LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They stated that the truck was badly burnt but they did not find a gps or human remains in the truck. I read the article on here yesterday but i don't know how to do a link..sorry

He may have done the same to MS before he made it to TX. IMO

If she worked at this equestrian center, how did she get to work so far away with only a bicycle?

Mickey had her own car to get around in, but she enjoyed cycling too.

Here's a video of a Schwinn Cutter bike, similar to Mickey's (only I believe she had the gold seat replaced by a black one). The accompanying music is an added bonus, if you feel like having a dance break. :Banane03:

http://youtu.be/Wd9RY4aQbZY

also, just googled the question: how to remove handgrips from Schwinn Cutter and got: "box cutter, figure if your taking the grips off its to replace them with new ones doesnt matter if the old is cut in half"

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5329&start=15

I know the report says 'surgery'. Was it actual surgery that he was put under for or just a simple suturing? If he was put under and had actual surgery I would think he would need someone to drive him home afterward? Could this be the reason for having it done closer to home?
Also someone may have asked and I didn't see it, is poison ivy all over the place around there?

Mr Shunick believes he did not dump the bike until AFTER MS was reported missing with the description of the handle grips. BSL removed them and tossed them in the water hoping they would float away but they did not!

He did it in hopes of delaying and ID on the bike.

Still not sure if he threw bike in the water or on a pile of junk...
It's been reported both ways!

My thought was IF BSL used a heat gun to remove handles bars he may have left an IMPRINT of a finger print in the plastic! Water won't destroy that.

It was never reported from a credible source that the bike was thrown onto a pile of junk. That was a poster who came on here a couple nights ago who said that, and said how welll he/she knew Whiskey Bay, but actually he/she had some geographical facts wrong about the exit. I saw it, but was too tired to rebut it.

The bike was initially thrown into 2-3 feet of water, according to LE reports that when it was found part of the frame was showing, but mostly submerged, accounting for the drop in the water level.

There was various trash around (During my visits I saw pieces of tire tread, rotted fabric, degraded plastic junk, etc.), but the bike was thrown into the water and if it was thrown the night of the disappearance, it wasn't visible.

The handgrips perplex me. Had the perp wanted to help hide the ID of the bike, why not dump them in a trash can in New Orleans, for example? Why leave them anywhere near the bike? Why not permanently separate them from the bike? That has bothered me from the beginning.

ETA: By "2 to 3 feet of water," I mean that the bike was 2 to 3 feet UNDERWATER, before the level fell.

LE seems to know he was at WB, so I assume they know when, and they seem to have said, if I am not mistaken, that it was very soon after the abduction? If so, then he removed the grips, if he did, for some other reason. Maybe he knew by looking at them that they were "custom" or unusual. Still, why not leave them someplace else, instead of with the bike, if so? I hope the grips end up being part of what proves the case, if he was that careless. He seems to have gotten away with burning up the truck pretty much beyond leaving evidence, unless LE is just keeping that back for now.

My thoughts have always been that the bike was the last to go that night/morning, and that he had "finished" his crime and rid himself of the evidence prior to making his little trip to New Orleans. Maybe a nap someplace in between there.

Crazy that it is easier to hide a bike than to hide a body, and yet the bike is found and Mickey is not....

:waitasec:

Lavergne seeks treatment for finger laceration and poison ivy at Opelousas General Hospital. http://www.theind.com/news/10949-lavergnes-lacerated-finger-poison-ivy-treated-at-opelousas-general

It horrifies me to think that this poor girl fought seriously hard, used a knife, and still ended up killed.

I carry a crazy knife when I hike. To think that I could repeatedly stab a predator and still not live to tell the tale, is very frightening to me.

Poor Mickey.

Crazy that it is easier to hide a bike than to hide a body, and yet the bike is found and Mickey is not....

:waitasec:

He evidently took greater care in hiding Mickey...and was pretty careless with the bike, overall. That is part of why I think this is the last thing he did. He may have had a half-formed plan in mind as to where he would hide a body someday, but not a bike.

I know the report says 'surgery'. Was it actual surgery that he was put under for or just a simple suturing? If he was put under and had actual surgery I would think he would need someone to drive him home afterward? Could this be the reason for having it done closer to home?
Also someone may have asked and I didn't see it, is poison ivy all over the place around there?
I doubt he was "asleep". I had surgery on my arm to remove a benign tumor that was fairly large, and was awake for the entire procedure. My arm was numbed.

LE seems to know he was at WB, so I assume they know when, and they seem to have said, if I am not mistaken, that it was very soon after the abduction? If so, then he removed the grips, if he did, for some other reason. Maybe he knew by looking at them that they were "custom" or unusual. Still, why not leave them someplace else, instead of with the bike, if so? I hope the grips end up being part of what proves the case, if he was that careless. He seems to have gotten away with burning up the truck pretty much beyond leaving evidence, unless LE is just keeping that back for now.

