LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
there was so much about her "crossing the road" that I missed out on in lengths. Is there a possibility she was making a turn and the back of the bike was, for lack of a better term, "t-boned" as if he was hitting her as she was crossing the road (last opportunity).

Also, was it ever confirmed that items of hers were found? Wouldn't that now be considered part of the scene of the crime (since it looks like she was hit on the road somewhere)???

So we know either by rumor or fact (cannot recall) he took off the door handles inside the truck right? So he bumps MS bike just enough to knock her off of it and startle her, or hurt her just enough where she cannot run. He jumps out of the truck, nabs her, puts her in the truck, ties her hands, gets out, gets the bike and puts it in the truck. Heads towards whiskey Bay, does whatever to her, she fights him, bites him, he gets mad and starts to beat her over the head, maybe slammed her head on the dash. I'm starting to think he only dumped the bike there now because he had to have traveled with MS bleeding in the truck for a bit. There had to be a lot of blood!

Did he take her close to Polk military base? Him thinking to dispose of her body far away. After he gets rid of the body, is when he sees all the blood, and continues heading west. I doubt her body was left in that truck or even close to that truck. No he wouldn't want his truck if it didn't burn all the way to be close to any body if found.

"MOO" Thinking out loud

Umm...a couple pages back someone did post, saying they hoped if there was any such video if would be released. I was thinking "would you really want to watch that? Why?!"

I said that, I just wanted to know a missing piece of the
Puzzle, just curiosity

Right.. CajunStrong,
So, a person could be hit from behind, but would move forward, WITH THE TRUCK, PAST THE POINT OF IMPACT, and could end up wherever, on hood, next to, behind the truck, if you even want to say that, but BOTH the truck and the victim would have to be in a position FORWARD from the point of impact. Both bike and truck couldn't have stopped on a dime AT the point of impact, as would have had to happen, if you base your opinions on the pictures of the truck and Mickey on bike in front of Circle K.

The still is a snapshot of a video. No one ever said they had stopped. I believe some of the distortion is the dust and whatnot from the point of impact with the bike and Mickey was thrown off in whatever direction. The truck would have come to a stop a few feet forward or out of the range of the camera. Earlier posts suggested he kept going with both under the truck until he got down further. Now I do not believe that.

BBL.

Maybe when I come back I will know what are facts and what are opinions.

I apologize for not being forthright with my information but I am a member of this forum because I have much respect for the moderators and those that are open to all forms of opinion, whether popular or not.

I certainly do not want my information spread all over tiger droppings and it taken out of context. My comments ate meant for this forum only. Which is why I attempted to delete the comment seconds after posting.

Yes but that is not how you stated in in your post. You mentioned something about an intersection. The words were not as quoted. I have moved past it as it stood corrected.

Just thinking on this...
Q. Chief, any better (inaudible) where or around where was she taken.

A. (Partial answer as this is what sticks out to me). Based on what we know from the video .....

Well my assumption would be the one at LGC unless there is additional footage we are not aware of.

I am one that believes that think bike is under the truck and my theory is.. He in one way or other hit the bike stopped got out to check on Mickey and she was ok maybe banged up a little and he offered to drive her home and she was like no way, not happening, he left and she continued to walk her bike home but he was waiting for her somewhere on one of the following blocks and took her. Note this is only my opinion.

Being just a half mile from BWs and 3 1/2 miles from home, you don't think she would have gone back to his house or called a friend at Mels Diner?

This is not what you said in your very first post last night tho. You said the next frame of the video was telling.

I meant that if there was no accident in this still then the police would have waited until the truck was past the road construction sign to take the still snapshot so that we could see the entire truck. In the still released we cannot identify whether this is a crew cab or extended cab. Surely they would want us to have the best view if it is going to be used to identify the truck. I was saying that this was not possible because something did happen and in the next frame there may have been a more obvious accident scene.

New Details about traffic stop, with audio

"Many have expressed their frustration over the apparent lack of information coming from the police department about the case. Mouton said this is done in order to protect the integrity of the case and to avoid the unwanted possibility of a change of venue in Lavergne’s trial."

http://kpel965.com/new-details-about-lavergne-traffic-stop-investigation-process-audio/

eta: listening to audio now. They referred to him as "Brandon Lee Lavergne.......hmm...

says they are still searching BSL's property now (even though they said the search at his house was over the other day) THIS is why I said earlier, I wouldn't suggest anyone going out there on their own. You don't want to accidentally tamper with evidence. Let LE do their job.

truck burned same day reported stolen

Didn't someone post that Nancy Grace will be covering this case tonight on her show?

Originally Posted by CajunStrong We go round and round because y'all keep telling me that the police have ruled it out by the statements made in the press release. I believe some of those statements left a lot of grey area that has not been confirmed. Now one day we will all hopefully know but until then it is my opinion and right to feel that it has not been ruled out. [B said:
I habe not seen any type of press release that specifically states this could not have happened and I am by far not the only one that believes it. I am supportive at all y'alls opinions and I keep an open mind.[/B] I simply want the same curtesy.]

I haven't seen where they have said it has happened either.

That is exactly right. And I have never once implied that anyone said it did happen but thank you for that observation. No one knows what happened as fact until this case goes to trial most likely.

The still is a snapshot of a video. No one ever said they had stopped. I believe some of the distortion is the dust and whatnot from the point of impact with the bike and Mickey was thrown off in whatever direction. The truck would have come to a stop a few feet forward or out of the range of the camera. Earlier posts suggested he kept going with both under the truck until he got down further. Now I do not believe that.

He would have been going FAST to knock her up, leaving no blood at the scene. I see it as plausible. Not sure why this theory is any worse than the others?!

I in NO WAY think she was hit at the stop sign. He was a previous perp, although he doesn't appear smart, he was smart enough to rid the truck, get a new one and lure his current lady?! The LE stated that he was lurking for a victim....why would he have hit her at the stop sign in front of an open gas station w/ people pumping gas?! That makes absolutely no sense to me and there would be no time for clean-up, unless the clerk and patrons are involved in some giant conspiracy :banghead: JMO IMO

Do you know Mickey and/or her family? I ask because you wrote "... seen that girl since she was a little thing...."

TIA

I do not know them personally but my grandmother is a neighbor. And before y'all get to it, no she does not know anything and does not participate in gossip.

I beg to differ. I'd say, in our culture it has become the norm to mind other people's business! LOOK at everyone here, FB stalking and getting the scoop on everything they can get their hands on. This whole cajunnet thing we are talking about....a prime example of people not minding their own business.

If "running man" had seen something, and was running in to tell, anyone else in the store would have heard his story and they would have each told at least 5 people and those people would have at least told 5 more people. It would have been all over town the very next day.

Yes I agree but there are countless accidents where people don't even bother to stop. There are crimes committed every minute in front any many witnesses and no one comes forward. There was a poster here recently y'all might remember that was in a bicycle accident and no one reported it or helped.

It is my understanding from the rumormill that no one was in the store at that time.

1. The scratches on the arm and hands came from websleuths. A poster posted this information as their friend was the person to alert LE of Brandon and him whiting out his sex offender register on his drivers license. On the day of the arrests this person got a call from LE thanking them for the tip which helped them.2. The story of the bite mark on the hand I am unaware of where that information originated. However, in the press conference on Friday a reporter asked the chief if this was true which he answered with no comment/ or cannot comment at this time. For this information go and watch the press conference on YouTube or read scribe notes which is on many articles.

Thank you. Mahouston provided the link about the car sales woman ( [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8118120&postcount=686"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32[/ame] ) but is says nothing about scratches or bite marks. I want to know if that's more speculation (which there's a ton of here) or if it was really observed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3