LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if we ever posted when he went offshore and when he came back from offshore, but I am 100% positive I read early in this thread that on May 22nd Woods Group brought their people in early from offshore because of threatening weather. Now, I think it was from someone whose husband worked with Woods Group offshore. I cannot prove that. I am wondering if there WAS threatening weather offshore during that time......it would make a big difference to this case whether or not he was offshore or onshore during that period of time and is something only other people who worked offshore on the same hitch BSL did would know if they got called in early or went out late or whatever. I would like to know this.

I do remember that. And I can confirm that at some point the Gulf of Mexico started to get evacuated. But for the life of me, I can't remember when. It couldn't have been May 22 because I would have remembered that as I was on hitch at that time. When people did start to come in I was on days off. Looking back at the hurricane season so far the only one I can see that would have caused an issue was Tropical Storm Debby but that was late June.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Atlantic_hurricane_season#Hurricane_Chris

Not a problem. I don't know much, sleuthing wise anyway, but at least I had some useful information for someone.

Every little piece of the puzzle counts the same. Your insider info is as sleuthy as anyone's.

I know exactly nothing and am a million miles away. All I have are questions.

Yeah, that's what 60 miles from the prison?

Originally Posted by Fishin'chick

His truck was burned/found in San Jacinto county and reported stolen in Montgomery county.

What bothers me about this mechanic gig is his access to vehicles. I wonder if he ever just hopped in another vehicle to get some parts.....hmmmmmmm

BBM - how did he work at Power house compression services from 2006-2008????? Another hmmmmmmmmm since he wasn't released from prison until 2008.

Service Mechanic
Power House Compression Services
2006 – 2008 (2 years) Broussard La.

Mechanic
State of Louisiana
Government Agency; 10,001+ employees; Government Administration industry
February 2000 – August 2006 (6 years 7 months)
[/B]

Thanks for bringing this up!!

It's this sort of questionable (or mis) information (originating from BSL) that makes me think that he had leeway during some of his prison sentence. I know that this has been discussed - but his own words (written) make it a possibility that he could have been responsible for other crimes while an inmate. His prison record and work release information should be scrutinized closely, IMO.

I can't erase Mickeys face from my mind.

I can't imagine the joy people would feel if by some miracle, she returned home alive.
I think people would definitely hug their loved ones a little tighter for the rest of their lives.

But I think/hope they will do that regardless of the outcome of this case.

i got the giggerbumps just thinking of the joy if she would come home alive. so sad that she most likely won't be. tears

Interesting stuff on his LinkedIn page. Interesting to see that Steve Bajat, who is the lead detective on the MS case viewed his page, also curious why an attorney at PR would go and look...if I am reading it right.

Also, I would be curious to know if BSL ever participated in a work release program while he was incarcerated. Sith all of the prison overcrowding there are many programs like that for inmates.

I will look up the info and provide a link when I get a minute, but I went to the State of Louisiana, department of correctional facilities website and read about they're work release programs, and for one, he wouldn't of qualified because he is a violent offender. But, even if he qualified, C. Paul Phelps Correctional Facility is not on the list of facilities that offer the work release program...

I'm guessing that if the grips were submerged underwater (with the bike), perhaps that would have made them loosen up and come off.....waters cold and plastic grips shrink and expand based on conditions, no?

The water around here would be around 80 degrees not cool at all
That time of year. Anyone know how long the bike was at the location. I am looking into the grip thing might try a experiment. The grips have bothered me a lot since I heard about the grips floating.
I know I used soapy water to get grips to slide on easy and adjust them but also remember them not moving at all .Wonder if the soap residue getting soaked would allow them to slide off but just sitting there in water hummm don't know. Off to the experiment lab Although rubber does expand in heat I think if the grips were rubber or plastic don't know
Of course just my opinion.

On the linkin page , I think I am reading it wrong. Does it mean that people who were interested in BSL also read the other profiles? like Bajat?
I think it means that people who looked up BSL also looked up those other people too.

I'm sorry I didn't see the other posts. My power just went out three times and then I got logged out! :(

I agree. That's why I don't understand why the handgrips were even removed. Why take them off and leave them in the same area?! I don't get it.

i'm guessing he thought the water would carry them downstream quickly so that they'd end up far away from the bigger heavier bike??

As far as how much he or his bag was screened it all depends on who he was going offshore to work for and who they used to fly them offshore. Not all oil companies and helicopter companies require the same level of screening. I have been working offshore for 10 years. Some places do not check bags at all besides the weight. Other locations will open your bag and look through, check for meds, etc. I know of some locations where he used to work and there was probably not much screening at the helicopter base and I can almost guarantee none offshore. Very rarely have I ever seen bags checked offshore unless someone was saying something was stole from them.

CajunLady75, :goodpost: terrific sleauthing in finding BSL's LinkedIn page. I spit tea when I read BSL worked with the State of LA - during his time of serving his sentence. Creative Resume to describe time in the pokey.

:jail: So do I understand it right that on tomorrow the Judge will see BSL in a small room in the jail; meaning that likely there will be no perp walk? I hope there will be media coverage at the site.

Tossing in my :twocents::twocents: . These cases are tough and we are all here to contribute what we can toward locating MS and seeing that justice is served. Like in many previous WS cases, there are so many creative and caring posters here with a genuine desire to try and help. WS is managed in a fair & proper manner. :tos: It is a blessing to have this site; I would hope that should anything ever happen to me that WS would be "on it doggone it".

It can become frustrating when posters fail to "read up" to catch up; when rumors and unfounded items are stated as fact; and when posters fail to indicate his/her statements are opinions only/ speculations. This is a large case - we are on Thread #39 already and this case is going to be a marathon rather than a sprint. :rollercoaster:

Let's be patient with each other (especially newbees) and with the development of this case and trial. :truce: Facts will eventually come to light; lots of the big & little details we've discussed will be confirmed or refuted in time.
For me, the 2 most pressing issues are: 1) where is MS? and 2) is BSL responsible for any other missing/deceased people?

Hops down off soapbox and does the :woohoo: dance.

i'm guessing he thought the water would carry them downstream quickly so that they'd end up far away from the bigger heavier bike??

Yeah, why didn't they float away?

I don't understand. If they were separate from the bike and floating, they would have floated away. They couldn't have been in the water. Could they??? Even if the water were very calm, a week later they would have been gone.

LTC-Louisiana Technical College

Corner of Bertrand and deValcourt

I know that it has been bounced around that BSL wouldn't have been as familiar with some of the Lafayette side and back roads since he's from Lawtell/Church Point, but many of these documents that are being offered (thanks to your wonderful sleuthing) show that he would have had knowledge of streets like deValcourt (for example) from attending LA Tech College. Interesting...

On the linkin page , I think I am reading it wrong. Does it mean that people who were interested in BSL also read the other profiles? like Bajat?

I don't want to open my LinkedIn and get caught looking at BSL..

But if I understand your question - and I might not - there's a list of 'people who recently viewed this profile' and if you look at *those* folks' profiles, you can see who viewed their profiles, if that makes sense.

So someone who was looking at BSL's profile could have done exactly what you describe - also then viewed the profiles of people who had recently viewed BSL's profile. LE might have good reason to do that.

It's a little like creeping your Facebook friends's friends, but leaving s trail. Hypothetically. Because who would creep on Facebook? ;-)

I will look up the info and provide a link when I get a minute, but I went to the State of Louisiana, department of correctional facilities website and read about they're work release programs, and for one, he wouldn't of qualified because he is a violent offender. But, even if he qualified, C. Paul Phelps Correctional Facility is not on the list of facilities that offer the work release program...

My basic understanding of the work release prisons is that it does not happen at state poision but at parish prisons. I'm pretty sure someone posted that he was moved to a different prison (maybe, Avoylles). From my knowledge with someone who was in the work release program, I can say without a doubt that violent offenders can participate in the work release program if they meet certain conditions (good behavior, model prisoner, etc.)

Do we know if the bike grips were cut off with some kind of razor knife, or were they intact?

Yeah, why didn't they float away?

I don't understand. If they were separate from the bike and floating, they would have floated away. They couldn't have been in the water. Could they??? Even if the water were very calm, a week later they would have been gone.

Good questions. Seems to me they would have floated away. Everything about the grips being removed and dumped and found is odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSI1005