LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The time has come for possibly many more families to have closure. Thank you Mickey for fighting for everything. Thank you. I have chills all over and I can feel your smile. You win. You win forever. Not another smile lost to this evil monster. So many thank you and so many know. You will never be forgotten angel.

Can someone explain or link to post describing these trophies you're talking about? I have been away a couple days and way to many posts to go thru. Thank you

If BSL had learned from his mistakes of the past the Lisa Pate murder may have never been solved...

If BSL had learned from his mistakes of the past the Lisa Pate murder may have never been solved...

This is kind of my point; he was on LE's radar for her murder back then, apparently, there must be a reason for that. So he must have done something stupid, IMO...or knew her, or was with her, etc...probably just got "luckier" as far as immediate evidence and also the delay in finding her body so they could not establish cause of death. What put him on their list back then, that is what I am curious about.

Someguy-
If you are on line, can you tell us how you are taking all of this? What are you learning about BSL reaction to today's grand jury findings?

We are here for you and know that this must be very hard day for you and your family. God Bless you!

:seeya: Guys, you cannot post a full article. Ten percent only, and must provide a link. Sorry.

Is Atlanta, TX rural forest land similar to where he burned the truck?

There is something important about Route I-49 that people who are not from this area should know. It is the new interstate and the fastest way to get anywhere from Lafayette. It is all smooth paved interstate with a faster speed limit most places. If I was trying to make the most out-of-state miles the fastest to Texas, that is the route I would take. So you know.

I guess it all just depends where in Texas you're going. Living in Acadiana, the only way I've ever gone to Texas is straight on 1-10 west. Straight shot to Beaumont, Houston/Spring area, San Antonio...

eta: Now, Atlanta, TX I see is way up near the Arkansas border, so yeah, the logical route would be I49. But we haven't connected him to Atlanta, TX correct?

Or would the timeline have to do with him being molested as a child and given up for adoption. Not sure which came first. But refer to Kissy's postings on the KLFY link.

http://www.facebook.com/KLFYTV10/posts/419278251445014?comment_id=4577716&offset=0&total_comments=56

Sad Sad situation with no winners.

God Bless you tonite Mickey dear.

Hi mother said she got him at birth.

Who was keeping his prized Lisa possessions and any of the other girls possessions during that 8 year lock up?

Hm...

No one had to know they were holding the ids. BSL could have had a place at his parents' house in the attic rafters, someplace in a shed, who knows. It doesn't mean though that anyone was knowingly helping him.

This is kind of my point; he was on LE's radar for her murder back then, apparently, there must be a reason for that. So he must have done something stupid, IMO...or knew her, or was with her, etc...probably just got "luckier" as far as immediate evidence and also the delay in finding her body so they could not establish cause of death. What put him on their list back then, that is what I am curious about.

They may have found an article of hers at his house.

I haven't been able to find the original article either, but I think it's from 2002

Slaying similarities examined
Five Acadiana murders still open
By KEVIN BLANCHARD and MELISSA MOORE
Acadiana bureau
The Baton Rouge Advocate

The problem is that we need to consider murder cases from 2008 up until recently, as well as some of these older ones, as the chances are high that he is involved in more than the 2 he is presently charged with. JMO
Here's the link to the article. Click on the green name "Patty" and the article will appear. I don't know any other way to show the link.
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/alt.true-crime/oc58dXgNuvA

Or would the timeline have to do with him being molested as a child and given up for adoption. Not sure which came first. But refer to Kissy's postings on the KLFY link.

http://www.facebook.com/KLFYTV10/posts/419278251445014?comment_id=4577716&offset=0&total_comments=56

Sad Sad situation with no winners.

God Bless you tonite Mickey dear.

I saw that comment on FB, but I believe Mrs. Laverne in her public statement stated that she adopted BSL at birth and therefore, I thought the commenter was incorrect about the person she identified as the alleged abuser. Just my two cents.

IMO, clearly there was something in his home that connected him to Lisa; and maybe the same type of thing of Mickey's, either ID as suggested, or clothing or jewelry, etc...I think it is probably ID, just from what we heard yesterday. I wonder if he got a safety deposit box before he went to prison to hold his "personal items" and then retrieved it once he was out. The only other thing I can think of would be DNA linking him to Lisa, but they have had his DNA for a while; did they find something with her DNA? Can't wait to find out...

Thus far I've learned that Pate worked at both Signature's nightclub, a popular dance club in the late 80's/early 90's. It stood in a shopping center which has since been demolished to make way for the Best Buy store, which is near the intersection of Johnston St. & Ambassador Caffery Pkwy. in Lafayette.

She also worked at Poet's, a wildly popular tavern in the 80's & 90's. This tavern was near the intersection of K. Saloom and Pinhook Rd., roughly a mile from both the Vermilion River and Lafayette Regional Airport.

She was a mother of 3 small kids.

Hi mother said she got him at birth.

No one had to know they were holding the ids. BSL could have had a place at his parents' house in the attic rafters, someplace in a shed, who knows. It doesn't mean though that anyone was knowingly helping him.

They may have found an article of hers at his house.

You mean found something of hers back then in his possession? I meant what put him down as a suspect in 1999? There had to be a reason he was being looked at back then. I think they found something in his house linking him to her this time, when searching for Mickey. But I am not sure they even searched his house back then.

Good evening guys, been lurking for a while and just wanted to shard my beliefs and experience with RSOs.
There is a strong correlation with RSOs and a laundry list of personality and mood d/o(disorder). These d/o are most commonly believed to be related to serotonergic dysfunction, i.e. a chemical imbalance in the brain. IMO most, if not all, RSOs have impulse control issues, obsessive tendencies, and sexual dysfunction due to these imbalances; therefore there is no getting better or fixing of one’s behavior. IMO these urges for RSOs never go away, they just learn to control them or are suppressed through pharmacologic methods. IMO if a RSO was successfully “rehabilitated” and reintroduced to society and had a normal life, years later when he was faced with “the opportune” moment for him to offend 9 out of 10 times he would. However, IMO, self preservation will supersede this desire to offend.
Bottom line is these monsters will continue to offend because it is in their DNA, no matter what kind of "program" they go through. They should be marked for life and need to be wired with GPS. We need to push for harsher punishments and the public needs to understand this.

'I disagree unless a prosecution strategy is used as was used in the Gary Ridgeway; Green River Serial Killer prosecution.

BSL. has many unknowns...Serial killers seldom confess...

Bundy DID...right before his execution. He came clean on a lot more of his victims and he remember every tiny detail about them, where they were, names, etc. that's why we went to Florida & took that 12 yr old girl...he knew he would get the death penalty. Read his book by Ann Rule, "The Stranger Beside Me". He worked next to her (Ann) as a phone counselor & during that time It was his "cooling" period. He didn't kill, rape, etc. but when he left the job, he started again, triggering college girls.

With that, I wonder what Lisa looked like? Did she have blonde hair? Was Danielle Thibodeaux a blonde too? Is THIS his type?

It is a very small town, and several hours away from the truck location.

We still don't know anything about the body that was found today in East Texas, but FWIW I'm attaching a map, showing that it's roughly a 4 hour straight drive from BSL's neighborhood - 254 miles north on I-49

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Opelousas,+LA&daddr=Atlanta,+TX&hl=en&sll=33.113687,-94.164333&sspn=0.075773,0.169086&geocode=FZrn0QEdm_KC-inDftUYNeskhjHE4q1cyrvYLg%3BFY5G-QEdfipj-imT0xoXaiQ0hjGyuNNHtah7-Q&oq=Opelou&t=h&mra=ls&z=7"]Opelousas, LA to Atlanta, TX - Google Maps[/ame]

Good evening guys, been lurking for a while and just wanted to shard my beliefs and experience with RSOs.
There is a strong correlation with RSOs and a laundry list of personality and mood d/o(disorder). These d/o are most commonly believed to be related to serotonergic dysfunction, i.e. a chemical imbalance in the brain. IMO most, if not all, RSOs have impulse control issues, obsessive tendencies, and sexual dysfunction due to these imbalances; therefore there is no getting better or fixing of one’s behavior. IMO these urges for RSOs never go away, they just learn to control them or are suppressed through pharmacologic methods. IMO if a RSO was successfully “rehabilitated” and reintroduced to society and had a normal life, years later when he was faced with “the opportune” moment for him to offend 9 out of 10 times he would. However, IMO, self preservation will supersede this desire to offend.
Bottom line is these monsters will continue to offend because it is in their DNA, no matter what kind of "program" they go through. They should be marked for life and need to be wired with GPS. We need to push for harsher punishments and the public needs to understand this.

:welcome4:

Here's the link to the article. Click on the green name "Patty" and the article will appear. I don't know any other way to show the link.
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/alt.true-crime/oc58dXgNuvA

Thanks. I saw that, but I was hoping to find a direct link to the article, rather than a copy and paste. (Am I suspicious much?) But since it's all we have for now ( and since someone else on the google groups site copied and pasted it vertbatim), it'll have to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smcox01