LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So after all these threads and all these weeks...am I still the only one who feels like the EFB might have burned the body?

Fire seems like his go-to solution for damn near everything.

Is there any way to check about fires reported in the area that night?

No where on his resume did I read rapist...

Sorry, that just infuriates me that this thing was educated for free to get a decent enough job to buy an expensive truck and murder a beautiful young woman.

I am so mad right now I could spit nails.

That's what I posted earlier in reverse going from Lafayette to I10 E.
Hwy 105 turns into P3-95. You really dont need to turn onto any other street from Krotz Springs or WB, it's all one road, 3/4ths of the way is gravel.

The only reSon I can see him going to 190 is if he went home first.

that's true. he probably didn't go home first. so you think he took i-10 from Lafayette then 190 home?

the road frank diesi wouldn't have been a necessary part of his route, it just looks like a VERY secluded road with no reason for anyone to travel it. i'm not sure why it's even there in the first place. if you zoom on it, you'll see what i mean

:blushing: Guys, I'm sorry, I didn't (and still don't) mean to be a drama llama. I think I misread a few posts, as well as combining that with me being extra-sensitive here. Not to hijack the thread, but I'm dealing with my husband deciding a divorce is a fine plan as well as some health issues, so I'm just a wreck all over the place.

It's always the simplest ideas that seem to escape me! :floorlaugh: Thanks so much for the idea. I'll have to try it.

*cough*

Yes, well, I have to tell you I found this piece of toilet paper with this squiggle on it that I'm absolutely positive it may be an IOU for $10,000 and it's made out to me from you, so I'm waiting. :seeya:
Sorry about the husband thing...I hate to even put it that way cause it sounds so callous and trite, but honestly I feel for you. Been there, done that...didn't even get the T-shirt. Good vibes going out to you for strength and clarity of mind as you work your way through it.

That's why I think he might have thought fire was a better plan.

And **IMOO*** he had until she was reported missing to do what he was gonna do.

Whatever the case, I hope we find out. I'm very glad I'm not her mother having these thoughts.

He had no way of knowing how much time he had...Mickey could have been reported missing as early as 4am, for all he knew. Certainly by early morning on Saturday. It is only a set of circumstances that kept that from happening until later in the day.

No where on his resume did I read rapist...

Sorry, that just infuriates me that this thing was educated for free to get a decent enough job to buy an expensive truck and murder a beautiful young woman.

I am so mad right now I could spit nails.
I so wish some of his co-workers would come forward and shed some light on things, like what was his demeanor in the last few weeks before his arrest. Were they completely surprised when they heard the news. Did he ever mention Mickey?

This is not BSL's truck. LaPorte is in Harris county. His truck was found in Montgomery Country

His truck was burned/found in San Jacinto county and reported stolen in Montgomery county.

Mechanic
State of Louisiana February 2000 - August 2006

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

What bothers me about this mechanic gig is his access to vehicles. I wonder if he ever just hopped in another vehicle to get some parts.....hmmmmmmm

BBM - how did he work at Power house compression services from 2006-2008????? Another hmmmmmmmmm since he wasn't released from prison until 2008.

Service Mechanic
Power House Compression Services
2006 – 2008 (2 years) Broussard La.

Mechanic
State of Louisiana
Government Agency; 10,001+ employees; Government Administration industry
February 2000 – August 2006 (6 years 7 months)

My point wasn't the weight. It was the point that he wouldn't want to risk anyone else handling his "stuff". When they get on those helicopters, it's kinda every man for himself. He wouldn't have been able to control who may have been around his bags or who would have touched them. Here again, he's no genius, but he is not stupid.

Thanks- I missed the risk point of your post. I'm still caught off guard with Eavesdroppings post about 120 lbs of stuff not being unusual. What the heck would weigh that much? I travel extensively (as does my hubby) and never go over the 50 lb airline per bag max, regardless of the length of our trip.

I guess, I always thought that your bag would go in a cargo hold or under your feet for off shore trips. Makes sense that once you board the helicopter that others might handle your bag. Wonder if he was cocky enough with his co-workers that he knew they would never mess with him or his stuff.

Thanks ED for your insight. Your statement made me stop and question, why would anybody need 120 lbs of stuff for 2 wks off shore? What in Sam heck are they packing? Seriously, any idea? Tools?

I beginning to think that off shore duffle bags could be a perfect way to get rid of a person. With so many missing people each year (disappearing without a trace) maybe there's something to this theory.

Can you tell us if these bags are screened in anyway before loading onto the aircraft?

Thanks again for sharing your experience with this sort of thing.:seeya:

Not everyone works at the same location every time they go out, so they can't leave tools, etc in their lockers. Most of the time it is tools in separate tool boxes.

With the company I work for we only screen for three customers. Two customers have these big fancy metal detectors for the person, and xray machines for the bags. The other customer has security actually rummage through the bags. (and neither one of these customers is in Venice which is where it's rumored he was in and out of, no?) As for the rest of the thousands of people that walk through the doors and get on helicopters, no, there is no screening.

I can tell you, after Mickey went missing, but before the arrest, one guy came in with two big duffel bags, totaling 135ish pounds. I surely gave him the evil eye. :aktion1:

[This is really OT, but why does my spell check underline duffel? Is that not a real word?]
:bananalama:

I thought his truck was burned in San Jac county but reported stolen in Montgomery county.

What bothers me about this mechanic gig is his access to vehicles. I wonder if he ever just hopped in another vehicle to get some parts.....hmmmmmmm

BBM - how did he work at Power house compression services from 2006-2008????? Another hmmmmmmmmm

Service Mechanic
Power House Compression Services
2006 – 2008 (2 years) Broussard La.

Mechanic
State of Louisiana
Government Agency; 10,001+ employees; Government Administration industry
February 2000 – August 2006 (6 years 7 months)
You may be right, but it's still not his truck.

At least one poster said that his bags would be checked when he went offshore...not sure if this is true? But anyway, we don't know when he went again, and it may not have been until after his haircut on June 20th, so that would be an awfully long time to hold onto her body, considering how he tried to disappear his truck so thoroughly as soon as he knew it was being sought.

Thanks- I missed the risk point of your post. I'm still caught off guard with Eavesdroppings post about 120 lbs of stuff not being unusual. What the heck would weigh that much? I travel extensively (as does my hubby) and never go over the 50 lb airline per bag max, regardless of the length of our trip.

I guess, I always thought that your bag would go in a cargo hold or under your feet for off shore trips. Makes sense that once you board the helicopter that others might handle your bag. Wonder if he was cocky enough with his co-workers that he knew they would never mess with him or his stuff.

Baggage goes in either the baggage compartment or strapped onto an empty seat. Never under your feet. (If you ever go offshore, now you will be prepared.) All of our heliports have support staff called HLOs [Helicopter Landing Officers] that load/unload the bags and cargo. Mainly so passengers don't walk all willy nilly all over the flight line. I don't know what happens offshore but I think people take out their bags themselves.

At least one poster said that his bags would be checked when he went offshore...not sure if this is true? But anyway, we don't know when he went again, and it may not have been until after his haircut on June 20th, so that would be an awfully long time to hold onto her body, considering how he tried to disappear his truck so thoroughly as soon as he knew it was being sought.

They do random bag checks so he wouldn't know ahead of time whether his would be checked or not. I don't think he'd take the chance.

:)
Not everyone works at the same location every time they go out, so they can't leave tools, etc in their lockers. Most of the time it is tools in separate tool boxes.

With the company I work for we only screen for three customers. Two customers have these big fancy metal detectors for the person, and xray machines for the bags. The other customer has security actually rummage through the bags. (and neither one of these customers is in Venice which is where it's rumored he was in and out of, no?) As for the rest of the thousands of people that walk through the doors and get on helicopters, no, there is no screening.

I can tell you, after Mickey went missing, but before the arrest, one guy came in with two big duffel bags, totaling 135ish pounds. I surely gave him the evil eye. :aktion1:

[This is really OT, but why does my spell check underline duffel? Is that not a real word?]

Thanks so much for your reply- with Homeland Security I just figured that more screening would be the norm. So, if BSL was accustomed to leaving out of Venice he would be well aware of the security protocol - if he wanted to take advantage of this "no screen" habit-- do you think he could get away with it, and pull it off without anyone messing with his bag or noticing anything unusual? I sure wish any of his off shore peeps would chime in.

I'm asking, because this theory was offered up early on by one of our sleuthers -- and I didn't think it could happen, but now, I'm taking another look at this possibility. But only if BSL went out (as we think, he was scheduled to) off shore that last week of May.

OT-try duffle :)

OT - duffel is a definitely a word. I don't know about spell check, but Scramble with Friends doesn't think trivet is a word either!

They do random bag checks so he wouldn't know ahead of time whether his would be checked or not. I don't think he'd take the chance.

That and unless the person bled out completely it would be kinda messy?

It hurt my feeling to type that. :sick:

ETA: I think it could be possible but risky. I'm sure there are places on rigs and platforms where someone could go hide and do horrible things but that would be a major risk too. Never know who would walk by.

[Duffle gets underlined too. Spell check is dumb.]

:)

Thanks so much for your reply- with Homeland Security I just figured that more screening would be the norm. So, if BSL was accustomed to leaving out of Venice he would be well aware of the security protocol - if he wanted to take advantage of this "no screen" habit-- do you think he could get away with it, and pull it off without anyone messing with his bag or noticing anything unusual? I sure wish any of his off shore peeps would chime in.

I'm asking, because this theory was offered up early on by one of our sleuthers -- and I didn't think it could happen, but now, I'm taking another look at this possibility. But only if BSL went out (as we think, he was scheduled to) off shore that last week of May.

OT-try duffle :)

Wasn't he kind of busy in TX the last part of May? And didn't he also check in with his parole officer or whoever it is that checks on RSO's? And also file that thing to have his status changes? I thought he was pretty busy in LA the final week of May.

OT - duffel is a definitely a word. I don't know about spell check, but Scramble with friends doesn't think trivet is a word either!

Very OT, but I am a huge trivia buff, and the reason 'duffel' comes up suspect on spell check is because it is actually a proper noun...the duffel bag originated from a cloth made in Duffel, which is a region of Belgium...HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub