LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If somehow Mickey is alive, what would be a deal that LE and the Shunicks would accept?

Maybe a 20-year sentence or something for her safe return?

Remember that if she is alive somewhere, they won't be able to prove murder beyond a reasonable doubt.... and if he can tell where she is (maybe with an accomplice or even sold for the sex trade - it IS big in Baton Rouge - then he's looking at kidnapping plus a bunch of other charges, but not murder.

With all due respect, one never knows what can be proven to any particular group of 12 jurors. I have seen decisions that make you want to bang your head against a wall, both for acquittals and convictions. JMO

I am not sure how the family can hold hope that she's alive, sadly, with a murder one charge pending. LE is certain she is not alive, IMO.

If somehow Mickey is alive, what would be a deal that LE and the Shunicks would accept?

Maybe a 20-year sentence or something for her safe return?

Remember that if she is alive somewhere, they won't be able to prove murder beyond a reasonable doubt.... and if he can tell where she is (maybe with an accomplice or even sold for the sex trade - it IS big in Baton Rouge - then he's looking at kidnapping plus a bunch of other charges, but not murder.

If the perp did this for money or trade, that puts a very different scenario into play. He had 8+ years in prison to hatch a plan with an accomplice. I wonder if LE has looked at anyone recently released who did time with BL.

It is very inspiring to know that the persistence and involvement by the community & LE, to locate and bring Mickey Schunick home, is still present after almost two months..
A question that has to be asked is, 'why would Brandon Scott Lavergne, relocate and destroy other incriminating evidence(DWT), in Texas, while leaving the incriminating evidence of her remains behind to be found'?
-------------------

I'm bolding this big time. I've brought up the search for missing Dru Sjodin in 2003-2004 several times, reason being, the intensity of the search for this darling 22-yr.-old woman, went on for MONTHS on end.

I'm drawing a parallel from that search to the search for Mickey, in that the search involved a HUGE number of volunteers, community members, law enforcement, agencies, dedicated search parties, wonderful canines and trainers, etc. over a protracted timeline, and covering huge areas, both on the ground and online, by people like myself. I will not be surprised to know that there are some people who are members here who also participated in that search. The P.I. was the the person to eventually find Dru's body.

I also will not be surprised if Mickey's family and/or authorities are in contact with Dru's family/authorities on this search.

If not, I think they need to be, JMO.

While there are many similarities, there are also many differences, of which, I'll list a few for now:

the climate
the time elapsed
no precedent of similar massive search in U.S. prior to 2003-2004, as opposed to now

So many have posted with my exact thoughts prior to me composing myself to type. The roller coaster I've been on just never ends ..... I can't imagine what the Shunick family is going through.

May Jesus cradle Mickey and her family in his arms.
God bless them with strength.:angel: Love to you Mickey.

What are the chances of the pastor paying BSL a visit and trying to convince him to "Do the right thing/confess/repent/pray for forgiveness"? There's gotta be someone who can get some information out of this guy!

IMO -
BSL is not going to talk to anyone. History has taught him that when he talks no-one believes him. If he remains quiet, in his mind there is a fifty-fifty chance he may win the murder case. If he talks he has then admitted guilt.

I say BSL is a ramblin' and a gamblin' man.

He'll take the risk. He is not going to talk.

I think that his mother could be the one to help in this case.

With all due respect, one never knows what can be proven to any particular group of 12 jurors. I have seen decisions that make you want to bang your head against a wall, both for acquittals and convictions. JMO

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Agreed. If BSL is doubting that LE has enough evidence to convict, he won't talk (unless he has a serious change of heart, or a strong incentive to do so),

On the previous thread (just before the possible grave site info broke) someone was talking about the possibility of using the DP to leverage info from BSL as to where he buried MS (or disposed of her body)...like saying that it would be taken off the table in exchange for info. The poster asked if this has ever worked before? The answer is 'yes'...Gary Michael Hilton lead police to the remains of Meredith Emerson in exchange for life in prison rather than DP in GA.

This also happened in the Zahra Baker case. Elisa Baker took a deal of 2nd degree by showing LE where Zahra's body was.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Zahra_Baker"]Death of Zahra Baker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Agreed. If BSL is doubting that LE has enough evidence to convict, he won't talk (unless he has a serious change of heart, or a strong incentive to do so),

Perhaps he will lose some confidence when that grand jury endictment comes and crack once he knows a little more of what they have on him.

I think that his mother could be the one to help in this case.

I keep referencing BSL's mother's quote on the FB wall. I'm wondering, had she noticed a change in his behavior or unexplicable wounds, would she testify for the prosecution?

-------------------

I'm bolding this big time. I've brought up the search for missing Dru Sjodin in 2003-2004 several times, reason being, the intensity of the search for this darling 22-yr.-old woman, went on for MONTHS on end.

I'm drawing a parallel from that search to the search for Mickey, in that the search involved a HUGE number of volunteers, community members, law enforcement, agencies, dedicated search parties, wonderful canines and trainers, etc. over a protracted timeline, and covering huge areas, both on the ground and online, by people like myself. I will not be surprised to know that there are some people who are members here who also participated in that search. The P.I. was the the person to eventually find Dru's body.

I also will not be surprised if Mickey's family and/or authorities are in contact with Dru's family/authorities on this search.

If not, I think they need to be, JMO.

While there are many similarities, there are also many differences, of which, I'll list a few for now:

the climate
the time elapsed
no precedent of similar massive search in U.S. prior to 2003-2004, as opposed to now

What about Danielle Van Dam, Elizabeth Smart (both 2002), Polly Klaas (1993)??? Chandra Levy (2001)? There had to be a massive search for those girls.

I am a relative of BL. I know that his birth sister lives in Spring, TX, right next to Montgomery county. I also think that his birth mother lives in the area as well. Not sure if the police know about this or not. Not sure if they know he has had some contact with his birth family members, but I know that several months ago he was saying he was going to visit his real sister and mother.

I really want to know more about the evidence they have against him. So many people want answers including myself. I certainly believe he is capable of the crime, but I would like to know more evidence than what they have released, it all seems so circumstantial. I have considered calling the police and telling them about his relationship with his birth sister in the area if there is some sort of connection. I'm not sure why else he would have chose Montgomery county as the place to come and ditch the truck.

When a family member spoke to BL after the arrest, one of the things he said was, "they did it to me again" which i take as him stating that he was wrongfully accused again.

Don't lash out at me I'm not defending anybody just want to know more like everyone else. And i think the reason for the police withholding information is to try to keep the trial in Lafayette which in my opinion is ridicules because there is no chance in hell he would receive a fair trial there.

Just for example:

JMO:

In this case, we have his mom, the mom who adopted him, who cares about Mickey and her family. This I derive from the statements of his mom.

as compared to what happened with:

John Gardner (murdered Chelsea King, Amber Dubois). I believe he also was adopted.

I am a relative of BL. I know that his birth sister lives in Spring, TX, right next to Montgomery county. I also think that his birth mother lives in the area as well. Not sure if the police know about this or not. Not sure if they know he has had some contact with his birth family members, but I know that several months ago he was saying he was going to visit his real sister and mother.

I really want to know more about the evidence they have against him. So many people want answers including myself. I certainly believe he is capable of the crime, but I would like to know more evidence than what they have released, it all seems so circumstantial. I have considered calling the police and telling them about his relationship with his birth sister in the area if there is some sort of connection. I'm not sure why else he would have chose Montgomery county as the place to come and ditch the truck.

When a family member spoke to BL after the arrest, one of the things he said was, "they did it to me again" which i take as him stating that he was wrongfully accused again.

Don't lash out at me I'm not defending anybody just want to know more like everyone else. And i think the reason for the police withholding information is to try to keep the trial in Lafayette which in my opinion is ridicules because there is no chance in hell he would receive a fair trial there.
If you're not sure if the police know or not, perhaps you should contact them.

To Someguy: please call the police and tell them. Please.

Admins: this is my first post ever. I am on my phone. I don't know how to quote him. I tried but got an error. Sorry.

If the perp did this for money or trade, that puts a very different scenario into play. He had 8+ years in prison to hatch a plan with an accomplice. I wonder if LE has looked at anyone recently released who did time with BL.

I think you've brought up a very important point here! He probably has a lot of questionable *friends* from :jail: and LE needs to look closely into those connections IMO and I'm wondering if Tom Shunick is indeed right about BSL having an accomplice in Texas :twocents: We still don't know how he got from the burnt out truck in Coldspring, TX to the car rental place in Spring, TX. If he hitched a ride, then who exactly picked him up and why aren't they talking??? Somebody out there knows vital information and it's not just Brandon Scott Lavergne. Speak up and shame the devil :devil:

I'm still praying he has Mickey tied-up some place and she will be found alive. This needs to talk to LE and tell them where she is already so the family can know!

How could this be so? If she was tied up somewhere, even with food & water, she'd be unable to eat or drink. The only 2 situations I can think of where she may be still alive would be if there is a second person involved who is feeding her or he secured her in a cabin/camp somewhere with food & water, then locked her in and boarded up all the windows. Now in hurricane country you may find a camp with shutters that would make that task easier.

People can't survive without food & water for several months.

Praying for the Shuniks, for LE, for the Lavergne family, for our comminty,and even BSL. May all find some sort of peace and comfort in their lives, and may justice prevail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth