LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be honest and say I'm too lazy to find the link but I do recall Mr. Tom Shunick saying something about how he was surprised that the grips were off because he had to cut a previous set off as they were really tight.

Eh, I guess I won't be that lazy:

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20120716/NEWS03/120716013/Eight-weeks-later-still-questions-Mickey-Shunick-case

Page 5 I believe. But it doesn't definitively state if they were intact or cut.

Brandon was an experienced mechanic. He knew how, amongst other things, to remove old, frozen, rusted-on bolts/nuts from an engine block, etc. A good penetrating oil (PB'laster, for one) works wonders.

The prison warden wrote the glowing letter for him in 2003. In my opinion BSL was afforded special priviledges after this date, if not before..BSL, should be investigated in Jennings, LA & beyond, imo...

BSL was very vindictive and thought he had been railroaded by LE & the Justice System due to the convition for the 2000 rape & the 10 yeas in prison.

BBM
That's what I was thinking. Why did he write that letter?

That list contains names of other LinkedIn members that were searched along with BSL, not those who were looking him up.

I realized that later. I was on the tapatalk app last night.

It's only in your own profile that you see a list of "Who's Viewed Your Profile?"

Brandon Scott Lavergne has pleaded not guilty.

Posted on KATC's FB page.

What a surprise. He pleaded "not guilty."

Oof. Day late, dollar short, blah blah blah.

I couldn't agree more... Of course, posters should be able to ask questions. And to jump off your post, moo, these past couple of days posters have been very demanding and even bossy at times... I know of two posters who have decided to leave the boards because of it... Telling other posters go back and read or demand they answer your questions is telling a poster what to do... How do we know what they've read and not read? Honestly, posts get deleted on this thread left and right... And many of the questions asked today stemmed from the confusion that these deleted posts caused.
Jmo

I hear what you're saying, and some may question the tone...

...but it is perfectly acceptable for someone to question un-founded, un-sourced conflicting information which is being presented as fact by a poster. The forum rules regarding rumor, hearsay, etc. are pretty clear, and when someone continues to assert information, the sources of which are unknown, nebulous, nefarious, etc., it's perfectly fine to question such info.

I saw the exchange in question, and the questions themselves were perfectly legit. I think the poster's frustrated tone arose from the fact that the person being asked the question was simply avoiding answering the question, after being repeatedly asked.

At any rate, I still don't know if that poster ever answered the question. I pretty much tuned them out after they repeatedly ducked the question.

BSL has plead not guilty. According to KATC Facebook page

Quick, everyone who is surprised by DSL's Not Guilty plea raise your hands.

I am trying to keep up with this thread but having a difficult time. Is there a timeline posted anywhere? I would like to see where BSL's hospital visits & his alleged mugging fall in the scheme of things. I'd also like to see a timeline of LP's disappearance/the car accident/body found, etc. This would help allot with sorting out what is going on. I have read for literally hours and cannot get the facts straight. If anyone has put one together, where is it? THANKS so much.

I am trying to keep up with this thread but having a difficult time. Is there a timeline posted anywhere? I would like to see where BSL's hospital visits & his alleged mugging fall in the scheme of things. I'd also like to see a timeline of LP's disappearance/the car accident/body found, etc. This would help allot with sorting out what is going on. I have read for literally hours and cannot get the facts straight. If anyone has put one together, where is it? THANKS so much.

there is a timeline made by megsy. i think it's in the first mod post of each thread. the following are just dates you asked for in your post that i know off hand - not megsy's timeline

mickey taken around 2pm 19th

he said he was mugged 3pm on 19th

we figure he checked into ochsner at 8 pm on 19th

wreck june 19 1999

the chosen DOD is july 3 1999

lisa found october 99

HTH

From KLFY FB - From our crew at the Lavergne arraignment: a trial date will be set after October 9th. That's the deadline for all motions to be filed. Then a status hearing will be set, then a trial date will be set.

Another...
bs.jpg

can someone blow that up a little?

I believe the dates he was in prison are irrelevant. I also found it interesting that the label that is on the hard hat in the photo shown of him is I THINK the same label that was on that white truck on the silver service box. That kept me up many a night and I am glad I finally got that resolved. I think he killed Teresa Gilcrease. I think someone in L/E had an inkling about his nefarious activities and thus created a cover letter saying what a wonderful person he was for CYA- (cover your arse) if he really did what was suspected. That -- or he had nefarious L/E connections because of the small town he was from and his relatives jobs, etc.

I really have to hand it to the citizens of Lafayette and CP. With the internet and other tracking technology and the compassion and concern of the population who finally has something to help them clean up this type of cesspool -- people like BSL will be put behind bars forever like they should be. The dominoes will fall and the world will be a better place. Thanks Mickey. You were the cornerstone and turning point for many families to be able to live a better life. It has been a pleasure writing with you folks.

I think SOWELA community college is fictitious -- but it may be something like Southwestern Louisiana college -- which I have never heard of but hey -- mebee it's new....

If it turns out BSL was out committing all these crimes while he was supposed to be locked up, it is going to mean less freedom for all convicts -- good behavior or not. So when they are actually locked up each day rather than being on work release, etc. they have BSL To thank for that. If it does turn out that he was supposed to be locked up but instead was out killing and raping folks -- those victims families should hire an attorney and find out just exactly the process that allowed a sex offender to be on work release (which I have said all along was the case).

http://www.sowela.edu/

I'm seriously disgusted, and hope that Mickey is found soon!

That list contains names of other LinkedIn members that were searched along with BSL, not those who were looking him up.

This.

Also, it's important to remember that by the time BSL gets out of the poke, all the "Who's Viewed Your Profile?" stats will have long since been flushed out of the system. I believe 6 months is the cutoff date.

Lots of lawyers finagle that, too.

If it's not in writing that they have such & such information, they can say that new evidence has come to light even during the trial.

If it's not written down or recorded, it didn't happen.

It's tough for the other side to prove the opposing attorneys knew something before they said they knew something.

True enough but I hope they don't play those games here. That's the kind of stuff that definitely is brought up on appeal. Now whether or not it would lead to a successful appeal depends on the nature of the evidence and the timing and circumstances surrounding disclosing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000