LA - Hope Thibodaux for obstruction in 2yo son's rape, Sun, 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Re the Thibodauxs, maybe they honestly didn't do anything wrong. Is it possible the elderly man's relatives were jealous that the Thibodauxs gained power of attorney instead of theirselves? It doesn't seem right that they'd use so much of this man's money to make those purchases but maybe they didn't have much through the years, so when they did they maybe didn't know how to spend it wisely? And this man is still alive? Or no? If he's still alive, how in the world could they get away with that just bc they're POA? I thought laws changed years ago regarding POA.

More importantly, was any of that money used on their grandchild that was victimized? I mean, no trip to Disney or anything? Maybe a cool bedroom & lots of toys?

Bessie, I know this thread is old but do you happen to remember where you got this info? Could it have been in conversation with the grandparents or did you read it online or in transcripts somewhere. I tried to pull up the original article used to set up this thread but the old link is dead. I've searched portions of the quotes and didn't come up with the original article. Going to finish reading the thread then I'll try to search again.
This information came from either the article linked in the first post or the accompanying video interview with the gp's. Unfortunately, the link no longer works.

I'm reading everything I can find on Calvin & Darnay in the hopes of figuring out "Hope" & who the jerk suspect is that's connected to her. I'm so late to this thread so have no idea, started from scratch. Not sure what to think about the April arrest of Calvin & Darnay bc they honestly seem like decent people, people that give a darn iykwim. Is it possible that them spending the money of the man they became POA over was a misunderstanding? That's a HUGE misunderstanding, but certainly I'd think its possible. No? Am I just wishful thinking?

Everything I'm seeing suggests they love and care for the children very much. It so confusing to see the charges and the purchases connected with the money they used. $300,000 is alot of money. I can't help but wonder if maybe it was more innocent than what the media paints it to be. Maybe there wasn't anything illegal by what they did? Does anyone know? I'm wondering if any of that money was used for the victim grandchild. I wonder this bc of what their state of mind must be like. They've been living a nightmare for the past few years.

Something is going on. I'm on my iPad. I've never had a problem like this. The only new thread I've searched through is this one. I never click on the advertisements on Websleuths, no offense meant bc none seem to have much spam if any at all, only that I try not to ever click on adverts for safety reasons as a habit. So I know that didn't happen. Anyway, from this open tab I've been searching the name Hope Thibodaux. I searched Calvin & Darnay as well but it didn't happen until I walked away from searching Hope's info. I closed my tablet, went out to the kitchen to plate our early dinner, ate, came back to my bedroom & some *advertiser censored* page was on my tablet. I clicked back & it took me right to the page I'm typing on now, all I had to do was log back in. I clean my tablet after each use to prevent things like this, even delete web data, etc. it didn't even take me back to the google search for Hope. So I'm wondering if teen *advertiser censored* (18+) is attached to Hope's name, and if so, then why...

PS - this is NOT my imagination. I am extremely safe/cautious when reaching these types of cases. Anybody that knows how I research knows this bc I always utilize cache and safe searches, etc. I haven't been on any other threads. Nobody was using my iPad at all. It was completely cleaned of cookies, everything. It specifically happened while researching Hope Thibodaux. So now I'm curious...

ETA: Found out what happened. I clicked on a msm link that held an open cache of URLs for all of their stories running at the time. One of them was a bad link. So IMO, that news website was hacked yucky URLs were attached. No worries, it's not linked. If anyone happens to accidentally click on the one I'm referring to when searching google, shut all of your tabs or windows and thoroughly clean your computer/tablet.

I'm reading everything I can find on Calvin & Darnay in the hopes of figuring out "Hope" & who the jerk suspect is that's connected to her. I'm so late to this thread so have no idea, started from scratch. Not sure what to think about the April arrest of Calvin & Darnay bc they honestly seem like decent people, people that give a darn iykwim. Is it possible that them spending the money of the man they became POA over was a misunderstanding? That's a HUGE misunderstanding, but certainly I'd think its possible. No? Am I just wishful thinking?

Everything I'm seeing suggests they love and care for the children very much. It so confusing to see the charges and the purchases connected with the money they used. $300,000 is alot of money. I can't help but wonder if maybe it was more innocent than what the media paints it to be. Maybe there wasn't anything illegal by what they did? Does anyone know? I'm wondering if any of that money was used for the victim grandchild. I wonder this bc of what their state of mind must be like. They've been living a nightmare for the past few years.
I don't know what to make of the charges against the grandparents. If they were dropped, then it was probably a mistake in the first place, and there's no proof that the purchases were made with the elderly person's money. Regardless, it has nothing to do with the crime against the child three years ago, and that is the purpose for this thread.

I'd like to see an update on the rape case. Did HT's trial take place in July? If so, what were the results? Was the perp ever arrested?

I don't know what to make of the charges against the grandparents. If they were dropped, then it was probably a mistake in the first place, and there's no proof that the purchases were made with the elderly person's money. Regardless, it has nothing to do with the crime against the child three years ago, and that is the purpose for this thread.

I'd like to see an update on the rape case. Did HT's trial take place in July? If so, what were the results? Was the perp ever arrested?

The only thing is if its legit, it speaks for their character, the police took back the cars, truck, tractor, trailer, boat, motor, four wheeler, etc from what I make of it, but only up to about $292,000. Which means they were short about 8 grand. When searching emails, I notice it's linked with trying to avoid a foreclosure. I think this is an honest faux pas. I really do. I think they came into some money and spent it too fast. If they'd waited until the man passed, chances are his nephews wouldn't have even had a say in the matter. However, for the police to take back $292,000 worth of stuff says they must have done something wrong at least at that time. Every single thing I'm finding on these people is good positive stuff. I'm leaning towards the nephews being jealous they had no control over their uncle's money. The Thibodauxs took care of this man for a long time. It's the only thing that makes sense, at least to me. Jealousy. At this time, I don't know if they were given back their purchases or not. My gut is telling me they're good upstanding people. Sounds crazy but it's truly how I feel.

Has anyone pulled Hope's arrest records and transcripts yet? I know they're not on here but wondering before I try to search them out.

Thank you for your investigative talents today, Jersey*Girl.
I just keep thinking of this poor, little victimized child...and wish for justice on his behalf. No mercy for the rapist, nor for anyone who left him unprotected...or allowed his access to an evil wolf.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668
Back