LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of thought getting rid of the bike was the last thing he did, before, but now I think he may have put Mickey with the bike. I can't see making a special trip to WB on that same night/morning just to leave the bike there...he must have been going there anyway, IMO. LE seems to be able to put him there on the 19th...if the bike was dumped days later, it might be different, but I have a worse feeling she is there, at WB, if they really can place him there on that first day.

I say:

Make a deal with him in exchange for getting the info about what happened to Mickey....then put him in gen pop.

I think it is possible he had someone give him a ride back to LA after burning his truck...but I think this was a one-person crime for sure. LE does not seem to be looking for anyone else.

They could be waiting for someone else to get nervous and do something to give themself away. Did he have a girlfriend?

I think that you are on to something -- he has to have some connection to this TX area. Maybe a friend lives there, maybe a relative, something made him choose San Jacito County as a good dumping ground for evidence.

Didn't he report the truck stolen in Montgomery County, TX...maybe the connection is there?

He lived in TX at one time per Spokeo.

They could be waiting for someone else to get nervous and do something to give themself away. Did he have a girlfriend?

I believe LE said they know how he got back to LA from TX, but were not telling the public.

regarding prior arrest here (officer's report) "The Daily Advertiser" http://www.theadvertiser.com/assets/pdf/DG19168176.PDF

and more info here "Vermilion Today" http://www.kaplantoday.com/view/full_story/19219783/article-Clues-from-bike-scene-lead-police-to-alleged-Shunick-killer?instance=secondary_news_state_left_column

In a nutshell, he broke into a girls house that he had been seeing. She identified him by his voice and smell but he did not tell her who he was. She was bound and forced to perform a sex act. He threatened her and left after untying her. He was arrested at Fort Polk.

Regarding other questions, he was convicted in 2000 and exhausted his appeals to the LA Supreme Court in 2003. Some references noted in previous post. He was released 2008 on probation till 2010. So I surmise he was in jail 2000-2008.

Wood Group is an oilfield service company. I have only dealt with them regarding well head equipment. Likely he was a field serviceman for land and offshore wellhead equipment.

He should be very knowledgeable from his previous conviction of the formalities and asked for a lawyer right away.

No. I'm so curious.

Montgomery County, while it is near Houston, has a lot of desolate forest and roads. The route from Church Point to that area has tons of desolate roads. I have driven it many a time at night and prayed my car did not break down in that area because there are so many places that you would have to walk quite a few miles to find civilization.

The fact that he chose this route, that he tried to get his name taken off the sex offender list -- this was a very cunning character.

They say that for every rape that is reported, many are not. I would not cross his name off any lists and would also look to see, if he was in the military, where he was stationed and what years he was stationed where and what murders were nearby and have not been solved.

This was not his first rodeo. He tore out phone lines, he waited until 1:30 a.m., he thought about what he was going to do way before he did it and spent a lot of time carrying out his crimes and then threatening the victims afterwards.

However, it is a little interesting to me that he did not rape the first girl. Was that a totally random victim or someone that he knew?

I am still thinking that there is some connection with MS. Lafayette is the biggest city near Church Point -- so he had been there many times. It may have been totally random -- hrm. Have to think about that.

The reason would be that he's a violent RSO from another state. Thats worth calling someone in LA just to see whats what.

I know of a RSO who has moved to my area from Louisiana. He is still registered at his old address in Louisiana, but has not registered here in Texas. I contacted the local police department in the town where he lives and they have done absolutely nothing with that.

Anthony Allen Shore became a registered sex offender and was required to submit his DNA after being convicted of molesting his daughters. It took Texas LE YEARS to submit this into CODIS. In the meantime, he raped and murdered at least 4 girls/women.

I am not sure if it is because there is so much crime going on because of the large population or what the disconnect is here in TX. But, it is supremely frustrating.

And who is to say they didn't contact LA to find out what was what on him and the LA police dropped the ball? Because no one will give out what exactly they have on him other than the burned truck, we just don't know.

I know of a RSO who has moved to my area from Louisiana. He is still registered at his old address in Louisiana, but has not registered here in Texas. I contacted the local police department in the town where he lives and they have done absolutely nothing with that.

Anthony Allen Shore became a registered sex offender and was required to submit his DNA after being convicted of molesting his daughters. It took Texas LE YEARS to submit this into CODIS. In the meantime, he raped and murdered at least 4 girls/women.

I am not sure if it is because there is so much crime going on because of the large population or what the disconnect is here in TX. But, it is supremely frustrating.

And who is to say they didn't contact LA to find out what was what on him and the LA police dropped the ball? Because no one will give out what exactly they have on him other than the burned truck, we just don't know.

Stories like this make me sick....

Montgomery County, while it is near Houston, has a lot of desolate forest and roads. The route from Church Point to that area has tons of desolate roads. I have driven it many a time at night and prayed my car did not break down in that area because there are so many places that you would have to walk quite a few miles to find civilization.

The fact that he chose this route, that he tried to get his name taken off the sex offender list -- this was a very cunning character.

They say that for every rape that is reported, many are not. I would not cross his name off any lists and would also look to see, if he was in the military, where he was stationed and what years he was stationed where and what murders were nearby and have not been solved.

This was not his first rodeo. He tore out phone lines, he waited until 1:30 a.m., he thought about what he was going to do way before he did it and spent a lot of time carrying out his crimes and then threatening the victims afterwards.

However, it is a little interesting to me that he did not rape the first girl. Was that a totally random victim or someone that he knew?

I am still thinking that there is some connection with MS. Lafayette is the biggest city near Church Point -- so he had been there many times. It may have been totally random -- hrm. Have to think about that.

The girl was a cousin I beleave of a girl he was dating, atleast some how related, it was in the report

He knew his first victim. She was the cousin of his former girlfriend.

i wasnt saying that the truck wasnt burnt.... but i know early on just from reading everyones posts here on WS that they didnt think it was the truck following right behind her.... the press conference showed pics of the truck with chrome gas tank... thats why im confused.... was it that truck or the one following directly behind her?

You'll have to start at the beginning to form a valid opinion on the white truck. Many of us have different theories. I personally think the two white trucks in front of the Circle K are the same and that is why they seem to be interchangeable when they talk and show the still.

I also think maybe the same white truck was behind her on University? ...the street with the school sign she is shown near.

The white truck has been about the only thing I have focused on from the beginning. I always knew it was the key to this case and I think it will be the key to putting him away as well.

What boggles my mind is that at one time I enlarged the pic and could see what looked like a taller, bulkier guy with dark hair. But dismissed it because I saw so many things.

Right. I agree. We can't be sure who dropped the ball. But someone did

bbm. Right in the report it says the victim recognized his voice as her cousin's boyfriend. So yeah, he knew her.

Could he have burned the truck and headed out to his job for two weeks? I'm not sure of the circumstances of how or where the burned truck was found... the two dates are confusing... but (maybe) he wasn't headed back "home" at the time?

I posted this on page 10, worth thinking about IMO

:fence:

I saw this comment elsewhere, interesting.......

"Listened to PC again, truck reported stolen on 5/21.

5/19 - Mickey disappears
5/21 - BSL reports truck stolen in Montgomery County, TX
5/25 - Videos released naming VOI
5/26 - Bike found @ WB
6/14 - Tip received (if from Car Salesman is this when new truck is bought?)
7/5 - Arrest of BSL

If shift change for 14/14 is on Wed. (not sure, but think so), BSL's schedule would have looked like this:

5/9 - 5/22 - Onshore
5/23 - 6/5 - Offshore
6/6 - 6/19 - Onshore
6/20 - 7/4 - Offshore

Explains why maybe he waited so long to buy a new truck...needed to collect insurance and was offshore during much of the time. Again, 6/14 is a guess on buying the truck if the tipster was the car dealership. His on and off shore dates do line up with means."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck