LA LA/AK - Eddie Matthew Martin, 44, Truck Accident in LA with Alaska Drivers License, 11 June 1991

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Websleuth community, I am very thankful for you al . Please dont forget about my Uncle. We aren't too naive to realize that he might not be found, but if he is a UID out there somewhere, we would like to be able to lay him to rest. I am still hopeful that he is out there, living his life.

I wish I had some more suggestions for you on how to find him, but it sounds like you are doing everything you can. The only other thing I can think of is to suggest is that you should get your DNA done with a company like Ancestry DNA or 23&Me and also upload it to GEDmatch and any other places that are free to look for DNA relatives. On the off chance that Eddie decided to change his name and start a new family, perhaps one of his children will upload their DNA as well and you would get a close relative match. It's a shot in the dark but it can't hurt to try it. JMO.

Gardner1850, I need to run another social security check.

Gardener1850 I tried to message you, but a message appeared saying that I can .

Sorry about that, I have my private messages off. I'm not going to be on here for the next week or so after tonight. I don't know anything about how to run a SS check. Sorry.

Has this UID been ruled out yet: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

The age is wrong for Eddie (they guessed the man to be 25-30) but the date is only a few days after Eddie had the car accident. Sorrento, LA is about 86 miles from Opelousas: Google Maps

The body was unrecognizable due to decomposition but they made a clay reconstruction.
Original

Original

He is depicted as a younger man due to their age estimate, but it seems like the hairline, jaw shape and nose profile are similar to Eddies. Height is within range at 5' 9".
Age estimates on a UID can be wrong, especially when there is decomposition of the body. No mention of scars on his head but that, again, could be explained by the condition of the body.

If you think this is promising please contact the person listed on NAMUS: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Any updates from this conference?

Also, two more questions:

1. Did Eddie have dentures?
2. Have family members filed a FOIA for his military records to see if he's accessed any of his VA benefits and/or to get more detailed medical records?

Thank you for alerting me to the Paul Hartod case Many Vietnam veterans assume identities. I believe that my Uncle might have actually done that, also

Almost every male case I have ever seen involving identity assumptions had a military stint.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13
Back