LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is a little off topic, but rumor has it that a small flooring company in my town hires work release prisoners to install floors in new homes etc? could there be RSO's working for this company?

My understanding is that RSO are NOT allowed on any type 'work release'. I don't have regulations but was always told that.
Sometimes I wonder, cause it appears some parishes have hard core looking guys doing WR. Sorta scary to me. JMOO
:moo:

I don't know but I wish we had a screen shot of BSL's offender page on 5/26 for his vehicles. It may have only had the red car with a tag if he did indeed report his truck stolen 5/26. We have conflicting dates with most sources saying 5/31. Same with the scars. If we knew his data prior to 5/28, could be certain about the scars, too. The truck on it now, is most likely the replacement.
It had the red car and white Chevy Silverado. I don't believe tags were mentioned at all. I distinctly remember no mention of a hand scar, just abdominal scars from surgery. I was looking at the page prior to his arrest.

I could see that, b/c they HAVE to put a date in (from what I understand about death certificates)....it couldn't be left blank. How horrific for the son to have his mother's "death date" on his bday though...a little inconsiderate if they picked it for that reason, scientifically/LE wise...I get it, I suppose :-( Hard telling at this point though.

I think BSL most likely thought MS was impaired, due to the time at night, which would make her an easy target. I don't personally think he was after a "challenge" IMO of course.

I love lurking on this thread, particularly b/c everyone has such wonderful ideas :rocker: Keep it up!!!

From something someone posted earlier (previous thread, I think), it appears the date they found Lisa's body was originally used as her date of death -- poster found it used in Social Security death index or something akin, I believe. So apparently, the July 3 date did come to light as at least a "closer" estimate at some time later.

LE has info we don't have and the searches have been local to Lafayette and surrounding areas; they even called TM back from TX to help, so I feel that they are confident that Mickey never made it to TX, either alive or deceased.

Yes it would be another piece to the puzzle like you state if we could find verification. What I have not seen, but have looked for, is what I call the "meth look". His complextion etc. is clear. Unless maybe he is a casual user.

I'm not at all convinced he is/was a meth (or other drug) user, though not ruling it out. I mostly was just trying to answer the poster's question about whether any drug use on his part would be an OK topic here -- and, as you and I agree, it probably would, if any verifiable evidence of it comes to light.

I've seen folks with that "meth look", for sure -- but then again, I have seen some known users who didn't have the stereotypical look. Guess it depends on length/degree of abuse, and probably other factors as well.

:uthere: Let's get back on topic, folks. Lots of interesting comments here about drugs, but at this point none of it applies to BSL. If I recall correctly, his criminal record is free of drug offenses, and LE has not indicated drugs were a factor in either of the murders for which he's been charged. It's an interesting topic for another thread, but it's starting to derail this one.

:rant:

Thanks, Bessie, I probably started my two cents when you did, but I'm slooooooww typing on my phone.

Thanks, Bessie, I probably started my two cents when you did, but I'm slooooooww typing on my phone.

Same here -- well, not on a phone, but I am kinda slow sometimes on my dinosaur computer. Changing topics NOW.

(never got an answer so if this not allowed then please delete)

this is the newist mugshot of bl, being booked for lp murder. hmm looks like that smirk is slowley turning into worry?

Attachments

• ewwww.jpg
    ewwww.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 86
Same here -- well, not on a phone, but I am kinda slow sometimes on my dinosaur computer. Changing topics NOW.

LOL. When I'm not on the phone, I'm using the kids' slow laptop, which is still world's faster than my Vista based laptop. Always 5 years behind the latest technology, it seems.

LOL. When I'm not on the phone, I'm using the kids' slow laptop, which is still world's faster than my Vista based laptop. Always 5 years behind the latest technology, it seems.

WindowsXP on a desktop with a bulky old monitor -- but hey, it all works! Here in the backwoods ...

this is the newist mugshot of bl, being booked for lp murder. hmm looks like that smirk is slowley turning into worry?
Sorry, MsJules. I missed your question down there.

Yes, you can post mugshots of the perp.

WindowsXP on a desktop with a bulky old monitor -- but hey, it all works! Here in the backwoods ...

All that's needed is a 'working' computer. :rocker:

Prayers for Mickeys family and all tormented by BSL
God bless Mickey :angel: and may she come home soon,

:bedtime: Good night all. ....... Don't let the bedbugs bite. :eek:fftobed:

God bless Mickey, :angel: Lisa and the families affected by BSL.

It had the red car and white Chevy Silverado. I don't believe tags were mentioned at all. I distinctly remember no mention of a hand scar, just abdominal scars from surgery. I was looking at the page prior to his arrest.

The scar on his right hand was mentioned before his arrest. I did a search for sexual offenders in the area and his name was on the list. I bookmarked it because he had a white truck. There were no tags mentioned.

Here's the 3 together.

Attachments

• BSLMugs2.jpg
    BSLMugs2.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 1,966
Here is the best song I ever heard about a killer. It was actually written about the Muslim fanatic who shot the Pope, but it applies perfectly in this case.

Click the YouTube link to listen, because the music makes the words more powerful:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps-e-xQiUm0"]Kinks - Killers Eyes - Patrick Bateman (American Psycho) - YouTube[/ame]

The Kinks
"Killer's Eyes"
written by Ray Davies - 1981

I see so little hope in you,
So much despair,
As I look in your eyes I wonder,
What thoughts linger there.
Life means nothing to you,
At least that's what they say,
But it doesn't mean that you have the right to take life away.
<modsnip>

I'm thinking the pictures of his wounds may have been for something like work excuse, for showing to family, alibi production, etc. -- don't know though.

You and I seem to think alike... and people don't always get what we're driving at.

I was one of the ones who said that the Ochsner visit could have been an alibi.... to explain to his family and employer why he had wounds! Not to explain where he was when Mickey went missing.

The scar on his right hand was mentioned before his arrest. I did a search for sexual offenders in the area and his name was on the list. I bookmarked it because he had a white truck. There were no tags mentioned.

Do you know if you looked at it before the date of his May check-in? (When was that -- was it May 25?) I'm thinking the hand scar was perhaps added then.

You and I seem to think alike... and people don't always get what we're driving at.

I was one of the ones who said that the Ochsner visit could have been an alibi.... to explain to his family and employer why he had wounds! Not to explain where he was when Mickey went missing.

bbm: Yes, I think we do, in many ways and up to a point . (And -- is it US ... or is it THEM?? LOL)

Maybe the shared journalism background...

bbm: Yes, I think we do, in many ways and up to a point . (And -- is it US ... or is it THEM?? LOL)

Maybe the shared journalism background...

Well, I've noticed you trying to be meticulous with the facts and also exploring all options. Sounds like journalism, yes.

An alibi can be for many purposes - not just the traditional one of trying to place oneself elsewhere at the time of the crime!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
N0ShytSherlock