Kyron's Law

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm afraid that too many schools would think that surveillance cameras make a substitute for well-thought-out procedures that are consistently followed, and staff that is trained to know the procedures, adhere to them, and alert somebody if there's a breach. The school was not even following its own rules for attendance, tracking of strangers, and notifying parents. If those had been followed, Kyron's disappearance would at very least have been discovered much sooner and might have been prevented altogether.

And until we know what happened to him, we don't know whether surveillance cameras would even have helped.

Hi Carbuff, I think if there had been 3 exterior cameras at the school that day, one on each exit door {S, SW and SE doors} there would have been footage to pull up 'on motion' showing Kyron with both the comings and goings of Kyron, TH and everyone else at the crucial times.

Now I agree with you about the negligence of the school in their lazy attitude about surveilling their students at school. But we must not forget that it was a known fact that whoever did this knew there were no cameras in operation at Skyline Elem that day. That is a given, right? If there had been, and that would have made it difficult to get him out of there unnoticed, I think they would have had another plan to grab him. Evidently there was a plan in effect to remove him unnoticed from the school. If there had been cameras it would have just taken a different plan. IMO

If a door camera captured Kyron walking out, but then did not show where he headed after that, not sure how helpful that would be, in the long run. Cameras would have to be installed to show entire parking lot, all access routes to lot, sports fields, the walk ways, etc...to show if he turned left or right, went straight, cut across a hill to the woods, or whatever.

Walking out alone might lead one to believe he was told to do so by someone he trusted, but it would not prove it.

The only way I can see cameras helping this case is if they were everywhere, or if Terri is clearly shown walking out with Kyron at any point after bringing him to school. In reality, I don't see too many offenders of the future attempting abductions from schools and also walking the child out of the school. More likely, the child would be told to come out on their own, so cameras would have to pick up all possible paths thereafter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back