LA LA - Anthony "Tyrone" Lard, 55, & John "MeMe" Combs, Jr., 48, Saline, Bienville Parish, 26 Nov 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

nerdita

Reaction score

Bienville Parish SO investigators have for the past several months been investigating the disappearance of Anthony "Tyrone" Lard and John "MeMe" Combs, Jr. from the Saline area on or about November 26, 2021. Lard is described as a 55 year old black male, 6' 1", 180 lbs. with a tattoo of a spider on his upper left arm and is from the Saline area. Combs is described as a 48 year old black male, 5' 11", 220 lbs. with a tattoo on his right arm in the shape of the state of Louisiana. Although Combs is from the Chatham area, he frequented the Saline area often. Investigators have interviewed family and associates of both men but have no solid leads as to the men's whereabouts. Investigators have been told that both men were in need of money and were wanting to "get out of town" which leads investigators to believe both men possibly owed money to one or more individuals. Lard was due an injury lawsuit settlement and was daily contacting his attorney about the insurance award but has not had contact with the attorney since late November, 2021. Combs who took medications for undisclosed ailments/illnesses has not obtained his medications since the November, 2021 time period. Although investigators are continuing to obtain leads and following up on them, the investigators are asking for the public's help with any information that may be of assistance in the disappearance of the men. You may contact Lt. Bell or Lt. Skapura at 318-263-2215 or by email jballance@bienvillesheriff.org.

Police seek leads on 2 Bienville Parish men missing since November

Police seek leads on 2 Bienville Parish men missing since November​

by: Marlo Lacen
Posted: Jun 6, 2022 / 12:44 PM CDT
Updated: Jun 6, 2022 / 12:57 PM CDT

BIENVILLE PARISH, La. (KTAL/KMSS) – The Bienville Parish Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s assistance in the case of two people who went missing in the Saline area in late November.
Sheriff’s investigators are trying to locate 55-year-old Anthony “Tyrone” Lard of Saline and 48-year-old John “MeMe” Combs, Jr. of Chatham.

According to investigators, family members and associates of both men were interviewed but they have no solid leads. They were told that both men were in need of money and wanted to “get out of town.” This led investigators to believe that Lard and Chatham owed one or more individuals money.
Lard was waiting for a lawsuit settlement and was calling his attorney about the insurance award daily. He has had no contact with the attorney since late November 2021.
Combs, who takes prescribed medications for undisclosed illnesses or ailments, has not picked up his medications since sometime in November.
Bienville Parish Sheriff’s investigators continue to follow up with every possible lead in this case. They are asking the public to provide them with any information that could assist them with solving this case. Anyone with information should contact Lieutenant Bell or Lieutenant Skapura at 318-263-2215 or email jballance@bienvillesheriff.org.

Well this doesn't sound too good. MOO. If Mr. Lard was calling the attorney daily about the settlement I can't imagine him leaving prior to receiving it. And at the same time IF they owed money surely whoever was owed was waiting for him to receive it too. Maybe it just became too "hot" to stay any longer? I hope they are both somewhere safe, but I am scared for them.

Well this doesn't sound too good. MOO. If Mr. Lard was calling the attorney daily about the settlement I can't imagine him leaving prior to receiving it. And at the same time IF they owed money surely whoever was owed was waiting for him to receive it too. Maybe it just became too "hot" to stay any longer? I hope they are both somewhere safe, but I am scared for them.
I agree. It doesn't sound good.

I made this post on behalf of Mr. Lard's family.

@nerdita Thank you for caring and starting the thread.

Just some disorganized thoughts here - the article doesn't really explain if they were friends and hung out together, or did they go missing separately but around the same time? I'm wondering IF they owed money if it was to the same individual, and if that person has been questioned. Do they have any more info about where they were last seen? I have read chatter about both Heflin and Lucky, LA? Were they together when last seen? I'm praying hard for them.

:( It's not looking good for Tyrone and Meme. LE should consider partnering with Crime Stoppers to offer a reward for information. It might encourage folks to start talking. MOO

Jun 7, 2022
SBBM

...the sheriff's office is issuing a plea for information.

SNIP

"We don't have bodies. We don't have a crime scene," [Sheriff John] Ballance says of the difficult investigation. "We had people in the Saline area saying they saw both of them get in a pickup truck with Mississippi plates. We know where that pickup is. We know where the individual is that drives the truck because he's in our jail. And we've spoken to him and he's probably gonna be one of them that's going to be polygraphed if he'll do it," Ballance added. [snip] If you have any information, call the Bienville Parish Sheriff's Office at 318-263-2215.

@nerdita Thank you for caring and starting the thread.

Just some disorganized thoughts here - the article doesn't really explain if they were friends and hung out together, or did they go missing separately but around the same time? I'm wondering IF they owed money if it was to the same individual, and if that person has been questioned. Do they have any more info about where they were last seen? I have read chatter about both Heflin and Lucky, LA? Were they together when last seen? I'm praying hard for them.
The sheriff described them as "running buddies" in the article I linked above.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
california_girl
Back