LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
EGirl, we are not privy to the information as to whether the DWT was a total loss or was extinguished before it was fully engulfed in flames. Hopefully it was extinguished rapidly, but the info released indicates otherwise..

The burners will get cremation chamber's temperature up to 850 F

Melting temperatures of metals

Metal Melting Point (Deg F)
mild steel 2730

How hot does the cremation chamber get?

The optimum temperature range is 1400 degrees to 1800 degrees Fahrenheit for the cremation chamber. This varies with different cremation units.

Bodies generally in the chamber for 2 1/2 hours. Again, no way the truck burned that long at that temp.

Also, with cremation, there are still fragments.

http://caringcremations.com/frequently-asked-questions-cremation-process

have we ever found out if there was a reason for him to be in Texas besides burning his truck? did he have work related business there?

The optimum temperature range is 1400 degrees to 1800 degrees Fahrenheit for the cremation chamber. This varies with different cremation units.

Bodies generally in the chamber for 2 1/2 hours. Again, no way the truck burned that long at that temp.

I was just about to post something very similar to this. I believe that the 850 degrees that was referenced earlier was actually in celsius, not farenheit.

after reading and article with an atty being interviewed, i am assuming the reason Charlie is asking the public to not gather at the courthouse on july 18th is because it would help the defense with getting a new venue for the trial. the defense would be able to use the gathering as "evidence" that BSL can't get a fair trial in Lafayette. so, locals, spread the word about the Shunicks' wishes. they want him tried in Lafayette not Monroe etc.

As stated throughout the thread, BSL has gone to alot of trouble to (try) and hide evidence. He can't stop hurting others yet he does not want to go back to jail (IMO). So, where would one think would be a place to hide a body and think "no one will ever look here?". Just trying to see if we can come up with some more angles.

Yeah, and HE"S playing the victim..."They did it to me again."

Just to clarify:
Some of us have been trying to think about scenarios in which Mickey might still be alive. I doubt that anyone thinks she has been tied up and left alone for all this time. Unfortunately, the other possibilities are just as grim. If this involved human trafficking, for example, she could have been taken to Mexico by vehicle or even flown out by private aircraft. I don't have the stats on human trafficking but there are probably perps who would pay huge sums of money for young women of a certain profile. No one is saying that we believe this happened to Mickey, only that it is one possibility. It is not denying reality, only exploring the idea that there are other possibilities. :twocents:

I just called and reported the information.

Welcome to Websleuths!

I agree with your comment regarding a fair trial in Lafayette. I live in Lafayette and don't think he would get a fair trial here. Maybe up in Monroe or somewhere in northern LA. With social media and the local
Media the public have become well acquainted with Mickey and many of us feel an attachment to her.
Going by posts on this website, many have already found BSL to be guilty and even refuse to examine facts and how they may be looked at differently. I am afraid a lynchmob mentality is already in place in Lafayette with people
Being the judge, jury and executioner without even hearing the case. I came here seeking to help find Mickey and the truth but as soon as there was an arrest many here found BSL guilty right away. I think many in Lafayette have already done the same.

Just my opinion-

If the contributors here are any

have we ever found out if there was a reason for him to be in Texas besides burning his truck? did he have work related business there?

I don't believe this question has ever been answered. If you go the this link http://www.woodgroup.com/contact-us/pages/default.aspx you can view the Houston-area locations for the Wood Group (alleged to be BSL employer). Of the locations in Houston, none of them are located in Spring, TX. The closest location to Spring would be for the office located on Barker Cypress (Alliance Engineering, a subdivision of Wood Group). I doubt he would have been at this office. The location listed on the Katy Freeway is a remote possibility. I believe they have a training facility in this office building. I live about 10 miles from this location and have a friend who works for them as an engineer.

HTH.

Yeah, and HE"S playing the victim..."They did it to me again."

This sounds so much like someone with Borderline Personality Disorder (discussed at length a few pages ago). I know someone with this psychological disorder and every time they get "in trouble" (never with the law), they always become the martyr. "Why do people keeping do blah, blah, blah to me?" Everything they are fingered on, always is someone else's fault. SAD.

Where is Mickey?

I stand corrected, EGirl.. The 1800 degrees is less than the 2700 degrees needed to melt metal.. From prior cases where remains were burned even in a fire pit, it wasn't possible to obtain DNA.

http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/clerk/briefs/2011/801-1000/11-898_AnswerBrief.pdf

Cheryl Dunlap was 46 years old when Gary Michael Hilton kidnapped, and then ..... be the remains of Ms. Dunlap's head and hands. The bones were found in a fire pit at an area known as the Joe Thomas campsite. (TR Vol. 27, page 494). ... The bones were so damaged by the fire that no DNA, not even mitochondrial DNA

I just called and reported the information.

First, I have to say that my heart hurts for you and your family. I can't begin to imagine how hard this must be.

Second, thank you for calling LE. I'm sure the information you've shared will be of great value.

Fellow posters: I believe this person was asking about evidence. If no one has done it so far, would someone please provide links to the time line, news conference - whatever will give him information about the case. We owe it to him to provide the details that we know. Facts only.

I'd be happy to do it but I have a doctor's appt so I'm short on time.

Do you guys think when his hair dresser stated that he had what appeared to be a stab wound, if it still looked freshly cut, or if it was more healed over like what is in his mugshot?

Because if it appeared that fresh, even a stab wound would have been healed to a pretty good degree by June 20th (especially if he sought medical help).
Unless he had recently been stabbed by her, and had her for some time.

May 19th on the arrest warrant said he his charged with her murder being May 19th.
But if that cut looked somewhat fresh on his hair appointment, it makes me wonder if he was stabbed more recently.

I don't believe this question has ever been answered. If you go the this link http://www.woodgroup.com/contact-us/pages/default.aspx you can view the Houston-area locations for the Wood Group (alleged to be BSL employer). Of the locations in Houston, none of them are located in Spring, TX. The closest location to Spring would be for the office located on Barker Cypress (Alliance Engineering, a subdivision of Wood Group). I doubt he would have been at this office. The location listed on the Katy Freeway is a remote possibility. I believe they have a training facility in this office building. I live about 10 miles from this location and have a friend who works for them as an engineer.

HTH.

I am assuming, if SomeGuy is onto something, he may use the excuse that he was visiting his birth family in Spring, TX, when his truck was stolen. This could explain how he had a ride to the rental agency.

As guilty as I believe he may be I am trying to keep an open mind. I have not heard the evidence and there has not been a conviction. Even bad guys have crazy things happen to them.

First, I have to say that my heart hurts for you and your family. I can't begin to imagine how hard this must be.

Second, thank you for calling LE. I'm sure the information you've shared will be of great value.

Fellow posters: I believe this person was asking about evidence. If no one has done it so far, would someone please provide links to the time line, news conference - whatever will give him information about the case. We owe it to him to provide the details that we know. Facts only.

I'd be happy to do it but I have a doctor's appt so I'm short on time.

I believe that all evidence we are aware of is likely the circumstantial evidence he speaks of.

Your posts are valuable and respected. I hope you will be a vocal part of this discussion and help piece this puzzle together. Would you mind if we ask you questions about Brandon, his behaviors and actions relating to his involvement? The admins for WS can verify you as a relative (for credibility purposes). Would you mind, being verified?

Again, thank you and please know that your family is also in our prayers.

We are all together in our common goal of bringing Mickey home.

Someones post seems to think I'm BL's brother which I am not.
I have submitted the form to verify.

About a week before she went missing, Brandon's father had some serious health problems and had to be hospitalized. He was in the hospital for a total of 2 weeks and she went missing about halfway through his stay. Towards the end of his hospital stay it was strange that Brandon wasn't around and when his father was being released and it was strange that he wasn't around to come pick him up from the hospital. Brandon said he was in New Orleans and had been robbed and stabbed and couldn't pick him up so his brother had to. one of his fingers had nearly been cut off.

I stand corrected, EGirl.. The 1800 degrees is less than the 2700 degrees needed to melt metal.. From prior cases where remains were burned even in a fire pit, it wasn't possible to obtain DNA.

http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/clerk/briefs/2011/801-1000/11-898_AnswerBrief.pdf

Cheryl Dunlap was 46 years old when Gary Michael Hilton kidnapped, and then ..... be the remains of Ms. Dunlap's head and hands. The bones were found in a fire pit at an area known as the Joe Thomas campsite. (TR Vol. 27, page 494). ... The bones were so damaged by the fire that no DNA, not even mitochondrial DNA

FWIW... not all metals melt at the same temps. Sheet metal will melt at a much lower temperture, about the same temp as aluminum, I believe somewhere between 1100-1200 degrees fahrenheit. The truck fire may very well have been hot enough to destroy any dna evidence, but I dont believe it could have been hot enough to completely cremate a body, leaving nothing at all behind. I still believe any fire fighter or arson investigater would have seen some human remains. JMO

Someones post seems to think I'm BL's brother which I am not.
I have submitted the form to verify.

About a week before she went missing, Brandon's father had some serious health problems and had to be hospitalized. He was in the hospital for a total of 2 weeks and she went missing about halfway through his stay. Towards the end of his hospital stay it was strange that Brandon wasn't around and when his father was being released and it was strange that he wasn't around to come pick him up from the hospital. Brandon said he was in New Orleans and had been robbed and stabbed and couldn't pick him up so his brother had to. one of his fingers had nearly been cut off.

Thank you for sharing. That is not good. I was truly hoping that a knife would not be involved. Or none of those big saws in the for sale pictures. I was so optimistic until now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kfran