My thoughts have always been that the bike was the last to go that night/morning, and that he had "finished" his crime and rid himself of the evidence prior to making his little trip to New Orleans. Maybe a nap someplace in between there.

BBM
Could these be what he was going to keep as his "trophy" but then realized that they could, if found, be what put him away for life? So then he decided he had to get rid of them? And hoped they would float away or sink, or something?

It was never reported from a credible source that the bike was thrown onto a pile of junk. That was a poster who came on here a couple nights ago who said that, and said how welll he/she knew Whiskey Bay, but actually he/she had some geographical facts wrong about the exit. I saw it, but was too tired to rebut it.

The bike was initially thrown into 2-3 feet of water, according to LE reports that when it was found part of the frame was showing, but mostly submerged, accounting for the drop in the water level.

There was various trash around (During my visits I saw pieces of tire tread, rotted fabric, degraded plastic junk, etc.), but the bike was thrown into the water and if it was thrown the night of the disappearance, it wasn't visible.

The handgrips perplex me. Had the perp wanted to help hide the ID of the bike, why not dump them in a trash can in New Orleans, for example? Why leave them anywhere near the bike? Why not permanently separate them from the bike? That has bothered me from the beginning.

ETA: By "2 to 3 feet of water," I mean that the bike was 2 to 3 feet UNDERWATER, before the level fell.

Good point. Handgrips float, obviously. Bike frames do not. Having been submerged in water 6/7 days, what are the likelihood the grips would have popped off, just from being in the water?

He evidently took greater care in hiding Mickey...and was pretty careless with the bike, overall. That is part of why I think this is the last thing he did. He may have had a half-formed plan in mind as to where he would hide a body someday, but not a bike.

Looking at his various movements - and how they were not just random, and how a certain level of thinking was involved, I have to revisit an idea:

The idea that the bike WAS a ruse. If he needed some time to deal with Mickey, then the bike's being found at WB would be tailor-made to draw off public and LE resources. If he DID think of the water level - and saw that it was falling - then the bike actually may have been thrown where it was with deliberate purpose. That would take the heat off so he could better hide Mickey.

ANOTHER question I forgot to ask Someguy: Does Brandon fish/go in the woods/hunt? Or is he a couch potato?

That's a BIG one, and I wish I thought if it earlier.

Good point. Handgrips float, obviously. Bike frames do not. Having been submerged in water 6/7 days, what are the likelihood the grips would have popped off, just from being in the water?

Possible - if air were trapped in the handlebars.

Think about this - Mr. Shunick and his son had a lot of trouble with the first set of handgrips. Couldn't get them on and then a devil of a time getting them off.

Second set maybe wasn't so tight.

It could have been that they were creating pressure while putting them on, and fighting friction when pulling them off.

If the grips were on so tight that the inside of the handlebars had become pressurized - and held the pressure - and if the grips were made of a material that became slightly saturated/slippery in water - they could have popped off/slid off due to internal pressure and the motion of the current... especially if the bike were dragged along the bottom a bit by the current (I believe that the bike was dragged a bit by the current up to 30 feet or so downstream, due to my observations at the site.)

I think it is very possible that it is reliable. I carry a mini box cutter and I don't think I have ever told anyone. I also sleep with a giant butcher knife near my bed and surely no one would know that. Obviously, I watch a too few many crime shows and am a scaredy cat!

I sleep with a mari winsor pilates bar by the bed. It's heavy and will knock someone's lights out.

I doubt he was "asleep". I had surgery on my arm to remove a benign tumor that was fairly large, and was awake for the entire procedure. My arm was numbed.

Doesn't it depend on the surgery? I know there is a hand surgery center near me and they do put people under (asleep). I think it would depend on how mangled the hand was and how extensive the surgery. Like if the cutting instrument severed nerves and such he might be put under right?

Telling where Mickey is equals admitting to the crime, and he is showing no signs of doing that. I don't see it as power so much as self-preservation and an arrogance, thinking that LE cannot prove anything without her body.

Refusing to talk in my opinion equals admitting to the crime too. If it were me, and I was innocent, I'd be talking to everybody and their little dog. I'd ask for a lie detector and anything else that might help to prove my innocence. Oh yeah, he's guilty as sin.

After hearing about his many wounds why weren't his GF and people close to him suspicious? Or perhaps they were? I know the GF's family were. What about BSL's family? Surely there were people talking and wondering???

I remember reading that Tom Shunick was shocked that the handgrips were off because he had helped Mickey put them on, and they wouldn't even go all the way on, so she bought some others and together they could not remove those handgrips to put the new ones on. He said short of cutting them off, he couldn't imagine how they would have been off.

After hearing about his many wounds why weren't his GF and people close to him suspicious? Or perhaps they were? I know the GF's family were. What about BSL's family? Surely there were people talking and wondering???

Apparently, according to Someguy, the New Orleans mugging story was what they were told happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3