LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For a newer model? For cash to maybe help with BSLs expenses or his mom?

Or to get rid of his vehicle? Maybe he is driving BSL's truck?

Could be! Sounds like if he traded the car the next day he kinda knew BSL wouldn't be getting out anytime soon. Maybe he is gonna assume the payments? It could have been bought outright I guess?

Or a total coincidence!

While I agree with you, I'm surprised that in all the shows I watch, when given the option, the goes for saving his live over death..

There should be some other way to get this info out of a ... (a cell mate snitch often works)

You're so right about that. It just seems like such a great contradiction. They take the life of another, watch them die, but are afraid of death? Cowards!

I just can't fathom it but that's the way it always seems to go down.

Did BSL live alone? If not, who lived with him?

I agree about the St. Landry comment! He would be heading away from the bars, away from University, away from the interstate....what was he doing there? It's very dark there at night...nothing flashy that would make me want to explore the area if I didn't live there. Just a bunch of houses and a dark LUS parking lot.
I was thinking about BSL's fascination with cemeteries when he was younger, and the fact that Brettly's bike was stolen and later found in a cemetery. I personally think BSL's bumping Mickey to abduct her was an impulsive act, but is there any possibility that BSL could have been stalking Mickey?

While I agree with you, I'm surprised that in all the shows I watch, when given the option, the goes for saving his live over death..

There should be some other way to get this info out of a ... (a cell mate snitch often works)

If I were the perp in a high profile case, I think I'd go with wanting the DP rather than LWOP in general population.

DP= 20 years or so of appeals while you hang out in your private cell on death row
LWOP= who knows how many days, months, or years before some vigilante prisoner from Cajunland who is familiar with Mickey's case takes you out in prison

Life seems easier in the private cell for the next 20 years. That's why I have instructed my family that should someone kill me in a murder one case, I would want the perp to get LWOP (and they are to tell the prosecutors/judge this at the sentencing phase). LWOP sounds much worse to me than 20 years of appeals paid for by the tax payers and safely hanging out in a private cell apart from the other inmates.

But it was Brandon himself who described his finger as ' nearly being cut off.' And i think he only said that because he needed a great excuse for not picking his dad up sat the hospital and being there for him. Something like that needs a very dramatic excuse.

That could be. I was just taking SomeGuy's word for it. I have not seen a confirmation otherwise as to whether it is fact or not.

I think we can suspect anything BSL told anybody at any time could have a different motivation than the truth. Even BSL telling Some Guy that he broke up with a girlfirend because he didn't like her drinking so much may have been a lie to deflect the truth.
I know somebody that whatever she is saying is only to manipulate the listeners thinking away from the truth. It's creepy. But it happens every time I am around her. Most people don't see thru it and just take her word at face value. But it is nothing more than a mind manipulation.

BSL has to appear before the Grand Jury? Will they be questioning him?
I thought it was for the prosection to present their case to the Grand Jury.
Can he defend himself and his suspicious actions at this?

yes this is correct, Brandon's adoptive father was in the hospital and is alive and doing okay health wise. Brandon's parents did divorce and his mother pretty much distanced herself from our side of the family so I don't know too much about what she did after that but she did start seeing someone else, I'm not sure if they got married because why would her name still be Lavergne unless his name was Lavergne as well or she kept her name which both i guess are possible. He did pass away however about a year ago.

Hard to keep up with these threads, in the time it takes me to write something there are already 15 new pages of posts.

I can't say anything about the case as I shouldn't have revealed the info about the stabbing in NOLA. after 45 min of the post, every news outlet had gotten medical records and blasted the news everywhere. But I'm willing to answer basic questions

I know it's been said, but I wanted to say thank you as well. It must be difficult for your family.

I'm surprised he'll be at the GJ hearing. Most of the time, the defendent is not there.

In fact, no, the accused does not have to appear. It's not altogether common that they do. No, he can't defend himself at the GJ hearing. They are meeting to lay out any and all evidence that is against him. I doubt if even his attorneys will be able to say anything. They will simply take the evidence into consideration and either a return a true bill or a no true bill. True bill means the GJ believes there is enough evidence to bring him to trial on the charges.

For someguy:
Thank you. I appreciate all your input. I feel that everything you are telling us is the truth as to what has been told to you. I believe what you heard is what you have heard. I do not doubt your authenticity.
But I wonder if the info you have been given, thru BSL and/or others he has spoken to has been the truth from him.
jmho

In fact, no, the accused does not have to appear. It's not altogether common that they do. No, he can't defend himself at the GJ hearing. They are meeting to lay out any and all evidence that is against him. I doubt if even his attorneys will be able to say anything. They will simply take the evidence into consideration and either a return a true bill or a no true bill. True bill means the GJ believes there is enough evidence to bring him to trial on the charges.

Will we be privy to the evidence or is it kept secret?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member