LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean found something of hers back then in his possession? I meant what put him down as a suspect in 1999? There had to be a reason he was being looked at back then. I think they found something in his house linking him to her this time, when searching for Mickey. But I am not sure they even searched his house back then.

In a previous thread, someone mentioned that he was seen in the area where she was last seen IIRC. Will try to find the post and Edit.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8127577&postcount=84"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34[/ame]

Like I posted earlier, those were DTL's victims. But, Danielle Thibodeaux is mentioned in that article and she was not linked with those victims.

Ok but the white truck was bolded and that was seen near one of the victims who had the DNA link...so I think it is reaching to connect that with BL...we know there is more than one white truck, lol...

You can always get a copy from the Advocate archives. Either directly from them or from a library.

Thanks, I know. I mentioned in an earlier post that the archive was the only place I could find the orig article. The forum is moving fast! :rollercoaster:

We would need to figure out if he has always had a DWT.

Also some of these are in 94, he would have been around 15.

Definitely worth looking into though

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

IMO, BSL began his reign of terror at age 16 or 17.. Most SKs that I have researched began between 14-16 years of age..
BSL, reminds me of Gary Ridgeway. Not due to his total victims, but due to his probable activity for two decades, his childhood, military service, hatred of women, cageyness, calculating, creativity, etc...

The bike bump & grab, indicates BSL's creativity by his change of MO, while the extreme use of jurisdictional linkage blindness & other ruses indicate calculation & manipulation. His ability to elude LE, although being identified, imprisoned, and marked as a tier 3 RSO, indicates his cageyness and brazen narcissistic personality/attitude.. BSL's rage was only magnifide by his 8 years served in prison. He held women, as well as LE in contempt for his time served...

'For those who believe, no proof is necessary & for those who disbelieve, no proof is possible'..
Stuart Chase

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Ridgway"]Gary Ridgway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Gary Leon Ridgway
His teenage years, however, were troubled; when he was 16, he stabbed a six-year-old boy, who survived the attack. He had led the boy into the woods and then stabbed him through the ribs into his liver.[3] According to the victim and Ridgway himself, Ridgway walked away laughing and saying, "I always wondered what it would be like to kill someone."

Also known as Green River Gary
The Green River Killer
The Riverman

Born February 18, 1949 (age 63)
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

Conviction

Murder Solicitation

Sentence

Life imprisonment without parole

Number of victims Killings

Convicted of 49, confessed to at least 71, presumed to be 90+

State(s) Washington/Oregon

Date apprehended November 30, 2001 DNA upgrades - There were thousands of POIs & Suspects in the Green River Task Force Investigations - GR was suspected early in the investigation yet passed 2 polygraphs & was disregarded by LE for 2 decades & 50+ victims later.. tragic..

Great sleuthing whodat.... would bsl have been legal age back then...i am wondering about possible paths crossed...imo, he is more of a hunter:stalker), than a pure random killer....

Thanks. He would have been around 20 at the time of Pate's murder.

interesting...here is a partial list of missing or unsolved murders during the time they were looking for the SK Derrick Todd Lee. Obviously some on the list ended up being linked to DTL, and now Lisa Pate (the top name on the page) has been linked to BSL. Wonder how many more will be linked to BSL.

Click here to view link to list

The rape was in April 1999?
Pate disappeared 4 months before her body was found
on July 3 1999?

Am I correct?

Just trying to clarify.

"BSL, had many enablers over the years, imo".. His evil deeds and destiny would have been obvious to those with perception.. They know who they are and should be ashamed for their silence.. We are all witnessing the devastating results of inaction & silence...

Hare Psychopathy Checklist
Hare Psychopathy Checklist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I agree. People close to him may have seen him for what he is, but chose to turn a blind eye, instead making "excuses" for his behavior...ie: adopted, loner, bullied, etc.

OMG; just got home from dinner. Didn't someone post this possible connection upthread?

Why yes someone did. Great job Katygirl!!!

Katygirl posted on July 14:

>>>>Perhaps this is the unsolved murder BSL was a POI in back in 1999?

"Another Lafayette woman, Lisa Pate, 35, was found dead underneath some
boards behind a house near Church Point in Oct. 1999.....
Investigators have a suspect in Pate's death, but he's already in jail
for an unrelated offense, Latiolais said."

This article was written when Dene Colomb was murdered (it's about unsolved murders in the area and serial killers), so BSL would have been in jail at the time....

http://biere.louisiana.edu:2194/iw-s...&p_queryname=4
If that link doesn't work for you, this one may:
https://groups.google.com/forum/m/?f...me/oc58dXgNuvA
<<<<<<

I can't find anything else about her.<<<<<<

Lisa's picture on the news station's Facebook page- she was beautiful. She was 34 or 35 when she was killed, BSL was only 20 in 1999.

I don't think BSL necessarily had a "type" as far as age was concerned (maybe not with other attributes either, we don't know enough about Lisa yet). I think his type is just "female" and perhaps "female and vulnerable/alone/kind/trusting/etc." I don't think for example, it was early 20s-aged girls or something. When I was 20, I thought 35 was OLD. Surely BSL did as well, but he didn't care. He just wanted to take pretty women, any age, who were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I think sometimes we get too wrapped up in thinking all SKs have a type (ie Ted Bundy and all the victims that looked like his mom or ex-girlfriend, depending on who is writing/talking). I think sometimes the type is just female and there at the wrong place & wrong time (especially if we aren't working with someone who has a Bundy-esque high IQ, which most SKs don't have).

Justice for Lisa. Justice for Mickey. Justice for the others (I just feel there are others).

Gary Ridgeway...is an example of "just women" though I do believe his we're mostly "ladies of the oldest profession"; BTK just chose vulnerable people...he even attacked an entire family

Is Atlanta, TX rural forest land similar to where he burned the truck?

I have no idea. Most of rural Texas is woody.

I will be surprised if it's her. I get the feeling she's near his home. He had way toooooo much going on driving around, getting "mugged", having his truck stolen and burned, surgeries.. etc.

and oh yes, getting his arse whipped by a hell-cat on a bike. :)
No offense to MS that's a good thing.

I hope that somehow all this will flush out the Jennings serial-killer.
We need a clean sweep. Too many girls missing down here.

I agree. People close to him may have seen him for what he is, but chose to turn a blind eye, instead making "excuses" for his behavior...ie: adopted, loner, bullied, etc.

Yes, this is true. I tend to remember some poster saying much the same thing here on this board. At the time I thought they were odd, but now it all makes sense.

bundy did...right before his execution. He came clean on a lot more of his victims and he remember every tiny detail about them, where they were, names, etc. That's why we went to florida & took that 12 yr old girl...he knew he would get the death penalty. Read his book by ann rule, "the stranger beside me". He worked next to her (ann) as a phone counselor & during that time it was his "cooling" period. He didn't kill, rape, etc. But when he left the job, he started again, triggering college girls.

With that, i wonder what lisa looked like? Did she have blonde hair? Was danielle thibodeaux a blonde too? Is this his type?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342661566.317183.jpg

Lisa was found on his property? Why couldn't they pursue him as a suspect further? Just because he was incarcerated?

So I wonder how long after the rape before he was arrested for it? I'm assuming pretty quickly since the victim identified him? And in between the time of his arrest for that rape and his incarceration for it he possibly killed someone? Isn't that odd? He must be some sicko! Well we know he is...but wow! Bold!! There have got to be more victims!!!

Is there a link that says that the building where Lisa was found was on the property of BL?

I can honestly say that for a while I wanted to drive home to fuss at LE in Lafayette.

Now I just want to tell them thank you. They made me proud today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne