LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO-
BSL lives at least 7 miles north of the town of CP. There ate miles and
miles of dirt and gravel roads, fields, woods, barns, etc around.To me it doesn't make much sense for him to drive 35 minutes in to CP from Lafayette to the old refinery coming in to CP. Also there is a road that goes down by the refinery, St Raphael, and there are a few houses on it.

I'm starting to wonder if he didnt take Mickey out to near his Duson property, fought with her, disposed of her, hid the bike,went to his moms six miles away(maybe had a key), showered and slept,maybe gave her some BS story, then got up and went to NO

i am not familiar with Duson or Churchpoint. I know WHERE they are, but that's about it. So what about this forest in the middle of the map? Could that be a "convenient" spot for him
http://goo.gl/maps/w7wgN

But honestly, do you really think he'd go to NO right after he gets out? It seems to me that he'd be going to meet up with his family in CP or Rayne, because don't you think they would've been waiting for him to come home? Of course, I understand I am looking at it from a rational point of view, and he is anything but. It just seems very far fetched to me.

Maybe he headed to NOLA to celebrate his freedom? Wonder how close he stayed with his family while he was in prison? IMO if he felt they didn't visit him enough or support him enough during his prison sentence, he might've been angry at them right after his release and just wanted to go out and have fun. I do believe he's narcissistic. Of course that is assuming he got out on the day it states as opposed to the possibility of an earlier work release as speculated on WS recently. If he got out early it's not far fetched at all. Of course the work release angle is only speculation at this point.

I'd like to know where the prison is that he was incarcerated in. Yes, you or I may want to be with family after we got out of prison but I don't think his family bonds were really too tight, jmo. NO sounds more like a place he may want to hang out after being "caged in" for 8 years? Just a thought...and as Foxfire posted, the crime rate is high in NO. It just nags at me though...

Info previously posted by Bessie on thread #38 post #1417:

02/25/00-07/05/00 -- Pine Prairie Detention Center, Evangeline Parish
07/06/00-07/30/00 -- Reception and Diagnostic Center at Elayn Hunt Correctional Center, Iberville Parish
07/31/00-01/14/02 -- Winn Correctional Center, Winn Parish
01/15/02-09/22/05 -- C Paul Phelps Correctional Center, DeQuincy, LA, Calcasieu Parish
09/23/05-08/09/08 -- Avoyelles Correctional Center, Avoyelles Parish

speaking of forests, i was looking into Sheburne Forest. It's 44,000 acres:what:

the following is snipped from this website
http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/wma/2763

"Ground cover is sparse, in areas, due to shading out and prolonged inundation. In those areas where habitat improvement, in the way on timber management, has taken place, the ground cover is very dense and provides excellent habitat for many species of game and non-game species. Common species found include rattan, greenbriar, rubus, trumpet creeper, virginia creeper, poison ivy, and milkweed. Much of the area supports a lush stand of fern."

This area seems promising once hunting season starts. 44,000 acres is alot of land, but on foot he couldn't have made it too far in with his wounds, so when the hunters get out there once the weather cools, maybe they will find something??

This reminds me of where they were searching for Paige Johnson, who vanished almost 2 years ago now. They tracked her pings, I think it was, to near a forest preserve or national park of many thousands of acres. They did some searching but I believe it was too overwhelming. I have not heard of any further searching in a very long time.

Brazen Bull or Iron Maiden would deter sex offenders and child predators if the convicted were used as an example. Just saying. Lethal Injection seems too humane in my opinion. Call me morbid. I believe in an eye for an eye

I have been thinking about the far-off trial, which seems so unfair for Mickey's family (as well as Lisa's) to have to endure possibly years of waiting for justice. So hoping Mickey is found long before then. If she is not, at least that fact will serve as additional proof for the prosecution that she is in fact deceased, if they plan to use a number of circumstantial circumstances for this portion of the case. In some cases I have seen when the victim was never located, the length of time the person had been missing served as additional proof that they had in fact been murdered.

Wow! I just realized that Congress St- the same street BW& Mickey drove to Taco Bell
on and got food at, and the same way Mickey would have taken partway home, goes ALL the way to a short distance from BSL's Duson property, and also turns into Theriot Road which intersects with HWY 35 into Rayne and also goes up to Churchpoint and then further north to HWY 90 and Lawtell very close to BSLs house!

I bet he has traveled this route before in/out of Lafayette and would
not be surprised to find out he'd seen Mickey on her bike on congress St previously.

I wonder if he ever did any shop work in Lafayette for Wood Group on Ambasador caffery.

Info previously posted by Bessie on thread #38 post #1417:

02/25/00-07/05/00 -- Pine Prairie Detention Center, Evangeline Parish
07/06/00-07/30/00 -- Reception and Diagnostic Center at Elayn Hunt Correctional Center, Iberville Parish
07/31/00-01/14/02 -- Winn Correctional Center, Winn Parish
01/15/02-09/22/05 -- C Paul Phelps Correctional Center, DeQuincy, LA, Calcasieu Parish
09/23/05-08/09/08 -- Avoyelles Correctional Center, Avoyelles Parish

Here's the link to the source that reported the information.

http://www.dailyworld.com/article/2.../Lavergne-go-before-grand-jury?nclick_check=1

I watch Discovery ID all the time but must have missed this. Been perusing youtube today watching HBO: Autopsy and this was a related link. Documentary on DTL.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAMM9gBt6z4&feature=related"]The Baton Rouge Serial Killer - YouTube[/ame]

Maybe he headed to NOLA to celebrate his freedom? Wonder how close he stayed with his family while he was in prison? IMO if he felt they didn't visit him enough or support him enough during his prison sentence, he might've been angry at them right after his release and just wanted to go out and have fun. I do believe he's narcissistic. Of course that is assuming he got out on the day it states as opposed to the possibility of an earlier work release as speculated on WS recently. If he got out early it's not far fetched at all. Of course the work release angle is only speculation at this point.

Assuming he was actually behind bars until 08/09/08, the timeline in the Jessica Hawk case doesn't work. The theory that BSL was the perp in her case is based mainly on the sketch and what some see as a resemblance. Well, if we believe the sketch is accurate, we have to believe the rest of the account given by the person who provided a description for the sketch. He claims to have seen the man peeking in her window on Friday, 08/08/08. BSL was not released until the next day.

The discovery came after a peculiar Friday night incident that rattled a neighbor.

Shaffer was able to scare the man away with a bright spotlight and later warned Hawk.

http://www.nola.com/timespic/stories/index.ssf?/base/news-9/1218605009272350.xml&coll=1

i am not familiar with Duson or Churchpoint. I know WHERE they are, but that's about it. So what about this forest in the middle of the map? Could that be a "convenient" spot for him
http://goo.gl/maps/w7wgN

It is pretty close to his property but rather close to in town.IMO.

The problem sadly as I see it is there are just too many convenient spots. So many of these HWYs have deserted dirt roads off of them with rice fields (maybe someone will find something when they are cut and prepared for flooding for crawfish) little bayous, ponds, wooded areas, 6 foot high overgrown brush, weeds and bushes.

My best guess though is he took her to P3-95 or state hwy 975. P3-95 has parking areas,woods, trails, small
Bayous as well as being very dark and isolated. He could have left her in the words or wrapped her in chain and thrown her in the bayou or the Achafalaya.

There are so many trees, canals, forests, around his house.

Also, when i was on my way to his house, right down the road, i noticed a mail box that said "higginbotham" on an old beat up mail box, which had no house across the street anymore.

I know it was said BSL moved by Claire Higginbotham, was she around that area?
Because I thought she lived somewhere entirely different when he moved by her.

Might've just been the same last name of someone who lived close to him

There are a lot of Higginbotham's in the local area. In this area, all mailboxes are on the same side of the road regardless of which side the house is on. Could it maybe been for another house nearby?

If mickey attacked him and he had to kill her before planned that means he prob was thrown off an dumped the body fast ... Where ever he put her it would have to be an easy place with his finger being injured and being stabbed multiple times somewhere he could just dump and go ... Somewhere he is familiar with a place he knows no one goes to often but is easy to get to

Just so everyone knows, forensics is able to determine if blood found is that of someone alive or deceased. Is it possible LE found that of someone deceased in BSL's trailer? Also, I still personally believe it wasn't poison ivy BSL had, but a reaction to pepper spray.

There are a lot of Higginbotham's in the local area. In this area, all mailboxes are on the same side of the road regardless of which side the house is on. Could it maybe been for another house nearby?

Possibly, but it was a vacant lot on the opposing side of the street. I'm pretty sure any other home had their own mail box. Like I said, the name might by purely coincidence.

Sorry, I haven't been able to keep up with this post as often as I would like and it is extremely hard to catch up once you fall behind. I was just curious. I know he worked for Wood group offshore. Has it ever been stated where he was going out of for work? Venice, Cameron, Fourchon, etc?

In the last pictures I saw of him and his gf (the one with the two small children,) she isn't all that petite and she isn't blonde. Is she not the LAST girlfriend?

Where did you find pictures of him and his girlfriend??

Sorry, I haven't been able to keep up with this post as often as I would like and it is extremely hard to catch up once you fall behind. I was just curious. I know he worked for Wood group offshore. Has it ever been stated where he was going out of for work? Venice, Cameron, Fourchon, etc?
He went out of Venice at least once that we heard of from the hairdresser he had asked for a date. I don't know if anyone was ever officially able to find out if he did work 14&14 or not and if he always worked the same place.

I think it would be interesting if DTL and BSL communicated with each other some how.
What a coincidence that BSL drove a white truck and is a white male and that was the description of the Baton Rouge SK for a time.

Claire, would you mind naming some of the men in Picture 4 above your article? I recognize DA Keith Stutes and Assistant DA, but I don't know who the rest are. Are any of them Detective Bajat? I may be mispelling that, but the Lead Detective. I would also like to know which guy is the officer who conducted the first interview with BSL. I guess the detective wouldn't be with the attys. So there of 5 of them that I can't identify. Two of which must be the defense attys. I wonder who the really young guy is - all the way to the left?

Young guy on the left is Allen Hainey, an assistant district attorney. His dad is Phil Hainey, DA in St. Martin Parish. I didn't see any of the detectives at the arraignment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnv7