GUILTY LA - Jailand Adams, 3 mos, dies in dryer, Bogalusa, 5 Dec 2005

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
teenage mother accused of putting her 3-month-old baby into a clothes dryer will not face the death penalty.

A Washington Parish grand jury indicted 18-year-old Lakeisha Adams this week on a count of second degree murder. That crime carries a maximum sentence of life in prison.
http://www.katc.com/Global/story.asp?S=4391215

Did she sit there listening to the thump thump thump of the baby in the dryer?

Unbelievable. :(

mysteriew said:
teenage mother accused of putting her 3-month-old baby into a clothes dryer will not face the death penalty.

A Washington Parish grand jury indicted 18-year-old Lakeisha Adams this week on a count of second degree murder. That crime carries a maximum sentence of life in prison.
http://www.katc.com/Global/story.asp?S=4391215
Well, hopefully she'll get the max sentence, although, I highly doubt it. Why not the DP? I wonder if it's because she is so young? I don't care....she killed a 3-month old baby by putting it in a dryer???????????? How sick is that????????????? :behindbar

I'm speechless! I was tossing wet clothes into the dryer last week and found my 8 mth old kitten had climbed in there. That alone make me sick to my stomach of what could have happened to her. I make sure that dryer door stays shut now. I too hope that the baby was knocked out immediately and didn't suffer. I just can't let my mind go there and think what he went through. May this so called mother forever be haunted w/ her little baby's body thumping in that dryer. Her day is coming when she finds herself in something MUCH hotter than a dryer.

GreenEyedGirl said:
Well, hopefully she'll get the max sentence, although, I highly doubt it. Why not the DP? I wonder if it's because she is so young? I don't care....she killed a 3-month old baby by putting it in a dryer???????????? How sick is that????????????? :behindbar

I can remember my checking in on my kids every half an hour to make sure they're still breathing at that age, when you worry about sids. I don't think anyone can believe a mother can do this to a baby, who was tortured in the process, and not feel anything at all.

Since the DA is seeking 2nd degree, not 1st degree, this girl must either be mentally retarded or have a recorded history of hearing voices/schizophrenia.

BillyGoatGruff said:
Since the DA is seeking 2nd degree, not 1st degree, this girl must either be mentally retarded or have a recorded history of hearing voices/schizophrenia.
I still say they should do the same to her.

blueclouds said:
I still say they should do the same to her.
I know people who are retarded and severely mentally ill. If you want to know what truly makes us human, it's located between the ears. It's impossible to understand the thought processes/motivations of people whose brains don't work properly (or at all) in the first place. Especially schizophrenia, where your brain is basically talking to you 24/7, except you don't realize it's your brain. You think it's god or the devil or dead relatives or someone from television. A friend of mine's mother used to hear voices coming out of coke bottles, telling her god only knows what. Nothing good, I bet.

BillyGoatGruff said:

Post partum:( ??

Linda7NJ said:
Post partum:( ??

Baby was only 3 mos. old. I would think they would have to look at post partum depression/psychosis in this case.

BillyGoatGruff said:
I know people who are retarded and severely mentally ill. If you want to know what truly makes us human, it's located between the ears. It's impossible to understand the thought processes/motivations of people whose brains don't work properly (or at all) in the first place. Especially schizophrenia, where your brain is basically talking to you 24/7, except you don't realize it's your brain. You think it's god or the devil or dead relatives or someone from television. A friend of mine's mother used to hear voices coming out of coke bottles, telling her god only knows what. Nothing good, I bet.

Well surely someone around her KNEW OF HER CONDITION. My father in law was border schizophrenic..../ highly bipolar and right before he killed himself, he was telling everyone the worlds problems were all his..... :( very sad.

IF SHE"S not to 'blame' so to speak - then someone around her is for not coming forward or getting the baby away from her. :mad:

jannuncutt said:
Bad idea, IMO, of course. Other factors need to be considered and the most important aren't age and marital status. Smith, Yates, Whilheim, etc., were not young single mothers.

I practice pediatrics in rural Iowa. High incidence of drug and alcohol abuse, domestic violence, unwed moms with little family support systems. We closely observe all moms after delivery- watch their bonding etc. I think the nursing staff and the docs take the time to identify the stressful factors and help moms before they leave the hospital. I'm really blunt about PPD because I myself had it. I tell them to call us day or night and to not be ashamed to get help. What's crazy about PPD is that my most severely affected moms are often very well educated and from the upper socioeconomic levels. We see infants 2-3 days after discharge. Even then mom's can be weepy.

I had PPD after the birth of my second child. The sad thing was, I didn't know it was PPD until it turned into full blown depression, months later. PPD isn't something to take in stride, either. It's very serious and those around you usually know before you do. Thank God I had family support to help me get over that hump, but there are lots of women that don't and that's sad. Anyway, I was just adding my :twocents: .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bill1620
Back