LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at the Linked-In page with BSL, and noticed a link that looked interesting, so I clicked on it: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/brandon-lavergne/16/87/770
I then looked up VRC and saw they handle insurance defense investigations of all things!

Isn't the name Veneable attached to BSL? I swear, I read that somewhere. My guess is that this is a family member's business and he just used the opportunity.

Wasn't he kind of busy in TX the last part of May? And didn't he also check in with his parole officer or whoever it is that checks on RSO's? And also file that thing to have his status changes? I thought he was pretty busy in LA the final week of May.

When they get on he helicopter, they have to find a place for their bags, and they have to find a place to sit. Hopefully, they're able to find those spaces together, but they can't be sure they will. Of course, I'm talking from things back in the 80's to early 90's, but it can't be that much different now.

Wasn't he kind of busy in TX the last part of May? And didn't he also check in with his parole officer or whoever it is that checks on RSO's? And also file that thing to have his status changes? I thought he was pretty busy in LA the final week of May.

You are right, this guy was everywhere. And hard to believe that he could possibly have been off shore for 2 weeks. I think it was TXLAMS (please forgive if this was posted by someone else) who said that BSL traveled more than anyone has given him credit for on an earlier page of this thread. That statement left me wondering all day, what his total travels would ultimately look like when all is out in the open.

Makes me wonder when he slept. :what:

When they get on he helicopter, they have to find a place for their bags, and they have to find a place to sit. Hopefully, they're able to find those spaces together, but they can't be sure they will. Of course, I'm talking from things back in the 80's to early 90's, but it can't be that much different now.

Did you mean to quote me? Sometimes the wrong quote appears...I was talking about the fact that it seems he was in LA the last week in May, due to various things it seems he did.

Isn't the name Veneable attached to BSL? I swear, I read that somewhere. My guess is that this is a family member's business and he just used the opportunity.

Don't know the answer to your question, but are you sure the correct spelling is not *Venable? Might be critical in any websearching you/others do.

Sorry about the husband thing...I hate to even put it that way cause it sounds so callous and trite, but honestly I feel for you. Been there, done that...didn't even get the T-shirt. Good vibes going out to you for strength and clarity of mind as you work your way through it.

That did sound crummy of me.

I offloaded mine a couple of years ago, but it was my choice.

My apologies, ladies. I don't want to minimize what you're going through.

respectfully snipped by me for relevance

I agree that BSL did not put an extraordinary amount of effort and creativity into disposing of Mickey's body. He seems to have a propensity for hiding bodies/items under something, i.e. LP's body under boards, and Mickey's bicycle under water (until it receded, of course) and for setting fires. IMHO, he either put Mickey in water, i.e. with her bicycle at/near WB or under brush/foliage; or burned her remains. I don't believe he removed her body far from the original crime scene (30 miles in any direction max) and definitely, imho, did not take Mickey to Texas.

However, having said that I just thought of something...it's a little far fetched sounding, maybe, but that's my vivid imagination for you... :-) what if he dismembered her body and put it into a weighted container and disposed of it at sea when he went out to his off-shore job. Maybe too vividly imaginative for the likes of BSL, though.

As sad as it is, IMO, I don't think Mickey's remains will be found anytime soon, if ever.

I agree, I think he put her under something as well, and with his injuries, I don't think he went that far out of the way. If I remember right, he had a bad rash on his hands from poison ivy, which tends to grow on fences and along the edges of wooded areas... So if he is in a hurry, leaving his home with her body, where would he go??

Did you mean to quote me? Sometimes the wrong quote appears...I was talking about the fact that it seems he was in LA the last week in May, due to various things it seems he did.

I don't understand why we can at least get dates. Like dates he was out, dates he was in..small thing one wouldn't think would be critical to the investigation.

http://www.workbagsonline.com/Workbags-Offshore-Duffle-bag.html

Eavesdropping,
A WS posted shared this picture early on of an off shore duffle bag, is this what you are accustomed to seeing on the helicopter?

See, I'm probably going to get in trouble now for talking out of turn. I don't think it was you. Actually, I know it was Eavesdropping I was responding to. Sorry if I clicked on the wrong quote.

I think I need to just shut this thing down for the night and go to bed. It all seems to be running together.

That is very disturbing to me. Something had to have been under there that caused some kind of damage to the original skirting. I can't see him just deciding to change it with all the injuries and poison ivy he would have had at that time if there wasn't an immediate need.

could that be where he kept his momentos? in a weather proof safe of some sort under his trailer? but that wouldn't cause him to need to change the skirting, would it?

I don't understand why we can at least get dates. Like dates he was out, dates he was in..small thing one wouldn't think would be critical to the investigation.

Lol...I am sure LE knows but doesn't really care how inconvenienced we are. But it strange that this info would not leak out by now.

He had no way of knowing how much time he had...Mickey could have been reported missing as early as 4am, for all he knew. Certainly by early morning on Saturday. It is only a set of circumstances that kept that from happening until later in the day.

You're right.

IDK. Would the missing announcement have gone out over a scanner? Did he have one?

Someone's gotta know what he did with her.

Time is what I'm picking at lately. But at least it's not vehicles.

Before he was arrested, I could walk imaginary routes with the Google Earth guy. Now I'm trying to figure out when he did whatever he did.

See, I'm probably going to get in trouble now for talking out of turn. I don't think it was you. Actually, I know it was Eavesdropping I was responding to. Sorry if I clicked on the wrong quote.

I think I need to just shut this thing down for the night and go to bed. It all seems to be running together.

No problem...sometimes it is a WS quirk that does that.

could that be where he kept his momentos? in a weather proof safe of some sort under his trailer? but that wouldn't cause him to need to change the skirting, would it?

It would if there was paint that rubbed off, or DNA (I hate to type that) that got on it somehow. It could be that he damaged some of the skirting panels if he went under there to do whatever BSL does under his trailer.

I'm out, cub scouts! I'm not even making sense anymore and really have nothing more of substance to add.

Good night to all, and maybe we will all have more answers tomorrow. I have had this hope every night since May 20th, but maybe tomorrow is the day Mickey will be found!

You are all such respectable people. Thank you for having me.

Lol...I am sure LE knows but doesn't really care how inconvenienced we are. But it strange that this info would not leak out by now.

Like a coworker or something.

We know when he was in the hospital(s), approximately when he was in Texas....why not when he was out/in?

It's not a big deal, it's just what I'm left with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stahoe