LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If her remains were skeletal, there is no way they could pin her time of death down to a single day. The only way they could determine that is if the killer told them or it was written down somewhere.

Also, I gather they were not able to determine a cause of death for Lisa, as LE said they presumed it was homicide based on how she was found.

Still wondering about the lapse between last seen and presumed date of death, if anyone has any revelations...

I can certainly ask. I might know someone that may be able to do some research.--

eta- been told that it is not being disclosed if it is known.

Hrm. First thing, BSL served in military at Fort Polk. So he was very familiar with taking I-49 towards Leesville. If you take I-49 now, you go to Shreveport and if you go north from Shreveport but you are trying to get out of Louisiana -- you would go north to Arkansas OR cross over on the quickest highway -- go about 30 minutes or so in -- and then look for a place to dump a body. I have mixed feelings -- but -- have they identified the body in Atlanta Texas? I say that is possible. But he would have had to hide the body and then take that trip at a later date -- like maybe right before he burns the truck.

The rape was in April 1999?
Pate disappeared 4 months before her body was found
on July 3 1999?

Am I correct?

Just trying to clarify.

Lisa Pate was last seen in June 1999, believed to be murdered on or around July 3, 1999 and her remains found in September 1999.

I have no idea. Most of rural Texas is woody.

I will be surprised if it's her. I get the feeling she's near his home. He had way toooooo much going on driving around, getting "mugged", having his truck stolen and burned, surgeries.. etc.

and oh yes, getting his arse whipped by a hell-cat on a bike. :)
No offense to MS that's a good thing.

It almost sounds like he was in the manic phase of bipolar disorder. That's a load of frenetic activity if I've ever seen it.

As for Mickey being a hellcat...The more I hear about his wounds, the more I grin. She fought a good fight. However, that finger wound which was treated at OGH could well have been from him slicing his finger open while dismembering. Pure speculation, but it's a thought, especially if he was treated at OGH after he was treated in New Orleans.

I hope that somehow all this will flush out the Jennings serial-killer.
We need a clean sweep. Too many girls missing down here.

*nods vehemently* I'm beginning to think there's something in the water around here. DTL, Malveaux, Dominique, Gillis, Lavergne, some creep in Jennings...That's way too many serial killers in one area.

I'm more interested in hearing about any forensic trace evidence from that trailer. Several articles I'm reading are hinting at other agencies being involved. I'm willing to bet there are more than three victims, but the evidence regarding other agencies hasn't come in for the others yet.

I've read that Lisa Pate's body was found behind a house on Brigman Hwy in CP. Did BSL have a house there?

I read where she was found underneath some boards in a field in Church Point.

Well, Brandon was charged with 1st degree murder for Mickey and her murder is listed as being May 19, the night she went missing.

So I guess they are assuming the day he murdered them was the same day he took them. He might have a pattern that they aren't telling us.

Personally, I think they might have just ruled Mickey out as being certainly deceased because they can't find her, and they know how Pate was murdered.

I tend to believe he has a pattern, that is why he has been at it for so long, and up until now got away with it. I am very certain he has killed many more.

recognition and thanks should go to the first girl who had the courage to go to the police and bring charges against BSL in the first place (the rape victim)...many victims are too afraid to follow through with actually pressing charges and if she did not have the courage to follow through he may never have been charged and convicted (and served time) in the first place..he may have been able to evade scrutiny altogether. Thanks to her bravery and spirit BSL was brought to the attention of LE, prosecuted and imprisoned (sadly it seems too late for Ms. Tate)...I don't think that violent sex offenders should ever receive bail after the fact...certain actions should never be considered as "rehabilitative"...I don't believe in parole for sex offenders...in too many case the "re-offense" results in an escalation to murder...MOO...

It almost sounds like he was in the manic phase of bipolar disorder. That's a load of frenetic activity if I've ever seen it.

It is nothing like bipolar disorder. This is a creep, who was not very intelligent, trying to cover up a murder. Pure and simple. It has nothing to do with a mental disorder.

If her remains were skeletal, there is no way they could pin her time of death down to a single day. The only way they could determine that is if the killer told them or it was written down somewhere.

I just thought of this - could they have found a journal? With dates and names? Maybe he kept a journal or a log? OMG....not saying they did, but it would help explain the missing in June, yet saying he killed her on July 3rd.
Just my mind wandering again.

Hrm. First thing, BSL served in military at Fort Polk. So he was very familiar with taking I-49 towards Leesville. If you take I-49 now, you go to Shreveport and if you go north from Shreveport but you are trying to get out of Louisiana -- you would go north to Arkansas OR cross over on the quickest highway -- go about 30 minutes or so in -- and then look for a place to dump a body. I have mixed feelings -- but -- have they identified the body in Atlanta Texas? I say that is possible. But he would have had to hide the body and then take that trip at a later date -- like maybe right before he burns the truck.

should someone tip off Local LE that this body has been found. Just in case?

Jessica L. Hawk, a 32-year-old native of Ohio, died from apparent stab wounds, according to John Gagliano, the coroner's chief investigator.
From first comment.

"She was a student of science, philosophy, and literature. She was a renaissance woman. She used to ride her bike from the Bywater to UNO. "

http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2008/08/murder_victim_identified_as_wo.html

This would have had to happen the NIGHT BSL WAS RELEASED from jail!!!
August 8 2008~ August 9 2008...

on a college campus to a woman known to ride a bike seen staring in her window???

The drawing is even similar to BSL from years ago...
No clue what he looked like when he left jail...
[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8144914#post8144914"]http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8144914#post8144914[/ame]

The body was found in her apartment on MONDAY Aug 11 2008

If he did it he was itching to kill again!!!

........ However, if there really is evidence that he is responsible for Lisa Pate's death in 1999, and apparently there was enough to get an indictment, I am not at all comfortable with the thought that Mickey is his first victim since his release in '08. I really hope that LE keeps digging. There may well be others.
BBM

SteveP, I AGREE.
I have a gut feeling that there are more. I hope LE keep trying to connect the dots to solve this horrific puzzle.
May God guide LE to resolve any others.

Prayers for Mickey :angel: to come home real soon.
Prayers for justice and closure for any other crime that BSL did.

For Chicken Fried and others who are holding back tears, this video is for you, worked for me!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deuKdsxdLM4"]"Calling All Angels" to Find Mickey Shunick Now - YouTube[/ame]

Is there a link that says that the building where Lisa was found was on the property of BL?

I haven't seen one. In fact, I thought I had read it, in fact, was someone else's property. I could be wrong and will try to find what I was reading.

Lisa was blonde. It is very strange that police did not pursue that further even though he was in jail. She was found ON his property.

I thought someone posted a photo earlier and she was a brunette ...? (Of course, she could have been both, at different times.)

ETA: (Sorry -- didn't realize when I posted that umpteen others had mentioned this.)

How could LE know approximately when Lisa was killed, as opposed to when she was last seen, if she was not found until months later? That does not even make sense to me...?
Last seen in June, killed on or about July 3, found in October?? Can anyone make sense of this for me? Was there a newspaper with her remains?

My thought is that the autopsy estimated death

My thought is that the autopsy estimated death

It wouldn't estimate the death down to a specific day when the body was found months after death and was skeletal. Generally you will see things like 4-6 weeks or about 6 months. Something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne