LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is this guy in relation to LE? Is he one of those professional spokespersons like we see on NG, a paid expert? I can't tell from the article where he is getting his information.

Tulane Criminologist, as in Tulane University in N.O. Possible he was consulted.

ETA: love your avatars cluciano

Or BSL had a knife when he was attacking her in his truck (if it all happened by the coliseum & he didn't take her home) and Mickey somehow managed to get control of it & use it against him, if even for a short period. I read in the police report from the 1999 incident that the victim felt a knife being held against her.

As I have stated in my introduction to this site, Mickey’s friends on the FINDMICKEYNOW fb page and on channel 10 fb page commented several times that she was known to carry a box cutter (im not sure if that’s 100% true) but it was mentioned early on in her disappearance. I think it’s creditable so there for im trying to hunt down the info so I can post the link. I think (in my opinion) that Mickey some how managed to get it out or maybe she saw his truck following her (maybe that’s why she didn’t go her original route IMO) and quickly took it out. Whatever the case I think she surprised attacked him (his wound on his neck is straight, like a cut from a box cutter IMO) his wounds were non life threatening but are consistent with a struggle him being the aggressor IMO.

The hairdresser said he told her he got the neck scar on Bourbon Street...whether he was talking about the "same attack" is left to opinion at this point.

If he had been attacked at a gas station, and the neck wound was from that attack, you'd think he'd tell the hairdresser all about it. What reason would he have to lie to the hairdresser and say it was on Bourbon?

Is there any other link to this "Bourbon-St. attack" other than what he told the hairdresser?

Really- why should one be "uncooperative" if they are merely a victim? I think he was in distress that the hospital even called LE, and then had to make up that story on the fly...I don't think the jersey, or the # he chose for it, mean anything and he probably said "white guy" because far too many people blame the anonymous "black guy" for crimes. Maybe he thought it sounded more believable. Who the H knows what goes through these minds.

Think maybe BSL wasn't expecting a visit from LE while at the ER!

I've been keeping up for the most part, and haven't heard Bourbon St. either regarding MS. Think poster is confusing with Jaren's murder.

No, BSL's hair dresser was interviewed and said he told her he was attacked on Bourbon St.

If he had been attacked at a gas station, and the neck wound was from that attack, you'd think he'd tell the hairdresser all about it. What reason would he have to lie to the hairdresser and say it was on Bourbon?

Is there any other link to this "Bourbon-St. attack" other than what he told the hairdresser?

He never in a million years thought he'd be caught.

BSL was working on getting a date with the hairdresser and may have wanted her to think he was a real party guy.

I've been keeping up for the most part, and haven't heard Bourbon St. either regarding MS. Think poster is confusing with Jaren's murder.

I believe that the poster Someguy said that BSL told the family he had been stabbed on Bourbon St and that his finger was almost cut off. The poster said that BSL's father was in the hospital and that BSL stopped visiting and told the family he would not be able to pick his father up at the hospital because of his injuries. I believe it was in the last thread, I will go back and see if I can find it to verify. I think it was Someguy's first post.

I think you are right to entertain the thought.
How far is the prison from her home?

The prison he was housed in is at least a 30-45 minute ride from Lake Charles...it's listed as DeQuincy but it's not actually IN DeQuincy...my bro n law was a guard there for over 20 yrs before he was in an accident transporting inmates from Phelps (the prison) to Charity in N.O...he, the other guard and three inmates were injured.

This is a long shot, but I've been curious about any possible connection between Brandon Scott Lavergne and the unsolved murder of Jessica Hawk in New Orleans. Here's a bit of background for anyone not familiar with the case:

http://www.bestofneworleans.com/gambit/the-murder-of-jessica-hawk/Content?oid=1350151

As per his listing on the Louisiana sex offender registry, Lavergne was released from prison on Saturday, August 9th, 2008. Hawk's body was discovered in her home early on Monday, August 11th. Police have stated that they believe Hawk was murdered either Friday night or some time on Saturday.

Given the time frame, it's hard to imagine that Lavergne went straight from prison to go murder someone within hours. Still, I'm willing to entertain the thought.

Hawk was stabbed to death, and while Mickey Shunick's cause of death is obviously unknown for now, we do know that Lavergne received significant knife wounds. A suspicious person was seen looking into Hawk's windows before her murder, and we know that Lavergne gained access to his victim's home through a window in his 2000 sexual assault conviction.

According to this blog post, the suspicious person was seen outside Hawk's home on Friday, August 8th, 2008. If Lavergne was in prison until Saturday, August 9th, he couldn't have been the person peeking into her windows. However, the witness to the peeping tom episode is famous around town for being a bit kooky, and it's possible he got the dates mixed up. Or, it's also possible that the release date listed on the sex offender registry is off by a day or two. Like I said, it's a stretch, but I'm willing to imagine.

For reference, here's a sketch of the man seen looking into Hawk's window:

http://rexdingler.blogspot.com/2008/08/wanted-for-questioning-in-death-of.html

The drawing and the image that appears in Lavergne's earlier mugshot aren't entirely dissimilar. This is the particular photo I'm referring to:

http://www.katc.com/news/brandon-scott-lavergne-was-being-monitored/

Any opinions?

This may seem really lame, but the description of the suspect's clothing makes me think it's not BSL. It's the white shirt with three inch cuffs. BSL's a country boy. I can't picture him in something flashy.

I don't know if it was Spring, but LE said in the press conference that they knew how he got back from Texas. IIRC

That's my exact point.

I think some folks have said they think he has family in Spring. Did they then make an assumption and state it as fact that he was in Spring?

Has LE NOT said he was in Spring?

You know, I am behind here, but from what I see, IMO we all need to stop what we're doing and try to re-establish what the released FACTS are and start over. I'm feeling like I can't even comment, the last few threads, because people are throwing "facts" all over the place and I don't know which end is up.

Seems like the Cajunnet has taken over WS.??

:confused::confused::confused:

This may seem really lame, but the description of the suspect's clothing makes me think it's not BSL. It's the white shirt with three inch cuffs. BSL's a country boy. I can't picture him in something flashy.

If he was just out he would not have purchased the clothing would he? Wouldn't someone need to bring it to him? I dunno!

Think maybe BSL wasn't expecting a visit from LE while at the ER!

It is starting to smell like the hospital nurses and doctors didn't buy his story and that's why they kept him for observation and called in two different police departments?

It would help me if you found out where the truck was torched at and posted a picture of the site. <modsnip>

Ok, I can try and do that this weekend.
Can someone send me the exact coordinates of where his truck was found? And has anyone read if the investigators are still treating it like it&#8217;s a crime scene? I don&#8217;t want to drive all the way there to have to turn around.. Also, what about searches for her from here to there or do we think he did something to her before heading to TX? :banghead: Thanks

BSL blaming his injuries on an attack on Bourbon St. was being discussed by locals (something they had heard) on another forum before we heard anything about the hairdresser. It could have come from the hairdresser.

Someones post seems to think I'm BL's brother which I am not.
I have submitted the form to verify.

About a week before she went missing, Brandon's father had some serious health problems and had to be hospitalized. He was in the hospital for a total of 2 weeks and she went missing about halfway through his stay. Towards the end of his hospital stay it was strange that Brandon wasn't around and when his father was being released and it was strange that he wasn't around to come pick him up from the hospital. Brandon said he was in New Orleans and had been robbed and stabbed and couldn't pick him up so his brother had to. one of his fingers had nearly been cut off.

This is the post from his relative.

It is starting to smell like the hospital nurses and doctors didn't buy his story and that's why they kept him for observation and called in two different police departments?

In the old cowboy movies he would have had some corrupt doctor to patch him up so cops wouldn't have been called.

I'm wondering if the wounds truly were serious enough to need hospital attention, or whether he purposely visited Ochsner with his assault story to establish an alibi to his family and others for the wounds, and lead them to believe that he had been in NOLA for a few days.

You'd think that he wouldn't have wanted to go to the E.R. unless he really had to.

BSL was working on getting a date with the hairdresser and may have wanted her to think he was a real party guy.

It sounds cooler, not to mention more likely, than his gas station in the middle of the day story...I am sure he never thought the two stories would "meet".

Ok, I can try and do that this weekend.
Can someone send me the exact coordinates of where his truck was found? And has anyone read if the investigators are still treating it like it’s a crime scene? I don’t want to drive all the way there to have to turn around.. Also, what about searches for her from here to there or do we think he did something to her before heading to TX? :banghead: Thanks

I don't think the location has been released.

Thank you for posting that. I found it interesting that LE felt he was "uncooperative" and that the more they asked, the less he said.

They should have asked him to tell his story backwards...like " I went to the store, I got mugged, they stabbed me, I drove here." if he said it, " I drove here, I went to the store, they stabbed me, oh, I was mugged..." that's a lie. A person rehearses they story forward but NEVER backwards...remember when the teachers use to say, learn it forwards and backwards...you would truly know it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member