LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that there was a concern that the number of news media who should get in won't fit because it's a small courtroom. They picked it because it was the most secure.

I read that at a news media site. Local to the case.

If you see the link in my previous post, the judge said he would consider moving it. I doubt it, but he said it, not me ;)

I think Mr. Shunick basically said he didn't know how someone could have gotten the grips off without cutting them (since a previous experience he'd had with trying to remove grips proved it a very difficult chore). IMO, it was not clear from the context if he knew whether they had been cut or not.

I believe a family member IDed the bike for LE -- but don't know if it was the bike "in person" or perhaps pictures of the bike after it was found...? I wonder if that person was also shown the grips (or, again, pics of them), if they really were found separate.

:banghead:
I have not said anything for about three or four pages now, hoping someone else would, but when BSL was first arrested and we all started sleuthing him, it quickly became apparent that there is another Brandon Lavergne that lives somewhere in that immediate area, and he was getting bombed with nasty posts. I remember the mods here warning us to be careful that we had the right one, and many posts were removed. I fear that this Linkd In page may very well belong to THAT Brandon Lavergne and not the BSL that is in jail...JMO, FWIW

Nope, that's "our" BSL

I have not said anything for about three or four pages now, hoping someone else would, but when BSL was first arrested and we all started sleuthing him, it quickly became apparent that there is another Brandon Lavergne that lives somewhere in that immediate area, and he was getting bombed with nasty posts. I remember teh mods here warning us to be careful that we had the right one, and many posts were removed. I fear that this Linkd In page may very well belomg to THAT Brandon Lavergne and not the BSL that is in jail...JMO, FWIW

I understand the caution, but it does have the same current employer, same career (mechanic) and the 2000-2006 as a employee of the State of Louisiana. It appears to be his profile. I just wonder how much of it is padded to look good and how much of it is possibly true.

Interesting stuff on his LinkedIn page. Interesting to see that Steve Bajat, who is the lead detective on the MS case viewed his page, also curious why an attorney at PR would go and look...if I am reading it right.

Also, I would be curious to know if BSL ever participated in a work release program while he was incarcerated. Sith all of the prison overcrowding there are many programs like that for inmates.

BBM

THANK YOU!!! I have been trying to remember the lead detective's name since early June. Steve Bajat

[/QUOTE][/code]
LTC-Louisiana Technical College

Corner of Bertrand and deValcourt

According to his "resume" on linkedin.com he attended LTC while he was incarcerated, so I don't think he actually attended classes on one of their campuses, rather LTC must have an in-house program for inmates that BSL participated in. Very common for prisons/cf's to offer educational programs...
All jmo

I understand the caution, but it does have the same current employer, same career (mechanic) and the 2000-2006 as a employee of the State of Louisiana. It appears to be his profile. I just wonder how much of it is padded to look good and how much of it is possibly true.

I would guess he "fudged" it just a bit, no?

Meant to comment earlier and got distracted; re: the replacing skirting (as an article quoted a neighbor). I noticed in one of the published photos of the search of his property - the photo with the 3 men looking into the silver car - that photo also showed the bed of a red truck that showed a pile of the metal skirt material. I do not recall any specific reference to the time frame this neighbor observed replacing of materials.

Who knows the significance of what may or may not have been found under the trailer or on the skirt materials. It is my opinion that LE found something that was of interest. I do recall news report that some of the metal was said to have been taken by LE as evidence.

Learn something new everyday!! My 2 favorite things of today are Duffel and the quote (forgot who said it, however) "smart phone, dumb user"

:clap:

Well, I am batting .1000 with you today...I was the one who said smart phone, dumb user...lol..I had tried to reply to something using my phone, and the post I was replying to got lost in Neverland somewhere.

Anybody know what time I need to be at the courthouse tomorrow?

Er, um, I mean, does anyone know what time the arraignment is?

FYI: I've just opened threads for Keiosha Felix. One is in Missing: Information and Support. This is a no discussion forum for posting updates.

The other one is in this forum, Missing Forum Discussion.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180014"]LA LA - Keiosha Felix, 15, Duson, 30 April, 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Does anyone on here have a MyLife account? It requires you pay to see the full of the profile.

[/code]

According to his "resume" on linkedin.com he attended LTC while he was incarcerated, so I don't think he actually attended classes on one of their campuses, rather LTC must have an in-house program for inmates that BSL participated in. Very common for prisons/cf's to offer educational programs...
All jmo[/QUOTE]

Normally I would agree but the program he was taking Diesel mechanics is a very hands-on program (or at least it was in 2000 when my dad worked for LTC). It was not a program that could have been taught off campus.

Sorry this is off topic, but I'm not sure of the forum etiquette on here. Is it appropriate to use the "give thanks" option to "like" someone's post? I keep looking for the "like" button like I would use on Facebook and wonder if I can use the "thanks" button in that manner even if the post wasn't particularly useful?

TIA for helping me get comfortable here!

Okay guys, time for this one to hit the pillow. May tomorrow be the day that brings Mickey home. Goodnight!

Wondering whether LE will have another bombshell tomorrow? They sure kept the charges re: LP on the down low until the GJ.

Wonder whether the evidence pulled from his trailer/property and LE's subsequent investigations have yielded yet an additional victim (s). And if that were to be the case, would that be added to the process tomorrow?
Hummmm.

Get a good rest friends.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members