LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT, but is this close to where the Luling Louisiana Ferry Disaster happened in 1976? I have never been to LA. but one of my cousins died on this Ferry. Apologize for off topic.

I was young at the time, but I believe 70+ people lost their lives. You can Google it, but I have few links,on my pc - mostly from the 30th anniversary. If you're interested in links, PM me here and I will get back to you.

Is this supposedly someone who knew him & saw him there?
Hospitals don't usually refer people to another hospital for surgery, they refer to a surgeon. Did hr reportedly just walk in to the ER?

The poison ivy was so bad they could not treat the cuts? Sorry, but that makes zero sense to me. The only thing I can come up with for that is that the cuts were not bad enough to treat -- whether or not he had poison ivy. In my astute medical opinion, there would be no contraindication for treating "cuts" based on the fact that the comorbidity was the dermatological condition known commonly as "poison ivy". In other words, my BS detector is beeping. I am not sure what happened, but it was not that.

It would be great if we could get a report that has BSL's name on it. Wonder why the report has no name on it and it is redacted? Why release it and say it's a report involving BSL if the name isn't on it. Not sure what to believe anymore.

I noticed that his driver's license number is redacted, too (in the part that describes what was stolen). Made me go hmmmm. Just wondering if they only noted the number down for the record of the reported theft .. or if by chance they also might have run it (since he is described as uncooperative and all) and actually become aware of his RSO status.

The poison ivy was so bad they could not treat the cuts? Sorry, but that makes zero sense to me. The only thing I can come up with for that is that the cuts were not bad enough to treat -- whether or not he had poison ivy. In my astute medical opinion, there would be no contraindication for treating "cuts" based on the fact that the comorbidity was the dermatological condition known commonly as "poison ivy". In other words, my BS detector is beeping. I am not sure what happened, but it was not that.

Cuts older than 8-12 hours are not usually sutured!~ due to infection!

a cut should be closed with stitches within 8-12 hours
http://www.centracare.org/Home/Whatsgoingaround/tabid/14718/Default.aspx

They probably "knew" it was older! A 3pm stabbing and driving around "lost" for hours makes no sense!

I don't think he got rid of her body before the bike, did the police say his gps is what let them know he was in the whiskey bay area? If he did get rid of her prior to the bike the police would have gone to search that place?? I hope you all understand what i'm saying. If they have gps information then they would have used it as a tool to search the places the gps showed. I'm still trying to figure out if gps shows all your stops are just that you were in a certain area?

I don't think he would burn the truck if only his blood was present; anyone can explain their own blood and DNA in their vehicles. Their story might be unlikely, but would be difficult to disprove. No, I think the truck must have retained signs of a violent crime having taken place inside it.

Wondering if there is anyone here who still believe she was under his truck in that photo...

(if she HAD been...would she have been in any condition to wound him, if in fact she did?)

I never thought except very briefly that she might be under the truck -- but I considered her bike being under there a possibility. Still do, I guess.

(this is in response to something eles:banghead:)
EXACTLY! I have to agree with you. Charlie and friends have stated: if you do not hear it from law enforcement or the family then its more then likely a rumor and OMG there are LOTS! Also, KATC-TV channel 3 and KLFY channel 10 are the only news outlet I would even consider trusting and are the only 2 news stations that the LE are leaking any info too

I don't think he got rid of her body before the bike, did the police say his gps is what let them know he was in the whiskey bay area? If he did get rid of her prior to the bike the police would have gone to search that place?? I hope you all understand what i'm saying. If they have gps information then they would have used it as a tool to search the places the gps showed. I'm still trying to figure out if gps shows all your stops are just that you were in a certain area?
IMO an eyewitness saw the white truck in an odd situation (stopped or swerving maybe) and called 911... I believe they "saw" him on the bridge via the traffic cams
Didn't put 2 and 2 together right away!

What better place to stab your attacker than on a bridge with no shoudler?

I'm not buying that the hospital trip was for an alibi. It's too incriminating and doesn't make sense. Since the wounds were so bad they wanted to do surgery and he got questioned for hours about it these wounds were probably pretty serious.

I'm not buying that the hospital trip was for an alibi. It's too incriminating and doesn't make sense. Since the wounds were so bad they wanted to do surgery and he got questioned for hours about it these wounds were probably pretty serious.

They probably couldn't do much that night... couldn't give him much for pain either because they couldn't allow him to drive himself home!
WHY WASN'T HIS "FRIEND" THERE?
Why didn't he call his friend for directions?
:waitasec:

I think this also. IF his finger was almost cut off, he probably held his hand up to block her from stabbing him in the face. Maybe that is when she got his neck. :moo:

The "thrill factor"...think Ted Bundy. He returned to the scene of the crime (I'm talking TB) did even after the body had completely deteriorated...so if BSL pulled a "Bundy" it was one more chance to relive the "thrill/high" or crime all over again. If anyone ever gets a chance to read about Bundy, it will indeed give you insight on BSL, DTL, even JD8...these guys don't change. They take it up to the next notch until they are either caught or they die.

But we are not talking about a body here. We are talking about a truck that probably had evidence in it. It doesn't make sense to me for BSL to leave the truck one day, then go back to burn it another day. Nor does it make sense to burn it one day and then go back to see if it burned.

I read The Stranger Beside Me when it first came out in the 80's.Interesting reading.

Also I'm wondering how long after exposure to poison ivy does the skin rash show up.

Ok, Ive read the report and it is plainly stated that his wounds were "non life threatening" Now I know that you can have a pretty bad gash(like say from a box cutter) and it not be life threatening because the blade isn’t long or wide enough to do life threatening wounds. And this is MO but I honestly think his cuts where from a weapon like a razor blade i.e. box cutter IMO

Just my thoughts: As much as I try to look at multiple angles, and as interested as I am in the human psuche, I do currently believe BSL is responsible. I don't know how calculating he is. IMO he's more reactive. I think he has impulse control issues, hurt MS either deliberately ir accidentally. Either way, he had to cover his tracks. I don't think he took MS to his home. That would be TOO stupid. I think he hid MS and the bike early on. Maybe in the same place (Whiskey Bay), maybe not. I don't think she made it to N.O. I wonder how different the scenario would be if BSL managed to ditch the truck in Mississippi (1+ hr from NO), track back to NO, and then report a robbery/car jacking/assault there. One bad event ("unlucky") for BSL versus a robbery/stabbing in NO, truck theft in TX a week and a half later....I'm rambling but I hope you get ehat I mean.

I can still entertain a notion that this was not, at least originally, a sex offender type of crime.

It's not totally unthinkable to me that BSL might have hit Mickey accidentally, panicked and grabbed her up because of fears of going back to prison, further alienating his gf's family, losing any ground he felt he'd made in attaining a "normal" life. (Not a good thing to do, of course, but still not the same as stalking a victim.)

I think he could have planned to hold her, alive, while he thought things out. But maybe she got a chance to attack him (because of course she would not be wanting to be held captive, whatever his motivation) and he killed her then -- or maybe she died of her original injuries. Or maybe she escaped from him at some point and he pursued, caught up, there was a struggle and he was injured then.

All the things he appears to have done to "cover" could still have seemed necessary steps to him. If he made a panicked decision to seize her in these circumstances, I think there would be no turning back for him later.

I think this also. IF his finger was almost cut off, he probably held his hand up to block her from stabbing him in the face. Maybe that is when she got his neck. :moo:

See that makes more sense to me for him to go to the hospital to get his finger sewn back on rather than an alibi. Do you think mickey may have bitten it?

I can still entertain a notion that this was not, at least originally, a sex offender type of crime.

It's not totally unthinkable to me that BSL might have hit Mickey accidentally, panicked and grabbed her up because of fears of going back to prison, further alienating his gf's family, losing any ground he felt he'd made in attaining a "normal" life. (Not a good thing to do, of course, but still not the same as stalking a victim.)

I think he could have planned to hold her, alive, while he thought things out. But maybe she got a chance to attack him (because of course she would not be wanting to be held captive, whatever his motivation) and he killed her then -- or maybe she died of her original injuries. Or maybe she escaped from him at some point and he pursued, caught up, there was a struggle and he was injured then.

All the things he appears to have done to "cover" could still have seemed necessary steps to him. If he made a panicked decision to seize her in these circumstances, I think there would be no turning back for him later.

I really don't believe there is any chance this was accidental in any way, except that things did not go way the way he hoped. But I also think it was instinctive, rather than planned out to any great degree.

I believe he needed surgery, possibly to his hand (BSL's relative said BSL's finger had nearly been cut off), but the poison ivy was so bad they couldn't perform the surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSI1005