LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. LE has something for a Murder 1 charge as links have stated on prior threads LE feels confident in taking what they have to the GJ. I pray Mickey is found. I dont think he will give up her location. I think it's due to 2 reasons. His last power and control and why implicate himself at this point. Who knows though down the pike when the reality of the DP is on/off the table.

One question I wish I had asked SomeGuy:

Does Brandon ever go to clubs - not to drink - but to see bands?
HAS HE EVER BEEN TO ARTMOSPHERE AND THE LIKE? Or rode horses?

Due to the age difference and how far out he lives and not drinking, IMO this is likely the only way he would ever have met Mickey - pointing more toward a random grab.

I would never say it isn't possible but he doesn't seem like the stalking type. He had an interest in the hairdresser but only had been in a handful of times spread out over a long period. Usually stackers form obsessions with people.

He is definitely a monster because it seems certain that he is responsible for Mickey's disappearance but I don't think he is as evil and manipulating as we give him credit for.

Not long ago, 107.9 interviewed Charlie about the arrest. If anyone hasn't seen it, the station just posted the video interview.

http://1079ishot.com/charlene-shunick-discusses-the-arrest-of-brandon-scott-lavergne/

Thank you for sharing this. I've got tears in my eyes right now..just like my avatar. Charlene is such a lovely person - such a credit to her family - just like Mickey. To hear her say that she loves the Lavergne family and understands their pain too, and that none of us know what happened yet and so Brandon is innocent until proved guilty. (I'm paraphrasing here). Wow - I'm just humbled. Going to take a break right now, dry my tears, and pray for both families.

Please bring Mickey home :please:

You forget that many sex offenders and abusers of women and children are just fine with destroying and ending other people's lives, but they are cowards who will do anything to save their own lying *advertiser censored*. I also believe they like to prolong their sick little power trip by withholding the location of their victims. IMO :twocents:

You are so right, mamacat. It doesn't require a degree in psychology to understand that abusers of children, serial killers, and sexual predators destroy not only their victims lives, but their families, friends, and the community's.

Yes, they are cowards and it is all about them..

Not long ago, 107.9 interviewed Charlie about the arrest. If anyone hasn't seen it, the station just posted the video interview.

http://1079ishot.com/charlene-shunick-discusses-the-arrest-of-brandon-scott-lavergne/

Wow... Talk about grace!!! What an insightful young lady. I can't imagine being in her position, but I'm pretty sure she's a much better person than I would be given the circumstances.... Also, gives me a pretty good idea of the sweet spirit and darling person Mickey is, and no wonder we're all so emotionally involved in this case... If anyone deserves a miracle...
Thx for the post!

IMO it would take a lot of guts to stab oneself in the neck. Unless he has unusual medical knowledge - most people would be very averse to inflicting a wound in this area, in my opinion. I also don't think that he would stab himself in the hand to the point of having to tell people his finger was "almost cut off." It owuld be one thing to make some superficial cuts - another thing to risk crippling himself, which a hand injury can do.

IMO these wounds were inflicted by another.

I think the hand wound was either do to force of him using the knife or protecting himself from a knife attack. I think the scratches were inflicted by another. But I think the stabs may have been self-inflicted, maybe not, but I am leaning in that direction.

There are lots and lots of cases out there where the attacker either stabs or slashes themselves, slits their own throat or causes other types of bodily harm to either provide an alibi or to appear a victim themselves. Many cases. Enough so that it is in the official definition of hesitation wounds.

This is my opinion too and is the opinion I formed after I saw the mugshot with the neck scar. I think she turned the knife on him and he got it back. I think he planned to strangle (remember he tried to smother his wife), but may have ended up using the knife in a rage after she used it on him. I wonder what he did with the knife? Not even worth thinking about. We wil all just be all over the place with that. He most likely hid it well.

Another thing, he HAD to have washed his truck to some degree before Nola, right? Where do u think he washed out his truck?

I think understanding the chain of events would help in finding where he placed her...what do you all think?

Two possible scenarios that I keep tossing around:
House as the crime scene:
If he took Mickey to his house; & crime committed there; including her getting the knife and trying to defend herself then I think that he would have spent more time hiding her afterward on his way to seek medical help in NOLA. At home, he could have taken his time with her and had time to clean up, bandaged his wounds. This scenario would have him more relaxed (IMO) and there would be no reason to panic in disposing of evidence. He could have put her in something he could carry, placed her under his trailer and gone to sleep. If when he woke up his wounds were still bleeding, he could have even waited until dark (8pm or later) before dumping the bike/Mickey/other evidence and heading to NOLA for treatment, arriving around 11pm.
Truck as crime scene:
If the crime and his injuries occurred in his truck, then I think it likely that he disposed of Mickey with less thought and more in haste that same night/early morning. IMO, He would have disposed of Mickey and evidence quickly and as soon as possible following the crime. I think that this scenario lends itself more to panic and quick decisions, based on ease of solution or top of mind convenience, i.e. drop the bike (& Mickey) quickly at Whiskey Bay, take back roads to WB and home and get rid of Mickey somewhere along that route (either to WB or on the final way home that night/morning). If this happened, he would not have been able to self treat and check out his wounds until he got home. And would have been in a hurry to handle these loose ends and distance himself from the area. He would have spent more of the time (during the day on the 19th) to get his truck cleaned in private so that he could take it to NOLA without anyone noticing blood. I think he would have rested some time after getting everything handled. Awoke later in the day on the 19th, still bleeding. Thought about what he should do and made his way to NOLA for treatment.
IMO, I think that he slept after the crime and that is why he arrived in NOLA so late the night of May 19th.

I'm thinking about all of this in an effort to pinpoint where he would have likely left Mickey. Where could she be?

What a beautiful story. Yes I'm an adrenaline junky but there is just some things I cannot stomach. Your story reminds me of one my sister had. My sister is 19 months younger than me. She has suffered from chrohns disease since she was 11, she has been in and out of hospital alot while we were teenagers. She also suffered chronic fatigue and major depression. In October 2006 my sister had spent 3 weeks in hospital due to a flare up on her bowel, and was undergoing a new treatment called infliximab through an IV. At this time I had finished my classes for year 12 and was preparing/studying for my final exams. On the Friday I sat my English exam. That weekend I didn't go into the hospital as I was studying for 4 exams I had the following week (which my sister understood and I had already tried studying in the hospital which was impossible. I remember on the Sunday evening my sister called me crying and I was like what's the matter and she was like I don't know, we spoke for about 30 minutes about silly teenager stuff then my mum came home and I said I'm going to go because mum is home and she didn't want to get off the phone I could tell in her voice but she did (she had spent alot of time in hospital do understood we had to eat/sleep as well and couldn't be there 24 hours a day). My mum (mom) started crying when I got off the phone to my sister and I was like what is the matter and she said that my sister was crying to her and just didn't want her to leave and wanted her to stay the night ( which she couldn't because of my sisters age) and was begging my mum not to leave, my mum had asked her what is the matter and she said I don't know but you can't leave you need to stay. My mum was heartbroken. The following morning(Monday) I had a math exam I went in earlier to revise over formulas and my mum went to talk tothe school about what was happening with my sister. My level coordinator came up to me and gave me forms and said I should apply for special consideration because of my family circumstances and I said no it was fine, I have been able to study and haven't been disadvantaged in anyway. My exam was at 11am. Before the exams we have 15 mintire reading time and then we start writing. During the 15 minute readin time my level coordinator came and got me and asked me to go with her (I was freaking out big time I thought they were trying to accuse me of cheating), I went to her office and as I walked in my mums best friend was sitting there( I was like what?). My mums best friend told me that this mining when my mum went Into the hospital there were all screens up and heaps of people where my sisters room was. ( still to this day she thinks she went to the room so she didn't have to go through that trauma. My sister had a cardiac arrest and they had revived her my mum had to sign a consent form for surgery and apparently my sister was screaming dot give me a bag let me die ( a colostomy bag something that was discusse and he said she refused to get). I was told that I was needed at the hospital because they weren't sure what was wrong with my sister as she arrested again and the doctors didn't think she was going to make it. When I got to the hospital all my family was there ( and I was a bit annoyed that my mum hadn't wanted to tell me sooner due to my exam and I may have missed the opportunit at saying goodbye to my sister). When I first saw y sister in the ICU she was inhubated, and had tubes coming from everywhere I was so overwhelmed. I was holding her hand and noticed on her arm that there was a major bruise and found out that they had using extend adrenalien into the skin at one stage ( eventually this killed her skin and she had to have t cut out and skin grafts and it kinda looks like a shark bite). My sister was put in a coma for 4 days. Those days were hell, my mum was a zombie she wouldn't eat or tAlk it was so hard. When I'd hold her hand it felt like she was trying to squeeze it and I new she was fighting. They still aren't sure as what happened they think she may of had septic shock but are saying it could have possibly been the infliximab treatment and she still don't know. It was scary. After my sister woke up the first words she said was "I died", mum I'm not scared to die, it was so peaceful there were all these people I saw them around me but I wasn't scared. I wanted to stay in heaven my heaven exists ( we aren't religious) but they wouldn't let me stay they said I had to go and I said no, and then they started pulling at her. My sister always says don't ever be afraid to die there is such thing as heaven. I have heard alot of stories about this and I believe them because I know how skeptical my sister is she is not open to ideas unless there is proof. I'm sorry this is OT I thought I'd share my sisters experience. She is doing very well these days and I give her an injection weekly of methaltrexate, which seems to work wonders for her. I am sure glad that heaven wasn't ready for my sister, he's my only sibling, my best friend and I don't know how I could live without her.:)

That is amazing. I will say lots of prayers for your sister! It is easy to be skeptical if you haven't witnessed it yourself. Just knowing our lost loved ones are waiting for us is such a comfort to me.

Contrary to what some believe we do not die alone.

Eight weeks later...Shreveport article

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20120716/NEWS03/120716013/Eight-weeks-later-still-questions-Mickey-Shunick-case?odyssey=nav%7Chead

Alexandria Town Talk article about Wednesday's grand jury

Grand jury hearings are closed to the public.

The jury can take one of three actions: issue a true bill, concluding there is probable cause to charge Lavergne; issue a no-true bill, deciding there is not probable cause to charge him; or delay the decision.

Grand jury findings usually are announced the same day as the hearing.

"I would expect something on the afternoon of the 18th," Lejeune said last week.

http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/20120716/NEWS01/120716003/Lafayette-panel-will-weigh-kidnapping-murder-charges-Wednesday

------------
Oddly enough, I was viewing a movie, comedy, I think, where the driver of a car bumped someone with the tire, to remove the bike rider from the bike.

I have an old bicycle in the garage and have thought about reenacting the scenario to see how much force it takes to bend the rim and dislodge the tire. Now, if only I can find a rider...

A friend of mine, a lafayette lical, emailed me a link to katc website last nite (just getting email today but the article was removed) that a body was found and is being sent for verification. she said they yanked the post soon after they posted it?? so was it a mistake or What?

Any locals know about this yanked FB post by katc?

A friend of mine, a lafayette lical, emailed me a link to katc website last nite (just getting email today but the article was removed) that a body was found and is being sent for verification. she said they yanked the post soon after they posted it?? so was it a mistake or What?

What I saw last night was that a body of a male was found in St. Martinville, and that they were not ruling out the possibility that it might be Dylon Boudreaux. They may have taken it down because people were getting very ugly, to the point where KATC had to post an apology.

Late last night I saw a blurb on CNN saying a body was found close to where Lauren Spurrier [ sp] went missing. Maybe that was what they meant and they put it in the wrong spot.

The post on KATC facebook is still up.

From KATC's Erin Steuber: St. Martinville Police Chief Paula Smith confirms that the body of a man has been found near Capprito Rd in St. Martinville. Police are awaiting an autopsy to determine a cause of death. The individual has so far not been identified, but police are investigating the possibility that it could be 18 year old Dylon Boudreaux, who was reported missing last week. The search efforts for Boudreaux were called off today.

Oh my. I haven't seen anything in the news along these lines here in New Orleans. So, not sure if it's true. Will start scanning sources now. Thanks for the heads up.

Praying in NOLA!

ETA- Just saw BayouBelle's post; thanks for that

I have an old bicycle in the garage and have thought about reenacting the scenario to see how much force it takes to bed the rim and dislodge the tire. Now, if only I can find a rider...

:floorlaugh:

Thanks for the laugh - after reading these posts all morning, my brain needed a break!

Good luck finding that rider!

What I saw last night was that a body of a male was found in St. Martinville, and that they were not ruling out the possibility that it might be Dylon Boudreaux. They may have taken it down because people were getting very ugly, to the point where KATC had to post an apology.

I read those terrible comments. It was awful. Lots of prayers to Dylon's family! Such a sad, sad story.

I have an old bicycle in the garage and have thought about reenacting the scenario to see how much force it takes to bed the rim and dislodge the tire. Now, if only I can find a rider...

I guess you're joking, but if you're serious, and if you can find a volunteer, make sure they wear a good protective helmet and clothing and do it near or on a grassy area to soften the fall. I'd like to try that out on BSL actually - I think he'd make an excellent test dummy. JMO :floorlaugh:

Ok. So they may have found the st martinville boy. Sorry for the confusion. Her link didn't work and she told me they yanked it last night after they posted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3