LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, random theory that has probably been brought up already, so I'm sorry if it has, but there's been so much confusion over the two white trucks we have pictures of that I started thinking about it again.

So, from the beginning, LE said we had pics of two different white trucks, and I thought that they were seen on St Landry Street, but going in opposite directions. There are a lot of people who have claimed they're actually the same truck. But... what if they are? Would LE have said they were different trucks and that one was cleared to mislead the public and/or BL? I mean, would BL have heard that, and said "Oh, yay, I'm cleared because they don't realize that's me twice?"

I don't guess it makes much of a difference either way, but it was one of those things that just popped into my head and I wondered if anyone else had thought of that. I'm sure it's sleep deprivation causing the out there type of thinking at the moment. ;-)

I am pretty sure that A.C.I said it was continuous. A.C.I???

That said - it would be concidental that the hoopty was well centered in the photo if it were non-continuous -as well, the hoopty was almost certainly going faster than Mickey, and you'd think that if it could capture the hoopty, it would see Mickey at some point as well - unless - of course the hoopty pic happened to be snapped at just the right time.

Continuous. Records at a high frame rate as per the owners and the security company which installed it.

With LE being on to him and watching, they most likely "manufactured" something to pull him over: no turn signal, weaving, didn't stop at a stop sign, tail light out, etc. Once pulled over, the altered license came into play, or something regarding his RSO statis, enough to detain him.

Yeah, that's what I got from it too. They said they pulled him over for a traffic violation at I10 and I49. They specifically said an "unrelated traffic violation," which was probably something like what you're saying. They were following him, just waiting for him to screw up and not use a turn signal or whatever, he probably saw them in the rear view and was a little nervous...then they stopped him.

From the wikipedia about OnStar:

The OnStar service relies on CDMA mobile phone voice and data communication, primarily via Verizon Wireless in the United States and Bell Mobility in Canada, as well as location information using GPS technology. Drivers and passengers can use its audio interface to contact OnStar representatives for emergency services, vehicle diagnostics and directions.

The OnStar service allows users to contact OnStar call centers during an emergency. In the event of a collision, detected by airbag deployment or other sensors, Advanced Automatic Collision Notification features can automatically send information about the vehicle's condition and GPS location to OnStar call centers. OnStar has 24-hour emergency call centers in Warren, Michigan, Charlotte, North Carolina and Ontario, Canada, and other call centers in Makati, Philippines and Oshawa, Ontario.[citation needed] This Advanced Automatic Collision Notification service is designed to assist emergency response efforts.

All OnStar equipped vehicles have Stolen Vehicle Tracking, which can provide the police with the vehicle's exact location, speed and direction of movement.

Starting 2009, General Motors began equipping some new vehicles with Stolen Vehicle Slowdown. This feature allows OnStar to remotely slow down the stolen vehicle. The service is also expected to help reduce the risk of property damage, serious injuries or fatalities resulting from high-speed pursuits of stolen vehicles. Customers may opt out of that function.[3] The first successful use of this service occurred in October 2009 when a stolen Chevrolet Tahoe was recovered and its suspected thief was apprehended.[4]

Also in 2009, General Motors began equipping some new vehicles with Remote Ignition Block, allowing OnStar to remotely deactivate the ignition so when the stolen vehicle is shut off, it cannot be restarted.[5]

All Stolen Vehicle Assistance services (Stolen Vehicle Tracking, Stolen Vehicle Slowdown and Remote Ignition Block) can be requested by the OnStar subscriber, but OnStar will not activate them until confirming with the police that the vehicle has been reported as stolen.

OnStar subscribers may be eligible for anti-theft and low mileage insurance discounts. Since OnStar can help with the recovery of a stolen vehicle, some insurance companies recognize this and offer a discount. Also, with certain insurance companies (for example, GMAC Insurance) and with subscriber permission, OnStar will send the insurance company the vehicle's odometer reading every month. If the subscriber qualifies as a low-mileage driver, they may be eligible for an insurance discount.

Even if the vehicle is OnStar equipped, no OnStar services are available until the system is activated. Vehicle owners can choose between two plans:[6]

Safe & Sound: $18.95/mth ($24.95 in Canada), which includes Advanced Automatic Collision Notification, Stolen Vehicle Assistance, Roadside Assistance, Remote Door Unlock, Remote Horn and Light Flashing, Red Button Emergency Services and OnStar Remote Vehicle Diagnostics
Directions & Connections: $28.90/mth ($39.90 in Canada), includes all services in the Safe & Sound plan, plus turn-by-turn navigation

ALSO:

Use as surveillance device

It is theoretically possible for OnStar to be remotely activated by malicious third parties or under government order. This would enable third parties to track the location of the car, along with the ability to listen to the contents of any conversations carried on by the occupants within the car without their consent. However the FBI has been denied the ability to use this as it disables OnStar's safety features as determined by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.[11] In its document of privacy practices, OnStar states that it is not possible for them to listen to or monitor conversations in a car without the knowledge of the occupant. The hardware is designed so that when an advisor calls into a car, a light flashes, a ring tone is heard, and the radio will mute.[12]

In 2011 OnStar did announce that it would start retaining all the information collected by the GPS and internal system, so that it could be sold to third parties.[13] Although this data is supposed to be “anonymized”, it remains unclear exactly what they mean by this as it is extremely difficult to anonymize GPS data.[14]

Continuous. Records at a high frame rate as per the owners and the security company which installed it.

Well, IMO, then that reinforces the idea that she *was* seen and the images were never released or acknowledged to the public.

I'm going off on a tangent, but
I have come to the conclusion that about 50% of our military/post military workers have mental illness/criminal histories. That being said the government should invest more time into psychological treatment/evaluation for all military personnel, and that are joining and leaving. I'm grateful for all the men an women who serve our country, don't get me wrong, I'm just seeing a continuous pattern here. Im the daughter of a retired 30+ military man, and many other people in my family serve in the military as well. My sister in fact served 2 tours in Iraq. I'm not trying to have a pity party or anything but growing up I was physical and mentally abused by my father. My sister has post traumatic stress from serving in Iraq as well. But what I'm trying to get at is, what I have noticed is that I'm seeing this certain pattern here in our men and women who are serving our country. And this does go in hand with BSL, just saying that maybe the government should really look into more pyschologicial treatment/ and therapies. JMO

Then the issue - once again - is, was Mickey seen at 216 St. Landry and LE kept that quiet, or did she never cross that point?

A collision and abduction between Circle K and there seems a bit much for me.... such a bust.

It is not clear to me whether a GPS receiver was retrieved from the burned truck. Or, is the receiver is needed to track the vehicle's movements. If the answer to both is yes, leaving the receiver in the truck would be a major mistake.

Maybe he took his GPS out of the burned truck and put it in his new truck. The GPS that they have is probably from the new truck, but the same one that he was using in the old truck??

No, it's not dangerous during daytime. But the area of the bike dump will still likely be deserted. The Pilot Channel there is not considered a good fishing spot. I did see one fisherman there once but he said he had never been there before, and also wasn't getting any bites. IMO opinion it's rare to see a person at the bike-dump spot during daytime.

I've been to Whiskey Bay (I always refer to it as Shreburne) many many many times, and have never been where the bike was dumped. I was also completely shocked to learn how slow and shallow it appeared to be where you took pictures of the fisherman with his granddaughter. Ive always assumed Whiskey Bay Pilot Channel moved more like the Mississippi. A little further up the road there is a spot with a bench to sit and it overlooks the channel. Certainly never thought it was swimmable (not that I would swim there, but if you had to, you could, whereas you don't have a chance in hell of making it across the Mississippi.). I have always thought there would be some kind of undertow. It looks that way on top of the water, but maybe that's because it's not as deep as I thought.

I do agree that it would take some force to get Mickey on the windshield/or over the truck, but if she was going 15mph (or less, or stopped) and the truck was going 15-20mph, it's not impossible. (the damage to the bike is spot on with that scenario, if the damage is mostly to the rear rim).I have no idea though. At this point it doesn't really matter. The guy is in jail. I hope he never gets out. I'm sick about this, and the more I learn about him makes it even worse. Ugh!

Maybe he took his GPS out of the burned truck and put it in his new truck. The GPS that they have is probably from the new truck, but the same one that he was using in the old truck??

That would even be dumber. But, they would his movements past the point the truck was abandoned.

The fact that BSL seems to be a stranger to Mickey - an older, beefy 220-pound man - opens up new avenues for me. It seems to undercut the possibility that this was a quiet abduction. To me, there would be too much of a chance of being seen or heard for BSL to have done something until after the hospital. Things get a lot more isolated there.

So the question remains - why isn't she on the HooptyCam - or was she?

If he did that - you'd think he would be totally busted- the old GPS would show the trip to Texas. Seems to me that if he's trying to say it was stolen, he wouldn't want to chance being caught red-handed with that GPs unit - he'd have made good and sure that it burned up with the truck.

That would even be dumber. But, they would his movements past the point the truck was abandoned.

honestly, i'm not a big gadget person, so i wouldn't know that GPS can keep your whereabouts saved. it's possible that he didn't know that either. I mean i know that pretty much anything is trackable with computers and phones, but maybe he just didn't think that his GPS would nail him.

speaking of computers. i wonder if he had a computer in his house that they can get some info from. maybe he googled something about getting rid of a body?

CF, based on the fact that the camera is continuous, and I agree with you that that area seems a bit too populated to really encourage something happening there, I'm inclined to think that the collision/abduction happened in that little stretch behind Blackham Coliseum on the St Landry Street Extension -- there's nothing there, no lights, no houses, nothing but that field on one side, and the greenhouse that would probably have been empty of people on the other side. That's reinforced with the idea that someone saw LE out there, with it taped off and with dogs investigating. I really do think she was seen on the HooptyCam and LE never acknowledged it or released the stills to the public.

