LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry MamaCat,
I saw this link earlier today/when it first was posted and sent a quick e-mail to Leslie to confirm. Stepped away from my computer for a while and just returned. I read your post about contacting the independent and checked my inbox.

I was surprised that the reporter got back to me so fast. I sent Leslie the link that was posted on this thread (or the thread before this) about the Spring, TX missing teens. Thanks to the poster for that!

Hi Nola - I'm just thankful that you got a response and I'm glad that you told Leslie about the missing teens in Spring, TX. Great job!!! :rocker:

OT but important. My anti-virus program just blocked malware while I was on WS. Please make sure your computers are clean and protected!

Thanks!
Run the Symantec removal tool for Vundo (trojan). It will let you know if you're infected with it. My computer was infected with it, and Avast kept giving me warnings of malicious URL's when I wasn't doing anything (randomly when I was on "safe" pages for a period of time). It also caused denial of service and I wasn't able to view facebook pages.

Can non locals do anything? Call into a local store and buy snacks, water? If so can you recommend a store that is close for Trudy or Susie to pick up at?

What about ordering cases of gatorade and water thru samsclub.com to be picked up in store? Not sure how that works, if the person picking up has to show ID or the card that was used, but worth checking out.

Was wondering if anyone considered that maybe BSL went to OG before he received the four stab wounds and had to go to OH in new orleans afterwards. It seems to me he would only have had time before the OH visit if both visits occured on May 19.

I'm behind so I apologize if this has been posted, but my husband was a bouncer at a college bar in lsu campus in the late 90s and he turned in the fake ids to the bar owner. Not sure what the owner did with them, but Surely BSL wasn't a bouncer?? That should be against RSO rules right!? Ok so yeah, what in the world was he doing with these id's? He is sooooo guilty if you ask me. OJ and Scott Peterson seemed 20 times more innocent than this fella!

I'm not entirely sure where the IDs get handed off to once they are taken but I'm assuming its the bar owner who maybe turns them over to some LE department or some kind of organization. Maybe the bouncers have to send them in personally or they all send them in at the end of the month? I don't know but I know they get some kind of monetary reward for confiscating them because I've heard people try and argue and bribe bouncers to get their ID back by saying they will give them more then the bar/LE will for taking them.

Another thing I just thought of about BSL trying to change his SO status on his DL. I'm wondering why he didn't just order or try to make a (better looking) a "fake ID". Clearly we all figured out that putting white out on his DL looks really bad and stupid (maybe he is...not so bright). Then again he may not be that tech savvy or know where to find a website like that but I know that many students at any campus know exactly where including myself and acquaintances. I always just figured people would use those websites for being able to buy alcohol but it never occurred to me that people could use them to use a false name/address/lie about SO status which could be used further for opening new bank accounts/housing/travel/renting cars/etc. I know LE and the FBI know about these overseas websites and I know a lot have been shut down/etc but I think the majority of the sales are just from underage college kids who buy them in large bundles with friends/frats/sororities, not pedophile creeps but hopefully they are looking out for that too!

What about ordering cases of gatorade and water thru samsclub.com to be picked up in store? Not sure how that works, if the person picking up has to show ID or the card that was used, but worth checking out.

I spoke with Trudy and made a donation thru a grocery store. I asked if she wanted me to share in the website the store info but she said no, that they should have enough to last a week.

I contacted Leslie Turk (The Independent reporter) to confirm accuracy in the article from today's link. She e-mailed me the following:

"that IDs were found and removed from the home was confirmed to me by law enforcement officials. they would not tell me who they belong to nor would they say how many were located. they also would not say if they were driver's licenses, school IDs, etc."

O/T: Leslie was not aware of the missing seven teens from Spring, TX. She is now.

I find this new info so disturbing that I don't even know how to react. It'll be very interesting to see what comes out regarding these IDs. I was looking on the Missing website last night and noticed there were a lot of endangered runaways out of Lafayette during the last couple of years. So depressing. It also makes me wonder if it's possible that they started out as runaways but turned into victims.

Meaning? evidence in the truck but not on ID's?

I just thought if he was smart and was going to torch his truck, he should have taken those ID's and torched them too!
The fact that he held on to them tells me the were indeed "trophies"
so he kept them.
* alledged ID's...

Was wondering if anyone considered that maybe BSL went to OG before he received the four stab wounds and had to go to OH in new orleans afterwards. It seems to me he would only have had time before the OH visit if both visits occured on May 19.

:wagon:

Welcome to Websleuths, rkot!

I just thought if he was smart and was going to torch ihs truck, he should have taken those ID's and torched them too!
so he kept them.
* alledged ID's...

Aha...very true why not get rid of anything that could incriminate you? Only answer is they were "trophies".. he really must have thought he would not be caught for this murder is also what it tells me... Think we will be shocked as this all unravels and LE has some damning evidence....

Does anyone know if the landfills have been checked with cadaver dogs? Hate to think of it but its surely a possibility.

I just thought if he was smart and was going to torch ihs truck, he should have taken those ID's and torched them too!
so he kept them.
* alledged ID's...

Yes. In a way, I hope this is true because it makes me more confident in what else he may have kept at his home - the knife, her clothes, his clothes etc. he may not have expected LE to search his house. I'm starting to think that he's gotten away with this before, but oanicked after the video- still though was only worried about the truck, NOT his house. This news of the ids if true is bittersweet. Other missing girls may be found. If not that, it certainly shows that BSL has some issues with stalking women. This is good for the prosecution

Main stream media. Took me a while to figure out. Finally did about 2 weeks ago

thanks for that! ive been reading the forum since the beginning and i post occasionally, but i too was wondering!! didnt wanna sound like a dumb one!
:waitasec:

Not what I think most likely, but just to play devil's advocate for a second here: His girlfriend or mom or someone else could have left a wallet, purse, etc. at his house -- thus we might have multiple IDs of one woman, I know it says "multiple women's IDs" but that can be read with a little wiggle room.

The article posted does make it seem that the IDs are the information that has been shared with other jurisdictions -- but it does not come right out and say so.

Again -- I'm thinking something this innocent is NOT the case, but it is possible.
---------------
My bolding. That's not the wording. See the article exerpt below. But I get your point.

I think I'm now more skeptical on this info. because the wording is misleading. We need to get a more accurate account from the reporter, because it is open to various interpretations.

http://www.theind.com/news/10964-lavergne-linked-to-other-crimes-against-women

Among items taken was an undisclosed number of women’s IDs, according to sources with information of the ongoing investigation.

so he kept them.
* alledged ID's...

This is all just supposition, but if he is a serial killer, and if he has been keeping a bunch of *trophies*, can you imagine the horror of any of his victims being shown these, while in his clutches?
It reminds me of a horror movie :what:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member