LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't for one second believe that bsl "accidently came across fake IDs in a bin". His past conviction shows that he kept a trophy of his victim which was the cloth containing his semen. Those IDs ( if the source is true) belong to missing girls/women. Although I've always believed that bsl was a serial killer and when on the prowl as a hobby, I believe we will never know the real number of his victims, and I also wouldn't be surprised if this all started happening before his conviction in 2000.JMO

Ill be skeptical of the ID rumors until it's on MSM. So far LE has been right lipped and had only released info to 2 news stations. Why would they release to a station/paper (whatever it is) that had a not so positive reputation? Personally, I don't doubt the info, especially since every other rumor has proven to come true later, but just not through a media outlet. Also I would think news would spread quickly if those IDs do belong to other missing girls as those families deserve to know ASAP. Time will tell... Hopefully we will have some new info tomorrow.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

I don't for one second believe that bsl "accidently came across fake IDs in a bin". His past conviction shows that he kept a trophy of his victim which was the cloth containing his semen. Those IDs ( if the source is true) belong to missing girls/women. Although I've always believed that bsl was a serial killer and when on the prowl as a hobby, I believe we will never know the real number of his victims, and I also wouldn't be surprised if this all started happening before his conviction in 2000.JMO

bbm: No, the washcloth was left in the bathroom at the victim's home.

Who said BSL found the IDs in a bin? I was thinking maybe he stole them separately from whoever/wherever as they became available. Most likely in MOO is that they are his "trophies" (shudder).

Is this fact now that more sources are running it?

EDIT: nvm just saw that only 2 are reporting it, I know the first one was considered iffy but what about the newest one?

He left the towel at the victim's home. It seems to me though that he forgot it otherwise why would he have had his victim spit and then rinse her mouth. It was a stupid mistake.

I agree though that he did not accidentally come across the ids. I also don't think he was riding around in his truck, saw Mickey and thought, "Gee, there's a girl. I think I'll bump her with my truck." He had a plan and the only random part was that Mickey was the girl in the wrong place at the wrong time. If things fall the way they look, he's a serial killer and rapist. Those i.d.s are either trophies or they are cards that had all the information he needed to find his next victims. I lean towards the first choice.

All this said, he deserves his day in court because that's the right of every US citizen.

Ill be skeptical of the ID rumors until it's on MSM. So far LE has been right lipped and had only released info to 2 news stations. Why would they release to a station/paper (whatever it is) that had a not so positive reputation? Personally, I don't doubt the info, especially since every other rumor has proven to come true later, but just not through a media outlet. Also I would think news would spread quickly if those IDs do belong to other missing girls as those families deserve to know ASAP. Time will tell... Hopefully we will have some new info tomorrow.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

One reason they might do it is for impact on the eve of the grand jury hearing.

Especially if it is evidence that is "flawed" in some way -- say, if it is true there were some IDs found but that the explanation for them actually is fairly innocent. Sometimes to leak sparse info such as that, putting it out there for those who hear of it to put the darkest spin on while pondering it (much as happened when we heard it here), can keep public support for the investigation/charges high. And who better to leak to than the media outlet most likely to "run with" it?

Now, here on WS, I don't think such a leak was needed to keep support high. But locally -- I don't know -- there may be gossip or rumors or support for BSL from some who think better of him than most here do. So "new fuel for the fire" might be needed.

Not saying this is what's happening, but that it could be.

Also possible that the info about IDs was not purposely leaked by LE.

Thanks for posting this! I've never seen this interview before. Makes me see things in a different light. I'd never thought MS was in BSL's house but that makes me think she could've been.
Sure sounds that way. There IMO has to be a reason the alleged perp was charged with murder. Maybe there was evidence at L's residence.m

Is it legal to just make up information though? Maybe they were tipped off by an insider? No matter how much you try to keep information private someone talks, or tells someone who tell someone else.

They need to make the pockets in women's jeans bigger. Stuff keeps falling out.
:furious:

Terrebonne means "good earth" I think.

OMG. They NEED to search this. I have had several dreams, the same, where Mickey and I are classmates, in the dream she is doing her thesis on Pearl S Buck. There is not a whole lot more to the dreams than this. I have wondered what this means. PSB wrote a book called The Good Earth!!!! I never realized the Bayou Terrebonne before reading this.

They need to make the pockets in women's jeans bigger. Stuff keeps falling out.
:furious:
I am totally kidding you! and mean no offense!

Aww.... poor :chicken:!!! Those pockets aren't even
big enough for a set of keys! Go get you a "manbag"!
You'll look like GQ!
WAIT for it....
You never said you got white jeans!
D@ng! You bought the manbag too???
chicken.png :giggle:
You are "styling and profiling"! ~get it?
We ♥ U :chicken: thank you for all your input
and your time !
and don't hate me!!!:truce:

Your story made me laugh!
Maybe you just did too?
Now I feel like an Amazon woman!
I'm a 14 T!!!

All kidding aside... seriously :gthanks:
I'm gonna go :countsheep: now!
C ya at 3:00 pm!

It's a model.
http://www.geeksugar.com/iPad-Bags-Men-7945667

Mickey,
Two months ago today you set out for an evening of fun, good times,and great friends.
With a carefree attitude and faith in the goodness of the people of our community you embarked into the night on a short trip home.
By circumstances not of your choosing, you never made it physically back to a family
who loves you dearly.
Wherever you are Mickey, may your spirit join others of love, of life, of kindness, and compassion and be as one with our Creator, and brightly shine light on and expose evidence and truth in the days ahead. May the people entrusted to bring justice for your loss be given knowledge to make wise, as well as fair decisions.May your family, friends and our community find comfort, peace and truth in the days ahead and may we have your strength,courage,and compassion as we seek and find the cause for your
disappearance.
Two months ago many of us had no idea who you were; since then you have touched the lives of countless people. May we continue to express your love of people, animals, and adventure and radiate sunshine, happiness and joy.

Mickey,
Two months ago today you set out for an evening of fun, good times,and great friends.
With a carefree attitude and faith in the goodness of the people of our community you embarked into the night on a short trip home.
By circumstances not of your choosing, you never made it physically back to a family
who loves you dearly.
Wherever you are Mickey, may your spirit join others of love, of life, of kindness, and compassion and be as one with our Creator, and brightly shine light on and expose evidence and truth in the days ahead. May the people entrusted to bring justice for your loss be given knowledge to make wise, as well as fair decisions.May your family, friends and our community find comfort, peace and truth in the days ahead and may we have your strength,courage,and compassion as we seek and find the cause for your
disappearance.
Two months ago many of us had no idea who you were; since then you have touched the lives of countless people. May we continue to express your love of people, animals, and adventure and radiate sunshine, happiness and joy.

Thank you for your beautiful post, it made me cry. Best post I've seen, would thanks it 100 times if it was possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shachio8485