LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And here's two endangered runaways from Lafayette from 2011 that are still missing:
Endangered Runaway: TAYLRE BROWN (LA)
TAYLRE BROWN, Age Now: 17, Missing: 11/20/2011. Missing From LAFAYETTE, LA. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Lafayette Police Department (Louisiana) 1-337-291-8600.

Endangered Runaway: KENASHIOUS THIBODEAUX (LA)
KENASHIOUS THIBODEAUX, Age Now: 17, Missing: 07/07/2011. Missing From LAFAYETTE, LA. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Lafayette Police Department (Louisiana) 1-337-291-8600.

I know this, and it is in Harris County which I have also seen mentioned. Should I have not posted that link since it is in La Porte?:what:

His truck was found burned in San Jacinto County. The owner of the truck in LaPorte was found according to the article you posted. It can't have anything to do with this case.

After he reported his truck stolen in Texas he probably called his girlfriend to come get him. All she knew was the truck was stolen. He could have met her somewhere after he burned the truck. She Never reported suspicions. it was her parents. IMO

According to her BIL, she did not give him a ride nor was she at all involved.

Then the issue - once again - is, was Mickey seen at 216 St. Landry and LE kept that quiet, or did she never cross that point?

A collision and abduction between Circle K and there seems a bit much for me.... such a bust.

In the press conference yesterday they said they believed she was kidnapped between St. Landry & St. Mary to Blackham Colliseum. That is a long stretch with many possibilities. Not only are there 2 parking garages, there is a large empty parking lot at the corner of St. Mary and St Julien and a huge field next to it. The entrance to OLOL old ER is next to this parking lot and down below street level,hidden from the road, and can accomodate a few ambulances so could easily hold a truck. According to the security guard that someone spoke with she had been seen turning onto St. Julien previously. There are also some old medical buildings near the corner of St. Julien.

Staying on St. Landry would have brought her through a few short blocks of houses on both sides, then vast open fields on both sides and the greenhouse further back on the left until the Colliseum.

If Mickey crossed the street anywhere-to turn onto St. Landry, or because of feeling the truck behind her-it would have enabled the perp to grab her easier & quicker-being on his side of the truck.

That whole area was very dark. Here's what I posted about it on 5/29/12:

"As I drove down St. Landry to the old Lourdes hospital recently on several trips I noticed 2 pickup trucks sitting in a lot across from the hospital just watching. I also saw a sheriff in the parking lot of Martin & Castille yesterday. It made me wonder if they thought someone might come back looking for evidence they left behind.

Something that did bother me was that 5 street lights on the hospital side were out as well as 1 on the opposite side. These are all down near where the picture was taken of the car in front of the apartments. When I went back, there were 4 out on 1 side. Does anyone know if they are motion lights or on timers? Friday night after the first picture broke I went down Sr. Landry and had a very ominous feeling. It was very dark near the hospital and creepy near the empty hospital. "

I have gone down the street too many times to count now, but since the weekend of the 25th when the pictures were released I have thankfully, noticed an increase in the amount of lights that are being left on by the local businesses.

I still wonder about the camera where the Hoopty was seen and why Mickey was not, although those video stills were released later than the others and the LPD may be using semantics-at the time of the first release the pic of Mickey was the last seen of her. (which may have been true as of that day, but not in the future when more video showed up). I also still wonder about the large parking area behind M&C funeral home as it is pretty large. There were reports of video taken from inside of a business and people seen on bicycles. It could be possible Mickey may have possibly been seen on a camera from M&C.

How long was BSL in the military? Did he ever see combat? Makes me really uncomfortable to claim 50% of the military have mental health issues or are criminals!

He was arrested/kicked out of the military in 2000, so I don't think so...
He certainly never was in Afghanistan (war started in 2001) or Iraq (war started in 2003). Maybe Kosovo/Bosnia?

He definitely cannot blame his problems on PTSD caused by deployment in Iraq or Afghanistan, at any case. And PTSD doesn't cause you to become a sexual predator/abductor/rapists. It may cause a lot of things, but tier three sex offender is NOT one of them, in my opinion, having known many vets with PTSD from Vietnam, Iraq, & Afghanistan. It may cause you to get antsy around loud noises, freak out in a crowded Wal-Mart, suffer from insomnia and flashbacks, have to have your spouse/family awaken you by tapping you from arms length away and waking you very gently, etc. and it may cause transition into civilian society to be very difficult and put a strain on interpersonal relationships, but it doesn't cause you to tap some girl on her bike with your truck, sexually assualt her (because we all know that 99.9% likely to be what happened here :( ), and kill her.

Found it interesting that he kept a "trophy" cloth from the prior crime we know about. I hope he kept something of Mickeys to make it a slam dunk. I do think LE has some concrete evidence. What is anybody's guess.

His truck was found burned in San Jacinto County. The owner of the truck in LaPorte was found according to the article you posted. It can't have anything to do with this case.

Okay thanks for clarifying :rocker:
I see I wasn't the only one remembering the article/link so I'm glad I reposted it anyway and it could get cleared for us :)

Coincidence?
http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981388440

La Porte, Texas has nothing to do with BSL’s torched truck and is not in Montgomery Co. TX.

As I read it:
May 21st (Monday): BSL reports his white truck as being stolen in Montgomery County, TX.
May 31st (Thursday): White truck found torched in San Jacinto County, TX but connection not made to BSL by TX LE.
June 14th: Car Dealership employee calls in tip re BSL’s driver’s license & suspicious white-out regarding being an RSO. Lafayette, LA LE then puts 2+2 together and is able to connect the dots to the San Jacinto, TX burned white truck.

Would love to get this clarified.

As I said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion in regards to all matter including the photos. I can assure you that I have a perfect pic on my tv and there was no distortion. I think there is something in the photo's that speaks volume's and that is just the way I see it. And a few others do as well. It is too obvious to ignore. And I do not see this type of distortion on any of the other pics.

I do not see Mickey on the truck or anywhere in the pic but it does not take a lot of force to throw someone up onto the truck and it can cause little damage to the bike. I will post some pics to prove this theory.

Unless BSL has used this MO in the past he likely has no idea just how much force it takes to throw someone from a bike or what direction they would fall in. Not my personal theory but for all we know it could have been an abduction attempt that went horribly wrong when he hit her too hard.

I just checked back in in the middle of a job.

I looked at your pics and the truck appeared very stretched horizontally compared to the official pics. Maybe your TV stretches the pics. My uncle's TV does this and he refuses to change his sscreen setting. The reason I said your pics were distorted was that I pulled up the originals and compared them. Would you mind, for all of our benefits, posting your photos again for comparison?

Also, the original picture has two types of distortion. Distorted sideways, due to the fisheye effect of the LCG camera, and at least two major vertical areas of distortion, both in the running board area up to the roofline and also from the middle of the top of the windshield down. That's why I said what I said. You may want to study the original DWT truck again. The distortions are there.

These are random accident pics that show the vehicle and bicycle. Someone asked for these in the last thread but I have been hesitant to post them due to the misfortune of the victims here. To my knowledge, these were all surviveable accidents.

Attachments

• bike1.png
    bike1.png
    85.6 KB · Views: 77
  • bike2.jpg
    bike2.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 73
  • bike3.jpg
    bike3.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 70
  • bike4.jpg
    bike4.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 67
  • bike5.jpg
    bike5.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 70
Bolded by me. But look on over into SE Texas, and there are a LOT of missing women & unsolved murders of women. And there are some in Louisiana I'd like him checked out in just in case, since apparently he got around for work: Vicky Perez, missing from Alexandria in March of 2011- http://identifyla.lsu.edu/profile.php?id=601; Dorothy Rosier, missing from Pineville in 2010- http://identifyla.lsu.edu/profile.php?id=584, and Shema Stevens, missing from Shreveport since 2010- http://identifyla.lsu.edu/profile.php?id=620. And there's at least one young, pretty girl missing from the Algiers Point area of New Orleans, close to Gretna, where his secondary work address is- Leslie Morgan- Leslie Morgan, 27, Missing Since 9/26/10, New Orleans, LA - Help Find The Missing.

I don't think BSL necessarily has a type other than female and potentially vulnerable (asleep in their beds, riding their bikes, alone late at night, etc) and perhaps smaller than him.
I hope he's being checked in relation to all of these, as well as endangered runaways from south Louisiana, who for all we know, hitchiked and he gave them a ride...

I don't necessarily think this was his first time doing something like this. He just picked a girl who unbeknowst to him, would garner a LOT more attention that other cases often get and more community involvement.

Please look at 1997-1999, too, while he was in the army. Is there a way to determine if he was at Fort Polk all those years? He doesn't seem to mind traveling and his movements in Montgomery & San Jacinto counties suggest familiarity with the east Texas area.

Tina Louise Bowen, age 18, is just one of several young women missing during those years in E Texas. Tina disappeared July 14, 1997.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bowen_tina.html
Bowen was last seen inside her residence at 517 Silverdale in Conroe, Texas on July 14, 1997. Bowen lived with her parents, her mother last saw her at home in the predawn hours of July 14. Tina's mother, said her daughter was asleep the last time she looked in on her about 03:30 and was gone at 09.00 when she checked on her again. She reported her daughter missing when she learned later in the day that the teen was not with her boyfriend.

I don't believe his first conviction was his first offense. Nor do I think MS was his first offense since being released from prison, either.

Found it interesting that he kept a "trophy" cloth from the prior crime we know about. I hope he kept something of Mickeys to make it a slam dunk. I do think LE has some concrete evidence. What is anybody's guess.

Unfortunately, I find myself hoping he kept Mickey somewhere (even if she's deceased) as his trophy and her remains are somewhere he frequented so he could check on them. I still hope there's a slight possibility some of her remains (but badly decomposed, perhaps skeletonized) were recovered from his property and they are just waiting for lab tests to prove it's her.

La Porte, Texas has nothing to do with BSL’s torched truck and is not in Montgomery Co. TX.

As I read it:
May 21st (Monday): BSL reports his white truck as being stolen in Montgomery County, TX.
May 31st (Thursday): White truck found torched in San Jacinto County, TX but connection not made to BSL by TX LE.
June 14th: Car Dealership employee calls in tip re BSL’s driver’s license & suspicious white-out regarding being an RSO. Lafayette, LA LE then puts 2+2 together and is able to connect the dots to the San Jacinto, TX burned white truck.

Would love to get this clarified.

Agree and would like to know where the burned white truck owned by BSL is located at this time.!

And here's an endangered runaway from Acadia Parish, who went missing 4/27/12:
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...en_US&orgPrefix=NCMC&caseNum=1194227&seqNum=1

On that missingkids.com website, I ran the missing females since 2008 (BSL's release date) and the first time, I accidentally pulled up Kentucky, the state listed above Louisiana in alphabetical order. There were two missing females. I corrected the mistake and pulled up Louisiana. There were twenty missing females. With Kentucky having a population of 4,370,000 and Louisiana having a population of 4,570,000 Louisiana's proportion of missing females looks enormous.

I 100% agree with you! :) you couldn't of said it better!

While I agree with y'all, in my area, young men facing jail/prison time are given the option of enlisting for 4 years instead in one of the services. :what:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne