LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe BSL likes to make some things obvious, so he can get noticed. Not caught, but noticed. Like putting Lisa Pate under boards, very obvious. Putting the bike at whiskey bay that was a known spot after Derrick Todd Lee.

I think the area down my road should be checked. I checked our private property which has about 10 acres. But there's so much more tree areas here.

I say this area because less than a minute down the road is where Derrick Todd lees last victim escaped. So if by a small chance, he followed that guys trails its possible he went this route which would have only delayed him about 5 minutes in going to whiskey bay straight from Lafayette

Regarding dumping Mickey at WB, for some reason, I think this could be possible. My reasoning is because they searched the area for a very long time the day that they discovered the bike there. They stopped searching on 5/28 and returned on 5/31 with divers very late at night, I think they thought she was dumped there also.

JMO:
If TES is still here, I think that maybe they have connected other missing persons to BSL. It seems like by now, they would be running out of "tipped" locations to look for her. I am from Lafayette and KNOW that there are PLENTY of search areas, but it's impossible to search EVERY field around Acadiana.

Regarding dumping Mickey at WB, for some reason, I think this could be possible. My reasoning is because they searched the area for a very long time the day that they discovered the bike there. They stopped searching on 5/28 and returned on 5/31 with divers very late at night, I think they thought she was dumped there also.

JMO:
If TES is still here, I think that maybe they have connected other missing persons to BSL. It seems like by now, they would be running out of "tipped" locations to look for her. I am from Lafayette and KNOW that there are PLENTY of search areas, but it's impossible to search EVERY field around Acadiana.

Good point. But, I believe he purposely separated the two. If he had dumped her there, I'd guess he'd take the bike elsewhere. There's a tiny chance of it being identified far from home, or at least in a body of water further from where she was taken. Putting them both together would have been very risky. I think the bike was only a distraction. He took mickey and her bike together, but separated them at the end of everything. Just my opinion.

He probably thought it would just look like a stolen bike..if found....dumped in WB..and not tied to a missing girl from Laffy? He had no idea how much publicity that this girl was going to get.

I'm starting to think he dumped the bike after he killed MS and on his way to texas to burn the truck. For a long time I thought she was at WB too and a gator probably got her, but I don't think so now. I'm thinking once he got his PRIZE, he wanted it all to himself, in his comfort zone...if caught CP police he felt confident that he could come up with a story. After he did his deed, he then went home. I think once the truck was shown on TV, he went back and got the bike, and dumped it on the way to Texas. MOO

Off Topic-
'Anyone who has not seen this documentary before, really needs to watch it to see the ellusiveness & progression of a sexual predator. It is very informative. Jane Doe rape victim; Donna Palomba, founded www.janedoenomore.org due to her experience & the decade long investigation that followed..

The Man Behind the Mask

Would Donna Palomba discover the identity of her masked rapist?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18405518/ns/dateline_nbc-crime_reports/

I agree after reading all the posts here that he may have been watching Mickey for some time. If he reported to work off of Ambassador caffery , had property near Duson, he may have seen Mickey riding her bike on various occasions and stalked her? just my opinion

I don't really think that he stalked her, but I do think that night was not the first time he'd seen her.

I'd say he was impulsive too, had he not had women's items. That crosses the impulse line to me. If Claires story is the truth and BSL threatened to burn down her home, to me that's not impulse, but pre thought out. Just like he carefully broke into his 1999 victims home with a knife ready to go if she didn't comply.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he ever saw her before that night. I just think he's definitely not a random impulse guy

I don't think he stalked her per se. I just feel like if he did much driving around Lafayette, which I'm sure he did...at night, and the family said it was not unusual for Mickey to bike home that late at night, I just believe their paths crossed before. I don't think it's like he was thinking "I'm gonna get that girl." I feel like those times before, he might have been able to keep his demons at bay. I feel like he strikes out when he is in pain and that night for some reason, when he saw her, the demons took over.

Well that did not work out so well for him.

I am new to WS--I believe in citizen activism and that many heads may possibly bring justice in this haunting case. Rather than prurient interest we are part of a larger mind--as Ed McBain wrote:
“that we live in an armed camp, making war with a chaotic world, and that the criminals, the children of chaos, are nothing but the traitors within our gates the detective the agent of social justice who-- is the original and
poetic figure--a private eye vs the evil eye --can return us a state of grace..."

I believe BSL is an opportunist sk--he ran her down and leapt from truck perhaps with stun gun to disable her temporarily--threw her in then later she was able to fight back--I only wished she had scratched out his eyes--I also sadly think searchers need a break in finding her--she is probably part of a larger burial ground for him.

I am having a really hard time with all of this and I think I need a break for a bit. I know that I find myself trying not to make eye contact with anyone at the convenience store, post office, anywhere...I used to be very social and now it's almost as if I don't want to talk to anyone unless I have done a background check on them. I am sure that I am not the only female in Lafayette who feels this way right now, but I need to step away from reading all of ya'lls posts. Keep up the good work and I hope Mickey comes home real soon. ♥

I agree with you...unfortunately, I think he dumped her body in WB too. Why wouldn't he.
-------------------

My bold above. Thank you for that question: Why wouldn't he? I think that many of us have expressed that he would would want to remove her person as far away as he could from the bike evidence.

Why do you ask: Why wouldn't he? Not to be critical, but interested in your opinion.

Matter of convenience? Dumping ASAP? Unthinking disposal?

I think it's a legitimate point, separating the evidence. Not to answer for pop, but my answer to why wouldn't he is because:
1. It's remote and isolated.
2. He's not likely to be seen by others.
3. He's already there dumping the bike.
4. The longer he travels with her body the more chances of getting caught.
5. Similarly, each time he stops, there's more risk of getting caught.
6. It's distant enough from his house but not so far that he's putting himself at risk.
7. He was injured and had to get rid of evidence quickly.
8. The basin seems as easy a place for a body to disappear as any.

Those are just some immediate thoughts that come to mind without thinking about it at length. Of course, the problem is, Mickey truthfully can be anywhere.

Way back in the day my husband and I use to go fish some bar pits around the area her bike was found. Coming from Lafayette when we would take that exit ramp instead of going right we would go back to the left and travel the levy to between 5 and 7 miles down. You couldn't see the water from the road you would either have to know the area or have been told about those pits. I can remember always thinking how spooky those woods were and how dangerous. Very few cars would pass that direction and it was very private. May not be that way today as I have not been there in 20 years. Just thinking if I were going to dispose of something I didn't want found right away that would be the area I would dispose. Not accessable by boat. We've even witnessed someone riding way down there to dump a young German Shepard. And yeah I went and picked up the poor dog and brought it back and gave it to someone. I just hope they have checked that area north of I-10 too.

Earlier people were speculating that Mickey had a box cutter....

Was also said earlier she might have been carrying a pipe.....maybe she could have broken the pipe and used the broken end as a weapon....or a glass bottle.... but once i thought about the crawling through a broken window.....and imagined the bad cut on his finger being caused by setting his hand down on the sharp jagged edge of broken glass.....now that's all i can think..

Just speculating!

Her pipe was not glass. It was a ceramic cigarette, I.e. one hitter.

(I know this from the early search I was on)

someone yesterday on here posted something about LE having to "shoo" away homeless people before searching??? that sounds hmmmmmm to me. has anyone else heard this. could the original poster of this elaborate? thanks!!

I had posted about this ... The lady who had told me said her friend went on a search around the river I have no clue where but anyway said that there was a lot of homeless people who were living there that the police had to clear out before it was safe to search. I have no clue if this true highly Likely that it's not the only reason I had brought it up is to see if anyone on here encountered the same situation. After posting this I tried searching online To see if I could find anything about this and I couldn't, to be honest I wish I wouldn't have posted it at all!

Not sure if this is allowed but since it is a news post on facebook I'm assuming its public. I apologize if it is not allowed beforehand. But this is an example of how easy it is too walk away from work release programs. Had this girl not turned him in they might not of known he took a stroll. A friend of mine that worked at one of those correctional centers told me when the prisoners are dropped at the work location sometimes they aren't picked back up for 8 to 12 hours after their shifts, which do include local restaurants and 24 hour Grills of which I will not name but they are famous for people going to after the bars close and nothing else is opened.

http://www.katc.com/news/escaped-work-release-inmate-from-lafayette-found-in-eunice-closet/

Not sure if this is allowed but since it is a news post on facebook I'm assuming its public. I apologize if it is not allowed beforehand. But this is an example of how easy it is too walk away from work release programs. Had this girl not turned him in they might not of known he took a stroll. A friend of mine that worked at one of those correctional centers told me when the prisoners are dropped at the work location sometimes they aren't picked back up for 8 to 12 hours after their shifts, which do include local restaurants and 24 hour Grills of which I will not name but they are famous for people going to after the bars close and nothing else is opened.

http://www.katc.com/news/escaped-work-release-inmate-from-lafayette-found-in-eunice-closet/

First you have to qualify for work release and we do not know that BL ever was granted any sort of outside "freedom". It seems less likely that he would be, with an RSO status, than some of the other people who are in prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member