LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He also said that Pate WAS killed THAT night.
I take that to mean THEY must have found her/saw her?
THEY didn't advise the authorities...
The people who moved in after them did.
(or Ch moved in with a new bf? and they found the remains?)
Does that sound right?
~see post.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

Then why was her date of death changed from June (the original date when she went missing) to July 3rd or something like that?

I get what you're saying though.
When he said "CH and her boyfriend found the remains" I was thinking he meant the bone remains. But if he means they found the body after he had just killed her on the night the wreck happened and that's why they were told to shut up, then why would her date of death be changed to a month later in July?

Quote from Claire Higginbotham:

She also said that she and her friends were threatened by Lavergne.

"There were gestures of threats. And he made it clear he would somehow get revenge," she said.

REVENGE FOR WHAT?!?!?

Then why was her date of death changed from June (the original date when she went missing) to July 3rd or something like that?

I get what you're saying though.
When he said "CH and her boyfriend found the remains" I was thinking he meant the bone remains. But if he means they found the body after he had just killed her on the night the wreck happened and that's why they were told to shut up, then why would her date of death be changed to a month later in July?

Keep in mind, though, that there was a grand jury in 2008 to try to pin the Pate murder on BSL, and it was inconclusive. Wouldn't CH have been called? Wouldn't she have told anyone?

Are we to believe that possibly during the upcoming Pate trial, CH will now say that she knew about LP's body but didn't tell anyone for 13 years because she was afraid of BSL?

I'm not discounting Laffy Taffy, but if this is what LT said, then I have to draw the conclusion that LT is saying that Higginbotham kept a murder silent for 13 years.

I am new here and have been following your discussion for awhile but have decided to join forums. This case interests me greatly because my wife was the one that was attacked in 99 and BSL was convicted due to her not being scared and pressing charges against him. It has been hard on her hearing all the news about the victim and knowing that it was her that everybody was talking about. It angered both me and her that when he was released from prison she was not notified and a year passed before she even found out he was out. Hopefully this case goes well for the prosecution and he gets what he deserves.

Welcome to WS! There's been a lot of talk of your wife here on WS, and it seems everyone has a lot of respect, admiration and sincere appreciation for her nobility and strength! I can't imagine what it must be like for you two right now with all of the talk and all, but hopefully this note and the ones from others can brighten your day, remind y'all that her courage helped to save many lives and sets an example for others contemplating whether or not to speak up. Thank you guys again!

I always got that she kept the murder silent too. I mean, if BSL threatened her, my guess would be because she knew information about the murder.

But I just don't get how apparently the Landry man is who found the remains, while LaffyTaffy says it was actually CH and her boyfriend.

OK, now a thought:

The reason I'm asking about the timing of the wreck and when LP went missing is that... now the house where BSL's friends lived was EMPTY.

His male friend was dead, and CH was in the hospital.

Maybe now BSL had a playground of his own... an empty house.... and so he took what he did in April to the girl, and upped the ante?

But why be so stupid as to leave the body so close to the house? Why on earth wouldn't he have taken the body elsewhere, not associated with him?

Was he just stupid?

I always got that she kept the murder silent too. I mean, if BSL threatened her, my guess would be because she knew information about the murder.

But I just don't get how apparently the Landry man is who found the remains, while LaffyTaffy says it was actually CH and her boyfriend.

The Baton Rouge Advocate says that the police report showed that Landry found the remains. That's a verified source that I'm going to give precedence.

Pate’s body was discovered by Guy Landry, who told investigators at the time that he found what appeared to be human skeleton remains under a pile of wood on his property, according an Acadia Parish Sheriff’s Office report.

In an interview with The Daily Advertiser in September 1999, Landry said he stumbled upon the discovery while walking through what appeared to be a trail cutting through an overgrown area in his back yard.

“Just a few steps into the thicket, barely 25 yards from his front door, he spotted three boards laid side-by-side and what looked like a bone at the far end,” The Advertiser reported, noting that Landry had rented the home for less than a month when he found the remains.

Keep in mind, though, that there was a grand jury in 2008 to try to pin the Pate murder on BSL, and it was inconclusive. Wouldn't CH have been called? Wouldn't she have told anyone?

Are we to believe that possibly during the upcoming Pate trial, CH will now say that she knew about LP's body but didn't tell anyone for 13 years because she was afraid of BSL?

I'm not discounting Laffy Taffy, but if this is what LT said, then I have to draw the conclusion that LT is saying that Higginbotham kept a murder silent for 13 years.
I think it is possible that CH saw something the night of the wreck. BSL threatened her, if she told anyone he would hurt her. Then he moved next to her to keep an eye other and intimidate her. But I don't see why she did not go to le with her story while he was in jail.

Knowing that the area may be a crime scene where evidence might need to be gathered to hopefully put a killer of two or more women away, these people STILL WENT and trampled an unsearched area after they were
told NOT TO? Hopefully their defience won't destroy vital evidence needed to convict Mickeys killer. What were these girls thinking?

And we sure wouldn't want them to get a bad rash from all the poison oak/ivy/sumac shown on the left bank of the creek..

Hopefully they will soon take the horses in to trample around & do a thorough search of this unsearched area before all the vital evidence is washed away or destroyed by the scavengers of the forests...

Does anyone have the date LP went missing, and the date of the car accident?

I have seen 6/28 thrown around for the accident, I believe.

LP's missing date is not in the Advocate article.

TIA

:)

It was discussed in a previous thread that it would have to be the one in these statistics dated 6/19/1999 in Saint Landry Parish but I don't think it has been confirmed anywhere.

http://www.melissadata.com/Lookups/CountyAccidents.asp?Summary=County&State=22

http://www.melissadata.com/Lookups/CountyAccidents.asp?Year=1999&Fips=22097

Y'know, I don't know either! I may be wrong!

Where was the adoptive dad in hospital?

(And was it the adoptive dad or step-dad?)

I can see we need a timeline because I feel moronic asking these questions....

Step-dad died in 2009. WSer 'Someguy' told us that the adoptive Dad was in hospital and was being discharged. They called BSL to pick him up but he was not able to. It was about the time Mickey went missing.

It was discussed in a previous thread that it would have to be the one in these statistics dated 6/19/1999 in Saint Landry Parish but I don't think it has been confirmed anywhere.

http://www.melissadata.com/Lookups/CountyAccidents.asp?Summary=County&State=22

http://www.melissadata.com/Lookups/CountyAccidents.asp?Year=1999&Fips=22097

Thank you!! :rocker: The location for the 6/19/99 wreck looks right - State Road 95... 3 occupants, one death..

So now... when did LP go missing? That fact is eluding me! It was said that she didn't show up for her son's birthday.

Step-dad died in 2009. WSer 'Someguy' told us that the adoptive Dad was in hospital and was being discharged. They called BSL to pick him up but he was not able to. It was about the time Mickey went missing.

Has any official source said where his adoptive dad was in hospital?

Thank you!! :rocker: The location for the 6/19/99 wreck looks right - State Road 95... 3 occupants, one death..

So now... when did LP go missing? That fact is eluding me! It was said that she didn't show up for her son's birthday.

Just going by memory, which may or may not be accurate, I dont think they ever gave a specific date that she went missing. I think it was reported as mid-June. There was some speculation that perhaps she led a lifestyle such that she was not known to be missing until she missed teh birthday party. JMO

Now... I've heard it said that the rental house belonged to a cousin.
As BSL was hanging out with CH and the male friend (does anyone have the name of the man killed in the wreck- I think I've seen it), it's obvious that he would have said something like "yeah, this is my cousin's house." That's a rural area, and people talk, and so definitely I think - that if the cousin-ownership angle is legit, that BSL and friends knew that.

If CH knew about the remains, it would have to prior to her paralysis - which seems to have been in the wreck of 6/19/99.

So did Lisa Pate disappear BEFORE 6/19/99, so CH would have had a chance to see?

When did she disappear? It would be key in deciding whether CH would have known something. It's not like BSL would have visited her in the hospital and said, "oh yeah, don't look under those boards in back of the house, when you can walk again."

:silly:

Did any of you happen to notice that you've been quoting yourselves all day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas