LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see there is still discussion of Mickey being hit at the Circle K. Physics aside, I just listened again to Chief Craft in the press-conference Q & A say that Mickey was taken somewhere between "St. Landry & St. Mary and Blackham Coliseum." It is obvious that he was describing "Point A" and "Point B," not naming three points. He paused between "St. Landry" and "St. Mary" to recollect St. Mary as the cross-street. He was using the first two street names to describe one specific point - an intersection. Were he trying to describe three separate points, and not be naming an intersection, he would not use the word, "between;" he would use language like, "somewhere along." St. Landry and St. Mary are perpendicular. One would not use the word, "between," to describe their spatial relationship.

Those here who keep saying that we don't know that Mickey wasn't hit at the Circle K, to keep alive - I suppose - the idea that the picture shows that, should listen to the chief again.

If she was taken between the intersection of St. Landry and St. Mary (Point A), and Blackham Coliseum (Point B), then she could not have been hit at Circle K in my thinking. If she were hit at Circle K, is the thinking that after her bike was crushed she outran a truck, on foot, all the way down to past the hospital? I can't believe that.

Sure, the picture has some anomalies. But Chief Craft told us in the press conference where the abduction happened, and it wasn't across from the Circle K.

Listen to the Q & A for yourself. Click part 4 of the audio.

I am one that believes that think bike is under the truck and my theory is.. He in one way or other hit the bike stopped got out to check on Mickey and she was ok maybe banged up a little and he offered to drive her home and she was like no way, not happening, he left and she continued to walk her bike home but he was waiting for her somewhere on one of the following blocks and took her. Note this is only my opinion.

It would have when they were desperately trying to identify this truck. They released pictures of the hooptie, another truck with a bed cover and even a possibly different truck going in the opposite direction. It is not a fact but I firmly believe they released all that they had. It would have also served in helping to find witnesses that could identify the truck in potential dumping locations. Now they may have since obtained more video evidence but I think they released all they had at the time.

This is not what you said in your very first post last night tho. You said the next frame of the video was telling.

Originally Posted by CajunStrong We go round and round because y'all keep telling me that the police have ruled it out by the statements made in the press release. I believe some of those statements left a lot of grey area that has not been confirmed. Now one day we will all hopefully know but until then it is my opinion and right to feel that it has not been ruled out. [B said:
I habe not seen any type of press release that specifically states this could not have happened and I am by far not the only one that believes it. I am supportive at all y'alls opinions and I keep an open mind.[/B] I simply want the same curtesy.]

I haven't seen where they have said it has happened either.

I am the one that said and megsy relied on and I've discovered by reviewing my browser history. the now defunct misspelled BL facebook was friends with an individual that has the same name as the arsonist AC. I apologize for putting out garbage info when I was attempting to explain why I didn't think (and I still don't. ) the now defunct misspelled BL facebook page was not authentic.

Thank you for your question and for posing as so. There have been hundreds of people talked to by the police. Others have noticed what appears to be a man running towards the station. Perhaps he did witness it and told the clerk or even called the police. We don't know. There have been such rumors but no confirmation. Or perhaps there were witnesses that just didnt do anything. In our culture it has become the norm to mind your own business.

However this is one reason I at first doubted that she could have been hit here. Then other things have led me back.

I beg to differ. I'd say, in our culture it has become the norm to mind other people's business! LOOK at everyone here, FB stalking and getting the scoop on everything they can get their hands on. This whole cajunnet thing we are talking about....a prime example of people not minding their own business.

If "running man" had seen something, and was running in to tell, anyone else in the store would have heard his story and they would have each told at least 5 people and those people would have at least told 5 more people. It would have been all over town the very next day.

My humble opinion is he didn't burn his truck just because maybe some hair or fiber might be in it. No he would have kept it and tried to clean it really good. The reason why he burned it is because there was to much blood or body fluid that he knew no amount of washing would get rid of it. He had no choice but to set it on fire in his mind.

OK, we covered this in an earlier thread, but I'll summarize quickly:

The "thrown backward" you reference is something which needs clarification. I agree that a person's head and shoulders would be thrown backward, provided the point of impact actually impacts the rider's body at a low enough center of gravity, IE below the body's natural fulcrum point. I've used the comparison of a football wide receiver catching a ball above his head, and then being hit from behind at a point below his waist. His torso flies backward, his feet fly forward. But relative to the spot on the field where he is hit, he does not move backward (in the direction from which the tackler came).

Same with a vehicle. X--------->>-----Y--->>-----------Z

(Arrows represent directions of travel for both the vehicle and the bike.) If "Y" represents the point of impact on the ground/street, then it is virtually impossible for the rider to fly backward toward and land closer to "X" than he/she was at the point of impact, assuming the bike is hit from behind. The head and torso may lunge in a backward motion as the feet fly forward, as we have covered. But the cyclist at point "Y" will, at the very worst, land at a spot which is parallel (to the side of) "Y".

All opinions and contributions are welcome, including dissenting opinions and analysis. Iron sharpens iron, and all that jazz.

There could be blood. Or debris from the bike. Or scratch marks/scars on the pavement from there the bike was dragged (even if only slightly) upon impact. Or all of the above. It's not a hard, fast rule which says at least one of the above would be present, but the odds are highly in favor of there being some sort of evidence of a crash between a cyclist and a vehicle at or near the point where the rider and/or the bike crash to the ground...even if not visible to the naked eye. When metal rubs against concrete or asphalt, abrasion occurs. The evidence left behind may only be in the form of small metal filings, rubber, etc., but something is bound to be left behind, you can rest assured.

What I am saying here is that neither of us have been verified as bicycle accident reconstruction forensics experts. We have differing uneducated guesses as to how this accident could have occurred. Neither of us is going to outprove the other and I prefer to just move on.

And by saying uneducated, I mean no disrespect. I am using this word in the context that neither of us has had formal training in this area. If you have then please correct me.

Apparently our research has led us down two different paths and as I am not an expert I can only go on my own personal experience and that of my daddy that has worked many such accident cases and agrees with me completely.

:banghead: I'm getting quite the headache.

CajunStrong, please answer the following so we can all gain a bit of peace of mind:
1. What is your source for Mickey's scent at the footbridge? Were you there? When and where was this stated? Do you have some other source?
2. What made you claim so strongly that TP and BSL are linked, and in what way did you mean?

I'm getting seriously confused about what is fact and opinion as well.

Well then they have been searching the wrong place.
Lafayette Police Dept along with St Landry Sheriffs Dept have been searching the home & surroundings. The town of Churchpoint is in Acadia parish, not St. Landry
My understanding is BSL has a PO Box mailing address.
The physical address for where his home is may be Elaine Lane in Churchpoint. Some people close to Prairie Ronde have Opelousas addresses and they are miles out of Opelousas.
Look on mapquest.com and you should see Lawtell to the left of Opelousas on Hwy 190, further west is Swords. Between them look for Jessie B Rd and head south. Elaine lane is one of the little streets off of Jessie B.

I'm familiar with the area, Boudin. What do you mean they've been searching the wrong place? That house was at 143 Elaine Ln in CP two years ago when it was listed for sale.

The town of Church Point is in Acadia Parish but it doesn't mean that some people with a Church Point address don't live in St. Landry Parish. The city of Eunice is in St. Landry Parish. I have a Eunice address but live in Acadia Parish.

This warrant for arrest also confirms his physical address as 143 Elaine Lane Church Point: http://www1.katc.com/files/Affidavit and warrants for arrest of Brandon Scott Lavergne.pdf

Sorry, just not following you.

There was crime scene tape put up in an area. The dogs hit on Mickey's scent on each side of the foot bridge near the printing services building on the campus. Now you can take this as my opinion as I do not have a link. Right there by that coulee.

Y'all like to disagree but my opinion is that Mickey was knocked off her bicycle and she ran down to that area or he grabbed her there after she was off the bike and took her down that a way and there was a struggle. She was there somehow. Maybe he carried her over that bridge. We do not know.

The poster IMO is not stating this as a fact due to the portion bolded. He/she is clearly saying take this as "my opinion". There is also an edit on the bottom of original post that says in my opinion.

<modsnip>

Hun, I got some pictures to share with you. See, when I was a wee teen I was hit by a truck, rear ended, nonetheless by my very own brother that wasn't paying attention. Well my little pink bicycle went right under that truck and I ended up *advertiser censored** first into that windshield. I got the scars to prove it. And so does he ;) Now there are some physics for y'all. My daddy has been in law enforcement since he left home as a boy. He is all but an expert and he says almost ALL rear end bicycle accidents end up with the rider on top of that vehicle. My daddy does not play around with the truth.

<modsnip>

<modsnip>

Now we know as it has been confirmed time and time again that little Mickey passed that station at 1:47 am and Brandon passed at 1:48 am. Let us not turn fact back into fiction. Now I want y'all to <modsnip>tell me how a little girl on a bike and a big ole truck passed within one minute, give or take a few seconds, of each other in that exact same spot and y'all say it is not possible they coincided there at the same time. There is a possibility that they ended up in that very same spot within the same couple of seconds that would have allowed for them to collide. At the very most, it was slightly over one minute.

Y'all have not dicounted this theory yet. And I am going to figure out how to post these pictures for y'all <modsnip>.

Where did you get the 3rd one from? Can you link?

What I am saying here is that neither of us have been verified as bicycle accident reconstruction forensics experts. We have differing uneducated guesses as to how this accident could have occurred. Neither of us is going to outprove the other and I prefer to just move on.

And by saying uneducated, I mean no disrespect. I am using this word in the context that neither of us has had formal training in this area. If you have then please correct me.

Apparently our research has led us down two different paths and as I am not an expert I can only go on my own personal experience and that of my daddy that has worked many such accident cases and agrees with me completely.

Can you remind me again of what your theory is that happened?

I'm familiar with the area, Boudin. What do you mean they've been searching the wrong place? That house was at 143 Elaine Ln in CP two years ago when it was listed for sale.

The town of Church Point is in Acadia Parish but it doesn't mean that some people with a Church Point address don't live in St. Landry Parish. The city of Eunice is in St. Landry Parish. I have a Eunice address but live in Acadia Parish.

This warrant for arrest also confirms his physical address as 143 Elaine Lane Church Point: http://www1.katc.com/files/Affidavit and warrants for arrest of Brandon Scott Lavergne.pdf

Sorry, just not following you.

The news said BSL's house is in Swords. They were at the house and I'm guessing used either GPS or followed the police to his house. It's not in Church Point. That is listed on his registry but it is not the 143 Elaine that the police were searching.

Okay, I will courteously keep my thoughts to myself about opinions I don't agree with.

BUT - WILL YOU PLEASE RESPOND TO THE FIRST PART OF MY POST? What is the source of your insider information?

I am a wonderful part of the cajunnet myself and have heard rumors and have witnessed many of the searches myself. As I am a petite somewhat young woman with long blonde hair and blue eyes I have paid extra special attention to this case. I felt like my own safety was at risk. I did not realize this was such a big secret or new information to this forum as I have heard it discussed openly in the community. It however is not a fact. It very well could be a dishonest person in the investigation spreading rumors to be fact.

I am one that believes that think bike is under the truck and my theory is.. He in one way or other hit the bike stopped got out to check on Mickey and she was ok maybe banged up a little and he offered to drive her home and she was like no way, not happening, he left and she continued to walk her bike home but he was waiting for her somewhere on one of the following blocks and took her. Note this is only my opinion.

Mickey would not have walked her bike home from that point, her house was more than 3 miles away. I doubt she would have walked her bike back to Brettly's either, she would have called someone for a ride. About a month ago a person whose son was a friend of Mickey's posted here. Mickey had called the son when she had a flat at 3 AM one morning and gotten a ride home. She would have just called someone to come an pick her up if she had been wrecked and left alone.

For me, when I throw a thoery out I expect it to be argued, talked about etc , you cannot solve problems without them. Now saying that, the reason a lot of people on here dont beleave the truck ran her over in the pic at circle K is due to physics, and also to me more reasones, like I already explained to many people would of scene it and also would you think that the LE had already disclosed this info to the family, and yes you can say maybe they did, didnt etc, but the way the Schunicks have carried on, about her being alive, about not having a clue what happened to etc, you got to beleave they truly have no idea what happend to her.
Probably the biggest bust to that thoery is his truck, AFTER the bike was found/pics posted of VOI, he burnt his truck out of fear....Now if he did hit her in front of that Circle K, where there were witnesses outside,and he knew for fact people scene his truck, dont you think he would of burnt his truck much sooner and called it in stolen???

I just have to post this. Old Hippie from NY.

For Mickey and all:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hbrn9eXEKWk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hbrn9eXEKWk[/ame]

Did Tasha ID BSL?

Do you recall when you learned the search dogs might have hit on MS’s scent near ULL Printing Services on Coliseum Road or by the footbridge over the coulee behind the building?

She did not that I am aware of.

The poster IMO is not stating this as a fact due to the portion bolded. He/she is clearly saying take this as "my opinion". There is also an edit on the bottom of original post that says in my opinion.

But as Chicken said, that's too specific to just be a random opinion. Stating those details makes it look like firsthand knowledge or info that came from a source. Not just something you concoct in your head. Everyone wants to know a source for this info.

I am a wonderful part of the cajunnet myself and have heard rumors and have witnessed many of the searches myself. As I am a petite somewhat young woman with long blonde hair and blue eyes I have paid extra special attention to this case. I felt like my own safety was at risk. I did not realize this was such a big secret or new information to this forum as I have heard it discussed openly in the community. It however is not a fact. It very well could be a dishonest person in the investigation spreading rumors to be fact.

Can you see how it would have been helpful to say "I have heard the the dogs hit on either side of the foot bridge."?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3