LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, between 2008 and 2012 he never bothered any women?

He has other victims. I can almost guarantee it. He got sloppy this time for some reason.

He didn't get sloppy, LE got lucky. They received info from at least 2 people and these calls led to them looking more closely at BSL.

If he was following her along Versailles and down St. John to St. Landry he may have been hanging back at the traffic lights to give her some leeway in order to see where she was headed. If he chose to stop with the lights at St. Landry and W. St. Mary Blvd. then he might have deduced that once she passed the old hospital that there was an open field, past the few residential streets, after St. Julien Ave.

Which shows he knows the area and may have prowled here in the past.

Yeah I do think it is possible he has other victims that just didn't come forward (he may not have killed them all or possibly even any of them). Rape still largely goes unreported. It is also possible he was "smarter" in the girls he chose. It is no secret that certain cases get a lot more attention and that can be dependent on the lifestyle or life of the victim. Maybe he just got really sloppy this time and couldn't control himself even though Mickey was "risky"
If anything good comes from this it will be him being behind bars or executed and never, ever being able to hurt anyone else.

Maybe they can't come forward. BSL learned after his conviction that leaving behind a victim is not a good idea.

Maybe this is the tip that came from the GF's family?

Abdella got the 2 strong leads from 2 unrelated persons as he stated in that article on June 8th. These leads probably came from the girlfriend's family and from the car dealer lady. it was after this article that all went quiet and we never heard a thing until July 5th. so we can assume that they've been onto him since a little before June 8th

Agree. Quite a leap huh. According to reports he certainly did have the traits of a serial killer in the making :moo:

I will certainly be looking into him for some of these I-45 cases.

If Siri helped, there is a call center somewhere with that information. When someone asks Siri a question, it is routed to a "call center" where someone looks up the information and sends it back to the phone.

you could ask "Siri" where can you hide a dead body and it answers with something like a swamp, dumps, metal foundries, cemeteries, etc...

Only on iPhones and iPads

you could ask "Siri" where can you hide a dead body and it answers with something like a swamp, dumps, metal foundries etc...

Only on iPhones and iPads

Someone told me there is an Android application that is similar, but I don't remember the name of it.

I don't believe that the GPS would show that HE torched his truck. Unless it has video on it as well. It will though show that this particular truck was driven to a particular area and torched.

That does not mean that there is not other technology out there that can show him actually driving the truck.

Thus LE would have to be able to prove or show good circumstantial evidence that he was probably the one that did torch his own vehicle.

You took me too literally. I didn't mean that his GPS had a video camera. How could he say his truck was stolen and then the GPS still in his possession not show that it went to the spot where the truck was found and then came back with him?

Abdella got the 2 strong leads from 2 unrelated persons as he stated in that article on June 8th. These leads probably came from the girlfriend's family and from the car dealer lady. it was after this article that all went quiet and we never heard a thing until July 5th. so we can assume that they've been onto him since a little before June 8th

From what I understand from people who know, those leads had nothing to do with BSL. They were leads about other suspects.

So, between 2008 and 2012 he never bothered any women?

He has other victims. I can almost guarantee it. He got sloppy this time for some reason.

I don't know if he got sloppy so much as he just took the "wrong" girl- Mickey Shunick- had this been a prositute with a drug problem would the community have been as aware of her going missing? had her family not had the education & resources to put & keep her name out there, would we have known about her or would she be just another person listing under "missing" on WS with one or two pages on her thread? if she had been classified as an "endangered runaway," would anyone have realized there was a sexual predator on the loose?

His mistake was taking a middle class college student from right near campus. He didn't anticipate the media coverage, support, and determination of Mickey's family, friends, and the community that would come from Mickey's disappearance. Personally, I think his mistake was taking Charlene Shunick's little sister & Brettly Wilson's dear friend- those two were on it from the beginning with social media & searches they were organizing themselves before LE would get involved. I suspect his other victims didn't get this kind of coverage & didn't have Charlenes & Brettlys in their lives that had the kind of resources & education available they have...

He could just as easily be saying that TWO things happened in this particular area.

Somewhere in this time frame we have to account for other things that took place as well. I don't believe I need to go into details.

Actually, yes you do need to go into details.
what do you mean?

You took me too literally. I didn't mean that his GPS had a video camera. How could he say his truck was stolen and then the GPS still in his possession not show that it went to the spot where the truck was found and then came back with him?

He left it at home?

No I don't believe I did.

There are many types of GPS which another poster pointed out.

If Siri helped, there is a call center somewhere with that information. When someone asks Siri a question, it is routed to a "call center" where someone looks up the information and sends it back to the phone.

Really??? Haha. I am kind of embarrassed now. I asked Siri some silly stuff when I first got her. :blushing:

so when will we KNOW anymore? not until trial or until Mickey is found? i'm just curious about whether or not there will be any more press conferences etc.?

justwannahelp, doubt it from LPD...
The MSM is the spokesperson for the public, and not a mouthpiece for spoonfed info by LPD. BSL's past is not only the concern of one case & one family, but is the concern for all the Public's Safety, imo.

'It is very important to keep Mickey Schunick's story in the news for awareness, in case there are other unknown victims in BSL's wake'..
BSL's photo should be posted on MSM & social internet sites across the US, imo.
From my info, imo, due to BSL's arrest, he is reigniting the Jennings serial killer investigation.

Actually, yes you do need to go into details.

You seem to be picking on my comments - second one now.... so ...what do you mean?

It has been commented often that there are areas in this part of Lafayette where things could of happened.

He did not have to drive too far at all to accomplish some things immediately and I still don't believe that I need to go into details.

He then could of taken care of disposing of things.

ETA As Foxfire pointed out parallels in another case, I believe he only took that individual just over a mile away. Luckily she got away.......

There has to be a fuse or something that could be removed to get rid of the service. I wouldn't want it either!

Not sure how this works on the newest models. Back in 2008 or so there used to be a fuse for the "Driver Information Center" that would cut power to OnStar. Also not sure if OnStar was the only thing that got cut off when this fuse was pulled.

As noted earlier, even with the fuse disconnected it will work until the internal battery dies.

No . . . Siri works with voice recognition technology. There is no real person looking up information and sending a response when you use Siri. That doesn't mean that queries wouldn't be available as data somewhere, but there's no call center and no real-time human involvement.

I will certainly be looking into him for some of these I-45 cases.

Nutkin, I thought of you as soon as the Texas connection showed up in this case & thought about the I45 murders...

Really??? Haha. I am kind of embarrassed now. I asked Siri some silly stuff when I first got her. :blushing:

Yes, it is true. This is why Siri is "banned" from certain work environments.

ACI do you know anything about that fire where the pressure washers were stolen? I keep bringing it up but it always stuck out to me and now that I know the perp is a pyromaniac I'm itching to find out if there's a connection.

Sorry. Tailing someone right now.(unrelated case btw)
Hard to type

Now that we know his proclivity for arson, it's very possible. I never heard much of anything about the fire for me to say they're related, but imo it's very possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member