LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, there isn't. Her BIL though helped get the ball rolling on BSL's arrest. When the trial starts, you'll likely see her name in lots of the MSM.

Welcome! I'm so sorry your daughter and your family were put through such a terrible ordeal. Thank God she was found alive. Prayers for her continued recovery.

Actually there was a news article that came out shortly after his arrest stating that his girlfriend had been brought in for questioning.

I think the Brittney Wood case beats this one by a landslide as far as twists, turns and plain WTFery is concerned, but that case doesn't have nearly the amount of locals as this one. In LA, if you mess with one person, you done messed with the whole dang state.

bbm

True dat!!!

I think the Brittney Wood case beats this one by a landslide as far as twists, turns and plain WTFery is concerned, but that case doesn't have nearly the amount of locals as this one. In LA, if you mess with one person, you done messed with the whole dang state.

This can't be the only missing person case in the state of LA recently. But yet it's this particular case that has drawn such a huge outpouring. Is it because it took place in the smaller town of Lafayette vs. say NO? Is it because she was actually caught on video before she went missing?

I'm just interested in what made locals come out in droves in this case versus the many others that we see. It can't be just because it took place in LA because surely there are other missing persons cases in LA with not half the interest as this case has.

Can someone set me straight? Did I miss a big clue? When BSL went to OPGS for surgery on a finger, was it the same day as going to NOLA hospital. Makes me wonder how he got an additional injury, or did he reopen a previous wound. I don't want to seem harsh, but could he have gotten the injury while doing "surgery" on his victim in order to better conceal his deed? If this would be the case I don't believe "evidence" will ever be found. Disregard this if a previous post explained his finger surgery.

We're not a brilliant people... as a whole, less educated than many other states.

But we have common sense, tenacity, courage, joie de vivre, ingenuity, creativity, strong sense of community, and heart.

Mess with one of us - you just opened up a can of WhoDat on yourself. :worms:

Here are two common Cajun slang terms we could apply to BSL:

"Canaille" (kun-NIGH): Crafty and sneaky.
Or so he thought.

Here's another one:

"Coullion" (COO-yon): DUMB-A$$.
He thought the CajunNet wouldn't catch up with him.

Must not be pure Cajun, dat one!!!

:jail:

Actually there was a news article that came out shortly after his arrest stating that his girlfriend had been brought in for questioning.

That is correct from what I am being told. I was also told that they questioned her on some very disturbing items found in the trailer that had her really shaken up. Her nor her family will be talking to reporters any time soon.

CajunLady75 -- I suppose it's silly for me to ask if the items found in the trailer were released to the general public? I can't imagine they were, but I gotta ask.

This can't be the only missing person case in the state of LA recently. But yet it's this particular case that has drawn such a huge outpouring. Is it because it took place in the smaller town of Lafayette vs. say NO? Is it because she was actually caught on video before she went missing?

I'm just interested in what made locals come out in droves in this case versus the many others that we see. It can't be just because it took place in LA because surely there are other missing persons cases in LA with not half the interest as this case has.

In my opinion, part of the reason is that Lafayette has been described by many as a big, small town. There's a lot of heart here, and a lot of genuinely warm, caring people. There's still an old-fashioned sense of community here that's sadly missing in so many places in America now. Despite our problems, I still think it's a good place to raise kids. Folks watch out for each other, and get involved to help, more than most other places I've seen. After Hurricane Katrina, I saw locals with pickups and boats heading to NOLA before the winds died down. Same after Hurricane Rita....the sheriff got on the radio and TV and asked anyone with a boat to come help. The federal government didn't have to help - we took care of our own. The Cajun flotilla headed out to rescue people in Cameron and other low-lying areas, before the waves subsided. People still care here in Lafayette.

Just my humble opinion.

I think one of the big things that made this case different was her family/friends getting the word out there and making sure it stayed out there whether it was social media, flyers, volunteer searches, word of mouth, or interviews, these ppl were out there EVERYDAY looking for answers. They never let the story die. So very proud to be from such an awesome community that ppl have come together to help their fellow neighbor in need.

CajunLady75 -- I suppose it's silly for me to ask if the items found in the trailer were released to the general public? I can't imagine they were, but I gotta ask.

No they were not & I don't think they will be anytime soon. Probably not until trial. I just have a LOT of close connections to this case and have been hearing things almost daily. I just hope & pray that the info I am hearing is correct then we will no longer have to worry about him EVER walking the streets again. And I pray Mickey is brought home so her family can get closure & start to put their lives back together.

No they were not & I don't think they will be anytime soon. Probably not until trial. I just have a LOT of close connections to this case and have been hearing things almost daily. I just hope & pray that the info I am hearing is correct then we will no longer have to worry about him EVER walking the streets again. And I pray Mickey is brought home so her family can get closure & start to put their lives back together.

Would you say that the things they found in the trailer were what allowed them to finally nail him?

Would you say that the things they found in the trailer were what allowed them to finally nail him?

From what I understand, YES. Definitely a BIG part of it. I am not saying it is fact, I guess you could say part of the Cajunnet, but I have heard from several ppl (not related), and got the same story which is odd in itself seeing as how the story changes so fast on the Cajunnet. And a couple of these ppl are directly tied to the case.

In addition: But remember they had arrested him before the search so they also had other evidence to tie him to MS, just think it was definitely the nail in the coffin as they say, & definitely helped with LP.

The more I think about what must have happened that night with Mickey, I think that everything went wrong for BL as soon as Mickey was in the truck...and he that he was probably frenzied and panicked by the time he dumped the bike and got rid of Mickey, due to his injuries, if indeed they came from a struggle with her. If so, I am thinking he probably did not go to any great lengths in concealing her but did whatever was easiest for him, yet still relatively "secure."

I still think it is possible she was put in water at or near the site of the bike. I can't help listening to Tim Miller, as he has said this twice, that she could have been put there and they would never know. So in his mind, that location is not "cleared." I just can't imagine he would want to stop numerous times-he must have been sweating adrenaline by this time, probably desperate to get home, clean up enough to go to the hospital and maybe get some sleep.

Anyway...even if he just left her in a weed-covered ditch or gully, it doesn't make it any easier to find her, unless they look in the right ditch or gully...I remember Michele Le's body was not well-hidden and was near an area that had been generally searched, yet she was not found for a few months and only by a dog- walker by chance.

I hope she did not end up in the Bay, as I doubt she will be found, if so. If she is on land, there is a chance.

I think she is on land...

One of the things I'd be curious to know about, but cannot find any statistics on - how often do abductors hide their victims near something they can use as a reference point in order to remember where they hid the body?

On my twitter feed ... Harson says trials may be combined.

Good Morning...

Do we know when Brandon went back to work after the abduction? How much time did he have to cover his tracks before going back to work in the Gulf of Mexico? Do we know? I'm wondering if he relocated MS during his time off.

Anyone?

Can someone set me straight? Did I miss a big clue?
Makes me wonder how he got an additional injury, or did he reopen a previous wound. I don't want to seem harsh, but could he have gotten the injury while doing "surgery" on his victim in order to better conceal his deed? If this would be the case I don't believe "evidence" will ever be found. Disregard this if a previous post explained his finger surgery.

I'm not sure if we know the date he got surgery in Opelousas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub