LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Fishin'chick

His truck was burned/found in San Jacinto county and reported stolen in Montgomery county.

What bothers me about this mechanic gig is his access to vehicles. I wonder if he ever just hopped in another vehicle to get some parts.....hmmmmmmm

BBM - how did he work at Power house compression services from 2006-2008????? Another hmmmmmmmmm since he wasn't released from prison until 2008.

I

Service Mechanic
Power House Compression Services
2006 – 2008 (2 years) Broussard La.

Mechanic
State of Louisiana
Government Agency; 10,001+ employees; Government Administration industry
February 2000 – August 2006 (6 years 7 months)
[/B]

Thanks for bringing this up!!

It's this sort of questionable (or mis) information (originating from BSL) that makes me think that he had leeway during some of his prison sentence. I know that this has been discussed - but his own words (written) make it a possibility that he could have been responsible for other crimes while an inmate. His prison record and work release information should be scrutinized closely, IMO.

My mom knew a guy who had to go to prison every weekend for hitting someone with his car. I wonder if bsl did something like that towards the end of his sentence.

Do we know if the bike grips were cut off with some kind of razor knife, or were they intact?

I'm going to be honest and say I'm too lazy to find the link but I do recall Mr. Tom Shunick saying something about how he was surprised that the grips were off because he had to cut a previous set off as they were really tight.

Eh, I guess I won't be that lazy:

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20120716/NEWS03/120716013/Eight-weeks-later-still-questions-Mickey-Shunick-case

Page 5 I believe. But it doesn't definitively state if they were intact or cut.

Does anyone know if media will be allowed in the courtroom tomorrow?

I know that it has been bounced around that BSL wouldn't have been as familiar with some of the Lafayette side and back roads since he's from Lawtell/Church Point, but many of these documents that are being offered (thanks to your wonderful sleuthing) show that he would have had knowledge of streets like deValcourt (for example) from attending LA Tech College. Interesting...

That particular campus does not offer the program that his profile has listed.

http://www.acadiana.edu/index.cfm?md=pagebuilder&tmp=home&nid=85&pnid=0&pid=4

I don't want to open my LinkedIn and get caught looking at BSL..

But if I understand your question - and I might not - there's a list of 'people who recently viewed this profile' and if you look at *those* folks' profiles, you can see who viewed their profiles, if that makes sense.

So someone who was looking at BSL's profile could have done exactly what you describe - also then viewed the profiles of people who had recently viewed BSL's profile. LE might have good reason to do that.

It's a little like creeping your Facebook friends's friends, but leaving s trail. Hypothetically. Because who would creep on Facebook? ;-)

I was able to creep his profile without logging in. :couch:

Does anyone know if media will be allowed in the courtroom tomorrow?

I am fairly certain they will. I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure it is open to the public as well. I am curious if the families will be there.

There is more than one LTC. (Louisiana Techinal College) There are 7 just in the Acadiana area.
http://www.ltc.edu/home.asp

I gotta turn in, but I want to say again how amazing the info from locals is. So much detail and background knowledge has been shared. It's not only helpful, it's nice to see.

The community seems to have taken this very personally. That's a fine thing.

I try to remember that when people get tense. It's not far away or abstract for local posters. It's quite personal for Mickey's neighbors.

If I get time to stop by tomorrow, I'm going to start reading from the last page backwards, like I always do. Just so you know.

Nite!

I do wonder if it is possible that Mr Shunick was given bad info re" the grips being found separate and floating. It seems the family was not really given a lot of info along the way, and then probably got a whole lot at once. It does seem rather specific, but it makes so little sense. JMO

From BSL's Linked in page:

Air Defense Team Leader and Forward Observer

US Army

Government Agency; 10,001+ employees; Military industry

March 1997 – February 2000 (3 years)

Don't know if it was rumor or not, but wasn't he dishonorably discharged for the 4/12/99 oral rape charge?

He also has a profile on the site "MyLife".
he must be an actual MEMBER of the site, because it even has the first part of his phone number. It also lists his relatives.

There is a picture there that I've never seen.

My basic understanding of the work release prisons is that it does not happen at state poision but at parish prisons. I'm pretty sure someone posted that he was moved to a different prison (maybe, Avoylles). From my knowledge with someone who was in the work release program, I can say without a doubt that violent offenders can participate in the work release program if they meet certain conditions (good behavior, model prisoner, etc.)

"After passing through the Reception and Diagnostic Center at Elayn Hunt Correctional Center for assessment and assignment, he served from July 31, 2000, through Jan. 14, 2002, at the Winn Correctional Center. He was transferred to C. Paul Phelps Correctional Center in DeQuincy in Calcasieu Parish, where he remained through Sept. 22, 2005, and was transferred to Avoyelles Correctional Center where he served through Aug. 9, 2008, Laborde said."
http://www.dailyworld.com/article/20120711/NEWS01/207110314/Lavergne-go-before-grand-jury
"served" in what capacity?" "Supervised" Parole?

"During his time in prison, he completed the adult sex offender program during which time he impressed the program’s director so much that he wrote him a glowing letter which was sent to the Louisiana Adult Probation and Parole Districts. Lavergne was referred to as ‘a man who assists other inmates with their workbooks, handouts, videos, etc. He is prompt, reliable and maintains a positive attitude in his work."

"How much influence the letter (which was written in January of 2003) had on Lavergne’s release is unknown. However, it does reflect the actions of a man who may be capable of easily fooling people"

Read more: AcadiaParishToday.com - Prior arrest prison records show Lavergne s violent nature

If I was a gambler I'd bet he was not an "INMATE" after AUG 06'

moo

Not even work release! It's 120 miles round trip! from jail at Avoylles Correctional Center to work and back.
moo

Very OT, but I am a huge trivia buff, and the reason 'duffel' comes up suspect on spell check is because it is actually a proper noun...the duffel bag originated from a cloth made in Duffel, which is a region of Belgium...HTH

Learn something new everyday!! My 2 favorite things of today are Duffel and the quote (forgot who said it, however) "smart phone, dumb user"

:clap:

Yeah, why didn't they float away?

I don't understand. If they were separate from the bike and floating, they would have floated away. They couldn't have been in the water. Could they??? Even if the water were very calm, a week later they would have been gone.

Separated was how they were initially reported. This "floating" term came up later. I suspect they sunk, but I dunno for sure.

I am fairly certain they will. I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure it is open to the public as well. I am curious if the families will be there.

I read that there was a concern that the number of news media who should get in won't fit because it's a small courtroom. They picked it because it was the most secure.

I read that at a news media site. Local to the case.

He also has a profile on the site "MyLife".
he must be an actual MEMBER of the site, because it even has the first part of his phone number. It also lists his relatives.

There is a picture there that I've never seen.

That site needs to be updated. He lives in Lafayette now... JS

From BSL's Linked in page:

Air Defense Team Leader and Forward Observer

US Army

Government Agency; 10,001+ employees; Military industry

March 1997 – February 2000 (3 years)

Don't know if it was rumor or not, but wasn't he dishonorably discharged for the 4/12/99 oral rape charge?

I have not said anything for about three or four pages now, hoping someone else would, but when BSL was first arrested and we all started sleuthing him, it quickly became apparent that there is another Brandon Lavergne that lives somewhere in that immediate area, and he was getting bombed with nasty posts. I remember the mods here warning us to be careful that we had the right one, and many posts were removed. I fear that this Linkd In page may very well belong to THAT Brandon Lavergne and not the BSL that is in jail...JMO, FWIW

Mouton said her bike was submerged in the water off the bank of the Atchafalaya Basin. "Detectives are hopeful that forensic experts can find evidence on the frame, handle bars and handgrips that were recovered at the scene," said Mouton.
http://www.katc.com/news/mickey-shunick-media-briefing-bike-found-damaged/
I'm pretty sure this is where we got the idea that the frame, handle bars, and handgrips were somehow separated. Maybe they never were separated at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Morgy1