LA - Bella Fontenelle, 6, crammed into bucket left on bio mom's lawn, Hannah Landon, 43, arrested, Harahan, 26 Apr 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
[From the NOLA link I posted]

It appears the killer checked herself into a hospital after leaving Bella at her mother's home.

Why o why couldn't she have checked into a hospital prior to fatally wounding this itty bitty princess? The answer is: Nobody Knows.
Getting a jumpstart on that insanity defense. No waiting about for months in jail like LS for her.

MOO

An autopsy conducted Wednesday determined Bella's death was a homicide, Coroner Gerry Cvitanovich said. Bella had "multiple injuries," but Cvitanovich said he would not release her cause of death, citing the ongoing investigation.

Hannah Landon, 43, Bella's accused killer, was taken into custody Wednesday afternoon after authorities found her at a local hospital, Sheriff Joseph Lopinto said. She will be booked with first-degree murder and obstruction of justice.

"We believe Bella was killed at the father’s house (on Donelon Drive in Harahan) and then transported over to the mother’s house and then taken out of a wagon," Lopinto said.

Investigators do not believe Bella's biological parents played any role in the homicide, Lopinto said.

Bella's father walked into the Harahan Police Department at about 7:30 a.m. after he woke up to discover Landon and his youngest daughter were missing, Lopinto said.

Harahan police officers went to the family's home on Donelon Drive and opened a missing person investigation.

They also paid a visit to the home of Bella's biological mother, one street over on Sedgefield Drive, as part of that investigation, Lopinto said. That's where officers found the closed, 10-gallon chlorine bucket on the front lawn.

"When they opened up the bucket, they found the 6-year-old deceased inside that bucket," Lopinto said.

Authorities suspect Bella was killed some time Tuesday night.

*I am still in scary shock. I just found the above article and almost blindly posted. I just couldn’t believe what I had just read. Omg, this is absolutely a vicious insult upon humanness. I get up so early, I read about this kind of evil in third world countries but this is so startling to me, I’m at a loss for words. I’m so afraid of what else will come out about the cause of death.

"This is indeed a horrific tragedy that will impact our school and parish community. Because of the very challenging and sensitive nature of the situation and, in order to help our faculty and families in processing this news, we have made the decision to cancel all classes tomorrow, Thursday, April 27 and Friday April 28," said the email.

Neighbors told WWL-TV that authorities asked him for his home security video from Tuesday night.

Last edited:
I am by no means bashing the father. I can't imagine the pain he feels right now. I just wonder how long this animosity for the girls mother has been going on? I imagine Bella has been on the receiving end of the gf's vitriol before. <modsnip: not victim friendly> The evil that lives inside that woman. *shudders* Sending love and healing to Bella's loved ones. Rest Easy, Sweet Girl!

Last edited by a moderator:
The mayor of Harahan also released a statement following the crime, which has rocked the close-knit community. It reads:

"To the Citizens of Harahan,

"As many of you know, there is an ongoing police investigation involving residents of our community – one of which is a young child. Our community prays for all those affected and that they may be comforted by the love and grace of God now and forever.

"I do not have any answers to why this happened. None of us do. Nor will we ever completely know or understand.

"For over 100 years, our small community is and has been based on faith, family, and friendship. It’s what sets us apart. Things like this do not happen in Harahan but today, it did. Quite frankly, over the past five years social media, political and economic uncertainty, civil unrest and COVID have made society more isolated, more divisive, and more on-edge. We are slowly becoming numb to the violence and tragedy we see on the news every evening.

"I ask that each of us look into our hearts, unplug yourself from the world, go outside and talk with your neighbors – like we used to. You might find one that needs help or is going through a rough time. Offer them your support. Instead of complaining about someone’s yard, offer a lending hand to help them out. We need to come together as a community. We need to love those close to us and look out for each other. Now more than ever."
A woman has been accused of killing a child and leaving the body in a bucket on the mother's front yard

emphasis by me

The mayor of Harahan also released a statement following the crime, which has rocked the close-knit community. It reads:

"To the Citizens of Harahan,

"As many of you know, there is an ongoing police investigation involving residents of our community – one of which is a young child. Our community prays for all those affected and that they may be comforted by the love and grace of God now and forever.

"I do not have any answers to why this happened. None of us do. Nor will we ever completely know or understand.

"For over 100 years, our small community is and has been based on faith, family, and friendship. It’s what sets us apart. Things like this do not happen in Harahan but today, it did. Quite frankly, over the past five years social media, political and economic uncertainty, civil unrest and COVID have made society more isolated, more divisive, and more on-edge. We are slowly becoming numb to the violence and tragedy we see on the news every evening.

"I ask that each of us look into our hearts, unplug yourself from the world, go outside and talk with your neighbors – like we used to. You might find one that needs help or is going through a rough time. Offer them your support. Instead of complaining about someone’s yard, offer a lending hand to help them out. We need to come together as a community. We need to love those close to us and look out for each other. Now more than ever."
A woman has been accused of killing a child and leaving the body in a bucket on the mother's front yard

emphasis by me

Man! The mayors words were perfect!

Humanity is on the edge of extinction..pushed by madness.
MOO

Oh my word.....the crime is so absolutely heinous, when I read it was the GF of the bio-dad who did this, my first thought was that something exceptionally terrible & earth-shattering must have happened to cause her to suddenly go so very far off the rails, like perhaps the bio parents choosing to get back together, or actually catching them "in the act" of an affair, but no...

This all stemmed from a hand-slapping & hair-pulling incident between bio mom & gf at a country club swim meet because of a hug from a family member?! THAT was the catalyst for this horrific act of craziness?

Holy cow!! What a sick sick person to do this to an innocent child. All because she had hatred for the mother. Lock her up and throw away the key!
My thoughts are with this family. What a horrendous thing to have happen.

Quite frankly, over the past five years social media, political and economic uncertainty, civil unrest and COVID have made society more isolated, more divisive, and more on-edge. We are slowly becoming numb to the violence and tragedy we see on the news every evening.

emphasis by me
SBMFF.

Thank you for posting that, @tlcya. I feel it warrants being posted again as it is just so well said and a very important message.

Black Heart Suit

Quite frankly, over the past five years social media, political and economic uncertainty, civil unrest and COVID have made society more isolated, more divisive, and more on-edge. We are slowly becoming numb to the violence and tragedy we see on the news every evening.

JPSO investigators say they quickly honed in on Landon, who the sheriff’s office described as an Asian female that also goes by the names “Bunnak Lim” and “Bunnak Landon,” as the primary suspect in the case.

Last edited:
What the heck is going on with us?
More and more humans are committing more and more abhorrent forms of murder and other crimes. It's like our brains are evolving in the wrong direction and we're turning into monsters.

RIP Bella

Facebook

“Dad went through extensive interviews today, and we don’t believe he was involved in the murder by any means,” Lopinto said. “As you can imagine, both him and the mother are extremely upset, as you would expect of anyone who lost a 6-year-old child unexpectedly.”

The victim’s father and Landon had spent “several years together,” Lopinto said. The sheriff said investigators were combing through records linked to each of Landon’s aliases and that it was premature for the JPSO to release any information on whether she had been associated with any previous accusations of child abuse or violence.
Harahan woman accused of murdering 6-year-old girl, leaving her in bucket on mother’s lawn

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluemagic
Back