LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know if the petition was actually filed -- and if so, would it be public record?

Also -- just wondering how often it happens that a 3rd Tier RSO does actually petition -- I mean, is it commonplace? And also, how often it happens that such petitions are granted.

yea, it does make him seem pretty ballsy, right! he's got some nerve. but hey, he got away with other stuff, so I guess his confidence was high.

At any rate, I hope he has been properly assessed for suicide risk.

If we think this case and the search is frustrating now -- imagine what it would be like if THAT happened.

So, did any of y'all find out what the helicopter was all about?

At any rate, I hope he has been properly assessed for that risk.

If you think this case and the search is frustrating now -- imagine what it would be like if THAT happened.

i read somewhere right after the arrest that he was not thought to be suicidal, so was not on suicide watch, but that he was not being held with the general population nor in solitary confinement

Do you know if the petition was actually filed -- and if so, would it be public record?

Also -- just wondering how often it happens that a 3rd Tier RSO does actually petition -- I mean, is it commonplace? And also, how often it happens that such petitions are granted.

3 times I think

"February 2000 he agreed to plead guilty to aggravated oral sexual battery in exchange for a 10-year sentence and the dismissal of a related aggravated burglary charge".
should this read "battery"?
(the wife?)

"While in jail, Lavergne completed courses in auto body repair and served as tutor in a sex-offender treatment program,
1according to an unsuccessful petition he filed in 2005 to reduce his sentence.

2"he filed a petition on May 31 of this year to be relieved of that obligation."
http://theadvocate.com/home/3281915-77/tip-lead-to-arrest-in

"6 years, while in Prison, RSO Brandon Lavergne worked for the State of LA Department of Corrections "
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8119478&postcount=1176"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32[/ame]

Yeah i bet BSL wasn't watched too close!
moo
Can't find the 3rd petition!!

I think I remember his petition having something to do with the registry requirements at the time he committed the offense, but I'm not sure and will have to search for the link.

bbm: please don't go to any trouble, liltexans, for me -- I can hunt it up later. I mainly just thought someone might happen to know a little about the general occurrence of those kinds of petitions, etc.

do you think his petitioning to have RSO removed (however that is properly worded) was an afterthought to Mickey's murder in order to not be noticed as a RSO driving the VOI?

OR do you think that he was planning that all along as if it was on his list of things to do, but he didn't get to it until May 26th or 31st (can't remember the date)?

Someone who can, please explain to me what was up with BSL petitioning to have his RSO status removed (or whatever is the proper way to state what he was asking be done).

He was 3rd Tier right? And that's the most serious "ranking"? Why would he expect for it to just get wiped?

Does that happen often, does anyone know?

Wouldn't there have to be some kind of documentation somewhere in which the reasons (from his viewpoint) why the request is expected to be entertained are stated?

I have no idea because my research found this:Any of the following persons required to register pursuant to this Chapter shall register and provide notification for the duration of their lifetime, even if granted a first offender pardon, unless the underlying conviction is reversed, set aside, or vacated
A person required to register pursuant to this Chapter who was convicted of an aggravated offense as defined in R.S. 15:541;
A juvenile adjudicated for the enumerated offenses in R.S. 15:542(A)(3); or
A person with a prior conviction or adjudication for an offense for which registration is required by the provisions of this Chapter, whether or not the prior offense required registration at the time of commission or conviction, who subsequently is convicted of or adjudicated for an offense which requires registration under the provisions of this Chapter.

http://www.lsp.org/socpr/registration.html#DURATION

RS 15:541 (2) "Aggravated offense" means a conviction for the perpetration or attempted perpetration of, or conspiracy to commit, any of the following:

(a) Aggravated rape (R.S. 14:42), which shall include convictions for the perpetration or attempted perpetration of, or conspiracy to commit, aggravated oral sexual battery

http://http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=79160

What helicopter I missed that :what::what:
Link please

a heli was circling around Laff General for around an hour, possibly more. the poster was maybe going out to check if still circling

so far, we don't know why.

my only guess was filming a movie, but that was before I realized it was in Laffayette. are they filming there like they are in Baton Rouge?

3 times I think

"February 2000 he agreed to plead guilty to aggravated oral sexual battery in exchange for a 10-year sentence and the dismissal of a related aggravated burglary charge".
should this read "battery"?
(the wife?)

"While in jail, Lavergne completed courses in auto body repair and served as tutor in a sex-offender treatment program,
1according to an unsuccessful petition he filed in 2005 to reduce his sentence.

2"he filed a petition on May 31 of this year to be relieved of that obligation."
http://theadvocate.com/home/3281915-77/tip-lead-to-arrest-in

"6 years, while in Prison, RSO Brandon Lavergne worked for the State of LA Department of Corrections "
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

Yeah i bet BSL wasn't watched too close!
moo

I think it was a charge due to his coming in through the window...probably would have been a much longer sentence.

a heli was circling around Laff General for around an hour, possibly more. the poster was maybe going out to check if still circling

so far, we don't know why.

my only guess was filming a movie, but that was before I realized it was in Laffayette. are they filming there like they are in Baton Rouge?

Maybe a local could call up a news station...they might know.
(I doubt it is related to Mickey, though.)

I had a brief text conversation with one of the search volunteers this evening. She said that they have searched 100,000+acres in the last 12 days. She said she is very tired but it is worth it.

do you think his petitioning to have RSO removed (however that is properly worded) was an afterthought to Mickey's murder in order to not be noticed as a RSO driving the VOI?

OR do you think that he was planning that all along as if it was on his list of things to do, but he didn't get to it until May 26th or 31st (can't remember the date)?

Definitely because of Mickey IMO. He filed the petition on May 31st. I don't think that's a coincidence.

I think that's a mighty good question. If it was the first -- it sure seems like he was sticking himself right into the glare of the spotlight to get out of the spotlight, doesn't it?

Maybe the second option, then -- uh, but same principle sort of applies there, too, because, ummm, wouldn't it make sense to hold off for a bit, under the circumstances? Or maybe, at that point, he really thought he was "home free".

BSL, last I heard, is not on suicide watch, correct?

I deleted my post in response to this question. It was a flippant remark that in hindsight, I didnt feel I had a right to make..

I have no idea because my research found this:Any of the following persons required to register pursuant to this Chapter shall register and provide notification for the duration of their lifetime, even if granted a first offender pardon, unless the underlying conviction is reversed, set aside, or vacated
A person required to register pursuant to this Chapter who was convicted of an aggravated offense as defined in R.S. 15:541;
A juvenile adjudicated for the enumerated offenses in R.S. 15:542(A)(3); or
A person with a prior conviction or adjudication for an offense for which registration is required by the provisions of this Chapter, whether or not the prior offense required registration at the time of commission or conviction, who subsequently is convicted of or adjudicated for an offense which requires registration under the provisions of this Chapter.

http://www.lsp.org/socpr/registration.html#DURATION

RS 15:541 (2) "Aggravated offense" means a conviction for the perpetration or attempted perpetration of, or conspiracy to commit, any of the following:

(a) Aggravated rape (R.S. 14:42), which shall include convictions for the perpetration or attempted perpetration of, or conspiracy to commit, aggravated oral sexual battery

http://http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=79160

It is just hard for me to see how his hope to be removed/excused from registering, etc., was a realistic expectation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member