LA LA - Dorothy Yates-McCathran, 40, left purse, ID & food cooking, Vivian, 21 Jan 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Please remember:

Rumors are not allowed.

Family and loved ones are considered victims until/unless LE officially names someone as a POI or suspect.

From The Rules: Etiquette & Information

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed.
Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

Dorothy Allen Yates-McCathran – The Charley Project
https://charleyproject.org/case/dorothy-allen-yates-mccathran
February 9, 2021; casefile added

Details of Disappearance
Yates-McCathran was last seen at her home in the 10000 block Vivian Airport Road in Vivian, Louisiana on January 21, 2020. Her husband arrived home to find her gone. There was okra cooking on the stove, and Yates-McCathran's purse and driver's license were left behind. She has never been heard from again. At the time of her disappearance, her vehicle was disabled; authorities believe she either walked away from home or got picked up by someone else.

Yates-McCathran's parents in Shreveport, Louisiana have custody of her two children. On the day she went missing, she spoke to her daughter on the phone; she was upset about not being able to see the child on her birthday, but she cheered up and got excited about coming to the birthday party the following week. A search of the couple's five-acre property turned up her jewelry, hat and scarf in the woods, but no other sign of her.

In April 2020, three months after Yates-McCathran disappeared, a person left unspecified information about her at an undisclosed business in Vivian. Authorities have appealed for this individual to come forward so they can speak with the person further. Yates-McCathran's case remains unsolved.

Did her parents have custody of her children when she went missing? Was her husband the children's biological father? This is so tragic for her family..but maybe not for her husband. moo
From @mlhenn ’s link upthread:
Yates-McCathran's parents in Shreveport, Louisiana have custody of her two children. On the day she went missing, she spoke to her daughter on the phone; she was upset about not being able to see the child on her birthday, but she cheered up and got excited about coming to the birthday party the following week.” So yes, I think so- didn’t notice that before. Good catch!

Which makes me wonder… husband said he came home, okra cooking on stove & purse left behind. Her car was “disabled”, so couldn’t drive away. Could someone have brought the kids by to entice her out the door into the driveway… and then what?

And what does it mean that her car was “disabled”? Does that mean it was broken down or does it mean someone removed a part so she couldn’t drive?

Bizarre case for sure. Imo

I just ran across Dorothy's story on The Vanished Podcast. I haven't listened just yet, as I always come here to review before listening

EPISODE 304: Dorothy Yates-McCathran — The Vanished Podcast
This does shed some light on her case. It explains some things I had questions about, but brings up more questions. Three quarters of the way through I thought I had a good theory, then in the last quarter I wasn't as solid on that possibility.

Are we allowed to discuss the Vanished podcast?

I'm happy that Dottie hasn't been forgotten and is in the news again, but they couldn't share one single new piece of information after two years? Geesh... :(

Caddo Sheriff searches for answers in case of missing Louisiana woman

Jan 21 2022
The Caddo Parish Sheriff's Office is asking for the public's help in solving the case of a North Louisiana woman who has been missing for two years.

Dorothy “Dottie” Yates-McCathran was last seen in 2020 at her residence of Vivian Airport Road on Jan. 21, 2020.

Authorities searched the residence numerous times with no significant leads.

Her family is asking anyone with information on her disappearance to come forward.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...earches-for-louisiana-woman-missing-two-years

March 12, 2022
On Jan. 21, 2020, Kevan McCathran came home to find his wife missing. Dorothy “Dottie” Yates-McCathran, 42, disappeared without a trace leaving behind her purse and ID.

The day before Dottie’s disappearance, Martha Mullins spoke to her on the phone. She said Dottie was upset because she was unable to travel the 40 minutes from her home in Vivian to Shreveport to see her daughter’s sixth birthday. During the phone call on Jan. 20, 2020, Dottie expressed her sadness that she wasn’t able to be there but promised the little girl she’d be at the birthday party on Jan. 26.

She never made it.

In recent months, Martha Mullins has received new details in the case.

Dottie supposedly called a friend (who asked to not be named) the day she went missing.

“This information just came available to me within the last six months,” Martha said.

The friend told Dottie's mother that on Jan. 21, 2020, at 3:45 p.m. the missing woman had called her. During that phone call, the friend said Dottie said that she and her husband had been fighting and she really needed to get away. She was asking for a job that her friend had been offered at a restaurant, Mullins said.

“She was talking to this woman on the phone, and somebody walked in on her. We don’t know who, but she had been crying when she was talking to this woman but when whoever walked in, she pulled herself together and just said hi,” she said.

Dottie continued the conversation with the woman on the phone after the unknown individual walked in.

The Shreveport Times has reached out to Kevan McCathran for comment but has not received a response.

Wow...if that can be verified somehow that's a game changer in terms of (circumstantial) evidence. It also clarifies her last known contact as the 21st.
questions I still have:
-the alleged call was at 3:45. When does her husband say he got home to find her missing (all I can find is it was 'after work')?
-I think everyone would like to know why she was reported missing 6 days later
-the husband was "at work" that day. Is there proof he was there? Did he work alongside other people who can verify?
-why did Dorothy's parents have custody of the children?
-did Dorothy work?
-related the above 2, was there something going on in her life that would be affected her ability/desire to have custody and her ability to hold a job?
-her hat/scarf/jewelery were found in the adjacent woods. how far away from the house was it found? Did they seem to be dropped in all one spot or were they dropped in a way that would indicate someone is moving forward?
>did the hat and scarf look like it had been in the woods since the 21st (based on snow fall or wetness or something) or could they have been placed more recently?

I think and hope LE has the answers to all these questions and is working behind the scenes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expertrenos
Back