LA LA - Daniel Dewey, 17, Greensburg, 17 Nov 1979

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It does puzzle me why more people arent interested in this case. It has so many strange aspects to it, the method ofkilling being but one. The identification of Dewey back in 2008 generated a few articles. Apparently they murders are under re-investigation by St Tammany Parish i think or possibly Louisiana state police. Interesting to see what outcomes if any there are.

HI, Dennis Turcotte was found Feb 3rd 78. Raymond RIchardson was found late march off Menge avenue near pass Christian, he was badly decomposed and police believe he was dead about a month taking his murder back into february. There is a podcast, New orleans unsolved. It has a facebook page with fantastic old news articles from the time .They made an arrest in the case of Turcotte but the case was dropped as it was 'weak'. The arrested person was named and he is or was part of the cast of the show swamp people incredibly. There were supects apparently. I wonder if it wasnt more than one person as it would take a lot to tie up 17/19 yr olds and hoist them into car trunks etc.
HI just replying to this message as i wrote it orignally there is some factual errors in it. Raymond richardson was not found off Menge avenue. He was found north of Menge Avenue and Interstate 10. There is a large area of woods with a cunningham road running along the top. I think this is where he was found. In any event he was in an advanced state of decomposition, partially eaten by local wildlife but identified by his wallet . His mother lived in nearby Gulfport and he had been living as a street kid in New Orleans for some time apparently. He worked at Jimmys coney island hot dog stand on royal street. Not much info on him although i am in contact with someone who was around at that time who knew him well. Richardson had an older sister who died in early 1976 ina car accident. His mother at the double tragery of losing both her teenage kids in a short space of time. She herself died in 2017, the info is all on the findagrave site. As someone from the uk who has never visited the usa and who was born in the 70s, im curious as to how much media attention in general these deaths generated. From what ive learned, not a great deal. Would be good to hear from people from this area who remember these three cases. My perception of New Orleans is kinda cliched, the jazz clubs ,24 hour city etc . I am aware of the dreadful fire of 1973 which took many lives. I am still surprised at how violent a city New Orleans seems to be

I often think about this case. I remember when I first came across it Daniel was an unidentified victim. I was so glad when he was finally identified. I wonder how many other victims there could be.

Daniel Dewey was the last, at least to be killed with that bizarre rope method. There are a couple of very strange aspects about this case. The first two victims ,Dennis Turoctte and Mark Richardson were killed within a couple of weeks of each other. Richardson lay undiscovered for a month, but both young men had their wallets on them. THe killer had taken care to ensure Dewey was hard to identify. He had left texas about a month before his murder, probably because of an arrest over illegal use of a motorbike. Im guessing he left because of that and came to NOLA. I read somewhere that in the 70s or maybe even now, NOLA was a destination for many young runaways. Paedophilila was rife in NOLA in the 70s. I tend to associate Paedophilia more with the prepubescent. These three victims were just kids but at 19 and 17, they are also young men. Turcotte and RIchardson were murdered in february 1978. THen Daniel Dewey was November 1979, almost two years. I personally think this suggests someone who is a visitor to NOLA. This person is part of a gang there. He does not have the wherewithall to die the complicated knots, but someone in Nola has. THere is so much more information needed to solve this case. Were all three tied Identically? Turcotte and Richardson were connected with jimmys coney island hot dog stand, ive heard that from first hand knowledge. THe gap is puzzling. It has been suggested maybe there was a fourth victim or fifth discarded in woodland and never found.
THe New Orleans unsolved podcast by Thanh and Anna Kantrell has lots of information that touches on all this,revolving primarily around a corrupt policeman Stan Burkhardt. He is a convicted child molester but has never been charged with murder. IT is believed he is connected to Edward wells pulled from the mississippi river.
I have been fascinated by this case for a while. It is mainly the sad back story of Daniel Dewey, coming from a broken home.Homeless at 17. The pathology behind this method of murder is also really fascinating. ITs so cruel, it reaks of pure sadism. The Italian mafia used it on people who disgusted them or broken their rules. THe only other case of a death like this was in Oklahoma two years ago. A father was jailed for life for beating up his daughers partner. He also hogtied him with the rope around his neck and left him in a field .

