LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke to someone immediately following the press conference who knows the insurance agent that gave him his claim check. Agent said he had a bandage on his arm and asked about it. Didn't put it all together until the arrest. So yes, he did file insurance claim. So, here's what I think:

He goes out Friday night, maybe looking, maybe not. Maybe he and GF were on the outs. Anyway, he sees Mickey and decides he wants her. Picks her up. Knocks her out somehow. Needs to get rid of bike, it's in the way. Drops bike at WB. He did not pick up a victim just to kill. He needs his thrill first. He takes her home. Maybe decides he is going to keep her a couple of days, set her free, maybe. Come Sunday morning, her story is everywhere. He is stuck, has the girl and can't let her go now. (I don't know how to phrase this sensitively) he kills his victim and heads to Texas. Somewhere along the way he gets rid of body, but now the truck is full of evidence. Stops in San Jacinto, TX grabs all of his personal belongings (possibly including GPS, i would cinsider that a personal item, and i also never knew that past data was stored) Finds secluded place, burns truck. Heads to Montgomery TX. Monday morning he reports his truck stolen. File insurance claim. Rents a car, heads home. Heads off shore. In the meantime, insurance working on claim. Goes to buy a new truck when he gets back. He goes on like nothing happened.

Also, regarding the video from the TDA, perhaps that was what sealed the deal fror LE. Could they have positively identified his truck with a bike in the back?

RE: He needs his thrill first. He takes her home. Maybe decides he is going to keep her a couple of days, set her free, maybe.

CajunCoDe, that's a fairly good synopsis & timeline. Considering BSL characteristics, traits, and history/pattern, it seems obvious that he has esclated over the years, imo.

Once DSL made the decision to perform the bump & grab of her bicycle, he never intended to let Mickey Schunick go. To him, she was only an object, a playtoy for personal entertainment. To let her go would remove his evil mask, identifying him and prevent him from continuing his evil trail of terror..

BSL. imo is an organized psychopathic sadistic sexual predator/serial killer. He has no human emotions, is calculating, cagey, and very creative.

Due to reported injuries to him, Mickey Schunick put up one hell of a valiant fight. Whether it was for self preservation and to prevent her obvious fate that tragic night, or to leave incriminating evidence & clues for identification/indictment by investigators later on...

I choose to believe the later, or a combination as to her motives. Remember, she was an Anthropology major and studied the residue of psychopaths such as BSL. She was also no stranger to the game..
He will never take another unsuspecting innocent victim's life...due to her selfless and courageous fight to insure the revelation of his identity...permanent removal of his evil mask of normalcy...

"IMO, Mickey Schunick sacrificed her life, so that others may live"...

'Go Rest High On That Mountain Mickey Schunick'..
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jXrmAKBBTU"]Vince Gill - Go Rest High On That Mountain - YouTube[/ame]

so when will we KNOW anymore? not until trial or until Mickey is found? i'm just curious about whether or not there will be any more press conferences etc.?

Oh, that's what was said....didn't someone disprove this to be the truck because LaPorte is not in San Jacinto County?

I do not know....just remember the discussion and making a mental note to not incorporate this info into the facts.

LaPorte is SE of Houston. San Jac/Montgomery counties are NW of Houston. Two totally different locations about 60 miles apart.

So, between 2008 and 2012 he never bothered any women?

He has other victims. I can almost guarantee it. He got sloppy this time for some reason.

I pulled up the stretch where the Sheriff said her abduction occurred and it made me feel lonely. It seems isolated enough that something definitely could have happened there and potentially no one even heard her scream or the impact :( It just makes me so angry. Like, why did he have to decide that night he wanted to hurt someone. Why did they have to even cross paths? Why didn't he just rape her and then let her go? Why didn't he stay in jail for his previous convictions? Why do people like him even exist? Somewhat rhetorical and I know we will never have answers for some of those questions.

If he was following her along Versailles and down St. John to St. Landry he may have been hanging back at the traffic lights to give her some leeway in order to see where she was headed. If he chose to stop with the lights at St. Landry and W. St. Mary Blvd. then he might have deduced that once she passed the old hospital that there was an open field, past the few residential streets, after St. Julien Ave.

Found it interesting that he kept a "trophy" cloth from the prior crime we know about. I hope he kept something of Mickeys to make it a slam dunk. I do think LE has some concrete evidence. What is anybody's guess.

He didn't. Was misinterpreted yesterday. When the victim told her mother what really happened the police came back and found the washcloth at the victims house. He is not a very smart guy to leave evidence with DNA after an assault. He obviously believed he scared her enough that he wouldn't tell. Or in his mind it was consensual because he is crazy.

I apologize if I am answering things that have already been answered. Trying to catch up but want to make sure the facts stay straight.

I really don't believe there would be any video footage unless he stopped at a convenience store or something like that. Texas really doesn't have that many public surveillance cameras and especially in such a wooded area.

I was recently in Texas and they had cameras everywhere I went. Stores ,gas stations rest stop every so often along the interstate ,plus in the event of tractor trailers been stolen and chased up I 35 they can dispatch choppers in moments. Heck even the flea market in texas had cameras oh and they also sold new front ends for chevy trucks ..and a bunch of other parts ,wheels and tires.

This guy went to considerable trouble to try to get rid of the bike and his truck...but failed on both counts. And yet he seems to have had better luck in getting rid of Mickey's body, again showing how easy it is to hide a body, if indeed we need any reminders, with all of the many unsolved missing persons cases. Easier to hide a body than to get rid of trucks, bikes, etc...

in the last paragraph the neighbor talks about a bayou. i really think they should and probably are already checking into that bayou. someone on here named CIRCA said something about a long bayou along Ko Dupuis Road. Has anyone mapped that out? I keep trying to map it in reference to his house, but i lost the coordinates for his house (since Elaine doesn't come up)

Ko Dupuis road is along a bayou of another persons residents that was question a while back. It is not the same road or bayou that would be near bsl home

Oh, that's what was said....didn't someone disprove this to be the truck because LaPorte is not in San Jacinto County?

I do not know....just remember the discussion and making a mental note to not incorporate this info into the facts.

Yesmam and someone already corrected me lol! A few posts under mine someone set me straight:blushing:

He has other victims. I can almost guarantee it. He got sloppy this time for some reason.

I agree. No way he stayed quiet for 4 years. I'm sure once he got out of prison he couldn't wait to satiate his sick appetite. If he waited 4 years i think we would have seen a better thought out plan. They always get sloppy as time goes on and is what eventually gets them caught :moo:

ACI do you know anything about that fire where the pressure washers were stolen? I keep bringing it up but it always stuck out to me and now that I know the perp is a pyromaniac I'm itching to find out if there's a connection.

I don't believe Mickey was ever taken to his house, or he probably would have burned that down too.

Whatever happened took place in his vehicle...JMO

'Go Rest High On That Mountain Mickey Schunick'..
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jXrmAKBBTU"]Vince Gill - Go Rest High On That Mountain - YouTube[/ame][/QUOTE]

BBM

Thanks for this, Foxfire.

She is Safely Home in Heaven now

He didn't. Was misinterpreted yesterday. When the victim told her mother what really happened the police came back and found the washcloth at the victims house. He is not a very smart guy to leave evidence with DNA after an assault. He obviously believed he scared her enough that he wouldn't tell. Or in his mind it was consensual because he is crazy.

I apologize if I am answering things that have already been answered. Trying to catch up but want to make sure the facts stay straight.

Thanks so much for clarifying. Had to skip some pages to catch up. I don't like to contribute to confusion. I appreciate you letting me know.

I just checked back in in the middle of a job.

I looked at your pics and the truck appeared very stretched horizontally compared to the official pics. Maybe your TV stretches the pics. My uncle's TV does this and he refuses to change his sscreen setting. The reason I said your pics were distorted was that I pulled up the originals and compared them. Would you mind, for all of our benefits, posting your photos again for comparison?

Also, the original picture has two types of distortion. Distorted sideways, due to the fisheye effect of the LCG camera, and at least two major vertical areas of distortion, both in the running board area up to the roofline and also from the middle of the top of the windshield down. That's why I said what I said. You may want to study the original DWT truck again. The distortions are there.

Trust me...I don't have to look back at the original truck pics. I have studied them endlessly because I knew it was the only solid evidence we had. As you may recall me saying a thousand times :)

I may have my tv on widescreen. I will take a look and maybe take some new photo's. As I said, it's mainly for my benefit but thought I would share them. The image on my screen was so big that I felt like I could see into the truck as if I were there!

Maybe this time he picked up the wrong "right" girl. Mickey's case received waaaaaay more attention than others in Louisiana (that is NOT a complaint or a brag). Maybe previous victims didn't have as many friends and family to love and spread the word MOO.

I'm not finished reading all the pages, but I wanted to let everyone know what I was just told. Mods...delete if this is not acceptable.

We just got back from vacation and our A/C was out so my A/C guy just came to fix it. Anyway, he lives a few blocks from BSL and said the dude is just not "right" and he's been that way for a long time. When he was younger, he was caught digging up graves and playing with skulls. He was also a suspect years back on a house/trailer (he couldn't remember which one) fire in Branch that had two girls that were dead before the fire started but the police could never link him to it. Someone mentioned a few threads ago that there was a murder in Acadia Parish that he was a suspect in but they didn't have enough evidence to charge him. This could be the same murder/arson incident but I'm not sure.

Of course, all of this is hearsay but it is something to look at with his parents' house catching on fire, his trailer catching fire and his truck "catching" fire. He seems to have some sort of fascination with fire but of course his house and trailer were apparently never ruled as arson.

Again, this is all hearsay but I just wanted to pass it along.

Holy ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member