I am definitely not getting into that debate again :)

I think each person sees what they see and some see one thing and others see another. I cannot agree or disagree with anything seen or not seen.

But I will say this to my dying day....LE would not make this type of confirmation either way. They cannot even confirm some of the more minor details. They are not going to say that she was hit right there. And, they may not know.

I will never believe these are continuous run videos. I think it is a camera that takes images every minute. They may see what we see. They enhanced these stills before they were released and this may be as good as it gets. If it was a video then I think they would have captured a still of the truck beyond this point when the truck wasn't obstructed by the road sign. It would be much more useful to them and us if we knew what that back can section looked like.

If anyone has a link where LE states this is a continuous video then I may change my mind.

But the LPD chief basically did tell us that this cannot be Mickey or the bike on or under by the Circle K, since he answered one of the reporter's who asked him where they believe Mickey was taken as "between St. Landry & St. Mary streets (I take that to mean the intersection of St. Landry & St. Mary) and Blackham Coliseum." The intersection of St. Landry & St. Mary is blocks up from the Circle K. So to me, that answers that question. Mickey made it to at least the corner of St. Landry & St. Mary before being hit and taken, so the Circle K pic of the DWT following behind Mickey cannot show us Mickey being hit. So we know from Chief Craft that Mickey was hit/taken between St.Mary & St. Landry intersection and somewhere near the coliseum. Seems to me this liekly happened around the St. Landry extension by the coliseum. Nothing but fields immediately around.

I'm going off on a tangent, but
I have come to the conclusion that about 50% of our military/post military workers have mental illness/criminal histories. That being said the government should invest more time into psychological treatment/evaluation for all military personnel, and that are joining and leaving. I'm grateful for all the men an women who serve our country, don't get me wrong, I'm just seeing a continuous pattern here. Im the daughter of a retired 30+ military man, and many other people in my family serve in the military as well. My sister in fact served 2 tours in Iraq. I'm not trying to have a pity party or anything but growing up I was physical and mentally abused by my father. My sister has post traumatic stress from serving in Iraq as well. But what I'm trying to get at is, what I have noticed is that I'm seeing this certain pattern here in our men and women who are serving our country. And this does go in hand with BSL, just saying that maybe the government should really look into more pyschologicial treatment/ and therapies. JMO

I have serious doubts about BSL's mental issues are stemming from his military service. I think the way we treat our veterans is deplorable, considering what they give up for our country. I do think they need to be a little more careful as to whom they select to be in the service. I'm sure, at times, they feel they have to take who they can get, because who would want sign their life away, only to be denied basic veteran services upon returning from wherever. Sorry, but a guy like BSL should not be representing this country! There should be enough evaluations to weed out sociopaths like him.

Don't know if this is the "official" way, but I press down on the picture and copy pops up and then I press down where I want it and paste pops up.

I can press copy but I cannot paste photos... Nothing ever says the words 'pop up' on my iPad. I can cut, copy and paste words just fine. I will keep trying!

Well, IMO, then that reinforces the idea that she *was* seen and the images were never released or acknowledged to the public.

Well the owners said LE took their whole harddrive. I doubt they would do that if there was nothing worth seeing on there

I've been to Whiskey Bay (I always refer to it as Shreburne) many many many times, and have never been where the bike was dumped. I was also completely shocked to learn how slow and shallow it appeared to be where you took pictures of the fisherman with his granddaughter. Ive always assumed Whiskey Bay Pilot Channel moved more like the Mississippi. A little further up the road there is a spot with a bench to sit and it overlooks the channel. Certainly never thought it was swimmable (not that I would swim there, but if you had to, you could, whereas you don't have a chance in hell of making it across the Mississippi.). I have always thought there would be some kind of undertow. It looks that way on top of the water, but maybe that's because it's not as deep as I thought.

I have not reported it here, but I called the Baton Rouge office of the U.S. Geological Survey and spoke with a couple hydrgologists on a conference call. This was approximately 2.5 weeks after MS disappeared.

The USGS record river data around the country and take water level/current velocity on the Atchafalaya River in several locations. Only water level is recorded at Butte La Rose and they have no info for the Pilot Channel.

We know the water level dropped significantly from the night of the dissappearance to the day of the bike discovery. The hydrologist familiar with the Atchafalaya said the current had been "very slow over the last couple weeks". I asked him how far a body could travel under those conditions and he indicated it would require some calculations. I did not pursue furthur.

Point is, the river was very low and very slow around the time the bike was found.

I believe it was during the presser LE stated she was "taken" between St. Landry, St. Mary's and Blackham Coliseum. So why didn't she appear in the surveillance that was taken of the hoopty car?

Hope he confesses and spares the family further heartache....and the time/cost of a trial. If it does go to trial, it will be years before the actual trial date, imo. :(

It seems like they just don't know where he grabbed her. Those are a lot of options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas