LA LA - Crystal Dupuis Grebinger, 32, Lafayette, 8 February 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Sunday Advertiser (AKA The Daily Advertiser) had one small article under Police Briefs, page 7B. Nothing new!

I'm always unsure of the FB comments rules here so I will just say to check out KATC TV-3 on Facebook. Yesterday the posted about Crystal (which was the first I heard of her being missing and I started this topic for her). Her SIL and Best friend are both commenting along with others who know Crystal and the situation she was in with her husband.

According to a post on the Help Find Crystal Dupuis Grebinger facebook page:
She was last seen Feb 8th but was last spoken to on the phone Feb 13th.
Also (from same site), it was posted that they (family?/friends?) are waiting for the authorities to meet so a search can get organized/started.

I wonder where the kids were during all this. Sean's history years back with the strip clubs he was involved with at Showtime here in Lafayette were some dark years. No telling what he has been involved with. In recent years he was supposed to be a professional gambler making millions of dollars in Las Vegas but they lived in Cecilia, that was the story last time I saw him.

Another update from the Find Crystal f/b page. According a post from one of Crystal's sisters she states she:

I hope the family starts being proactive in finding their loved one. I wish the info regarding the hotel/motel would have been released/provided to the media.

They keep hinting that they cannot say anything because the LPD and FBI won't let them talk about anything. Is that normal? For example they mentioned that they cannot talk about the ex husband or question where he is? The family sure answers things in very odd fashion.

There were family members on the katc thread I was reading and a woman I suppose who is friends with Crystal who outed her having been at the Woman's Shelter. Was strange interaction on that thread. There was no information as to if people could help the family put up missing flyers. I hope this family as fractured as it may be regroups soon and comes up with a game plan which involves volunteers because she has been missing for 3 weeks and there is limited info. I have to think police have talked to the ex-husband?

Okay, I read a post on the Find Crystal page on FB and her sister asked another person on the thread if 'she' had current pictures of Crystal. The poster said yes, she has pictures from her Feb 26th wedding? The news states she had not been seen or heard from since early Feb. There was also another poster who mentioned she had seen Crystal in court on the 7th.

The family truly needs to come up with a timeline because the media is giving one date and then reading something like I did is going to confuse things and the public is fickle. I learned this when Mickey was missing. I knew Mickey and it was astonishing the comments people would make IF there was any information they didn't think matched up. I say the family needs to define the timeline if they want people to get involved and help.

People are offering to put out flyers. The sister said they are having some more made.

Asterik
There are some things I think LE would ask them to with hold but at the same time there is such limited information being given out and conflicts it would seem in dates she was last seen or heard from if one goes by comments family is making on her Missing FB page.

:panic:

Who has responsibility for the children? Where are they living while their mother is supposed to be in a shelter? Is she not in touch with her children? Three weeks is a long period of time to be missing and it is just now being discovered.

This is too wierd and scary! Maybe she has had to go in deep undercover because of threats to her life.

KLFY interviewed the mom and sister today. The reporter stated that she was residing in a shelter at the time of her disappearance. Sorry I don't know how to link.

Teche, I just saw/read the KLFY article you mentioned ... here's a little snippet and a link to the article and video.

Missing: Crystal Dupuis Grebinger
Grebinger was staying at a Lafayette safe house, while going through a divorce from her husband.
The family says her marriage was rocky and violent. And they fear her husband had something to do with her disappearance.
"He always told her, and the divorce would be final this month, that is she left him, he'd kill her," said Dupuis.
But at this point, police have named no suspects in her disappearance.

Information coming out is confusing though because the media continues to state Feb 8th was the last time she was seen and/or communicated with yet, her sister stated on facebook that she spoke with Crystal on the phone on Feb 13th. I guess though, in the grand-scheme of things, the missing date doesn't matter too much at this point as far as giving the public an accurate date.

I crossed a black hummer on Ambassador today...rubber-necked to no end...but the windows were tinted. I thought of Crystal. I was looking for her.

She looks SO different in the assortment of pictures posted, the wigs and all...but the beautiful smile is the same.

Praying for Crystal, the children, her family and friends.

Today when I went into my local tobacco shop I noticed her fliers,
I was told Crystal's mother went in this morning to put them up and
said the Ex has two warrants, one here and the other in Florida
I didn't not speak to the mother myself so this is "rumor"

I don't see any active warrants here for him. Strange. Plus he was arrested twice in the last month, seems like they would have picked up on the warrants.

I don't see any active warrants here for him. Strange. Plus he was arrested twice in the last month, seems like they would have picked up on the warrants.

Thanks for checking,
It's odd how quickly information evolves

They keep hinting that they cannot say anything because the LPD and FBI won't let them talk about anything. Is that normal? For example they mentioned that they cannot talk about the ex husband or question where he is? The family sure answers things in very odd fashion.
It's very normal. The most innocent remarks can push a POI deeper into hiding, tip him off that LE is onto his whereabouts, and/or entice him to take desperate measures. The family's remarks are not unusual at all.

Sending prayers for Crystal.

I did see a missing poster in downtown Breaux Bridge (St. Martin parish). It's been extremely quiet in the local media.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melissaw
Back