't believe she's stupid.

I'm just going to wait and see what LE and the teacher and Terri say what happened in regards to the appointment. I've had it with the unnamed sources. This is tabloid journalism.

So....

True. It could be something Terri used to create confusion... or the school is back-pedaling furiously. Both have motive, IMO.

:banghead: From what journalism ethics course do 'ya think they learned this?? :furious:

I know that one person from KATU has been active on one of the FB pages...which seems really unprofessional as she uses her work FB. Also there are several posters on there who claim to have had contact with some Fox affiliates on a more national scale. Hard to swallow, if the media is going to FB members for "sources." Hope it is not true, but probably no less fanciful than interviewing people who live down the street who have never met the person in question, i.e.

Was the "He's in the RR quote" ever verified anywhere? I thought it was the little friend who said this.

Yes, it was his little friend and, no, afaik, it's not been confirmed or denied by anyone else. I've posted before, I would LOVE to know whether LE has discounted his account for some reason. But until they do, it continues to bug me :banghead:

That's what has been confusing/conflicting to me - the comment from the teacher about Kyron being in the bathroom or getting a drink of water -and- the school not expecting him to be in class after the science fair. Those two things are conflicting UNLESS they (the school) were under the impression he would be there for the entire science fair (just like Desiree was) and he was missing PRIOR to the end of the fair.

So, they think he is going to be there for the entire science fair (until 10 am) and then leave for his appt. Terri says goodbye to him at 8:45, he walks to class, gets into his group, tours the exhibits - and disappears. His friend notices him gone and says something, teacher says he is probably in the bathroom or getting a drink. At 10 am when class starts, she marks him absent (and is not alarmed then because she believes he left with his step mom for his appt.).

Yes, it was his little friend and, no, afaik, it's not been confirmed or denied by anyone else. I've posted before, I would LOVE to know whether LE has discounted his account for some reason. But until they do, it continues to bug me :banghead:

And as I've said before, I HOPE they haven't discounted his account because it doesn't fit neatly into their likely scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back