LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering when these bloody pics of his wounds were taken? According to his story he was lost and asked directions at some gas station and was attacked. Then he says he drove around trying to find a hospital. I think this is what his story was that he told the police. So if the police took the photos..the wounds would not be bleeding because they would have already been taken care of by the dr's at the ER. They interviewed after the fact. So he must have gone home after the kidnapping and took the pics or went somewhere else where a friend took the pics. He wouldn't have taken pics of himself while driving.

If BSL, told LE that he was mugged/stabbed at a gas station and spent hours driving NOLA looking for a hospital. It is doubtful that he would have wore a clean change of clothes, but would have wore the clothes from the alleged attack; props...Hopefully the detectives confiscated his clothing wore during the ruse...Time will tell..

If BSL, told LE that he was mugged/stabbed at a gas station and spent hours driving NOLA looking for a hospital. It is doubtful that he would have wore a clean change of clothes, but would have wore the clothes from the alleged attack; props...Hopefully the detectives confiscated his clothing wore during the ruse...Time will tell..

So the pics might be his bloody clothes and not the wounds or blood on his body?

I think, if I remember seeing the pic with the hooptie in it correctly, there are alot of shrubs and greenary. JMO, but if she were riding her bike on the sidewalk maybe the shrubs were in the way of anyone really seeing her well. From the angle of the camera it just seemed that way. But, certainly since the car was well into the street you would get a better shot. So that would maybe be why someone could see the car in the street but not her. Also, I don't remember them ever saying if that video was continuous or not. Some video only takes pics every few seconds, right?

They are clear enough to make out the cars in the parking lot across the street so in my opinion, I think they would be clear enough to make out a bike rider. Also, if she continued on the same path, she would have been on the side of the street closest to the camera.

Sources close to the Shunick investigation tell The Independent that among the evidence collected from Lavergne’s home in Swords were several women’s IDs and bloodied pictures of Lavergne showing the injuries he sustained May 19, the day Shunick disappeared.

What do you all think of this? Of the pictures of himself? Who took them? When and where? and...why? Opinions?

Maybe he took the pictures in a mirror so he could see his wounds better? I do that sometimes with outfits. It's not always easy to see your entire backside in a mirror, especially up close.

Maybe he took the pictures in a mirror so he could see his wounds better? I do that sometimes with outfits. It's not always easy to see your entire backside in a mirror, especially up close.

'Can't touch this'..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo"]MC Hammer - U Can't Touch This - YouTube[/ame]

With how secretive Brandon is, there is no way he would have hit her in front of that Circle K. In my opinion, NO WAY, at all.
I used to go there at late hours, and theres ALWAYS people at that circle k. You can even see from the image that people are sitting on their cars and stuff.

He would be asking to be immediately reported to the police if that took place right there.
So I never bought that the bike is under the truck.
Plus, I'm pretty sure LE would've noticed that, after still after still. They only released a few of those.

There are people pumping gas but I don't know about anyone sitting on cars. There is a good possibility that the police have always known she was hit there. Many, many locals say they have info on this and what police know but I don't know their sources and therefore will not post it here. That would provide solid evidence she was kidnapped.

When it comes to a killer you cannot try to think with logic. I am not sure it would have made much difference to him. Or that he was in a state of mind that would have allowed any logical thinking.

He openly drove around town 'supposedly' looking for a victim. Many people could have seen him driving on those roads at the same time as Mickey. If he were that secretive I think he would have grabbed someone out in the country leaving a bar or something. Now Brandon would have to know there are surveillance cameras in many locations and that did not deter him from the hunt for a victim. I don't think there are many people that don't know about cameras.

I think the urge to commit this act was stronger than his ability to think logically.

:floorlaugh: It's an Independent-worthy tactic to get your scoop from Gannett. I always say that the Ind reminds me of the yellow journalism tactics of old. Heck, it even reads like a salacious rag most of the time. I think it's by blind, stupid luck that they occasionally get something right.

Blind squirrels and acorns...stuff like that. ;]

While I don't mind what people discuss...I can't see how it would help in knowing exactly where she was abducted. But I always feel that way, in these cases, about things that already happened, how does it really help find the person by knowing certain facts. Maybe I am missing something. But once the kidnapping has taken place and the person is gone-the abduction site kinda loses interest for me. I know I am probably wrong in this, but it is just me.

"Sources close to the Shunick investigation tell The Independent that among the evidence collected from Lavergne’s home in Swords were several women’s IDs and bloodied pictures of Lavergne showing the injuries he sustained May 19, the day Shunick disappeared. Lavergne told a Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s deputy that he was attacked in his truck in the New Orleans area when he stopped at a gas station to ask for directions. He was unable to give the detective any information about where the supposed attack took place. The detective noted that Lavergne had multiple stab wounds on his chest, back, hand and neck."

100% I take this as meaning the pictures were of his bloodied injuries, not that the photos themselves had blood on them. IMHO I think he took these to remember the moment.

Do you get cell service on those back roads?

In my frequent travels on many roads including gravel, dirt, very rural country roads in Acadia,St Landry,Evangeline,Lafayette & St Martin parishes the places where I have had no cell or poor reception have been on overpasses near Opelousas and Carencro and right by UL-Lafayette in the daytime, especially while classes are in session.Go figure!

100% I take this as meaning the pictures were of his bloodied injuries, not that the photos themselves had blood on them. IMHO I think he took these to remember the moment.

Or maybe he took them to show how injured he was, if he was going to be telling people about his "mugging" event.

I have actually begun to wonder if maybe by fighting back and hurting him (which we truly can't know, but mostly agree she did), perhaps he was so enraged that he killed and dumped her without getting his full jollies first. And it has recently hit me that he may have been so enraged as to dispose of her while she was incapacitated bit still alive. Kinda like a last spit in her face to still feel like he won.

I've thought these same thoughts...especially the part about his not even being able to do what he originally sought to do with her, due to the fight which apparently ensued.

And I hope that's the case, because *advertiser censored** that dude.

I try not to talk about the bike under the truck because I know how badly others react to this opinion but I am 99% sure of it. It seems that there are many that could be in the know that also believe this.

Now I have not seen factual evidence to prove it either way but the further we get into this case the more I believe it.

Not sure if this camera provides continuous video or not but I do know that she was never seen on it. I was around when this discussion took place but cannot recall that info.

I've seen talk of this, just never understood what people were "seeing". I won't ask you to elaborate since you said others react badly, but I just don't understand how this can even be a possibility.

I have a silly question but it's still one I cannot seem to find an answer to or figure out since I'm not familiar with that area. Is the capture of BSL truck going the same direction as mickey from before his truck was seen going the opposite direction or after? I would assume that the one of his truck going the opposite way was first.. then he turned around to follow her?

I have a silly question but it's still one I cannot seem to find an answer to or figure out since I'm not familiar with that area. Is the capture of BSL truck going the same direction as mickey from before his truck was seen going the opposite direction or after? I would assume that the one of his truck going the opposite way was first.. then he turned around to follow her?

From what I remember, the truck going the opposite direction was not his truck.

While I don't mind what people discuss...I can't see how it would help in knowing exactly where she was abducted. But I always feel that way, in these cases, about things that already happened, how does it really help find the person by knowing certain facts. Maybe I am missing something. But once the kidnapping has taken place and the person is gone-the abduction site kinda loses interest for me. I know I am probably wrong in this, but it is just me.

I completely agree with you and for a couple of weeks I have mainly only posted in response to areas of interest or info pertaining to searches.

But for the most part, many of the posts still center around what happened that night. Since we have sleuthed the heck out of just about every detail I haven't had a lot to say.

I think most of us just cannot help but wonder what really did happen that night. What the missing pieces are...

I like reading all posts regardless of whether I agree or not. No path of discussion ever irritates me. I don't know what happened that night and I don't know where Mickey is. And I don't think any y'all know any more factual info than I do so I am completely open to hearing all opinions. You never know how one discovery can lead to others.

I completely agree with you and for a couple of weeks I have mainly only posted in response to areas of interest or info pertaining to searches.

But for the most part, many of the posts still center around what happened that night. Since we have sleuthed the heck out of just about every detail I haven't had a lot to say.

I think most of us just cannot help but wonder what really did happen that night. What the missing pieces are...

I like reading all posts regardless of whether I agree or not. No path of discussion ever irritates me. I don't know what happened that night and I don't know where Mickey is. And I don't think any y'all know any more factual info than I do so I am completely open to hearing all opinions. You never know how one discovery can lead to others.

We will probably have to wait until the trial to find out what really happened or at least what LE believes really happened.

From what I remember, the truck going the opposite direction was not his truck.

Oh really?? This whole time I've been thinking that they were, mainly I guess because neither had a cover. Hmmm... :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayhartley90