LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
as per the keloid scar instead of suture lines......i know a lot of the times if a wound is not sutured shortly after it happens, sometimes it becomes too swollen to stitch up. so if he waited a while to go to the hospital, say he had to go home and shower himself and get a somewhat clean set of clothes first, the wound may have been too swollen to do anything but clean it.

Yep, that's why I said I'd love to see the ER report. Was he actively bleeding when he went in? Were the wounds clean? Was he going in to shock from blood loss? (apparently not if he didn't need to call for
an ambulance) Did these wounds just happen prior to his ER arrival or many hours prior?

i read earlier on the thread about him visiting his mother, Cynthia, in Rayne on his way back from Texas. Is this true? Also, has she made any statements since that first one on KATC FB page?

exactly why he didn't burn the truck until the pictures were released (as far as we know). I think the police who made the report and told LPD about it, probably had a gut feeling about BSL. You usually remember someones face/name for a reason IMO Just didn't have anything to go on that night.

Def. getting closer to finding her!

Can medical records be released to LE!? Such as the doctor comments, mood, vital signs, other notes, etc?!

Heck yes! They will subpoena those records if they haven't already

Hi Sluthers. I've been following Mickey's thread since I first saw the coverage on NG. I agree with a lot of you on NG, but she does get nationwide attention to cases which can help.

My prayers and healing thoughts are with her family, I hope somehow she is found alive.

After reading the article on BL checking into the hospital I looked up the map of the hospital area and Lafayette.

The map shows that the hospital is right off Jefferson Highway, which is shown also as 90. Someone (sorry, I can't remember who) said early on that the side road of WB leads to 90. If you follow 90 on the map it leads right up to Lafayette, can one of the lovely locals on the thread shed light on this as a possible route?

We need to find Mickey and this is another possibility to look into to bring her home.

Edited to add moo.

makes sense. i guess the bag for clothes only applies when you go in with clean clothes for surgery or to give birth

well then, that biohazard so burn the clothes thing worked out in his favor. the hospital got rid of evidence FOR him

then what would he have worn home? I don't think they would have made him switch into a gown to stitch him up IMO I think they'd only burn them if they had to cut them off, etc?! JMO

Yep, that's why I said I'd love to see the ER report. Was he actively bleeding when he went in? Were the wounds clean? Was he going in to shock from blood loss? (apparently not if he didn't need to call for
an ambulance) Did these wounds just happen prior to his ER arrival or many hours prior?

do you think the media will be able to find out more about this hospital visit tomorrow or in the next few days. i'm sure they can at least find out the time he arrived.

exactly why he didn't burn the truck until the pictures were released (as far as we know). I think the police who made the report and told LPD about it, probably had a gut feeling about BSL. You usually remember someones face/name for a reason IMO Just didn't have anything to go on that night.

Def. getting closer to finding her!

Can medical records be released to LE!? Such as the doctor comments, mood, vital signs, other notes, etc?!

I was watching the news at 10:00 on KATC and they had the police report from NO.

KATC is the only news outlet with this initial police report from the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office detailing an interview they had with murder suspect Brandon Lavergne the same day Mickey Shunick was kidnapped.

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/#fcanchor

makes sense. i guess the bag for clothes only applies when you go in with clean clothes for surgery or to give birth

well then, that biohazard so burn the clothes thing worked out in his favor. the hospital got rid of evidence FOR him

Maybe he knew that was the procedure and that is why he went there. Just logging in after a long time off WS. When he went to the ER were the police called in. I think that would be normal procedure too. tia

I understand what you are saying and where you are comming from. To be honest if it were one of my children that did something like this I am not even sure I could face, let alone speak, to that child again. I know I probably would. I recall watching a documentary with the father and a SK. I am not sure I could do what that father did.

I do stand by my statement that it does not negate what both families are going through.

One family will be remembered for the loss of their daughter. The other family as well must face public scrutiny with respect to what their son has done. No winners here.

Yes, he did not have many people in court for him and I get the impression they were not a warm fuzzy type family to begin with. You are correct, there are no winners. It gives some closure, but, even then it is not over. The families will relive it during mandated appeals and through the news. It has been almost twelve years and states away from here, yet, on occasion something similar will happen and you will hear thier names on the news. Unfortunately, they will have to adapt.

then what would he have worn home? I don't think they would have made him switch into a gown to stitch him up IMO I think they'd only burn them if they had to cut them off, etc?! JMO

someone earlier said they would give you scrubs to wear home?? the only experience i have with bloody clothes and an ER is with a child. i can't remember what they did with the clothes he was wearing from falling off his bike - head injury so lots of blood. but they sent him home in a little pediatric hospital gown. drives me nuts that i can't remember if they bagged them for me to take home or if they kept them

The eligibility requirement for the program is a minimum of 500 acres of contiguous property of which one-half must be forested.
http://wwwprd.doa.louisiana.gov/LaServices/PublicPages/ServiceDetail.cfm?service_id=3252

ok, so by sheburne there are quite a few of these signs, so there's a lot of forested land there that he may of gone into? i can't decide if he used water or land. water seems more likely right until i think about the whole floating unless weighted down thing, so then i go back to land.

Maybe along 975 where they have water close to the road or a turn in near the wooded areas. Just not sure. I really need to take the ride. This guy has been busy!! Murder someone and then file to have ur prior sexual assault crime taken off ur record!!! What a borderline!! IMO

Saw this on another forum. For anyone not from the area...
Whiskey bay is about 3:30 to 4:00 min into the video...

I got car sick! :puke:

And the white truck the person is following HAS to be DRUNK![ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBJ63wRrEpA&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBJ63wRrEpA&feature=related[/ame]

Hi Sluthers. I've been following Mickey's thread since I first saw the coverage on NG. I agree with a lot of you on NG, but she does get nationwide attention to cases which can help.

My prayers and healing thoughts are with her family, I hope somehow she is found alive.

After reading the article on BL checking into the hospital I looked up the map of the hospital area and Lafayette.

The map shows that the hospital is right off Jefferson Highway, which the is shown also as 90. Someone (sorry, I can't remember who) said early on that the side road of WB leads to 90. If you follow 90 on the map it leads right up to Lafayette, can one of the lovely locals on the thread shed light on this as a possible route?

We need to find Mickey and this is another possibility to look into to bring her home.

There is a ton of swamp land along that route. It's also very isolated without much traffic at different points along the way.

Did any of the wounds look newer than the others. If he did get injured during a struggle, then would he be in the frame of mind to self inflict others at that time? Or would he take care of loose ends then worry about his medical needs and cover story. His adrenaline could have kicked in so he did not even realize he needed medical care right away.

I was watching the news at 10:00 on KATC and they had the hospital report from NO.

KATC is the only news outlet with this initial police report from the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office detailing an interview they had with murder suspect Brandon Lavergne the same day Mickey Shunick was kidnapped.

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/#fcanchor

but LE already new about it "Lafayette Police said they knew about the hospital visit in New Orleans, but would not comment further, saying they want to protect the integrity of the case." <---from KATC article and:

http://planet1051.com/brandon-scott...24-hours-after-mickey-shunicks-disappearance/ <----105.1 had this in their article about it all :

The deputy that filed the report told Lafayette Police that he was attacked around 3 PM on Saturday, May 19th and was unsure where exactly the gas station was.

So, I do think that they talked to LPD BEFORE KATC got their hands on the interview. Also, does LE have to file for a police report from somewhere else regarding their case?!

There is a ton of swamp land along that route. It's also very isolated without much traffic at different points along the way.

what about Lake Pontchartrain? locals, what do you think? would that be likely?

Oh, she got him so good:

http://www.katc.com/news/lavergne-questioned-in-jefferson-parish-may-19th/

"He was stabbed several times in the chest, back, neck, and hand."

Soooo, in this article it says:

The report says that's when a white male, with gold teeth, a neck tattoo, wearing a #24 Saints football jersey and a black hat covering most of his face, attacked him without warning. He was stabbed several times in the chest, back, neck, and hand. Lavergne's wallet was also reported stolen, in it was his license and $40. Lavergne then told deputies he drove around until he found the hospital.

I haven't been following this case like many here, but didn't a witness or someone? say his license was altered when he went to purchase the new vehicle?

Interesting and sorry if this has already been brought up.

JMHO
fran

no shouler.png

About 3:40 into the video. This road/bridge indeed has NO SHOULDER!
FWIW! :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member