Found Safe LA - A'Kyleana Louise Lathan, 2, Baton Rouge, 2 May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I didn't think this would be the outcome. What happened to her mother is terrible, but I'm glad to see that she seems to have a good father and will get the chance to live out her life like she deserves.

I wonder what happened to her while she was missing. I hope she's as okay mentally/emotionally as she is physically.

Did they find her in anyone's company, and do they have suspects for the shooting? I wish the articles had more details(not just those linked here, but all of them; they're being really vague).

I think the interview said she was allegedly dropped off at a women's shelter.

Either someone murdered the mom, and brought the baby there at some point after, or mom brought her there and committed suicide.

I think I also read there is no autopsy scheduled.

I'm rocking the baby so I had the volume turned down and was depending on the captions, so please correct me if I misunderstood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://m.wafb.com/wafb/db_345758/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=tyFGLq8G

Two people arrested in connection to the kidnapping of A'Kyleana. 24 year old Curtis King and 22 year old Daaria Thomas. I read that police had surveillance footage of them dropping A'Kyleana off on another article. Curtis King has a history of alleged violence against children and is out on bond awaiting trial for the murder of his own son. :(

"King was under investigation in May 2013 after his 1-month-old son, Aiden King, was taken to the hospital with burns from scalding hot water. In November 2013, King was arrested after the then 6-month-old died while in his care. King was charged with second-degree murder and second-degree cruelty to juveniles. He was out on bond and awaiting trial. Thomas was the boy's mother. She was not charged in his death."

I'm so glad they dropped her off unharmed!!

Police add murder charge against man accused of kidnapping slain woman's child
Jun 29, 2015 4:44 PM CDT

snipped
Police have added a charge of second-degree murder against the man accused of kidnapping a woman's child after she was murdered.

King is accused of the shooting death of 24-year-old Taylor Latham. She was found dead in her vehicle in May. Her car was parked in the driveway of her home on Louisiana Avenue.

Investigators believe Latham's body sat in the car for at least two days before a passer-by noticed and called police. It was then that investigators realized Latham's 2-year-old daughter was missing.

I've seen several postings on FB for this sweet little girl. It looks like all the local news stations, plus Louisiana State Police posting the Missing Child info. It is so sad. I hope she is found safe. I came to see if this had been posted yet.

I am right outside BR.
So am I!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Baton Rouge man seeks separate trials on 2015 murder, kidnapping and drug charges

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/courts/article_7622a276-8da5-11e7-8d87-8b3b3d454a70.html

A Baton Rouge man accused of killing a woman in 2015 and abducting her 2-year-old daughter says he doesn't think he can get a fair trial if one jury considers the murder, kidnapping and drug charges filed against him.

Curtis King's court-appointed attorneys have asked state District Judge Trudy White to sever the charges and have each tried separately.

King was scheduled to stand trial Nov. 6, but the trial recently was pushed back to April 2.

Judge rejects defense plea to sever Baton Rouge man's 2015 murder, kidnapping and drug charges

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/courts/article_1802f314-2178-11e8-973c-03d6493d8e7e.html

Curtis King's attorneys had filed a motion asking District Judge Trudy White to sever the second-degree murder, aggravated kidnapping and drug counts against him, which would have resulted in separate trials on each of the three counts.

White denied the request to sever the charges, saying an East Baton Rouge Parish grand jury that indicted King in September 2015 obviously believed the counts stemmed from "one continuous activity."

King is scheduled to stand trial April 2 on the murder, kidnapping and drug charges stemming from the 2015 incidents.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmberHolland443
Back