Last edited:
Daniel Dewey was the last, at least to be killed with that bizarre rope method. There are a couple of very strange aspects about this case. The first two victims ,Dennis Turoctte and Mark Richardson were killed within a couple of weeks of each other. Richardson lay undiscovered for a month, but both young men had their wallets on them. THe killer had taken care to ensure Dewey was hard to identify. He had left texas about a month before his murder, probably because of an arrest over illegal use of a motorbike. Im guessing he left because of that and came to NOLA. I read somewhere that in the 70s or maybe even now, NOLA was a destination for many young runaways. Paedophilila was rife in NOLA in the 70s. I tend to associate Paedophilia more with the prepubescent. These three victims were just kids but at 19 and 17, they are also young men. Turcotte and RIchardson were murdered in february 1978. THen Daniel Dewey was November 1979, almost two years. I personally think this suggests someone who is a visitor to NOLA. This person is part of a gang there. He does not have the wherewithall to die the complicated knots, but someone in Nola has. THere is so much more information needed to solve this case. Were all three tied Identically? Turcotte and Richardson were connected with jimmys coney island hot dog stand, ive heard that from first hand knowledge. THe gap is puzzling. It has been suggested maybe there was a fourth victim or fifth discarded in woodland and never found.
THe New Orleans unsolved podcast by Thanh and Anna Kantrell has lots of information that touches on all this,revolving primarily around a corrupt policeman Stan Burkhardt. He is a convicted child molester but has never been charged with murder. IT is believed he is connected to Edward wells pulled from the mississippi river.
I have been fascinated by this case for a while. It is mainly the sad back story of Daniel Dewey, coming from a broken home.Homeless at 17. The pathology behind this method of murder is also really fascinating. ITs so cruel, it reaks of pure sadism. The Italian mafia used it on people who disgusted them or broken their rules. THe only other case of a death like this was in Oklahoma two years ago. A father was jailed for life for beating up his daughers partner. He also hogtied him with the rope around his neck and left him in a field .
Another thing i found in online research. A couple of young men ( early 20s) went missing from NOlA at about the same time Dewey was found. Obviously there could well be no connection

Regarding the above article, it has been disputed whether any of the three victims actually worked at Jimmys coney island hot dog stand. In the recent New Orleans unsolved podcast, it was mentioned that the manager of this establishment was accused of having a predilection of hogtying boys with a rope around their necksuch atht if they resisit they choke. His name was redacted in the podcast for obvious reasons. Would be interesting to know who he was

Okay just to clarify some of what may be written above. Raymond Richardson worked at Jimmys Coney Island Hot Dog Stand. Dennis Turcotte frequented there. I have spoken to someone else who worked at JCIHDS and they confirmed this. THis is not a serial killer. THe pattern is too bizarre. I wonder if it was about drugs? Turcotte had a drug problem. Dewey wore a provocative t shirt about sex and weed. Its like each victim did something wrong and their cruel death was a penalty. That is just a thought. I dont tknow of any living relatives for the first two victims. Dewey has 3 brothers in Texas. From late 1979. there were a few mysterious disappearances of young men in their twenties. One vanished the weekend after Dewey;s body was found. There may be no connection of course.

Okay just to clarify some of what may be written above. Raymond Richardson worked at Jimmys Coney Island Hot Dog Stand. Dennis Turcotte frequented there. I have spoken to someone else who worked at JCIHDS and they confirmed this. THis is not a serial killer. THe pattern is too bizarre. I wonder if it was about drugs? Turcotte had a drug problem. Dewey wore a provocative t shirt about sex and weed. Its like each victim did something wrong and their cruel death was a penalty. That is just a thought. I dont tknow of any living relatives for the first two victims. Dewey has 3 brothers in Texas. From late 1979. there were a few mysterious disappearances of young men in their twenties. One vanished the weekend after Dewey;s body was found. There may be no connection of course.

Having listened to the new orleans unsolved podcast on the rope murders so far, more indepth research has shown many assumptions were untrue. As contemptible and deeply unpleasant as I find the researcher, Anna has found that Mark richatdson probably died of a drugs overdose. He was hogried but strangulation was ruled out. His body was heavily decomposed. Daniel dewey was found at the bottom of pumping Station Road. He was wearing no undervlothes, and the jeans and shoes he had on were three sizes too big. This case seems to run deep for those interested, listen to the podcast , the rope murders. It's ongoing with more episodes ro come.

about a few hundred yards south of Darlington Baptist church, There is a turn in from the road that leads to a dump site, I believe he was found here. Of course the location may have moved slightly since 1979 as it is a landfill site.
Ignore this info its incorrrect. There is a road called pumping station road , it leads to landfill sites that is where he waas found, so south west of Greensburgh

The podcasters responsible for The Rope murders series/New Orleans Unsolved Season 2 have blocked me from there facebook and there instagram. They don't like dissenting voices. Anna Christie claims to care about trauma survivors and those who have experienced abuse. My experience and mental health doesnt really matter it seems.

THe New Orleans Unsolved POdcast is still running. The Rope murders is going into is second part which is looking at suspects. I have to commend them for their research. Apart from exploring the lives and deaths of Dennis Turcotte and Raymond Mark Richardson, I have learned alot more about Daniel Dewey. They have interviewed two brothers. It was hard listening to alot of it as it was a bit too close to home. Im barred from their Facebook and Instagram pages. Pointing out inconsistencies and having the wrong politics got me off on the wrong foot! Eddie Wells in 1982 is still a mystery, I believe he overdosed at a small party and died. Frightened friends not knowing what to do threw him in the river. THats just my theory. As for the Rope Murders, I believe the killer is dead . I believe these were thrill kills. They were not victims of opportunity. The long gap between Turcotte/Richardson killed february 1978 and almost two years till Danny Dewey in November 1979 is odd. Maybe the killer was in jail? I reckon he was criminally versatile. The Dewey family seemed to be very fragmented at the time of Dannys' death. I wonder how long it was before they thought something was wrong with no contact.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marisa_breanna97
Back